Vol. 2 Chapter 4 : True Power of a Master
314 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The alpha wolf continued to stare at Revlo, an anonymous human child who just mysteriously appeared out of nowhere and even managed to avoid its senses.

 It couldn't even pick up a hint of magical aura from him, which means that Revlo's level couldn't be gauged at all, normally one would think that Revlo was just a regular human who doesn't know anything about magic.

But the alpha wolf knew from the calm demeanor that Revlo displayed and the elusive air that the latter gave off made the entire situation seem abnormal.

Its instincts were telling it that the human that had just suddenly appeared was anything but a regular human.

Well, in reality, Revlo nearly exhausted his mana reserves, setting up that magic array was not an easy task, especially in such a chaotic situation.

He wanted to have a good first impression in front of the bear and save it, since traveling with a master-rank horned bear would make his journey much smoother and this particular bear piqued his interest.

"Do you want to live?" 

Revlo said as he looked at the horned in the eyes, the bear itself was over 3 meters tall, so Revlo had no choice but to raise his head.

The horned bear that was on the brink of collapse was stunned by this development, monsters who managed to reach expert-rank gain some form of intelligence, especially at the master rank, even though it could not understand Revlo's words, the horned bear could at least grasp the meaning of Relvo's intentions.

Seeing the numerous bloodwolf corpses all over the ground, then glancing at the injured alpha of the bloodwolves and noticing that itself was unharmed from that large scale attack, it knew Revlo came to save it, even though it was suspicious of the reason why Revlo came to save its life, its will and desire to live was stronger than ever before especially at the brink of death.

What Revlo was doing was giving the bear a little light when they have reached the verge of despair in darkness.

It only hesitated for a second until it let out a weak growl in affirmation.

"Good, from this day forward, I am now your master, accept the rite of subordination" Revlo said.

With the last bit of mana that he had, a small white magic circle appeared on his palm, he then placed that same palm on the horned bear's stomach, where its magic core was located.

Feeling Revlo's magic, the horned didn't resist and nodded, then closed its eyes.

Images of chains binding the horned bear's soul and magic core appeared in its mind.

From then on, this horned bear was now Revlo's tamed monster! The only way to break these chains is for the master to cancel the magic himself or if the tamed monster perished.

Revlo nodded in satisfaction, even though he felt a wave of mental fatigue from having his mana completely drained, this didn't ruin his joyful mood at all.

But this didn't fix the fact that the horned bear was still suffering from excessive bleeding as its life force was slowly draining out of its body.

The horned bear looked at its new tiny master with a scrutinizing gaze, the moment that Revlo finish casting his taming magic, it momentarily revealed his rank, the bear was surprised, its new master was only at the Novice-Rank!

Despair returned to its eyes once more, even though it didn't know how Revlo managed to pull off the task of killing all those bloodwolves with his pitiful strength or even managing the feat of avoiding its senses, it lost faith the moment Revlo revealed his low rank.

"What's with those eyes? at least put some trust in your new master a bit" 

Revlo knew what the horned bear was thinking, but he didn't care about that He put his left hand into his dimensional side bag and pulled out a small green marble with a black cross.

This was a magic marble that contained a magic spell inside, breaking it will result in the spell being casted, the marble in Revlo's hands contained a healing spell since he was out of mana, and he had no choice but to use this marble.

The healing spell engraved into this particular marble contained his mother's light healing magic, as a legendary-ranked light magic user, regrowth of lost limbs and bringing people back from the brink of death was nothing special for her, it could even get rid of any toxin if poisoned, replace blood if the victim lost too much blood and can even cure any diseases and illnesses this was a miracle item with the sole limitation that it was unable to bring people back to life.

Even though it could not revive people back from the dead, this item was still something that most people would never come across, it could even be sold for a whopping one hundred million gold if it was auctioned.

This was an amount that a small kingdom could not even gather and something that normal people could not even fathom.

Firstly, there are not that many legendary-rank champions out there that would do this kind of thing, with their strength, they won't lack any form of wealth. Secondly, crafting a marble that is durable enough to contain the spell of a legendary rank is hard to come by. Lastly, legendary-rank champions would only provide such miraculous items to the people close to them, a family member, an important clansman, etc.

The very same item that numerous champions would go crazy for was in Revlo's hands and was going to use it on a tamed monster.

An item like this was so valuable that it was already enough to become the most valued heirloom to the various kingdoms and clans.

If people were to see what Revlo was doing, they would spit blood out of their mouths from disbelief and call Revlo a wastrel.

A sword made out of Fantarium.

A dimensional bag that contained a storage space of over a hundred thousand cubic meters.

Magic marbles that contain the spells of his parents, a legendary rank, and a mystic rank.

Revlo was literally a walking treasure trove, even the top organizations of the southern continent and possibly the whole world would also covet his items.

Revlo held the green marble in his hands and threw it to the ground, the marble shattered and a white light suddenly enveloped the horned bear.

The bear was startled by this but found out that it wasn't harmed and calmed down.

Suddenly its missing arm grew back at a speed visible to the naked eye, smoke came out of its body, its injuries were slowly healing, even though its fur was still covered in blood, after the light disappeared, its missing limb returned and any injuries it had previously were now healed.

