Day 30
205 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1 - Urist Vs. Volt

“Come on *#&4, It’ll be an easy run to the warehouse. What’s the worst that could happen?” Said an easy-going voice.

A girlish voice snorted, “That’s what you said last time before my boyfriend got gutted. If *&$# wasn’t with us he’d be dead!”

“Ha, the boy was weak. Not knowing his limits, I’m surprised to save the weakling. Be one less mouth to feed, at least his girlfriend can swing a sword just as good as she can bl-”

Laced with venom a table was kicked over by the blond girl, “You shut your mouth cur before I cut out your tongue.”

“Heh, I’d like to see you try, little lass. I can’t wait to put you in your place, right beneath me.” The man tipped his hat up giving the girl a lustful gaze.

Having enough of this stupidity Urist watched himself slam his fist on his table, “Enough out of the both of you, as Knights of the Order you will obey my commands!”

The man snorted in a sarcastic tone, “Fine, all hail the [Failure Hero] and all his wisdom. What would we the common man do without your commands.”

...

Yawning, Urist sat up and rubbed his head. Looking to his left he saw Uria sleeping peacefully. With a smile, he got out of bed and tucked her in, got a change of clothes, and headed over to the shower.

Before he left, a Uria’s voice rang out behind him, “Good luck.”

“Thanks, Uroa will come and get you.”

Taking a quick one he slapped his cheeks before heading to the armory and getting his gear on. Grabbing his greedy spear he exited the cave to see the morning sun shining and everyone was already out and about. With a determined expression, he headed towards the gate where he saw Volt, the hunters, and Adster the light mage.

Whispers arose as Urist moved forth, hearing them he laughed, “If you guys are so curious get on the wall and watch the fight.”

With his words, the people stopped what they were doing and started following behind him. As he reached the gate Volt gave him a neutral stare, “You sure you’re ready for this? No one will call you a coward for backing down. After all, I’ll be coming at you without holding back. If you’re not careful I might kill you.”

Urist patted him on the shoulder then opened the gate, “I’ve already made up my mind and a man doesn’t go back on his word. I’ll free you from your curse today, so you can finally fight together with your brothers and sisters.”

“Oh? You haven’t fought as long as I have. That arrogance will be your undoing.”

Urist chuckled, “Let’s just say I remember something.”

Walking out into the forest, the two entered a semi cleared area free of traps or pitfalls. The hunters had spread out to spot and kill any wild animals that might be drawn to the noise of combat. 

Adster stood between the two, “I’ll be the one starting your match off. Anything you want to say before you go at it?”

“Yah I do. Urist this is my final warning for you to back down.”

Urist shook his head, “Don’t waste your words. With my power, I’ll free you from your chains.”

Lightning began to gather around Volt’s body forming crackling heavy armor. His hair began to wave wildly in the air bolts of energy shot out of his eyes. Unsheathing his sword lightning bolts gathered along the blade make it give off chirping sounds, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Flames began to bleed out of Christ's body to conform into robes of fire as eyebrows and hair lit aflame. With a golden glint in the eyes, he pointed his spear at Volt as flames sputtered out of his mouth, “Cut the crap and lets fight.”

In between the two Adster felt his body sweat as his hair stood on end. Sensing danger he walked away a bit of distance away before shouting at the top of his lungs, “The duel between the boss and Volt will begin on the count of three! The winner will be decided when one yields or dies! One, two, three! Fight!”

Invoking strength, Volt cracked the ground as lightning danced along his sword. 

“Lightning slash.” Rushing forth, Volt roared as he sent a crescent beam of lightning at the stationary Urist.

In response, Urist moved his free hand causing flaming magic symbols to flash in the air, “Strength, Speed, Reflex, Control, Vision.”

Each symbol he wrote he named as the spell rushed towards his body. When he finished his incantation Volt’s attack was upon him. As his vision sharpened and his control over his body increased he simply leaned back to the point of an almost impossible angle allowing the attack to fly by. 

