Scene 9: The Last Letter
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 9: The Last Letter

(JACOB’s study)

 

(RALATHOR’s narration starts at the end of JACOB’s final line)

 

RALATHOR: You know Elizabeth, after all these years sending you letters, you’ve come to remind me of someone I knew a long time ago. You even have the same name. I know how crazy it is to say that. She would have died hundreds of years ago, but it's nice, you know? Having someone who at least feels familiar after being alone for so long. I just wish that I could have finished all of this nonsense earlier, gotten to go back home, watched as she grew into a woman. That’s the hardest part about being cursed like we are Elizabeth. There are no happy ending for us. We don’t get to go home at the end of the day. We’ll fight as long as the gods give us strength, and when we die, we hope we aren’t forgotten.

 

And I guess, that is the heart of this letter Elizabeth. Once you finish reading this one, you won’t be getting any more. This time tomorrow I will be gone, and then the work will fall to you. Don’t worry, everything’s already been put into place. Just follow your heart, and the strands will lead you. Now the Monster Slayer won’t make its way to you immediately. It only comes to those of us who need it, but when the time comes it will be there. Just remember the words I taught you, and when you pull that trigger do not be afraid.

 

Before I go, there’s one last thing I need you to do for me. This one is important. I know how badly you’ve been fighting with Jacob, trying to get him to not any more jobs with Mephistopheles, but you must let him take this one. This is vital to everything we’ve been working toward Elizabeth. After he does this job, you can have him stop, but he has to go to the graveyard tomorrow. Once he has finished with the job, I’ll also need you to keep an eye on him, not that you haven’t been, but once he comes back, he’s going to be a different man. I need you to keep him on the right path, understand? You’re the only thing good in his life right now, and I believe you’re strong enough to help him. 

 

Thank you for everything, Elizabeth. Now the gunslinger name lives on with you.

(The lights shift slowly into the next scene, with ELIZABETH being the last thing highlighted before they end in a BLACKOUT) 

0