Chapter 1: I Hate Wuxia!
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            -Deep Outside Of Space And Time-

                               [...Booting Up...]

                                   [Complete]

               [Searching For Purest Fragment]

                                [...Searching...]

                                [...Searching...]

                                [...Searching...]

                                   [Complete]

                           [Initiating Transfer]

                                    [..0.01%..]

                                    [..0.02%..]

                     - Meanwhile, On Earth-

"Fucking Idiots! How Dare These Needle Dicked, Nut Brained, Single Celled Failures Of Sentient Life Compare Madoka To Mahou Shoujo Site!" A fat sweaty Otaku Screams At His Computer Monitor.

Annoyed he begins writing a response. His messy brown hair jiggles and the the fat on his arms wiggles. "Freakin idiots." How could they do Madoka so dirty. I mean, Mahou site is just another edgy cringefest that thinks abusive characters and molesty perverts makes the mc and braindead story deep. Lazy writing I say. 

As he continues to argue the system fully awakens. It has only one thing to say. The fuck?

[... Congratulations Host. You Have Been Selected To Promote Earth Culture In A Wuxian World.]

Suddenly the fat man goes silent. The system in response, just repeats itself. Annoyed the fat man speaks. "Yup, this has to be a hallucination. Did I forget to take my heart meds today? Why else would I be isekai'd to a Wuxia world." I would rather bing watch friends with double the laugh track than do that. Rick Bryers, someone who would willingly watch euphoria and read metamorphosis, with taste so shit he watches the most generic Isekai unironically, and someone who would rate school days a 10 out of 10 purely because of the ending does in fact have taste.

He despises Wuxia novels because they're all the damn same. Sociopathic Mc with the maturity of a child. Check. Nonsensical power system with names so dumb that just hearing them can cause a brain aneurysm. Check. Inconsistent world building. Check.

Normally he'd be fine with this. He does watch stuff like "March to the parallel rhapsody" after all. Unfortunately, these stories tend to be a confusing mess of mish-mashed ideas either made by a bored white dude desperate to hop on the Wuxia craze that didn't properly study the culture behind these novels or a Chinese man with the governments dick so far up his ass that it pierced through his mouth. Korean novels tend to also have the same issues.

And so without hesitation he says, "No thanks sir." He'd like to cuss but one thing he's learned is to never mess with systems. These things can alter time and space with power on par with god himself. Unfortunately the system doesn't want to hear it.

                         [Initiating Transfer]

Suddenly the room begins to warp. The brick walls turn to wood as all his posters vanish. "....Please?"

                           [...Transferring...]

The room begins to expand. Wooden stairs , wooden display cases, and a wood counter sprout from the ground. "Please! I'd rather get transfered to Junji Ito's Tomi than do this!"

                           [...Transferring...]

Finally Rick finds himself inside a small empty store.".....Oh well. At least I'll have the system to help me out."

                                 [Complete] 

Silently Rick wanders the store. "What happened to all my posters?" The system stays silent. Ignoring this Rick goes upstairs. There he finds a small hallway with two bedrooms, one connected to a closet and bathroom. The toilet and shower work the same as modern day. "Thank God."

He goes back down stairs. On the far right on the back wall is a small closet filled with various cleaning tools. Modern stuff like Clorox is mixed with small cups of lemon juice. After a while he moves upstairs. He looks at himself in the mirror before speaking.

"Hey system I'm sorry but if possible could you allow me to change my body. Something like character creation in games."

Rick just wants to look like a native. By no means is he trying to turn his fat ass into a bombshell. The system, of course, does as asked. A small screen with a virtual copy of him appears. The customization options are so wide that Rick can even decide the size of his mighty mushroom.

After an hour he decides on what he wants to look like. In front of him is a 6 ft 4 inch tanned Asian man with a slender frame. His shoulder length straight hair, just like his eyes, is a deep black. His body is lined with well defined muscles. After making sure his manhood and cake are properly sized he hits confirm.

