Chapter 1
193 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for any formatting issues, I'm on Mobile.


This entire chapter is pretty much info spam to set up for the chapters. There will be more information next chapter as well, just not nearly as much.

Chapter Start

~POV ???~

A young girl was running. Running from the very loud footsteps coming from further down the straight but long corridor. She seemed to have been doing this for a while, as her breathing was getting rough. She and whatever was chasing her were both moving fast, though the girl can't tell who is moving faster, she hopes it's her.

After a few more moments of running, she comes across the staircase out of this place and immediately starts sprinting towards it. You see, she has been stuck in this rather dreary place for roughly three years. She finally obtained the item that will allow her to escape this hell, and now freedom is at her grasp.

However, this is one of the young girls possible futures, certainly not the one she's guaranteed to get. So let us start at the beginning. The beginning of a tale that certainly won't fade anytime soon. This is the story of a young girl who remembered more about her past than she wished, and the journey she will go through.

This is the journey of Neve Mitternacht, and she has no clue what she's getting into. Though who am I kidding, neither do we.

================================

~POV MC~

My head hurts. Not a strange thing, I've had plenty of headaches before. Especially when I just wake up. Just not quite to this scale. Feels like that one time I got out of a surgery for my ear and everything involving my head hurt. Besides my ears, those were the one thing that didn't hurt after the surgery. Strange. Anyhow, I'm rambling. I need to stop rambling. Let's take stock.

'What the fuck happened?'(???)

Anyways, the pains are starting to recede and honestly, I feel like I'm about to panic. I don't recognise the ceiling. Which is strange considering the last thing I remember is falling asleep in my room. I try to think back to what could have possibly caused this, but it just makes the still receding headache worse. It feels like the memories are there, I just hit my head into whatever mental walls are blocking them.

Anyways, the ceiling, and the rest of the room I suppose, looks like the inside of a brick dungeon. There's a staircase leading up in a far corner and two doors leading out. It's rather dim lighting wise, however I can still see just fine. There seems to be something laying in the corner opposite of the staircase, but I can't tell what it is while lying down on my stomach like this.

As I start to stand up, I notice something off about my body. I feel shorter than I was and my hair seems longer. I also don't seem to be seeing colors correctly at the moment because my hair, body, and clothing all look pure white. I'll need to look into this in a bit, as being colorblind would suck. Huh, there's what seems to be a letter underneath me. 

The seal on the letter is wax and is a very vibrant red and has a dragon on it. Oh, this is written in some fancy cursive. That's annoying, I wonder if I'll ever be able to write this well. Probably not, I have horrible handwriting. Anyhow, guess I'll figure out what this thing says.

"Honestly though, who needs such a red seal?"(???)

===============================

             To the reader of this letter,

    I know you're on the brink of panicking, but please finish reading this letter before breaking down. You are no longer in your homeworld, and it would likely be difficult to ever go back(not impossible however). You see, I accidentally managed to kill you while you were walking down the street. 

    As I killed you, I decided to mess with the cycle of reincarnation a bit so you could have a nice life, however that has obviously gone wrong. You see, you were never meant to regain your memories, just live a happy life. However, the family you were born to didn't exactly treat you nicely. You were horribly abused even by this world's standards, considering this world is akin to a medieval swords and magic world, absolutely not what I aimed for.

    At some point (which I won't elaborate on as you'll eventually remember) they decided to throw you in the world's largest magical dungeon in an attempt to get rid of you. That's where you are now. The trauma from this caused you to lose this life's memories and regain your old one's memories. Not all too rare though. 

    I'm not normally nice enough to give people my blessing. Hell, I only reincarnated you myself because the guardian of your world was pissed at me for killing you. However, your current family has pissed me off by doing this to someone with my blessing. As such I shall strengthen it to spite them.

     You'll have what they call in your original world a "System" so to speak. It'll allow you to view your own status at any time and do many more things that you gotta figure out on your own. It can, however, speak to you and it has Its own free will. I created it using a strong fox spirit who I sealed away for attempting to kill me. Don't worry, she won't hurt you. She loves protecting children and is very upset about what your family did to you. Hell, she only attacked me out of a misunderstanding.

    Anyways, you'll eventually regain this life's memories so I won't tell you much, however, your name is Neve Mitternacht, the crown princess of both the Faeries and the Dragons. Don't let this get to your head however, as you are currently weak. So get strong. Aim for the 40th and final main floor, get the letter held by the creature this dungeon was made to hold, and get out. That should be your objective for now. Don't make me regret this.

           -Signed, God of Space and Time, Platz

  p.s. Also, if you get strong enough, you'll be able to traverse to different worlds and timelines freely. Similar to a certain annoying vampire.

  p.p.s. You're also in a different body now, you're not colorblind just stupid (you acknowledged the seal on this thing was red after all), so take time and get used to it before running around too much. (Did you seriously not notice your voice had changed?)

  p.p.p.s. If compared to the rest of your race, you're still very much considered a kid. You're roughly equivalent to a 12 year old.

================================

"Well fuck my life… What the fuck, my voice did change!"(Neve)

I'm moderately embarrassed I didn't notice it earlier when I spoke. And based on the fact that the letter referred to me by 'princess', I don't think my voice is the only thing that's changed. At least I don't have to worry about certain issues for a while though, that's a plus. Downside is I'm small, very small. 

I'm going to avoid even thinking about my previous life too much as I feel like that'll be a very slippery slope straight into sadness. All I'll say for now was that I was a male and I was about to turn 18. I don't even know how I died, but considering it's the god of space time that did it, there's plenty of ways that could've happened.

I'm gonna have a quick mental breakdown in 3…2…1… Now!

Anyhow I'm joking, for now, and it's time to move on, the letter said something about a system with a fox spirit at it's base?

"Testing Testing, are you there System?"

[Yes, would you like me to tell you about myself Neve?]

"First, yes please! Second, can I perhaps talk to you without speaking aloud? This is moderately embarrassing?"(Neve)

[You're not quite powerful enough to do that yet. You'll be able to in the future though.]

"Well fuck, this is gonna be embarrassing quickly"(Neve)

[Probably, anyways, onto my active functions. In my current form, I have three functions. They are [Self Status] which allows you to view your own status as if it were a video game, [Inventory] which allows you to hold any amount of items up to a certain weight limit, and [Dimensional Shop] which is as it sounds.]

"Oooh, those sound pretty neat. A few questions though"(Neve)

[Go right on ahead, I'll gladly answer them for you.] 

"First of all, do you have a name, Second Question: What's the limits on the inventory,

Third Question: Why am I not freaking out,

And Final Question: how do I unlock more functions"(Neve)

[I'll answer them in order, Yuki, however you can call whatever you want, think of Skyrim's inventory system, hold infinite items but there's a weight limit before it starts affecting you, reality probably hasn't hit you yet, try sleeping, and by getting more powerful, as it auto updates at certain strength milestones]

"Oh, thank you. Nice name by the way"(Neve)

[Why thank you Neve, I'd recommend that you seriously take a break to process everything though. You should be safe in this room for all intents and purposes.]

"I'll do just that."(Neve)

Chapter End

Writing is difficult. This chapter was the info drop chapter so this (hopefully) won't need to happen as much again. 

As for Neve not freaking out, reality just hasn't quite hit her yet. The start of the next chapter is when she manages to calm herself down enough to ask a few more questions.

3