Chapter 11
60 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Start

I woke up and followed my usual morning routine before leaving My Room to practice my claws and breath weapon a bit more through actual combat. I hunted down a handful of the low and mid ranking enemies and generally had a lot of fun. 

I followed the same schedule for the next two days before resting the third one due to eye pain. I figured it was due to my Mystic Eyes finally developing, but I still don't like the constant pain. It was painful. When I woke up the next morning, and the pain was gone, I was very grateful. Not being able to do anything due to a lack of sight was extremely boring. The Gacha felt very spiteful as well, as it gave me a frickin silver hand mirror the day I couldn't see!

Anyways, when I could see again, I looked at my reflection in the hand mirror, my eyes were no longer both pale blue. My left eye is still the same pale blue it was, while my right eye turned to a vibrant purple. Though they both seem to gain a slight glow when I lose control of my emotions. Kinda like my breath attack, just without the death.

My eyes, as it turns out, have gained some pretty neat features. They improved my sight, when glancing at an object I can get a vague idea of how much something is worth, and If I focus on an object for a few seconds, I can get more specific information like what it can do, how to activate it, and even how much magic is flowing through it. Yuki thinks there's more, but that's all we've found so far.

That led me to run around the dungeon floor to see its limits. Apparently the walls themselves are either shielded from appraisal based magics or are inherently non magical, as my eyes are just telling me they're stone walls. I can also see information about my enemies, though very vague information such as how they compare to me strength wise and if they have any diseases. 

The following day, to ignore the still growing pain on my upper and lower back, I decided to go down to the sixth floor to hunt as floor 5 remains mostly clear due to me making constant hunting runs, which has the side effect of me gaining a lot of points. 

I fought multiple enemies without even a scratch due to a mix of using my rapier, claws, throwing my daggers, and my breath attack. However when I decided to go back up to the 5th floor, something strong was standing in my way.

When I used my eyes on it, it appeared to be much stronger than me, to the point where it was almost suicide to face front on without any tricks. It was a huge, white colored hydra. It was 16ft long and had 9 heads with very long necks. It looked very scary, and I either had to fight it, or continue down the dungeon. Both of which are dangerous ideas. Luckily it hasn't noticed me yet, so I do have a chance to get away.

So that leads us to where we are now.

With me preparing to slay a Hydra.

---------------------------------------------------------

[This is such a stupid idea]

I'm currently in my room, coating my rapier in my most potent poisons and putting my best poisons and multiple Alchemist's Fires on easy to retrieve places so that I can use them in the fight.

"I agree, but I still need to do this to see how far I've come."(Neve)

I started crafting Alchemist's Fires recently, and I am very glad I did. Because if this Hydra is anything like the Hydras from legends in my previous world, I'll need them to stop the heads from regenerating. I'll test to see if the heads do regenerate, but if they do, I'll start burning their stumps from where I cut them off with my claws.

[I know, that doesn't make me any happier about this]

And with the preparations complete, I leave my room to fight the Hydra.

---------------------------------------------------------

I slowly sneak towards the resting Hydra, with it not noticing me. 15ft, 10ft, 5ft, it's body is now in range. I swiftly apply another dose of poison to my left claw and stab it's body with my rapier, landing a blow right between its scales, dealing loads of damage. Immediately after, I slash towards it's nearest head with my claw, slightly leaving a few small cuts that heal almost immediately.

After my attack, while the Hydra is still overcoming the shock of being attacked, I take a swift step back while taking a slash at its neck again, while throwing an Alchemist's Fire at the place I'm attacking. I land a solid enough slash with my claws to decapitate it, immediately cauterising the wound with the fire.

It retaliates with a lot of force. Four of the remaining heads open their mouths and launch beams of cold directly at me, while the remaining four take bites at me. 

I immediately jump out of the way for all the beams, just barely dodging all but one which barely hits the side of my arm. I manage to sidestep one head biting at me, jump over another, before getting hit by the last two. The first one misses but its teeth scratch my left arm into an absolutely bloody mess. Deep scratches and gashes, oozing more warm blood by the second. The second does the same but damages my right leg instead.

Pain, this is very painful. I'm able to remain conscious, but it hurts to the high heavens. I immediately retaliate with my left claw, and rapier immediately.

The stab with the rapier lands a solid blow against it, causing it to roar out in pain as the claw manages to remove a few scales off of it causing it to roar even louder.

All heads but one decide to take advantage of my position to try to blast me with cold, with the one that got my leg being the only one attempting to bite.

I manage to take a step to the side, using the biting head to protect me from all but one of the blasts of cold, with the last one hitting my right shoulder, causing it to partially freeze.

As I'm on my last leg, I immediately throw more Alchemist's Fire at it, followed by me taking multiple steps back. I managed to land all vials of it directly onto the hydra, dealing a load of damage to it. 

However, it isn't enough, as its wounds begin to visibly heal. All the wounds not caused or damaged by the fire start to heal quickly. It's still close to death, but given a few more back and forths and it'll be healed completely.