Things go dark for a second before Rick's body changes. Looking at himself in the mirror he smiles. "Thank you system!" He salutes to the sky, completely ignoring his lack of clothes. After a few seconds of posing he moves to the closet and grabs what looks like a black robe with matching pants . "Hey system what's this?"

[Master This Is A Basic Hanfu. It Is A Common Clothing For Chinese Nobility. If Master Whishes To Complete The Outfit Set In The Cabinet Next To The Bed Master Will Find A Gold Plated Phoenix Hairpin And A Simple Silk Waist Wrap.]

Rick listens to the system and puts them on. It also recommends a special pair of shoes but he decides to wear wooden sandals instead. "So when's the first quest system?" The system responds almost immediately.

         [Offering First Quest-(Starting Wares)]

   •Starting Wares-Host Must Search Through System And Select What Snacks, Movies, Shows, And Recreational Wares To Sell.

   • (Host Must Note That Both Good And Bad Wares Must Be Selected And That Certain Wares Require Other Wares To Already Be Selected Or Present In Shop.)  

                           [Accept/Decline]

"Accept." Suddenly screens fill Rick's vision. Looking at the seemingly endless list he sighs. And so for the next few days he decides what to sell. Thankfully, the system gave him food or water while he was looking. Finally, after a week he finishes. Rick decides to set the stores focus on anime and games with music and live action tv being only a minor portion of customer selections.

For anime he chooses several magical girl anime since that was the requirement to sell Madoka. The system justified this by saying that since "Madoka Magica" is a deconstruction of the magical girl genre it would only work to sell with other magical girl anime. He also had to add the original "Gundam" if he wants to sell "Gurren Lagan." For manga he mostly added works published by "Shonen Jump". Of course he made sure to add his favorites like "To Your Eternity" and "It's My Life" by Imomushi Narita.

For music he added classic rock like "The Beatles" and "The Foo Fighters". Of course he had to add works by "Mozart" and "Chopin". For live action he chose "House MD" and "Supernatural" with a few others. For food he just choose general snacks like soda and chips. Finally for games, behind the counter a display shelf with various consoles appears.

                      [Is The Host Finished?]

Before responding he looks at the list again. "Yup yup." Suddenly bookshelves sprout from the walls. The area expands as small two sided stands form five rows of various DVD's and records. Anime themed posters shoot from the ceiling and wrap the walls. The counter expands as snacks begin to sprout on it. Behind the counter a small freezer explodes from the floor.

                 [Transformation Complete]

[Please Note That While Within The Shop Host Will Be Protected By The System The Host Will Receive No Direct Protection From The System Outside It.]

[It Is Recommended That Host Collects Quest Reward After Several Sales]

"What's the reward?"

                  [A Complete Inheritance]

"I guess I'll wait." And so without bothering to go outside and look around he begins to read. He grabs a collectors edition of bleach's first volume and reads. Before he can enjoy himself the system decides to dump some bad news.

[Host Please Note That All Consumable Goods Must Be Payed for, Even By The Host. Host Will Receive 25% Of All Earnings Every Week As Payment. As Host Is Within The First Month The Host Will Be Given An Allowance Of 10,000 Gold And 100 Low Level Spirit Stones.]

......I guess I can wait to fill up on cheesy chips. Looking at the chips Rick Resist the urge to just up and snatch some. And so for another hour things stay calm. Finally the first customer walks in. 

Ring Ring Ring

"Excuse me sir but what do you sell here. I see strange art on the walls outside called anime and I can't fathom what it is." Suddenly Rick's mind goes blank. Inside his store is the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. She has long black hair tied into a bun and held with a flame tinted dragon hairpin. She's wearing a loose fitting black and white Hanfu. Unlike him, she's wearing black hide shoes.

"I see you are quit the weak willed one. Tell me does gazing upon my beauty truly stun you? Will it still stun you after I tell you that I am a pure blood male. Yes, male."

.....that's even better!

