Vol. 2 Chapter 13 : Revlo vs Troll
193 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Revlo looked at the mutilated corpse that the 3-meter tall troll was dragging around like a ragdoll.

The skull was smashed in so much that the face was almost unrecognizable and there were brain bits scattered all over.

It looked like the troll was toying with its prey even after death.

Revlo then shifted his gaze over to the troll, the latter was also looking at him, it was grinning from ear to ear that it spotted another prey to hunt down.

But then the troll's eyes turned to look at Browny that was standing behind Revlo, the playful grin that it had on its face disappeared as it could sense that Browny was not weak.

It then tossed away the corpse of the dead adventurer like some sort of trash as it gripped its club tightly and positioned itself in a battle stance.

"Rawwwwwreeekkk"

A combination of a roar and a terrifying shriek that would make one's ears bleed just from hearing it reached Revlo's ears.

It was its attempt to intimidate its opponent but unfortunately for the troll, Revlo and the others were unfazed.

It completely ignored Revlo as its attention was entirely on Browny behind the former.

It determined that Revlo was just a small fry and the real threat was the horned bear standing in front of it.

Even though it knew that Browny was stronger than itself, it was confident in its healing abilities that he could take the horned bear on, this wasn't its first time fighting someone stronger than itself after all.

It smirked confidently as if to provoke Browny.

Browny frowned, it didn't like the way that the troll was looking at it, he was about to step in when raise raised his arm to stop him.

Confused, Browny looked at Revlo and made a face as if to question 'What's wrong?'.

"Let me give it a try"

Revlo said as he strode forward and unsheathed his Fantarium sword, the Fate Destroyer.

The horned nodded and stepped back, he didn't find this weird at all, he remembered that it was his master that caused the deaths of the numerous bloodwolves when they first met and mistakenly judged Revlo's strength as someone equal or greater than itself.

"Gyehehehe"

The troll cackled in mockery seeing this scene played out, it couldn't even sense any magical aura from Revlo and mistakenly thought that the human child was just a regular human that doesn't know magic.

The troll laughed at the human's foolishness as it salivated, it already imagined the scene of it playing around with Revlo's lifeless body like the previous adventurer that tried to hunt it down but was now lying on the ground just a few meters away.

It raised its club covered with spikes and launched itself towards Revlo.

"Physical Enhancement, Endurance, Strength, Stamina, Agility"

He quadrupled casted as he enhanced the physical attributes of his entire body but that is not all he did.

Mana gathered in Revlo's finger as the latter pointed it at the troll.

The troll finally realized that the human child could use magic but it still didn't halt its charge.

"Beam"

A thin laser beam was shot out of his finger and aimed towards one of the troll's leg joints.

The same attack that he used against the goblin champion that he encountered several days ago.

*zwing*

The troll's leg joint got penetrated as a tiny hole appeared on its kneecap while gushing out green blood.

"Krieeek"

The troll screamed in pain, it had to stop mid-charge as it kneeled on one knee and clutched its leg tightly while staring daggers at Revlo, a gaze full of hatred.

Its previous mockery, playfulness, and disdain completely vanished from its face.

"Trolls may have powerful self-healing abilities but that doesn't mean that they don't have any weaknesses, it is recommended to target its joints and eyes, where its regenerative abilities are weaker compared to the rest of its body"

Revlo said as he looked at his finger, smoke was spewing out of it, then shifted his gaze to the troll that was slowly standing up, there was no more blood leaking out of its leg because the injury was already healed.

"Well I got lucky that it underestimated me so much that it let its guard down, which is why I was able to target its weak points so easily, now though, this bastard will now guard its weak points more heavily"

Even as he said that, Revlo's lips curved up a little, as he readied himself and got into a sword stance.

"With this, it should make this a bit more challenging"

The troll was thoroughly enraged as it howled in Revlo's direction, it picked up its club and charged at Revlo once more.

It swung its club downwards the moment it got close to Revlo, the latter moved his hands and parried the blow, the force of the troll's attack got redirected and Revlo quickly adjusted his stance as he swung his sword in an upward slash.

A long green line appeared on the troll's chest as blood spilled out a second later.

The troll's face contorted both from both pain and anger and made another attack as it swung the club sideways this time.

Revlo saw this coming and jumped up to avoid the attack, as he jumped, his face was finally at the same level of elevation as the troll's, they looked at each other in the eyes, Revlo raised his empty left arm, mana gathered in his palms.

"Gigabolt"

Right up in the troll's face, Revlo casted a magic attack at point-blank range as a fiery explosion completely enveloped the troll's head.

The troll stumbled backward and plopped down on the ground.

Revlo landed on his feet, positioned himself in a sword stance, mana gathered on his left arm to prepare for another magic attack.

He didn't let his guard down just because the troll was lying on the ground, flat on its back.

As expected, the troll quickly got up but its head looked grotesque and deformed.

The skin on his head was burnt to a crisp, the meat on its face was mostly gone, and what replaced it is an exposed skull with one remaining eyeball left intact while the other eye was left dangling as blood trailed down on its face.

If any other monsters were to suffer this type of damage, they would've been long dead by now but the troll was still moving despite facing such damage.

'This fella looks no different from a zombie but only on its head'

Revlo thought.

The troll still wasn't dead despite looking like a zombie, smoke was coming out of the damaged parts of its body as it healed at a rate visible to the naked eye.

