Chapter 2
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

USA, Hospital.

Four doctors were sitting in a small study around a table, and they were looking at documents. "It has been four years, and nothing changed; he didn't even age", stated one of the doctors. The doctor sitting next to him put one of her documents onto the table so that everyone could see that and added," This is what we found".On the sheet of paper, there was a picture of the scientist who was the only survivor of the incident in Africa.

"So this guy managed to survive... he was about twenty years old at that time?" asked the oldest doctor in the room. "Yes, and technically he is still about twenty years old. He seems to have stopped ageing completely." Answered the woman who placed the paper on the table. "Could it be due to the virus?" stated his question to the previous doctor again. The woman put another document onto the table and replied, "It is highly possible; look at this diagram. He physically seems to be the same as he used to be, despite being in a coma for three years. Mentally, however, he degraded. After many cheks, we have found that he lost most of his memories. But this is the only information that shows taht this is not part of the virus. No infected person had this kind of result. They only gained something, not lost something."

After the woman finished her explanation, the fourth doctor spoke up. "It has been three years, and he has yet to wake up. He is no longer injured but seems to be mentally ill." After a loud sigh, the man continued, "Does he have any relatives?". The woman quickly replied, "Yes, he has a younger sister; she should be 19 by now. Sir, why are you asking? I hope you are not planning to..." The woman wanted to continue, but he was interrupted." I have been ordered to release him by the end of this week. Although he contributed greatly to his country, I must follow orders. Please call his sister to take him away. She has three more days; otherways, we will have to toss him out... I am sorry for him. " The woman stood up and was seriously upset. She slammed the table with her fist and added, "This is outrageous!" She was interrupted because the door of the study suddenly opened and a very young doctor rushed in. "Sir, we have found something strange about him!" sputtered the newcomer, and placed a document onto the table. Then continued, "We have measured the virus concentration, and it was 0000". The fourth doctor grabbed the sheet of paper, and once he read it, he was shocked.

"How is this possible?! I have never seen anything like that. The minimum should be around 100; even newborn babies have that much, him having 0000... this is too strange," said the doctor and his left eye started slightly ticking. Then the younger doctor followed, "We believe that the number exceeds four digits; that is why it only shows four zeros. Those who have less than 1000 have no extra zero at the beginning of their number... but... We have no information about people who had a number higher than 8000. Sir, what should we do about this?". After a few minutes of silence, the fourth doctor spoke up again, "Nothing, no one should know about this; let's just say that the gadget was malfunctioning, and we had no time to replace it in time before the patient had to leave. Let's not cause any more misfortune for him. " then, he stood up and gave back his papers to the younger doctor. After the younger doctor took the documents, he added, " Alright, sir, I will do my best ". Before the fourth doctor sat down, he nodded.

After the doctor left, and only the four original doctors remained in the room, the woman continued, " They can't do this to him! He would be unable to survive without proper medical assistance, and her sister... she has to work to stay alive, now giving her an extra burden? Are the higherups even human?". After the woman finished, the fourth doctor slightly leaned forward and formed a pyramid from his fingers. Everyone in the room was awaiting his answer, but he was only staring at the table; after a few minutes, he finally spoke up, "No, they are not humans, but we must follow because we will be replaced and then newer doctors will come here who are more obedient. I don't want to abandon him either, but it's better than what others would do to him. You should go there and get him ready; I will personally call his sister." The woman opened her mouth, but the doctor interrupted her again. "Please, I don't want it to be harder than it needs to be." The woman took a deep breath, nodded and stood up after leaving her documents on the table. And then she left the room, leaving the other doctors behind.

The women sometime later enter a nice little room. She was pushing a wheelchair. The room had a bed in one of its corners. Next to the bed, there was a large window. The window was facing a large park, and the sun was just barely shining. It was still morning. In the bed, a person was lying, but he was completely covered by a human size and shaped machine. The woman walked over to the bed, looked at it and said, "Poor boy... I wish I could do more". Then she pulled a phone-like object from her pocket, and once she, after a few touches, the machine opened, revealing the man lying in it. The man had very short black hair and seemed somewhat muscular.

The woman looked at the man in the machine, and looked at her phone, then read his details out loud" Name: Norin Luhf; Age: 20 or 23; Height: 175cm; Weight: 61kg; Eye cour: Blue, after accident Red; Hair colour: Brown, after accident Black; Heartrate: normal; Blood pressure: normal ". The woman parked the wheelchair next to the bed and pressed another button on her phone. After pressing the button, a nurse came in after a few minutes. The two of them picked the man up and put him gently into the wheelchair.

0