Vol. 2 Chapter 6 : Town Lord’s Visit
259 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==================================

Name : Revlo Mason (1001st life)

Age : 9 (15000+ years)

Race : Human

Magic Core Progress : Novice-Rank (S)

Strength : Novice-Rank (E)

Agility : Novice-Rank (C+)

Magic : Novice-Rank (S)

Spirit : Saint-Rank (F-) '''disguised''' '''Mystic (SSS+++)'''

===================================

Revlo looked at his status that is displayed by his system.

Nothing changed, the cause for this was obvious, he was neglecting his training.

It's not that Revlo was lazy or anything.

He didn't value his strength all that much because he'll die the moment he turns 15 and his status would get reset all over again.

It was a habit that culminated over thousands of years as he focused more on developing his soul as his main priority over anything else.

The reason he trained all the way to become a Novice-Rank in the first place was so that he could utilize the 'Soul Nourishing Scripture'.

Now that he hit a bottleneck in cultivating his soul, he was now beginning to consider training for real, well what he did with the 'Soul Nourishing Scripture' for the past 9 years could also be considered as training as he was strengthening his soul.

'Well I have nothing else to do anyway'

'Plus having a high combat prowess would bring more convenience'

He felt a bit frustrated by the fact that his mana reserves runs out so quickly, even though his spirit, which is the vessel to store mana is ranked at Mystic, the limitations that his magic core progress brought meant that he was restricted in storing a certain amount of mana.

It was like having a large swimming pool that could potentially store thousands of gallons of water but you could only pour in one cup worth of water in it, there was a large space left to fill up but somehow you couldn't.

Well to be fair, the mana reserves that he has is already twice that of other Novice-Ranked champions.

But Revlo was still not satisfied with this.

'Before I reach the academy, I have to at least reach Intermediate-Rank' Revlo swore to himself.

For the first time in hundreds of reincarnations, Revlo had finally started training for real!

Revlo then started doing some motions in the air, like he was writing something, after a while, a floating symbol started appearing, it glowed the color yellow, if anyone were to see this, their eyes would bulge and mouths would widen that a watermelon could fit in it.

"Rune of Silence"

There are three methods of casting magic, via chanting, via magic arrays or formations, and finally via runes.

In the Fallen Star World, runic magic is pretty much almost extinct, with only the ancient clans from the ancient times still using them, there are also others apart from the latter that still use runes but finding one is as rare as finding a genius with a spirit power that is ranked higher than their magic core rank.

The practice of utilizing runes is much more difficult than traditional chanting and as a result, the practice of runic magic had been abandoned and slowly died out throughout the years.

There was another name for runes, language magic, it was writing a symbol that represents a certain meaning, like say if the symbol meant 'freeze', you only need to channel mana into it and it will activate the magic and anything it touches will freeze.

Of course, there would be certain limitations, like how you can't cast spells that have an ice attribute if you don't train or specialize in the ice attribute yourself, even if you wrote a symbol that holds the meaning of 'freeze', the rune itself would just disappear or shatter.

For Revlo, whether using runes or chants, it didn't matter to him, in his eyes, the method to cast magic doesn't hold much significance other than in certain circumstances, the only reason he didn't show runic magic during his duel with Elvina is that the headmaster is actually a historian geek and was also a rune magic user, he didn't want to deal with the headmaster bombarding him with questions about where he learned runes and whatnot.

It may sound like there are not many differences between runes and the other methods of casting magic, but runes could be written on a solid surface, such as on the walls or the floors unlike chanting and they won't degrade over time, unlike magic arrays.

Another thing that makes runes different from chanting and magic arrays is that the magic cast will last as long as the runes do, with the condition that mana is being continuously channeled into the rune.

'Actually, chanting could also be classified as language magic, chanting use speech while runes use writing' Revlo thought.

After finishing with the first rune, his fingers moved again and wrote another symbol, this particular symbol looked a lot different from the first one.

"Barrier Rune"

With this, no one should be able to disturb Revlo in the meantime, no matter how much noise he causes, to the outside, his room would not leak out any sounds as long as the silence rune is activated and for extra insurance, he set up a barrier that surrounds the exterior of his room.

Meanwhile, at the town hall, a man in his thirties could be seen walking around in circles, he had an impatient expression on his face while tapping his chin repeatedly.

He had blonde hair and black eyes, he wore a black coat and wore an outfit that you would only see in nobles and there was also the flag of the Doni Kingdom patched unto his clothes.

Stewart Kiply, the town lord was waiting for a certain report to be delivered, a report that contains information about the Mason Clan member that somehow stumbled into this town.

He even ignored the report about a certain dungeon that appeared in the vicinity, to him, gaining the favor of this person was far more important, it was an opportunity to gain a powerful connection, if he could acquainted or even gain favor with this person, then becoming a viscount would no longer be a pipedream.

'If I play my cards right, then becoming an earl or a marquis might become possible'

His head was full of optimistic thoughts as he waited for a report to be delivered to him.

Not long after, he saw his secretary walking toward him with a file in hand.

"It's about time!" Despite his reprimanding words, he couldn't conceal the smile on his face as he read through its contents.

"Let's go" After reading through the information, he rode a horse while a group of knights followed behind, his destination was already obvious.

"The town lord"

"Why are there so many knights following him?"

"It couldn't be, did a dungeon outbreak happen, or is there a monster attack going on?"

