Vol. 2 Chapter 24 : M.I.A
160 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing that the two demon nobles had disappeared into the distance, the skinny man began to slowly walk towards the two rock-like giant monsters with a creepy smirk.

He could already imagine the consequences if a war of such a scale were to happen between the two opposing realms.

All the blood that will be shed would be enough to fill the seas, homes decimated beyond recognition, landscapes would be rearranged, mountains would be flattened, kingdoms would be ruined, an ocean of corpses lying around on some gruesome battlefield and the despair it will bring to countless lives.

The skinny man salivated at such thoughts and anticipated such a future, even though he wanted such a thing to happen, he knew that it was not wise in getting involved with those two demons, after all, the damnable demon slayers were after their tails.

He would be retarded if he helped them out and get hunted down by the demon slayers in the process by getting involved in such a troublesome matter.

In addition, he had a feeling that lending his aid was not necessary, he was pretty sure that those two demons would succeed, after all, they had the guts to enter the surface world with just their pitiful strength.

They got to have at least have some sort of trump card or an intricate and ingenious plan up their sleeve to ensure that their goal would be achieved.

This involved one of the twelve demonic artifacts, the demons in the Nether Realm would never be half-hearted when involved in such an extremely important matter by sending a bunch of brats, there had to be something special about those two for the people in the demon race to send them off in such an important mission.

Just one of the artifacts was already enough to boost the overall power of the demon race by a large margin, those artifacts were just that powerful.

The skinny man knew very well that the demon race was renowned for their deviousness and scheming abilities that trumped even the greatest strategist and schemers on the surface world.

"I wish you brats good luck"

The man uttered, he was being sincere here.

His gaze suddenly fell on the giant rock monsters, it was a comedic sight as the two monsters that could bring terror to a small town like Turron Town shivered in fright while hugging each other.

"Now, now, I'm not going to hurt you, I just need you to die and become part of my summons"

Contrary to what he said, his tone was strangely friendly but the fright that the two boss monsters did not diminish one bit.

One of the rock golems suddenly gathered up some courage and roared madly while it swung its arms as hard as it could towards the skinny man with the intent to kill him in one go.

Its lumbering movements did not elicit any sort of reaction from the skinny man as the latter raised one of his hands, mana gathered in his palms.

"Blood Shield"

The man said as blood suddenly appeared and gathered up beside him to form a shield-like object.

*Crash

The monster's arm slammed the blood-colored shield as a loud noise was produced from its collision.

Shockwaves spread out throughout the area as the ground quaked with great intensity, and several stalactites on the ceiling fell simultaneously and shattered into thousands of pieces.

Despite the tremendous amount of force from that rock golem's attack, the blood shield remained unmoved, however, one could see visible cracks starting to form on the shield's surface.

It was obvious that it would take one more hit and the shield would be destroyed immediately.

The rock-like monsters suddenly felt a ray of hope had just descended upon them, triggered by their hopeful reverie, they immediately launched their attacks, one sent a simple straight punch while the other grabbed a nearby bolder to throw it towards the skinny man.

The skinny man cackled at the monster's hopeful expressions and snapped his fingers.

"Summon"

*Shiing

The half-meter-sized boulder got sliced in half mid-throw as it plopped down on the ground with a thud while losing all of its momentum.

The monster who threw the punch suddenly felt like its punch got blocked and its fist could no longer move forward.

This stunned the rock monster, although it could sense that the skinny man in front of them was strong but in terms of physical strength, the rock monster didn't think it would lose out, I mean their opponent looks like a twig.

However, when it looked closely, it wasn't the skinny man that stopped its punch like it originally thought, a black minotaur with glowing red eyes put its hands up and blocked the rock monster's punch while wearing a ferocious expression.

The monster did not know when this creature appeared, it turned its look and saw another black-colored creature, it was a human who looked like a ninja and like the minotaur, the human also had red eyes.

With the magic aura that they gave off, one could tell that both of them were master rank.

"In case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a necromancer"

The skinny man's cold voice resounded.

"Just surrender your life and you'll be just like them, become my summons"

The skinny man continued to say with an amused tone.

"Roooar"

The two golems let out a deafening roar, their courage was reinvigorated, and it was obvious that they didn't want to become this man's pet.

The man cackled and looked at these monsters as if they were fools.

A dense dark cloud appeared and surrounded the area, the two rock monsters suddenly felt an ominous foreboding.

Meanwhile for the dungeon expedition party...

"Kraaaa"

A lizard-like monster screamed as it got impaled in the chest, purple blood erupted like a volcano towards Ironclaw's face, killing it instantly.

He grabbed the monster's corpse and tossed it towards some people to have its magic core extracted since the magic cores of monsters fetched some good cash, there was no reason to not extract it.

Actually, since monsters have incomplete and impure magic cores, it would be more appropriate to call them mana stones instead, there were also mana stones on the dungeon floors and walls, Ironclaw glanced at the miners and porters who were mining away the mana stones with their pickaxes.

Mana stones were important resources in this world and were the main sources of income adventurers could receive.

Ironclaw glanced at the corner of his eye and saw a bare-chested adventurer killing another lizard-like monster by himself and was impressed by his performance.

'I heard that he is solo, better try to recruit him after this is over, Kent was it? I heard some rumors and he is a bit famous around here'

Ironclaw thought and fancied the idea of scouting this particular adventurer that had impressed him thus far.