“Thunders descent.” 

Staring wide eye Urist saw Volt falling towards him with wings made of thunder intent on stabbing through him. Using his strength and control he pressed the butt of his greedy spear into the ground hard using the force to get out of the way. 

Not a moment sooner Volt smashed into the ground causing the ground to crack around him kicking up dust clouds around himself. Sliding along the forest ground, Urist regained his footing and watched the cloud of dust waiting for Volt to pop out.

Suddenly the hair on his neck began to stand up causing sweat to appear on his forehead. Without hesitation, he leaned forwards just in time for Volt sword to pass harmlessly where his head was at just a moment before. 

Using his spear as a support Urist sent a kick backward smashing into Volt's chest that connected sending him back. Urist used the force to increase the distance and brought his spear to bear ready for Volts relentless assault.

“What the fuck are you doing.” Volt's cold voice resounded as the dust cleared, his eyes were filled with disdain. “Why are you avoiding me? Why are you not attacking me? Do you think this is a game? If you don’t treat this seriously I’m going to kill you.”

Scratching his cheek Urist replied, “Would you believe me that I’m getting used to my new strength? Sorry about seeming like I’m disrespecting you, but now I’m battle-ready.”

“Staff art: Disable.”

Part 2 - Renounce

A flash of white light exploded forth from his body before condensing back onto his body. White runic symbols etched themselves on his flaming robes all pointing towards a large strange symbol on his back. 

With the spell finished, Urist rushed towards the awaiting Volt, kicking up rocks and dust intent on piercing through his armor. Volt although a little caught off by how fast Urist moved managed to block his head with a stab of his sword. 

With no hesitation, Volt moved in clenching his hand intent on decking Urist in the face. The moment before contact Volt saw Urist smile and sensed danger. Kicking into the ground he forced himself back as one of Urist’s hands passed by where Volt's head had been.

“Tch almost had you. What gave it away?”

“The smile. Tell me, what kind of magic is it?”

“Why don’t you let me hit you. Then you’ll figure it out.”

“No thanks. I'd rather not lose in such a humiliating fashion.”

After the short exchange of words, the two dashed at one another once again. Volt brought his sword down with one hand like a hammer intent on splitting Urist in half while his other went low shooting a lightning bolt at Urist center. In response, Urist quickly wrote out a symbol that transformed into a fire shield as he brought his spear to block the overhead slash.

The fire shield ate the lightning with an ear-splitting crack before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. The force of the impact forced Urist back a few inches before he sent a kick at Volt’s chest.  Dodging to the left Volt gilded his blade along the shaft of the spear intent on cutting off Urist fingers.

Urist used the force of his previous kick to twist his body and send his other foot flying at Volt's head. In this movement, he leaned his spear downwards digging its butt into the ground as support. 

Volt lunged forth into a roll to dodge the second kick, from the roll he smoothly got into a crouch position. In a swift motion, he turned and gathered lightning sending out three crossing breams of chirping energy towards Urist who was currently casting a spell. With a whisper of a chant and hand movements, a large fireball shot out like a cannon colliding with the lightning strikes.

Dust, Rocks, and degrees were thrown around where the magic clashed causing an explosion. The explosion didn’t stop the two as they rushed forth intent on using the smokescreen to attack one another. 

Blowing the smoke away, spear and sword clashed in a flurry of blows as Volt tried to dismember Urist and Urist tried to touch Volt.

Devolving into a game of deadly chicken as they grew closer to finish off one another. Unfortunately, it seems for Urist that he was still rusty as Volt worked under his guard digging his sword into his shoulder. 

“Ten thousand volts!” Volt roared sending lightning into Urist making him cough up blood as he began to be fried. 

Blood splattered on Volts' face causing the sensation of feeling numbness to spread down his body. Feeling the danger he tried to burn the blood away with lightning, unfortunately, it seemed to do little as his body became quickly paralyzed.

