Speed Of A Mutated Cheetah
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Frank knew the type of danger they were in, with the type of speed the cheetah had showcased he knew their chance of getting out of here alive was very low.

Despite seeing one of their comrades get turned into a blood meal, the soldiers tried to keep their composure.

"Grenade!!" Devon screamed.

Sergeant Glik pulled out a grenade and was about to uncork it when he got pushed back with great force. He hadn't even seen the cheetah move none of them had seen it move but it had knocked the Sergeant back like it knew what it was about to do.

"Come on Frank we have to get out here." Christiana was really starting to freak out.

"Yeah man, if that thing kills all of them it will come for us," Carl said.

Despite everything they had just the teenager didn't move as he kept his gaze on the scene playing out in front of him.

Sergeant Glik felt a rush of wind on his face as he tried to get up from the floor and then he saw a large shadow cast over him, he didn't look up because he already knew what it was.

"Oh no, you don't," Roger said as he aimed for the beast's legs with his pistol, and just when the beast was about to bite down on his sergeant he released the shot.

The shot hit the beast right on target, Roger expected the cheetah to drop on the floor unable to no longer move but the beast immediately turned towards him, and with his gun still extended towards it the beast knew who had shot it.

It ran towards Lieutenant Roger but this time it wasn't as fast as it was as it appeared to be limping.

"Aim for the legs!" Roger screamed as he drew back while releasing multiple shots on the beast.

Maybe one of its legs was no longer working but that didn't mean the beast wasn't still faster than the other beasts they had faced.

Frank was watching everything waiting for the right time to intervene but that wasn't the only thing he was waiting for.

[ Speed points: 30/50 ]

'Common just a little more.' He thought.

The cheetah's advance had been slowed as it was concentrating on avoiding the bullets for now.

"There's no way we can beat that thing," Devon said to Roger as they kept pushing back.

"There's no way we can outrun it either," Roger said. "Just keep shooting."

At some point the cheetah got irritated by everything, it raised its head and let out a very loud growl. They thought it was calling for backup but it wasn't, this was something much worse.

Immediately after that growl the cheetah stopped moving, the soldiers thought it was about to fall from the effects of all the bullets it had received so far but they were wrong as blue light suddenly surrounded the cheetah's body.

"What is that?" David asked with his mouth wide open.

"Come on Frank, let's go now," Christiana said, pulling him on his arm.

"You know if you really want to leave you don't need me to do that," Frank said, still paying attention to the scene which had grown more intense.

Christiana found his words really rude and felt like she had been a fool all this while.

"Fine." She said as she turned and started to walk away. "Call me when you're in hell."

"Are you coming, Carl?" She asked as she kept walking.

"C'mon dude we've gotta get out of here," Carl said as he was struggling to make a decision, he really needed to get out of here but he couldn't leave his best friend behind.

"Fire!!" Roger ordered.

Before any of the trio could pull the trigger the cheetah had already zoomed toward them and with the swipe of its paws, it had knocked all of them back.

Roger was a distance away from his pistol which had been knocked away from him but as he pushed himself on the floor to get it the cheetah turned towards him with a fierce gaze.

'Common.' Frank thought.

[ Speed points: 35/50 ]

Roger knew that he was in grave danger as he was the cheetah's next target, his pistol was still near his easy reach, and getting to it before the cheetah would get to him would be impossible.

"Oh no." Roger gasped immediately as the cheetah sped off.

'I'll just use you like that.'

[ Superspeed activated ]

[ +20 points added to Dexterity ]

[ Dexterity: 9(+20) ]

Roger covered his face to accept his fate, he was sure nothing could save him this time but before the beast could get a bite on him he heard a gunshot just close to him and after that, the beast slumped dead on his body.

"What just happened?" Roger was confused, then he felt something move below the huge animal.

"That was really close." Frank groaned as he pulled the beast to the side to roll out.

"Frank?" Roger was beyond shocked and amazed.

Frank had been able to kill the beast with one shot because he had gotten in a really good position to get a shot on a vital part of its body.

He had timed everything waiting for his speed points to get to a considerate amount, immediately the beast had sped off running towards Roger he quickly activated his superspeed at the same time.

No doubt the beast was faster than him and would easily beat him in a race but he didn't need to be faster than it as he slid under it from behind and delivered the shot on its heart before it could tear Roger down.

"This boy, you're a lifesaver!!" Roger said as he quickly grabbed Frank.

"What?" Devon groaned as he tried to get up.

David let out dry coughs as he got up from the floor and the sergeant Glik who had almost gotten killed could be seen staggering towards them.

After trying to convince Frank to go with him, Carl decided to start walking back to see if he would follow him but he never did and he just kept moving, following Christiana from behind.

At some point, Christiana decided to look back and now she was surprised by what he was seeing, Frank was no longer in the position they left him and was now standing with the soldiers and as for the cheetah, she could no longer see it because she was a great distance away from them.

"What happened?" 

"What do you mean?" Carl asked as he turned to see what she was talking about and he was also met with the same confusion and shock.

******

Hope you enjoyed the chapter?

Please drop a comment of what you think about the chapter and a review would really be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

0