'As expected, it's not gonna be that easy'

Revlo didn't wait for the troll to finish healing as he dashed forward, trying to get close to it.

The troll didn't wait for itself to finish healing either as it swung its club once more towards Revlo.

'Its attacks are very predictable and too linear'

'In addition, its eyes are not healed yet and probably attacked out of instinct'

Revlo thought as he dodged the attack.

"Enchantment Effect, Extreme Sharpness"

The Fate Destroyer was covered in purple light, it was a color that glowed in a way that it was mesmerizing to witness.

Revlo didn't pay attention to any of this as he swung the sword in a horizontal motion and cut off one of its legs.

"Krieeek"

The troll screamed in agony as its left leg got cut off cleanly.

It couldn't pull back its club on time so it used its remaining leg to kick Revlo while trying to maintain its balance.

Revlo tried to block by crossing his arms, but because of the difference between their physiques, Revlo was sent flying backwards like a cannonball, although he landed on his feet, he was already a couple of meters away from his original position.

Revlo looked at his right hand that held the Fate Destroyer sword, red blood was dripping out slowly, drop by drop, blood fell on the ground as it formed a small puddle of red liquid.

'I'm trembling'

Revlo stared at his hands that were shaking, the differences between their physical abilities were clear, even though Revlo casted physical enhancement on himself earlier.

His arms were aching and throbbed with pain, he may look unfazed because his facial expression didn't change but the truth was that due to the troll's sudden kick, Revlo could barely move his arms.

The bones in his arms were fractured as well, but Revlo remained calm, after all, he faced injuries and experienced pain much more severe than this.

'But at least, the other guy is worse off than me'

Revlo thought, his gaze was locked on the troll that fell flat on the ground, with one of its legs gone, it had trouble trying to stand back up.

"Heal"

He used this chance and casted healing magic on himself.

Back in the training facility, the guildmaster squinted his eyes as he stared at the floating screen that broadcasted Revlo's activity.

"This guy is better than I thought" he muttered under his breath.

"Instant chanting, swordsmanship, and multi-casting, I thought he was gonna let his tamed monster do all the work but I guess I was wrong" 

The guildmaster said, he was surprised by Revlo's performance, the strength that he displayed was far beyond what other novice-ranked champions could do.

He turned his head and looked at another screen that broadcasted a little white-haired cat girl hiding in some bushes.

"Little lady Meona is not doing bad either, it's just that she seems so lacking when comparing her side by side with that freak"

The 'freak' that he talked about was obvious, he was now deeply regretting that he was unable to find a more difficult mission for Revlo to take.

He then shifted his gaze to look at another screen, a red-haired young man was displayed as he slew another monster with his sword.

"Looks like there wasn't just one freak that showed up here"

He didn't know that the red-haired sword wielder was a demon that hid his true champion rank.

"What if those two freaks were to clash, who would win between them?" he said as he closed his eyes.

He grinned at that prospect, it was surely an entertaining thought, he wasn't the only one that thought of this, almost half of the spectators were imagining this possibility.

The two become the center of attention while no one even bothered to watch the other participants.

Among the spectators, a certain person whose face was covered up silently watched, and his or her eyes were fixed on a certain screen that broadcasted Revlo's actions.

"Mason Clan" 

He or She let out a cold and creepy voice that contained hatred and anger, this person was the master-ranked demon that Revlo spotted earlier.

The troll that was writhing in pain on the ground quickly grabbed the detached leg and put it back where it belonged, its face was now mostly healed as a large amount of white smoke emerged from its leg that got cut off.

It tried to stand up but the troll was limping, even though its leg got reattached, it's gonna take a while before it could feel it again.

After that, it gritted its teeth while gazing at Revlo, its eyes were full of anger and resentment.

Just a while ago, it looked at the human child like it was no different from an ant, now that same ant that it looked down on actually put him in such a state that it almost couldn't believe it.

It felt humiliated and its anger won't die down unless it tears Revlo down limb from limb as the latter screamed in agony.

The troll no longer underestimated Revlo, the reason why Revlo easily landed some hits on it was the majority of the troll's attention was mostly on Browny.

That's what the troll thought.

It was worried that the horned bear might attack at any moment without warning but now the troll ignored Browny's existence as his focus shifted completely on Revlo.

The feeling returned on its legs as he began charging towards Revlo once again, this time, its speed was noticeably faster than before.

The troll was finally going all out.

But then a grin appeared on Revlo's face.

"Preparations are complete, you lost"

Danger alarms abruptly rang inside the troll's head.

A magic circle suddenly appeared and quickly expanded, it covered the area of the battlefield.

"Magic Array: Frost Zone"

The troll was quickly covered in ice, its movement completely stopped.

But after a few seconds, the ice started cracking, the troll was trying to break out.

However, Revlo had already approached as he raised his sword over his head.

"All Spitting Sword Technique" he muttered.

A black line appeared on the ice block that trapped the troll inside, it was sliced in half along with the troll itself.

*Crack

Along with its body, its magic core got cleaved in half as well, rendering it dead for good.

"Trolls won't die even if its body gets split in half" he said while looking down at its corpse.

"One down, nine more to go" he said and finally sat down on the ground, wiping the sweat on his forehead.

{Mission Status: Kill 10 Trolls ... 1/10 slain}

(A/N: If you can, pls give a review or rate my story and let me know what you think)

Advanced Chapters available on Patreon

10