Chapter-5: Preparation
65 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

John and Athena are currently looking for the people who help them in the mines. Preferably the people who could take the mining job in the mines.

They have found some people in the town who are looking for a job. There are more unemployed people in this town than they thought. So naturally many people wanted the job.

Athena and John purchased more people using less money in their budget. They didn't look for quality. Quality over quantity is not good in jobs that require strength like mining.

After that, they set themselves up to travel towards the mines. So they called their henchman to collect some supplies which included food, sleepwear, and other basic needs.

Athena took John away from the workers and began to explain her plans to him, eagerly waiting for his suggestion. She follows the practice of taking advice before she could do anything.

"There are a lot of people unemployed at this time. Say, John do you think we should purchase these people. We get more people at lesser prices. " She asked his suggestion

"Even if they don't have talents and aren't suited for battles they can do the heavy lifting and labor work. We need laborers in our arsenal " Athena said curiously.

"I don't think just purchasing them will do anything. We should put them under observation. We can't predict how they will behave in our absence, they could steal something valuable or they can stab us when we aren't aware of the backstabbing. " John told her

"They still need to prove their loyalty and  we should understand their motivations," John told her

They understand that they need to take caution if they want to implement people they don't have a clear idea on. They have decided to observe them and know their motivations before they can add them.

And after a long discussion within themselves, they have decided to leave.

They kept a world map with them when they decided to travel. They have looked at the town map and found mines nearby.

"Everyone, our next destination is Bargo mines. Prepare for the travel " She commanded in an authoritative manner befitting her role as a commander.

"Be prepared to face some monsters along the way. Be vigilant during our journey and make sure you are prepared for them. " Athena told everyone.

<Traveling>

The guards were prepared with weapons and proper armor to fight monsters. Athena and John were also prepared.

They take their weapons and are prepared to depart. They are traveling through a cart that is running with the help of two horses. And they are very focused on their surroundings.

The surroundings were filled with green grass and some trees. There is no doubt a surprise attack might be possible from how the terrain is.

John is partly vigilant and he is feeling the pressure of what is to come. And the subconscious part of him is excited at the thought of demonstrating his skills.

Now you might be confused about why he is like that. His rational mind and common sense are telling him it could be dangerous while the ambitious part of him wanted to test his skills in a pressure situation. No matter how confident he is in his skills, a little part of him is cautious of the foes who might be stronger than him. He has healthy self-awareness levels but he still needs to improve himself to work under pressure.

  The mc is a normal human but at the same time he wanted to prove his worth and make a name for himself and he wanted to achieve something using his own strength. John may not be the strongest man around but he is the most focused and resilient man who will train and train to improve himself. That is the trait that differentiates him from the rest of the pack.

After traveling for a long period of time they had stopped at a lake to refresh and re-energize themselves. They are humans and require some breaks after a long journey.

So they formed a tent and distributed food to everyone.

"I didn't know traveling 50 km is that hard compared to what I initially thought. Perhaps I learned a new thing. Still, I am frustrated that I am unable to fulfill the goals I have set. " Athena spoke bluntly without care.

Athena is bold enough to declare her emotions and her feelings in front of a group of strangers. It's expected from an inexperienced leader like herself. So it takes time for her to become a proper leader.

"Athena, you have done what you can. It's time for you to replenish your lost energy. " John told her.

Athena understood what John wanted to tell her. She feels cringed by his over-compassionate behavior but she believes that he is the best man for motivating her. She likes his support. Athena wants some recognition for her work. She wants to be recognized for her skills.

They both have eaten food they had in supplies while filling 3/4 portions of their bellies. Taking excess food in their stomach while traveling is not a good option. They rested for a while to give some time for their stomach to digest food properly.

"Ready for traveling " Athena asked john

"Yes," John replied with a lazy expression on his face.

But before they could continue a couple of monsters came out from the bushes. Ten goblins came out from the bushes

"Give me all of your money " The goblins took their army by surprise. The goblins looked very eagerly for money and they had huge grins on their faces.

John wondered why they didn't attack while they were eating as it was the best opportunity for them to attack. He knows about the goblin monsters but surely even they won't attack someone who has huge guards and henchmen by their side. Maybe it is one of the nobles who wished for Athena's demise.

Goblins use knives and sharp weapons to slash through their victims. They are very greedy about money and they are cunning and a dishonorable race.

" Goblin thieves. Low-class warriors who steal from the peasants who can't protect themselves. Even you aren't stupid enough to attack such a large sum of people. I guess I have overestimated your intelligence " Athena sighed. She felt something off with this, the goblins can't be that stupid.

The goblin's confident smile is telling her something is off. And they have planned something sinistrious.

3