Chapter 14 : Side-Effect
437 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now now, Ms. Mason, calm down, did you forget what magic I specialize in?" Olivia stepped in front of Celine, trying to calm down her anger, with a helpless and apologetic expression on her face..

"Huh?" Celine fiercely stared at Olivia, her expression was contorted due to anger, she still looked beautiful but in Celine's eyes, it looked no different from being looked at by an angry lioness.

Olivia was frightened, as a powerful Saint-Rank champion who possessed enough power to wipe out an entire nation with a simple gesture of her hand, it has been a while since she felt fear, she wouldn't be this afraid in front of another Saint-Rank or even a Legendary-Rank champion, but Celine's reputation as [The Berserk Devil Angel] was something not be taken lightly, especially concerning her mood.

There had been many stories and hearsay of all the things she had done in the past to get that sort of reputation, the story of her personally castrating a king of a small kingdom in front of a large crowd was only the tip of the iceberg.

No one had ever seen or even heard of such a violent and foul-mouthed angel in their lives, not even in the history books, if it weren't for the fact that she had a halo on the top of her head, people would've thought that she came from the violent dragon race or the beastmen race.

Angels were not just known for their extreme magical senses, they were also known as one of the kindest, the most gentle and the most peace-loving race among the myriad of races that exist in the Fallen Star World, an outlier like Celine was really rare.

Don't be fooled into thinking that angels are weak and passive just because the angel race had those sweet sounding titles, kindness is not synonymous to weakness, if the angels could be easily taken advantage against because of their peace loving nature then they wouldn't have become one of the 8 major races in the first place

The dwarves who used to be one of the major races, learned that the hard way. From the 9 major races to becoming the 8 major races, the responsibility lies mostly because of the angels.

[The Grand Archangel Demi-God] Luna Crossriver, was one the reasons why no one would dare underestimate the angel race. If no World-Class champions interfered, then she is basically omniscient and all-knowing, if she wanted information about a certain person, she would receive that no matter how much resistance the other side put up.

If the magical senses of Legendary-Ranked angels could already rival that of any other Mystic-Rank champions of other races, then what about an angel who becomes a Mystic-Rank?

Achieved Omniscience in the mortal world!

Of course, this was not absolute omniscience, there are certain various limitations.

But it could not be denied of the fact that the magical senses of a Mystic-Rank angel could cover the entire world and even the magical senses of the other race's Mystic-Ranks could not block or stop it.

Only the dragons could keep them in check, similarly the angels could keep the dragons in check.

Since angels had a peace loving nature, there was no need to worry about them and because of the union between a Mystic-Rank from the human race and a Legendary-Rank champion from the angel race, the relationship between the two races was harmonious.

Because the natures and temperaments between the angel race and the dragon race were the exact opposite of each other, these two races hated each other to the bone, well pretty much every race in the Fallen Star World dislikes the dragon race, no matter if its among the major race or among the minor race.

The only reason they weren't hunted down to extinction because they were too strong to annihilate.

No one ever doubted that if every other race were to work together, they could achieve just that but the price that they had to pay would be too much to handle and besides that, the dragon race also had their own demi-gods but these demi-gods are not included in the 20 known Mystic-Ranks since the dragon race had a different way to get stronger, a power system completely different from the other races.

Olivia couldn't stop herself from shivering, Elvina never saw her teacher like this before, even when she met the Emperor, she was calm and composed, Celine's fearsome reputation was that strong.

Olivia tried to calm herself down, she was still shaking but she managed to get her words out of her mouth.

"Ms. Mason, I apologize for my student's negligence, allow me to assist in repairing your garden and the area around your home"

She didn't wait for Celine to reply, she was already sweating heavily from looking at her, she turned around, mana gathered in her palms.

Olivia chanted spells of nature magic and earth magic, the craters around suddenly disappeared, the vines and roots that Elvina created with her magic got sucked into the ground, the broken and burnt trees and plants got restored to perfect condition.

She even did more than restoration, she even added some things to make the area look even more beautiful that it previously was.

Everything was fixed and the garden and the area looked a lot nicer than before.

"Fuck! You bitch, who gave you permission to do that?" Celine said, she cracked her knuckles and slowly walked towards Olivia menacingly, she was so angry that her face turned red and a throbbing vein appeared on the side of her forehead.

"What?" Olivia quickly turned her head when she heard Celine's cursed at her.

"I don't understand, I fixed everything and even made it better, why are you angry?" Olivia said, her face had black lines on it and she slowly backed away, she finally knew that the rumors of Celine having the temper similar to that of an active bomb was true.

"I promised myself to not use magic when looking after my yard and you just broke it, now you're gonna get it bitch" Celine said angrily.

'What?!? That's it? This woman is really unreasonable' Olivia shouted in her mind.

"Hey, don't talk to my master like that, even if you're my friend's mother" Elvina couldn't take it anymore and stepped in between her teacher and Revlo's mother.