"I don't think so, if that was the case, the knights that are patrolling here would've been sent out"

"Is an important person visiting here?"

People made speculations when they saw the gorgeous lineup of the town lord and a group of knights.

Revlo was still in his room, he crossed his legs and was in a lotus position.

If you listen closely, the sounds of his breathing seemed abnormal, like it was following some sort of fixed pattern.

'As expected, the Heavenly Breathing Technique also works here' Revlo said in his thoughts.

The heavenly breathing technique, Revlo learned this in a cultivation world, it was a technique that raises concentration and increases qi absorption and accumulation. It was a cultivation technique that can raise your strength.

Revlo was using this breathing technique as in substitution for absorbing qi, he used this on mana instead.

But the differences in the natures and properties between qi and mana make it so that the efficiency in mana absorption is only 10% of what it usually was.

However, Revlo calculated this to be the best and the most compatible method that he has in developing his magic core, the heavenly breathing technique is at least ranked top 5 of the cultivation techniques that he has in his arsenal but it was one of the only few that works in a magic world.

In a nutshell, it was a fraudulent way to raise his strength pretty quickly, just by maintaining a certain breathing pattern, he increases his rank just by breathing, if this training method were to be revealed to the entirety of the Fallen Star World, it would cause a massive uproar, even the superpowers from other continents would want this technique to themselves.

This makes it easier to develop his magic core, even though he was not that proficient in using this technique, compared to the traditional method that people used to raise their magic core rank, this technique was twice as fast in comparison, he also taught this to his parents and little sister, although their growth only sped up by a little bit because they were still new to this technique.

It would be beneficial to them in the long run, when they raise their proficiency in this technique with time.

It was already a given that magical energy absorption will also increase depending on proficiency.

Also with this breathing method, maintaining the breathing pattern reduces magical energy consumption by 10%.

This benefit alone already alleviates Revlo's problem somewhat with his excessive and extravagant mana usage.

With his high spirit power, he wouldn't face any bottlenecks when raising his magic core rank as most people would, and with the heavenly cultivation technique, his growth speed would be twice as fast compared to most people.

Revlo was pretty confident in achieving the Intermediate Rank by the time the entrance exam starts.

Revlo continued with his meditation, mana moved as he willed and continued to strengthen his magic core.

The town lord arrived in front of May's Inn, his arrival caused a commotion amongst the town's people, and started to murmur and whisper among themselves.

But Stewart didn't pay attention to any of that and told the knights to stay put and he went inside the establishment.

The two fairies who run the inn were startled at the appearance of Stewart, even though they haven't seen his face before, the aura that they felt from him was something that only could come from a noble, and also they heard the whispers of the customers that saw his face, so it was not that hard to figure out his identity.

"Excuse me but are you are this Inn's proprietor" 

Stewart asked the person behind the reception desk, the same person that called Revlo cute.

"Ah, I-I am, I mean yes I am this Inn's manager" She stammered, she was nervous.

After getting confirmation, Stewart said politely.

"I am looking for a certain someone, I heard that he rented a room here, I was wondering if you could help me find him"

"Excuse me for asking but could I ask the reason why you are looking for him?" she said.

"Don't worry, no one is in trouble, I just want to meet up with him that's all" Stewart said.

"In that case, can you tell me what he looks like?"

Since he already got the information beforehand, Stewart described Revlo's appearance to the inn's manager.

"The cute little customer? He is on the second floor, I don't think he went outside yet, I'll go ask him" she said and bowed.

"No worries, just tell him that I want to meet up, you just need to tell me if he agrees or not" Stewart said.

The inn's proprietor went to the second floor and walked in front of Revlo's room.

She immediately noticed something strange, there was a strange wall made of energy that blocked the doorway, she called out but didn't get a reply, the silence rune not only blocks noises from the inside but also on the outside, this was so that Revlo could maintain maximum concentration in utilizing the heavenly breathing technique and wouldn't get distracted.

She went back downstairs, only to see Stewart waiting patiently, she had some questions in her mind but didn't dare say them out loud.

"Who was this boy that could grab the attention of the town lord?"

She heard some rumors of Baron Stewart having a short fuse, impatient, and gets easily angered the moment you get on his nerves or make a mistake.

But here he was, smiling and being patient and whenever he talked about the boy, his tone was always respectful.

'Is he someone without a powerful background?' she guessed in her mind.

It was obvious at first glance that Revlo was not an ordinary kid, the look in his eyes didn't show any hint of childishness that most kids would have, when she remembered the moment she laid her eyes on him, she recalled the aura he gave off was strangely mature, domineering and cold, it felt like she was looking at a full-grown adult in a child's body, this discrepancy gave her plenty of confusion but didn't think too much of it initially.

'There is also the fact that he has a horned bear following him around'

Even though she wasn't sure how strong that horned bear was, she could guess that it was at least a Novice-Rank, she was also a champion albeit a low-ranked one but she could at least pick up a strong magical aura being emitted from that bear, a 9-year-old beast tamer that has a tamed beast that is at least at Novice-Rank is not something that you would see every day.

After all, no tamed monsters would submit to a beast tamer that is weaker than them, that is usually how it goes, which means a genius who entered the ranks of champions at 9 years old rented a room in her inn.

No wonder someone like the town lord was looking for him.

'Interesting'. she thought.

12