With his body losing strength he fell like a sack of potatoes losing his grip on his sword. While Urist was currently dealing with the lightning running through his body feeling like his heart was about to stop.

He stood doing his damndest to neutralize the lightning with his origin fire. It took him a few minutes to stabilize to which he undid his flame cloak and kept the sword in his shoulder to not lose blood.

Spear in hand he pointed it at Volt neck, “Do you submit?”

“Tell me what was that magic you used?”

“My past self used the spell, now do you submit?”

“You’re crazy bastard ya know that? If I channeled my lightning any longer I’d have stopped your heart. Can’t believe you bit your cheek to spit blood at me. Why not just spit?”

“It was a risk I accepted. Seeing I could end the fight with minimal injuries seemed the correct choice. Also, it wouldn’t have been as effective as the blood carried more of my mana. Meaning if I used my spit I’d have died with my heart stopping long before it affected you. Does that answer your question?”

Causing his lightning armor to recede Volt had a bitter expression on his face, “I hate losing in such a way but you did beat me. Give me a minute still neutralizing your magic.”

“Fine. Adster, come heal our injuries.”

“Right-O boss coming over.”

Sitting on the ground Urist let Adster work his magic, watching him pull the sword out clean and fast before applying pressure on the wound. Mumbling under his breath, light shined over the wound. With it, intense pain filled Urist as he dealt with the painful process by biting into a wooden branch covered in cloth. 

After Adster finished his work, Volt recovered and was now kneeling in front of Urist.

“My King, I Volt the magic swordsman pledge myself as a vassal under you until I draw my last breath. May you use my blade to slay your enemies.”

Standing in front of the kneeling Volt, Urist had a somber expression plastered on his face. “Before I accept you as my vessel Volt I have to ask you. Is it possible for me to break your oath to make you a free man allowing you to grow stronger once again?”

In response Volt's body began to tremble as his voice became hoarse. “You would do that my king? Are you not worried I could betray you?”

Seeing the old dwarf shake Urist bent down and put his hand on Volt's shoulder. “Raise your head Volt.”

As instructed Volt did so.

“I don’t know about your old king, but putting shackles on someone as powerful as you is a mistake. And I would be a fool to keep you from growing more powerful. We live in troubled times and in the future, we’ll need all we can get. And if I am to be as you say a king, then I must trust in my generals to deal with war. So will you fight for our home Volt?”

Tears started to pour from the old and gruff dwarf and his voice broke and crack, “If you will have me fight again to protect what I love I would be honored, my king!”

“Then I accept you as my vessel and my first order is that I allow you to renounce your oath. May you once again strive for the peak of the strongest!”

Part 3 - A woman’s choice

With the battle finished everyone outside the wall headed back inside. Urist smiled and waved at his people before retiring to his room, wishing to rest and not be disturbed. Closing the door behind him, the smile faded from his lips as his body color went pale as he was drenched in sweat.

He bit his lip to hold back his scream as he felt ants claw under his skin as waves of pain ebbed over his body. Falling to his knees he huddled into a ball using his sheer willpower to not scream his lungs out. 

I have to be strong, I can’t show weakness. Not now, I just have to tough it out for this ‘advance.’ If my body was strong enough I’d be able to handle the strain of Disable no problem. I wonder how past me could keep this going on for an hour with no problem. Feel like I’m going to rip the skin off my body. Give or take an hour, it'll start to fade and within six it’ll be gone. I just can’t see anyone for at least five hours.

Having made up his mind, Urist began to crawl to his bed when he heard a knock at the door. Freezing mid crawl thoughts began to race through the mind. 

What do I do? Who is it? Uria? Adster to check up on my wounds? Someone else?

“Hey, Urist it’s me, Ubel. I wanted to talk to you about the current experiments that Vlad is running on those Rats. Do you have time?”

“I’m… Currently resting right now can you come. B-back later?”

Trying his best to keep a level voice to blow off Ubel seemed to work for a moment before he snorted and pushed the door open. When Ubel saw Urist trembling on the ground he was about to call for a medic.

