Vol. 2 Chapter 8 : Adventurer’s Guild
257 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence permeated the entire first floor of May's Inn.

The customers who were having breakfast kept their heads down and stayed silent as if they don't want to get involved.

They could vaguely guess that the boy standing there was not someone simple if even the most trusted knight of the Kiply Barony had to treat him with respect just right after Revlo didn't give its lord any.

Then some of them recalled a rumor that had been going around recently, that someone from the Mason Clan was currently in this town, at first they didn't believe it, a small town like this attracting a bigshot from a massive superpower, it was like seeing a world-famous celebrity visiting a small town in a third world country, the odds of people like that visiting this kind of place was minuscule.

But now, the event of the town lord's visit and the way that Revlo said those arrogant words, some of the more acute individuals could connect the dots, but of course, most couldn't, nevertheless, they avoided being close to Revlo, like he was some sort of plague.

Revlo sat down in an empty corner and ordered breakfast, even though he had food stocked up in his dimension pocket side bag, there was no reason to not eat the food here.

"Sir, what would you like" May, the innkeeper said, the way she spoke to Revlo completely changed, her flirty tone turned into a formal one, and instead of addressing him as a 'little cutie', she was now calling him 'sir'.

Revlo didn't correct her and ordered the most delicious-looking foods on the menu, May wrote something on a piece of paper, bowed, and gave the paper that contained Revlo's order to her daughter.

Revlo paid upfront, May hesitated for a while before timidly receiving the money.

The first floor of the inn was still silent even after minutes had passed, Revlo saw the uncomfortable looks of the other customers and left after he finished eating.

The sounds of exhaled breaths could be heard one after another, when Revlo left, the atmosphere returned to normal and the inn turned noisy again.

Revlo got Browny out of the monster stable and started walking around town.

He bought a map of the town from a souvenir shop and after locating the place that he wanted to go to, he rode on top of Browny, like he was using him as a mount, and walked to his destination.

In the town hall...

Stewart was sitting behind his desk and was busy writing some stuff on a document.

While a woman wearing formal clothing that only exposed little skin was standing beside him, holding some files and presenting them to the town lord, one by one.

*sigh "The dungeon raid failed? Even sending a party composed of a dozen expert ranks wasn't enough?" Stewart said in a frustrated tone.

"Yes sir, it was an unexpected situation, there were two boss monsters instead of one, if it weren't for that, the dungeon would have been raided by now" The secretary said.

"What's the damage report?"

"The loss was only minimal, only 5 were injured and a single death of an intermediate-rank"

"That's good that we didn't lose any expert-rank champions, but now even the leader of the Iron Maiden adventurer group, a master-ranked champion, Ironclaw, would have to intervene now which means that I have to increase the reward for the dungeon clear, ugh dammit" Stewart groaned.

He then heard a knock on the door.

From the magical aura that the town lord picked up, he already knew that the person knocking on the door was the knight that he left at the inn.

"Salvador, what are you doing here? Did the honored guest accept the invitation?"

The master-rank knight, Salvador, opened the door and knelt on one knee, and said.

"My apologies for being unable to fulfill my mission, instead I bring a message of the one from the Mason Clan"

Salvador then relayed Revlo's words to Stewart.

After hearing him speak, the town lord didn't get angry and was smiling instead, he didn't find it unreasonable that a kid that was not even 10 years old was treating him like a subordinate and thought it was natural, he looked at the time and it was still in the middle of the morning, he dismissed the kneeling knight and continued with the discussion that he had with his secretary earlier.

He made sure to set a reminder to head to May's Inn at 11.

Revlo rode Browny around the town's streets and saw many different races coexisting from the major races such as the elves, humans, angels, and beastmen and the minor races such as the gnomes, fairies, giants, sentient plants, pixies, phantoms, centaurs, harpies, etc. 

The majority of the population is made up of the major races it looked like the numbers of the minor races seemed lacking in comparison.

Well, seeing a large variety of races living and coexisting together is somewhat unique to the Southern Continent, however, it was a different story for the other 4 continents.

The Northern Continent is a human-centric continent that despises the other races, a continent composed of xenophobic inhabitants, this hatred originated from the fact that the humans used to be labeled a 'livestock race' unlike the humans of the Southern Continent who let go of these grudges.

In this continent, if you are not part of the human race, then there are usually only three options for you, either you are not treated well and suffer abuse, your whole race would be massacred and killed, or be enslaved.

The Eastern Continent is a sea-folk centric continent but not to the extent of the northern continent, other races could live there peacefully but it was a painful truth that the seafolks are the rulers of the eastern continent and the continent is mostly made up of 90% water and 10% land, in addition, the land nations there are all archipelagos composed of billions or possibly trillions of islands.

The Western Continent could be considered as a beastmen-centric continent, like the eastern continent, other races coexisted except for humans, there is also the fact that the western and northern continents are connected, unlike the other continents that are separated by large bodies of water.

The Northern and Western Continents are constantly at war, even to this day but the two powers made an agreement to not involve Saint-Ranks and above but most people could tell that the tensions between the two continents would not stop anytime soon.

The Holy Central Continent, in a way, is a lot similar to the Southern Continent, it has a holy empire that successfully and completely unified the entire continent unlike the Freedom Empire that only 'unified' the southern continent in name, due to the holy empire's influence, the entirety of the central continent is a religious continent, they mostly worship the 12 transcendents, the self-made gods while some worship the natural-born gods in the divine realm.