                       - 2 Hours Earlier-

A tranquil garden. A perfect picture where the beauty of nature blesses it's viewers. The small pond in it's center shines, a pair of koi circle around each other. Cranberry bushes line the pond, a bench in front of it. On that bench is a fairy like beauty. Her slender hips and gentle face temp her guardsmen. Even so, they face away.

"There you are brother!"

Suddenly a well chiseled man runs to the woman and hugs her. His arms are as this as tree trunks and his hands are stronger than a bears. Just like his brother he wears a black and white Hanfu. Unlike his brother, he wears an ankle length skirt for the bottom. The brother just sigh's before hugging her back. Seeing the sibling get along so well the guardsmen smile. 

The feminine looking man is named Lin Yan and the masculine looking woman is named Xiao Yan. They are twins, each blessed with a ying yang body. Though their cultivation is smooth they despise their physique. Lin Yan wishes to be seen as a man. He want to have thick muscles, but he never will. His sister wishes to be slender. To be beautiful. Unfortunately, anybody who sees her always assumes her to be man.

They despise themselves. Even so, they still live happily. Not many know their suffering. Their constitution is so rare only 100 people like them exist in this world. They will never meet them but that's fine. They have each other and that's enough.

Xio Yan let's go and looks to the sky. Seeing his sister suddenly so serious her brother sighs. "Brother I meet a nice young man. I wish to test him. Will you be willing to visit him and go walk with me." Once again she believes herself to have found a suitable man.

Ling Yan rests his head in his hand. Why is sister so desperate for another's love. Is it not enough that we see each other not as tranny's. "Alright." And so they walk. They exit the center courtyard and move into the manor. They pass several servents. 

Walking out the front door they see a vast field full of inner sect disciples. Small thatch huts line the horizon and paddy fields fill the hill. "Good Evening Sect Masters!" They scream while bowing.

Ignoring their sect members they walk further down the hill. The closer they get to outer sect the more extravagant the homes. While the inner sect disciples live a self sufficient life where they have full access to the twins knowledge the outer sect is raised by the sect various teachers. They are raised to a level suitable for the inner court or until they are suitable to become an instructor.

While the outer sect disciples may seem spoiled compared to their inner sect brother's it's really the opposite. Disciples must follow a strict schedule and must meet certain cultivation level quotas. They are taught to be loyal to the sect and those that don't pass their yearly review are kicked out. When kicked out the sect makes sure to leave them on a positive note.

Too many times have the other great sects been attacked by a disgruntled former member who reached a point were they could rival the sect leader. As such the twin's sect practices equal opportunity training. They're relatively small compared to their cohorts. Even so, that's fine as the quality of their disciples makes up for the quantity.

Soon enough the twins exit the sect. Behind them passes a sight marked "Children Of Heavenly Balance". They walk further into the horizon. They're steps are slow but their speed is fast. In minutes they find themselves in Xiangu City, the capital of the Phoenix Dynasty. Xio Yan guides her brother to a small rice cake cart.

A young man in his early 20s screams to the crowd. His hair is messy and his clothes are old. Clearly he's lower class, even so he's happy. A bright shine fills his blue eyes. Suddenly he stops. Walking to him is his favorite customer. She's weird and somewhat gross but he tolerates her. Next to her is a shining fairy.

The gorilla like woman tries to get his attention but he ignores her. Instead, he smiles and waves at the fairy. Seeing this Lin sighs. Xio looks down. Tears glimmer down her eyes. Lin gives his sister a hug and guides her away. 

After a moment of silence Xio speaks. "I try so hard brother. I realize that I can't rely on my body yet no matter how pleasant my personality is, no man sees me as they do you." Lin doesn't respond, instead grabbing her hand and guiding her to walk with him.

And so they wander across town. Things go fine until they encounter a strange new shop. It's two stories tall with large glass windows on the first floor. Strange drawings cover the inside of the building. Together they read the sign. "Otherworld Experience?" And so they hesitantaly walk in.

Are Wuxia Novels Bad?
  • So Bad! Death Be To All Harem Protags! Votes: 6 100.0%
  • So Good! Praise Be The Cool Beauty Harem! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6
3