“Stop! Don’t. It’s not that s-serious.”

Ubel turned back to Urist with scorn, “Bullshit. Just look at yourself, you’re a wreck. No wonder you kept the fight short, using the power of berserk just to free Volt. If you keep using that power it’s going to destroy your body. I’ll be back soon, I bat the medics and have something to help you reduce the pain.”

“I didn’t use the power of b-berserk. I used magic from my past life and know that I’ll be fine in a bit give or take a few hours.”

“Oh, and what magic is this? You didn’t tell me you regained your memories.”

“Help me into b-bed and I’ll t-tell you.”

A sigh escapes Ubel as he helped Urist stand before walking over and putting him into bed.

“Now that you’re in bed tell me everything.”

“O-ok it goes like this…”

“So what you’re telling me is that you were a support hero exactly and that you took the support spell to disable meant for easing pain and weaponized it. Being bat shit crazy by changing your mana attunement to that of disable causing all your liquids and body touch to numb the target to the point of them not able to move the affected part.

“How did your past self not explode or be driven insane from attempting such magic? It sounds impossible to change your mana inside your body at will!”

After slowly drinking his cup of water Urist set it down and replied with a shrug that made him wince from the pain.

“As I said I only remember parts of the beginning of my life as the support hero. In fact, I seem to be missing important information about my life in college and to that point. I still wonder how I and Rhea died with how well we planned our forces in the beginning. 

“Each night I just remember a little more of my past and I am amazed how much I changed to what little I remembered before. In contrast to my weak and spineless self; I seemed to be confident, in control, and at ease. What had changed in that bridge known as college?”

“Who knows Urist, but who is this Rhea you speak of? The way you word it, it sounds like she lives here. But if memory serves me right no one has that name.”

Hearing the question Urist felt conflicted in whether to answer or not. Afterall it was somewhat personal to him and Uria that didn’t need to be said. Still, not answering him would be rude to do with how he is supporting him.

“I’m not sure I should tell you this Ubel since me and her are still working out our history together. But I’m pretty sure you can guess who she is. I’d just ask you to give me time as we figure out where we stand.”

“Oh. I see... Understood I’ll drop that matter as of now. My curiosity is slated for now, after you are in better condition I’ll come see you and discuss the… Rat plans.”

Exiting the room Uria and her handler entered the room. By now Urist felt good enough not to shake but his skin was still pale, fortunately, Uria’s voice rang out.

“Thank you for your help, I can handle the rest of the way.”

“As you wish, mistress.”

With that Ubel and the other dwarf closed the door and left Uria and Urist alone. Gritting his teeth Urist made an effort to try and get out of his bed.

“Lay down and rest dummy. I can’t believe you used that magic when your body isn’t strong enough to handle it.”

“Did you?”

Uria shook her head, “No, I didn’t hear it from the doorway. I’ve regained my memories from the crystal. Although I remember your last name, my love for your first name escapes me Urist.”

Hearing Uria calling him her lover made the pain for instant shut off and made him blush furiously. “That’s fine, did you recall your name?”

“Yes, I know without a doubt I was called Rhea. But…”

“But?”

“I wonder if I should keep it? It’s just that I don’t know how to feel taking my old name when you can’t remember your own, my love. No. I won’t in fact. Until we can remember your name from henceforth I will be known as Uria. Now keep talking so I may reach the bed.”

Holding back a chuckle at how serious Uria looked he began talking to Uria under the pain and kept going until it faded away. With her by his side, it seemed not that big of a deal.

Primal Stone Event timer activated 4 Days 12 Hours 34 Min 

Mount Puff Event timer activated 18 Days 12 Hours 34 Min 

Treasure Hunt Event timer activated 32 Days 12 Hours 34 Min 

Weapon Fall Event timer activated 46 Days 12 Hours 34 Min 

Demons Descent timer activated 60 Days 12 Hours 34 Min 

Points: 11,421 

Edited by: Ayame

4