Chapter 4: Intetsu Hachiman Part 4/end/
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a simple-looking two-floor house with all of the windows blocked with shutters. The house itself looked like that one could usually happen to be the residence of a simple middle-class family. And four years ago, it was. After leaving behind his escorts, Hachiman walked towards the house's entrance.

Maybe things would be a bit different if I found my skill earlier, no! it wouldn't change a thing. Reaching the door's knob, a usual line of thought appeared in Hachiman's head like a timed alarm.

Pushing open the entrance door, a spacious corridor connected to various rooms appeared in front of Hachiman. Calmly swapping his shoes with comfortable slippers, he walked into the dining room.

The dining room was clean and quiet, with no noise except the moving sound of the maid robot going in between the table and kitchen, preparing the plates at the usual time.

Placing the still warm box of piroshki on the desk, Hachiman took out a special drink from his vault placed it beside the box, and hid his rings before shouting towards the stairs.

"Sister, I bought food and drinks. Come down!"

A moment later, Hachiman began to hear a faint sound of footsteps walking down the stair. It was a thin and sick-looking woman with hunched back.

"Hachiman, you have arrived. You.....should....told me....*cough* phone."

The woman tried to talk naturally but ended up being unable to finish her sentence due to being unable to breathe properly from her weak body.

Her name is Intetsu Kanamori, Hachiman's big sister. Kanamori had long haggard grey hair with no gloss or luster, and large slightly weeping eyes that were now sunken back to her eyesocket from malnourishment. She had a straight bridge nose and small, thin lips with almost no color.

Due to her having almost no fat or muscle, she looked like some human skin placed over a skeleton. Hachiman could easily see her various bones protruding out from her white skin stretching out like a plastic bag. And despite her wrenched and broken appearance, she was actually only 22 years old.

It was hard to keep looking straight at her without pulling away from one's eyes due to her uncanny appearance. But Hachiman did it without any problem without showing any sign of disgust or fear.

And he did it for a reason.

"Hello, big sister~~. I bought your favorite piroshki with beef and potato filling."

Standing up from a chair, Hachiman tried to take the twig-like arms of her big sister with a cute jolly tone and presented her favorite food. The moment he touches her, he felt his big sister's body begin to shake like she was under a snowstorm.

"Ooh, nice! No wonder It smells delicious. Heh, ~~ looks like room temp*cough*got bit low."

Kanamori tried her best to play off her shivering, but there was no help. But her brother continues to follow her bad play. It was symptoms of a serious case of anthropophobia she has.

"It's okay big sis, I got your drink right here, and it chilled."

Hachiman said while giving a gentle pull to her big sister's arms asking her to take a seat before pulling his hand away. He didn't want her to feel any more uncomfortable. But at least it was far better than before.

He clearly remembers how she couldn't even breathe under his sight, let alone let him touch her skin. It was not always this way in the past.

His sister Intetsu Kanamori was quite a different person than her current self. She was beautiful, healthy, strong, and a bit arrogant, but there was no help since it was something bound to happen to a natural-born genius like her who blessed mind and body that can do anything.

She was a bit loner, but she was a very family person. But then it all happened five years ago when he returns from a class trip. He was greeted with an empty house followed by a sudden call from the police that they found his big sister on the ground of a kid's playground in the middle of her own puddle of blood.

Later he found out from his neighbor and police report that in the morning their parents suddenly became like completely different before deciding to leave them for no reason. No matter how much her sister pleaded and cried.

First, their mother just disappeared without a trace, followed by their father running away. At that time, her big sister was able to catch up to him and tried to let him stay. A moment when her sister woke up from the coma, his past self tried to ask what happen to her mother and father without realizing at that moment she has already developed anthropophobia due to heavy trauma.

In the next few months, his sister's body became weaker and weaker as doctors found her body got crippled from the fight with her father. But despite her wounds already healed, the doctors and healers couldn't find a reason behind the rapid deterioration of her health. Eventually, her sister decided to stop its useless treatments through the phone before it take all they have left.

Later, thought news they found out their parents became famous awakened in South Korea and China under a different persona. At that moment, they understand they were no longer their parents but some monster that wearing their already dead skin after killing them.

But it was something already too late, while those monsters become top awakened of their respective places. Her sister was stuck in their old house due to her weak body and trauma while himself just awakened his skill and trying to earn some money to make it work.

But that doesn't mean he has forgotten it, he just decided to put it aside for more important things like his sister's both mental and physical health getting deteriorated even more due to the constant swarm of people who wanted to dig the story about their 'dead parents'.

"Hnn~~, I never get enough of this crispy feeling."

Kanamori said while taking a small bite from her piroshki. After two or three bites later, she reached her can of specially prepared drinks taking a few sips. Meanwhile, Hachiman also eats his own while occasionally taking glances at her sister taking notes of her intake.

Upon a quick glance at their quiet meal, one would think bad about the relationship between the siblings. But in reality, both Hachiman and Kanamori were just people with very few words for their close ones. And even if one tries to start some conversation, he or she will immediately hit a roadblock as both of them know what their life is like and how they spend a day. Making pointless to speak of a thing that both of them know of.

"Thanks for the meal."

Just like that, they ended their silent yet harmonious meal. Feeling full after consuming three piroshki, Hachiman saw his sister Kanamori putting down a single half eater piroshki on the plate after letting out a small burp. It was at least two more bites than the last.

"Big sis, should I put your leftover in a refrigerator ?"

"Hachi, you don't need to trouble yourself. I can at least do that much. Now go! your girls are waiting."

"Okay, big sister. Bye, don't forget to finish your drink."

Just like a little boy leaving for a new semester Hachiman left through the door before going back to his grumpy face the moment he passed the gate.

He felt angry again after seeing the appearance of his sister and remembering the faces of those bastards living their life like it's nothing.

"Oh, hi young master!"

"Do you want me to put your rings back ~~"

"Yes, now give me documents of those sons of bitches selling drugs on my territory!"

While going through the documents, Hachiman found very familiar faces of people.

"Jun Yoshiyuki and Yoneda Chieko?"

"Ahahaha, is that boss's bully ?"

"Sure, sure and that is her boyfriend!"

Seems like his stress relief found its way.

0