It looks like it's in pain, but it grins at me. Despite being a step inside death's door, right alongside me, it's still looking down on me! That angers me. I've beat the ever living crap out of it, and it's still looking down on me!

Each head opens their mouth and points them towards me before all firing their breaths at me one final time. I can't dodge, I can't run, and I have no way out. I… guess this is it, huh? Looks like I'll be turned into a draconic popsicle.

So many things I wanted to do…

I'm really going to die this early on…?

Screw that! I refuse to die so soon! Not again, not yet! I refuse to go down! 

I quickly balance myself and look towards the hydra with a vicious glare that's made much more intimidating by my bloody limbs. My eyes gain a slight glow, my pupils slit like a reptile's, and my claws sharpen even more. Pure white scales slowly crawl up the side of my arms until they reach my elbow, and a four small scales take the shape of an X right below my left eye.

As this is my all or nothing shot, I take a deep breath in, and let out my own roaring breath attack. A cone of pure black mist pushes forward, eroding the stone walls and floors of the corridor. It pushes back their wall of cold blue breath as the magic that holds them together is destabilized at an extreme rate. The wall of cold stands no chance as the decay gets closer to the hydra, nothing able to stop it.

The cold is pushed back more and more, inch by inch, foot by foot as the 8 heads of the hydra are gradually getting overwhelmed by the darkness. After a few moments, they're no longer able to maintain their breaths, leaving the Hydra defenseless against the onslaught of death and decay. 

All the Hydra's heads start to scream in pain as it can feel the life and magic drain from its body. As it feels its organs start to fail, and its remaining vitality wither away. In a span of a mere moment, its cries give out, and in the span of a moment more, so does its life.

I stop using my breath attack and take deep breath in and start breathing heavily due to overuse of my breath. My eyes amd claws return to normal, while the extra scales painlessly retract. I nearly fall over due to my messed up leg, only staying upright by using my rapier as a crutch. I slowly walk towards the wall to use as a support, before moving towards the body, only not crying in pain due to the adrenaline dulling the still excruciating pain.

I take the one head I cut off and store it into my inventory to turn into nice equipment later. It's heavy, it's not quite heavy enough to completely cap my carrying capacity. I sell off the rest of the body to the system for a lot of points. I decide to return to my room before doing anything else, as in my current state I would hardly be able to fight an Almiraj, much less any enemy on this floor. 

As soon as I'm in, I break down crying due to the immense pain I'm in. I still manage to clean and bandage the wounds, as I don't want to get any infections. It took me ten minutes to finally stop crying and start talking to Yuki.

"Hey *sniffle* Yuki, do you *sniffle* think will I be able to actually *sniffle* beat the dungeon?"(Neve) I say, holding back my tears.

[You'll be fine, you made it out of this fight didn't you? You survived! That enemy was much stronger than you, yet you still survived!]

"But I *sniffle* barely survived this *sniffle* fight, what happens if I *sniffle* end up in a similar situation *sniffle* again?"(Neve)

[You'll be stronger next time, you'll be more prepared. You've barely been at this for very long, yet you managed to beat a Hydra alone! 

That was a monster that usually takes a party of well trained mercenaries to beat, and you did it solo! So have confidence in yourself Neve! Don't feel down just because you were nearly killed, feel proud that you beat a monster that even most strong mercs struggle with!]

That… that does make me feel better about this situation. While I still am not happy with how this turned out, Yuki is right, just as she's always been, I can feel proud about this. I survived and that's all that matters!

"Thanks *sniffle* Yuki, I really needed that. That made me feel much *sniffle* better."(Neve) By the end of my sentence, I was smiling instead of crying.

[Your welcome, now go to sleep my little dragon, you need to rest now. Have a good sleep.]

"Goodnight Yuki."(Neve)

[Goodnight Neve.]

Chapter End

Heyo! Finished writing a fight against a Cryohydra! No, any sort of Hydra shouldn't normally spawn on floor 6, but I'll (hopefully) explain why it did later.

Yuki only won because 

1) It was caught off guard at the start

2) it was Arrogant because it was fighting against what looked to be human

3) It was poisoned to all hell as Yuki applied a different poison to each of her fingers

The Cryohydra wouldn't have realised that she's the True Dragon Princess due to the fact that a Hydra is classified as a Magical Beast with the cold subtype, not a Draconic type enemy.

Dragons won't attack her due to her position as the True Dragon Princess unless they're quite literally going mad with hunger, not even unintelligent dragons will. Hell, most would obey her commands unless. Same with the Fae due to her being the True Faerie Princess.

That brings up the question of why did the guards and other kids in her memories beat the shit out of her then? Easy, she wasn't supposed to awaken either title until she was an adult, but due to being thrown into the dungeon awoke to them early.

The mental damage of almost dying will have a long term effect on her, assuming I can write it satisfactorily. All Yuki did was somewhat mitigate the damage.

2