This was also the continent that gave birth to the [Almighty Celestial], the only World-Class champion present, which makes the central continent the most powerful continent out of all of the five.

It may seem like the southern and central continents looked like it was a much better place compared to the other three, but Revlo knew that things could not be simplified like that too easily, you cannot trust what is seen on paper unless you've experienced it yourself.

Revlo could see a caged female fairy deep in the alley of a street that he passed by, despite the empire's declaration that slavery should be illegal, this practice was still rampant in the dark parts of the continent and its underworld.

He didn't do anything to stop it, it was not his business, after all, he was not some hero that got sent here to save people so Revlo continued to stroll around without batting an eye at what he just saw, his sense of justice is almost non-existent, he wouldn't take action against this sort of stuff if it doesn't involve anyone that he knew personally.

After sauntering for some time, he finally arrived at his destination, he was greeted by a large three-story building that looked like it was made out of marble, there was a huge sign at the top of the establishment that somehow radiates a bizarre aura of dignity and pride.

This was the global guild, informally known as the adventurer's guild, a place that is considered a cornerstone in an isekai story, this was a guild whose influence spans across the entire mortal world and the 5 continents.

No one really knows how the people behind the guild managed to pull this off, but it cannot be denied that the influence that the adventurer's guild has already surpassed that of even the Freedom Empire.

What stood before Revlo right now, is the Turron Town's adventurer guild branch.

Revlo dismounted Browny and entered the establishment along with him, due to the sudden entry of a 3-meter horned bear, some people immediately glanced at the entrance.

Revlo ignored those stares and continued to walk forward, seemingly undisturbed.

There were adventurers everywhere donned with weapons and armor, some were either brave or stupid enough to not have any at all, seeing a 9-year-old child walking with a large bear was not something anyone could see every day, the pair immediately grabbed the attention of the majority of the people inside.

But most of them quickly lost interest after a quick glance and went back to mind their own business.

'The weakest here is at crystallization and the strongest is at expert-rank' Revlo thought as he looked around the place and the adventurers here.

This was only a small town in a small kingdom, so the overall level of the champions here could be considered low, even an expert-rank champion would be well respected.

The stronger people or the champions with higher ranks tend to migrate to a better place with stronger people.

Revlo walked towards the reception area, there were other receptionists as well but Revlo picked one that had the shortest line, there were several dozens of adventurers lining up as well.

There was a bare-chested adventurer in front of the line where Revlo was, Revlo quivered his brows in frustration at how long this was taking, Revlo looked around and saw that no one was lining up behind him, it was just him and this particular adventurer while a new set of people were queuing up in the other lines.

'It looks like this guy is pretty well-known here since no one is lining up behind him except for me' Revlo thought.

He could hear some people snickering at him, Revlo thought it was due to his young appearance that the adventurers here were scorning him, like making fun of him for being wet behind the ears.

But he could vaguely tell that it was due to the adventurer in front of him, Revlo patiently waited, he crossed his arms and rhythmically tapped his elbows.

"Why is the reward 300 silver less than it was written, can you not read? are you blind? LOOK!" 

The bare-chested adventurer asked in a frustrated voice, he was a wolf person, part of the beastmen race, he had white hair and brown eyes with wolf ears above his head.

He picked up a paper containing the mission that he had just finished, the promised reward was 1000 silver or 1 gold but he only got rewarded 700 silver which is why he was complaining.

"Sir, I am telling you for the umpteenth time, the condition of the troll's magic cores should at least be at pristine condition, or else the reward will be deducted, it says so right here" 

The receptionist said.

"What bullshit, those troll bastards are fucking tough, I am the only one here that accepted such an unreasonable mission, you need to be at least a super first-class expert-rank or a master-rank pull that shit off" 

The bare-chested adventurer complained.

"Killing them is not a big deal but it is impossible to expect to kill them without messing those bastards up pretty badly, they have their shitty insane regeneration abilities after all" He further added.

"Sir Kent, there is nothing I could do, you should've read the mission request properly before taking it up" 

At this, Kent slammed his fist at the table in anger, the desk is made out of cold iron and it was made to withstand a full-blown attack from an adult orc but just this one strike from Kent was already enough to leave a fist-sized dent on the area where his fist landed.

"Sir Kent, now you also have to pay for property damage" The receptionist said meekly.

"Ahh!" Kent clutched his head while screaming and made motions with his hands, threatening to pull out his wolf-like ears.

'Trolls should at least be at the intermediate rank but because of their high regeneration ability, you typically need to be at least an expert just to kill them' Revlo thought.

'This guy.. looks to be a first-class expert, he should be the strongest one here'

He already scanned the ranks of the various adventurers here and figured out that this Kent person has the highest rank, which is probably why no one bothered him even though he kept holding down the line and screamed like a maniac.

Just as it seemed like Kent was about to continue his complaints, he turned around and stormed out of the building, veins bulged on his forehead while his face was red due to anger, on the desk that he had just smashed, he left 500 silver, it was probably the payment for the damage he caused.

'Despite his infuriated state, he still left behind some money, despite his attitude, he was unexpectedly a nice guy' Revlo thought.

Just as he was about to move forward, a large adventurer adorned in armor suddenly cut Revlo off, taking his place at the line.

Witnessing this, Revlo narrowed his eyes while the large man completely ignored his existence but Revlo could feel the contempt emanating from this man.

12