Though her body was shaking, her eyes were resolute.

"Mom, stop it, they already apologized, there is no reason to take things further" Revlo interrupted because the atmosphere that was once friendly somehow turned heavy.

"Plus, this is mostly my fault since I accepted the duel and didn't suggest to change the location even though I knew how hard you worked in taking care of our yard, for that I'm sorry" Revlo said while bowing towards his own mother, his expression was sincere, his emotionless gimmick was no longer to be seen.

Hearing her son's words, Celine mostly calmed down, now that she thought about it, the student and teacher duo were mostly not at fault.

Elvina was only 10 and couldn't think much for others yet and also she thought that no matter how messed up the place becomes because of her duel, it wouldn't matter since his teacher could just fix everything up.

But what eased her anger the most was that Revlo calling her 'Mom', its not like this was not the first time he called her that but it was the first time he said that with emotion and sincerity, as a result, it melted her heart.

She suddenly felt a warm feeling in her right hand, she looked at the side and saw her husband holding it firmly.

"Please calm down and don't make a scene, Revlo is right, they already apologized, there is no need to take things too far" Vorne smiled, trying to appease his wife.

Celine took a heavy breaths and glanced at the teacher-student duo one more time.

"Alright, I'll let this go, I guess I got too emotional" she said and walked away.

Hearing this, Olivia sighed in relief.

'I was wondering how on earth does sir hero and Revlo live with that ticking time bomb of an angel but their leash on her is much tighter than I thought'

She had some rude thoughts in her mind but she would never in a million years outwardly say it, even if she was alone in a room.

Revlo saw that Elvina and Olivia were sweating pretty heavily, their clothes were soaked, the fear they had was this intense towards his mother, then what about for normal people?

'Is my mom the equivalent to a demon king in their eyes or something?' He thought.

"Continuous Wind Breeze" Revlo chanted, he wanted to help them cool off since it was mostly his fault that they got into this mess in the first place.

The duo felt cool winds covering them, they looked around and saw it was Revlo, he was manipulating mana continuously and casted wind magic on them.

"You guys are probably thirsty from all that sweating, come in for some water" Revlo said.

"Thank you very much, I'm so thirsty, I could literally drink an entire lake" Elvina said.

"Wait" Elvina and Olivia suddenly thought of something.

"Come in, as in the house that [The Lightning Demi-God] lives in?" Elvina said while her eyes sparkled.

Likewise to how she feared Celine because of her notorious reputation, she admired and idolized Revlo's father, she looked no different from a fangirl meeting her idol for the first time.

Olivia was no exception either and so did the Imperial guards standing behind the Emperor.

The only exception was the Headmaster who was a generation older than Vorne and the Emperor himself who was Vorne's former companion and a champion of the same generation.

Olivia and the rest were a generation after Vorne had already been hailed as a hero, so it was a no-brainer that they would idolize and revere him.

His story was known to a lot of people and parents even read them as bedtime hero stories for their children.

Olivia and the rest were confused on how such a person tied the knot to a woman like Celine but they would never have the guts to point it out nor ask Vorne about it.

"The living quarters of a living hero" Olivia said excitedly like a little girl, she temporarily and unintentionally removed her mask of a respectable adult.

After she said that, she realized what she did and coughed sternly and tried to think of something to restore some face.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Revlo" she amiably said in a mature tone.

When Vorne saw their expressions, he smiled dryly at this and pretended to have never seen it.

Revlo found this to be hilarious and smiled a bit, he held his little sister's hand and all of them entered the house.

*yawn* Revlo yawned the moment he stepped into the door.

"Are you sleepy already?" Elvina asked while she turned her head to look at Revlo.

Revlo nodded and said.

"I'm gonna go to my room, I'm dead tired" Revlo said while he headed upstairs.

"Oh then, good night" Elvina said.

"He's sleeping again? this kid.. I swear he sleeps way more than a Koala does" Vorne muttered.

He was already sleepy before he even dueled with Elvina, its just that he suppressed it for a bit.

This was the side-effects of his 'Soul Nourishing Scripture', everytime he used this technique, it would induce sleepiness, he could suppress this with magic but doing so would bring backlash when using the 'Soul Nourishing Scripture' in the future.

That was why his parent thinks that he is so lazy, he spends most of his day sleeping and doing nothing else.

It wasn't until that Revlo told them that he was a reincarnated person that they finally knew the reason why he sleeps so much.

They asked why was he so eager to strengthen his soul so much and he just told them some stuff he made up since he can't really say that he needs it to fight off his curse that made him suffer for 15000 plus years.

He also taught them this technique as well, he also planned to teach this technique to his little sister too when she gets older since she needs to focus on forming her own magic core.

He crashed down unto his bed, maybe because he just had a duel with Elvina, he felt that he was much more exhausted than ever before, he closed his eyes and darkness took over his vision.

The sounds of people talking downstairs got softer and got harder to hear until the noise got blocked off and it turned inaudible.

14