Vol. 2 Chapter 30: Dome Prison
90 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Sorry guys, from now on, chapter lengths are now 1500 words instead of the usual 2000-2400, the reason is because of stress and limited time for me to write)

A palm descended and gently touched a transparent barrier covered with chains.

Jason closed his eyes to analyze the magic that kept him in place, because of the existence of this barrier, he could not leave nor could he call for help.

In his mind, he could see billions of strands of mana and runes intertwined together to perform a complex algorithm that formed a barrier-like structure that locked the flow of mana, space, air, or anything in between from flowing out.

"This is way too high-level for a master rank champion to set up, looks like this guy's 'liege' or whatever is got to be someone who is at least an International master rank or higher"

He put his only remaining hand on his chin and wore a pondering expression.

"Or at the very least, there is someone powerful behind him"

He glanced at the barrier one more time and inhaled slowly, he raised his one remaining arm and sent a punch with all his might towards the barrier.

*Dung

A disappointed look appeared on Jason's face as he stared at the barrier that refused to budge, even a little.

The barrier didn't even vibrate but only made a bell-like sound which made Jason click his tongue in annoyance.

Just a couple of distances behind him, he could already sense powerful magical energy approaching at high speeds.

"That guy arrived here too fast, I guess it was because I touched the barrier that he figured out my location?"

After taking a sidelong glance to look behind him, his figure blurred out and disappeared on the spot.

Just a couple of seconds later, the cloaked man arrived only to find that nobody was there.

"Slippery rat, this has turned into a game of cat and mouse"

The cloaked man spat out in a venomous voice.

He looked around and saw a fist mark on the edge of the barrier that was slowly fading away.

"Heh"

The cloaked man smirked derisively.

"As if my liege's magic array could be broken easily by a weakling"

Energy waves were suddenly emitted out of his head as he used his magic sense to scan the area.

He could sense a faint spatial fluctuation in a certain spot, he walked towards it and frowned.

"Who knew that the vice-guild master was a space magic-user, to think he managed to hide this from everyone"

They had already investigated and gathered information about the various powerful champions that resided in Turron Town.

The weapons they used, the magic they specialized in, their fighting habits, rumors regarding them, etc. 

They gathered as much information as they could before launching their ambush and one thing that the cloaked found intriguing was that information about the vice-guild master was strangely scarce.

At first, they didn't think much of it, after all, the vice-guild master did lose to the guild master before, so they rated Jason as someone weaker than the guild master and thought the cloaked man could take him on by himself.

Now, however, the cloaked found that something was amiss.

Nevertheless, he didn't spend too much time thinking about this, no matter what secret the vice-guild master was hiding, it won't matter once he was dead, weakening the overall power of Turron Town by killing off their strongest people when they are separated was the first step of their mission.

A dark-red cloud suddenly manifested beneath his feet and started flying up, he looked in a certain direction and headed towards it.

"That rat should be going around and trying to find the magic array plate to disable this magic array"

The magic array plate is an item that can store an entire magic array and compress them into a magical item.

It was a useful item that could help one set up a magic array instantaneously without having to go to the trouble of setting it up on the spot.

Of course, something that is overpowered such as that also has its drawbacks.

If the magic array plate is destroyed, so does the magic array, that is why people usually hide them in some hidden location to prevent people from finding it.

The magic array plate itself has to remain stationary and could not be carried along or else the magic array will not function.

The cloaked man already figured out the gnome's plan.

"It is fortunate that the array that my liege has set up could also prevent the usage of space magic to escape otherwise the plan would be in jeopardy"

The cloaked man licked his lips and grinned evilly.

"Run, run you little rat, once I find you, I'll make you taste the greatest torture that you'll experience in your life"

His face turned icy and vicious as he spat out these words.

In some part of the wilderness, Revlo was riding on top of Browny and was headed towards the location where the battle of the vice-guild master and the cloaked man was taking place.

He titled his head to look upwards, with the naked eye, nothing seemed suspicious, just another chunk of wilderness while a large structure was visible on the horizon.

"So that's the dungeon huh?"

It was two stories tall, though the outside was only for appearances, the true structure of the dungeon was underground.

Revlo closed his eyes for a second, the faint aura of space-time was surrounding him for a brief moment.

He opened his eyes and a colorful star-like symbol manifested itself while giving off a golden radiance.

A large transparent dome covered with translucent blue chains appeared before him.

"This is the result of a massive magic array, it even has a stealth property that could not be seen or sensed normally"

"If it weren't for my akashic eye and my spirit power that is near-bordering the threshold of a god, I would not be able to discover this thing's existence"

His eyes darted around the large dome-like structure like he was analyzing something.

"This thing has been set up by someone that is on the level of a saint but I feel like there is something wrong with it"

"It was obviously set up by a saint rank champion but why does it feel a bit weak?"

Just as he had approached the border of the invisible dome, Revlo patted Browny's head.

"Stop"

He commanded and jumped down on the ground, he raised his arms with his palms touching the barrier.

"I see, this magic array was set up by an array plate, the master of this array seems to only be a master rank"

Revlo could feel the cloaked man's spirit power through the magic array.

"If they set this up to ambush someone who was only a master rank, the attacker's strength should not be too far off from each other, otherwise they wouldn't have to go through the trouble of setting this up"

He turned his head to look at Browny and sent a mental transmission to issue some commands which the latter nodded.

Revlo closed his eyes and was covered in a dim white aura and entered the barrier like it was nothing but air.

If the vice-guild master and the cloaked man were to see this, their jaws would touch the floor from utter disbelief.

A barrier that was created by a former vampire lord and could trap a master rank was easily broken through by a little kid who was only a weak novice rank.

If the cloaked man were to find out, he would do anything at all cost to hunt down and kill Revlo.

'Of course, I still need to be careful'

Revlo also applied some magic on himself to prevent others from finding out he was here.

"Where is that rat?"

The cloaked man looked around left and right, trying to pinpoint Jason's location.

He was not worried about the latter escaping since he was confident in his 'liege's' magic array.

As for him being able to find the magic array plate and destroy it?

"Your little plan won't work you little rat, with your pitiful strength, even if you managed to find it, breaking it would be the least of your worries, I bet you can't even leave a scratch on it much less even move it"

His spirit was connected to the magic array plate itself, the moment the gnome found the magic array plate, he would be immediately alerted.

"I could shrink down the dome and the places that he won't have anywhere else to run or hide"

The cloaked man formulated a plan inside his head, his confidence was at an all-time high.

Never would he thought that there was someone just right behind him a couple of meters away, sneaking around.

In the bushes, Revlo was staring at the cloaked man flying in the air while standing on top of a red cloud.

"A third class master rank?"

Revlo's magic sense swept through the cloaked man's body while the latter was unaware.

With his eyes that gave off a golden radiance, he had already spotted the source of the magic array which he assumed to be the array plate that activated and maintained this magic array.

He took his eyes off the cloaked man and dashed towards it.

Meanwhile, the vice-guildmaster was blindly searching for the array plate, even though gnomes were known to have a keen sense when it comes to sensing the flow of mana, finding the location of the array plate that is set up by a vampire lord was not an easy thing to do.

Fortunately for him, however, he was headed in the right direction as the distance between him and Revlo was closing in.

4