"Better right?" Revlo said, the edges of his lips were curving a bit upwards.

The horned bear let out a surprised growl, it felt pure bliss, the feeling of being pulled out from the pit of death was something to be elated about.

It then looked at its new master in a new light, even though they've just met, the horned bear's loyalty and gratitude towards Revlo were now unshakable.

Seeing this development, the bloodwolf who was watching all of this was flabbergasted.

When it saw that Revlo was just a mere novice-rank, anger surged into its eyes and was planning to attack him but after seeing that he just healed the horned bear, which was previously in a condition that was no different from a walking corpse, the bloodwolf retreated.

It was angry that its entire pack was wiped out, sure. But it was smart enough to know that it was no match for the master-rank horned bear. After seeing its angry and murderous glare, it didn't even hesitate to run.

Seeing the alpha bloodwolf's retreating figure, the horned bear got on all fours and dashed towards its enemy.

With the bear's speed, it didn't even take 5 seconds for it to catch up to the retreating wolf and slammed its stubby paws towards it, this attack was strengthened with its magic power.

The instincts of the bloodwolf were triggered when the bear started chasing him and by the time the bear initiated its attack, the bloodwolf was defenseless.

The bear slammed its paws downwards on the bloodwolf's body.

*Boom*

Loud explosions could be heard as the ground shook like a meteor just came crashing down.

The dust settled, a large crater with a size of at least half of an acre appeared, the surrounding trees were uprooted and in the middle of the crater, a puddle of blood and some guts that used to be the bloodwolf came into sight.

An expert-rank bloodwolf had been reduced into meat paste with one attack!

Unlike the previous attack that the horned bear delivered to the bloodwolf, it only suffered a scratch, that's because it was weakened from being heavily injured, as a result, it was unable to exert its true strength, now the true might of master-rank was displayed right before Revlo's eyes.

"The gap between the expert rank and the master rank is far wider than the gap between the novice and intermediate ranks" Revlo assessed.

It was also true that the power gap between the ranks gets larger and larger as the ranks themselves gets higher and higher.

If an intermediate rank champion wants to kill a novice rank champion, there is a 50% chance that the latter would survive but if a master-rank wanted an expert-rank dead unless the expert rank is a genius that possessed a combat ability that could enable him/herself to skip ranks, then it is almost a guarantee that the expert-rank would never get to live to see the next day.

In front of a master rank, an expert rank might as well be no different from a worm in their eyes.

After killing the bloodwolf, the horned bear just stood there and looked at the crater with a dazed expression, after being hunted by the pack of bloodwolves for a whole week, it felt a sense of satisfaction as its revenge was fulfilled.

Thinking of this, the gratitude and loyalty it had towards its new master increased even further, if it weren't for Revlo, the horned bear would've been the bloodwolf's dinner by now.

Being reminded of its new master, it jolted in realization that it left its master alone, it turned around and was thinking of going back.

The moment it rotated its body, Revlo was already there, just a few meters behind, it sighed in relief and bowed towards him, showing its loyalty.

Although the bloodwolf ran pretty far, Revlo already activated his physical enhancement magic beforehand, his speed was much slower compared to the two monsters but he managed to catch up to them, just because his mana is depleted doesn't mean the spells he already casted would just disappear.

Revlo could sense some monsters approaching towards them some distance away, they probably got attracted here because of the ruckus that the horned bear caused, the explosion was pretty loud after all, it probably woke up some sleeping monsters.

"Let's go, I had already set up a camp somewhere" 

Revlo commanded but after he said that, the physical enhancement that he casted on himself wore off.

So he rode his new tamed monster back to the camp and after changing into a new set of clothes, he went to sleep.

The stealth magic that he put up was still maintained, he created an invisible magic array just so that the magic would never wear off.

Nothing happened the rest of the night, it was already morning, Revlo continued his journey, this time he had a companion, he used the horned bear as a mount, its speed was much faster than Revlo, so his travel time got shortened and after a while, he could see a town just over in the horizon.

"Hmm, I should probably give you a name huh" 

Revlo said as he got off the horned bear, they were walking towards the town at a leisurely pace.

*Growl*

The horned bear growled like it just said "yes".

"Browny, your fur is brown so your name is Browny, like it?" Revlo said.

Browny nodded with a happy face, it looked like it was satisfied getting a name.

"Halt" 

They just arrived at the town entrance only to be stopped by the guards there.

Revlo looked at the guards with an indifferent gaze, they wore some leather armor while wielding iron spears, the moment when they saw Revlo approaching, they shouted to stop him.

They also saw a horned bear just right behind Revlo, seeing that it didn't attack Revlo nor rushed towards them, they already knew that the horned bear was a tamed monster and assumed Revlo was a monster tamer.

'One is a first-class intermediate-rank, the older one is a third-class expert-rank' Revlo judged.

'Hmm, they are probably too weak to sense Browny's rank'

If they knew how strong Browny was, they wouldn't have shouted 'halt' confidently and instead would shout something else.

They didn't make a commotion or a fuss that a master-ranked horned bear made an appearance, if they knew though, they would be on alert, in this town, the strongest inhabitant here is at least a master-rank champion.

"Identification" The older one of the guards said sternly with a serious face.

11