He was the same adventurer that held up Revlo in a line, now he applied to become part of the dungeon expedition party since he felt that his previous quest scammed him out of his hard work.

He continued to beat up the monster's corpse even though it had already died, he was venting out his previous grievances.

'Though he has a hot temper'

Ironclaw thought.

"Captain, that tremor, do you have any idea what that was?"

A lion person approached Ironclaw and asked the latter a question with a puzzled expression.

The tremor was caused by the clash between the skinny man and the two giant rock monsters earlier but they didn't know that.

Ironclaw didn't reply and eyed each individual in the expedition carefully and did a headcount inside his head.

'99, 100, 101, 102 ... Weren't there 104 originally here? Don't tell me those bastards went ahead on their own'

Ironclaw frowned at this revelation, he hadn't been alerted of any serious casualties, just some adventurers getting injured here and there but no reported deaths which is why he concluded that the missing body count ran away on their own devices or was separated from the group.

"I could only count 102 people here, looks like 2 rats escaped, there is a high chance that those vibrations had something to do with them"

Ironclaw said with an annoyed expression.

The lion person frowned as well, naturally, the two of them were thinking that the two who were missing were greedy for the dungeon rewards and intentionally separated themselves from the party

Well, they were technically correct, they intentionally separated themselves and were greedy to retrieve the demon artifact buried beneath this dungeon.

"I don't see that red-haired guy and his partner who wore a purple-colored mantle"

The lion person said, he easily identified the missing people, after all, with the succubus woman covering herself up with a cloak that looked incredibly suspicious, they easily attracted plenty of attention to themselves.

"I heard that red-haired guy just got his adventurer's license recently too and even the person he dragged along wasn't even a licensed adventurer, what was the guild even thinking accepting such reckless idiots?"

Ironclaw angrily said, it was obvious that he was pissed.

"Hmph, wait till I get my hands on them"

Ironclaw turned around and resumed the expedition after the miners finished mining the mana crystals in the area.

In the dungeon entrance ...

Jacob, the vice guildmaster of the Turron Town's adventurer's guild branch sat on top of a rock while closing his eyes.

One could easily mistake him for a statue due to how he just sat down without moving a single inch or making even the tiniest of movements.

The sounds of footsteps entered Jacob's ears and he twitched when he sensed a baleful aura that this person emitted.

He could also sense killing intent directed toward him as well.

Jacob opened his eyes and saw a man wearing a ragged cloak similar to the one that the skinny man had.

"My liege is working hard, as his subordinate, I cannot slack off, so vice guildmaster, you have to die"

A calm voice resounded and Jacob could hear him loud and clear.

Jacob wasn't flustered in the least despite hearing the mysterious man's words.

He stood up and glanced at the cloaked man, his eyes glowed as if trying to see through the cloaked figure that was leisurely approaching him.

The vice guildmaster hadn't said anything thus far, well, there was no need to since the cloaked man didn't hide his killing intent.

The vice-guildmaster could feel the mana in the surroundings moving abnormally.

Sounds of explosions covered the whole area, the battle between the vice guildmaster and the mysterious cloaked man had begun.

In May's Inn...

Revlo could be seen drinking tea with an indifferent expression on his face, his seemingly harmless actions caused an invisible pressure to weigh down on the town lord as the latter suddenly felt a wave of nervousness overtake his body.

He found himself in a confusing situation where he was unable to say anything, which was contrary to his expectations.

No matter how he tried to start a conversation, no matter what words came out of his mouth, Revlo would only nod in response or even ignore him completely while continuing to sip his tea without a care in the world.

*Gulp

If it were anyone else, treating him like this, he would've immediately yelled and ordered his knights to lock them up in prison for many days and nights as punishment or maybe even torture them in public to serve as a warning.

However, the other side has such a strong backer that he wouldn't even dare to fart lest he causes displeasure to the other party.

It wasn't just that, Stewart had long noticed that the child in front of him was not someone ordinary, he didn't know why but he felt like he was sitting with a god, Revlo's temperament and demeanor made him feel like he was witnessing a divine being looking down on everything.

There was also one thing that confused him, Revlo's breathing pattern was very peculiar, and noticed the way he breathed was set in some sort of pattern, as a master rank, his senses were acute, and it was not surprising that he could pick up on this.

Of course, the town lord would not be brave enough to ask Revlo about it even if his courage was multiplied by one hundred.

Revlo was using the 'Heavenly Breathing Technique' even now, there was no need to meditate all the time just to use it.

Meditation only helps his concentration to increase the efficiency of the technique, but it doesn't mean that he could not apply the breathing technique in normal conditions.

Revlo finally had enough making the town lord feel tense as he put down his cup gently on the table and finally said something much to the town lord's relief.

 

<<Afterward>>

Celine: Haha! Good job, as expected of my son, you are scaring the living sh*t out of that shitty town lord.

Revlo: ...

Meona: Geez, Revlo you are teasing my dad too much.

Vorne: That aside, what do you think is the goal of this mysterious necromancer villain that had just been introduced?

Celine: Huh? Like I give a damn! I'll turn him into ash if I wanted to.

Vorne: Honey, I think you should stop appearing in the afterward section from now on.

Celine: What?! You wanna die?

Hey! What do you guys think of me adding an afterward section? Do you want this to be a thing or not
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
9