Chapter 7
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a large, overly decorated room, a well built, muscular woman sat behind a large metal but still a fancy table. On her left and right, there were two smaller wooden tables. On the left one, there were three glasses, a jug filled with tea, and a bottle of wine. There were a package of cigars and a golden lighter on the other table. Behind her was a large poster showing two clashing shortswords. The woman had long white hair and very dark green eyes. She was wearing a grey costume that covered her entire body. It was very thin and fit her tight. She was drinking tea from a mug. "Ah, what a great way to start the day! If I remember, today I have two visitors, so I should get ready to welcome them", said the woman before he chugged down the mug of tea and placed the empty cup next to the jug. She sat back and looked at the ceiling of the room, took a deep breath and mumbled, "I hope they don't screw the job up!" then poured another cup of tea and chugged it down in no time at all. After she put back her mug, someone knocked on the door, and she replied, "Come in!"

The one who entered the room was Liz, Norin's sister, and she walked over to the woman's desk and looked at her. "Mam, can I ask why you asked me to come here?" asked Liz, and she looked down at her feet." Why? I believe we have had an agreement that you failed to accomplish! You agreed that you would DEFEAT your next opponent!" the woman sat back, grabbed a cigar and the lighter, then started smoking. She blew the first cloud of smoke at Liz, then continued, " As far as I know, you did beat your opponent, but below the required standards. You had a close victory, meaning you were below 20% HP. DEFEATING your opponent means you achieve victory while still having HP beyond 50%." the woman blew another cloud of smoke at Liz and waited for Liz's reaction and answer. On the other hand, Liz was very uneasy and was sweating greatly, and after a few minutes of silence, she finally spoke up," Mam, I have encountered something that..." Suddenly the woman interrupted Liz and declared," Your brother woke up, right?"

The woman tapped the table before her and drew a tick, and suddenly, a hologram appeared above the table. It was a picture. In the photo, Liz could see her house and its window and could see Nerin as he was taking a nap in his wheelchair. Liz stepped back and started shaking and wanted to say something, but suddenly, the door she came in was kicked in, and a man wearing an elegant suit marched in. He had very short light brown hair and blue eyes. And after he entered, he shouted, "WHERE?! ANGELA! WHERE IS SHE?! TELL ME NOW!" the woman smiled and said with a smile on her face, "Just in time, Mr Bros.". The man looked at Liz the back at Angela, who was still smoking calmly. Suddenly Liz broke out, "WHAT did you do to my BROTHER?!" and stomped as hard as she could. The woman slightly leaned onto the table and said, "Both of your relatives are fine... for now. Liz, you see, breaking MY rules come with consequences, and since you belong to me, I doN't want to break my property. But your brother, I think you will suffer more if I hurt him. Breaking him, crippling him, would show you what it means to go against my rules and standards."; the Angela then smiled at the man ad continued, "As for you, Mr Bros, you have been a pain in my ass for years now, then your girl came to ruin an important party of mine, so I will teach her AND you a lesson, you will never forget."

The woman drew a circle onto her desk with her index finger, then another tick where she finished drawing the circle. After a few seconds, a sound came from the desk, "Yes?" then the woman questioned, "Who the hell are you? Where is Bob?" "Bob? He is not available at the moment, he is a bit... how should I say it. He is a bit cold." replied the sound. Angela replied after a few seconds, "Cold? In SUmmer??!! How? You are trying to be funny, right?", "No, sir, you should ask him when he gets back." responded the sound. "You do know that I am paying you for doing my bidding and not for playing around. Anyway, do you have them? I am turning to video on, so put on a smile for my guests." said Angela with an annoyed tone, and the voice, this time, answered right away, "Alright, but I think I might have given you some wrong information about Bob, You were right he is not cold, rather, he is... " After the voice started talking, she instantly pressed her table, and the picture vanished, and another hologram appeared "... out cold". The hologram was showing Norin and the girl as they were sitting on the three men Norin had defeated. Norin was smiling and waving; as for the girl, as soon as the hologram appeared, she flipped the bird and said, "I knew it was you, Angela, FUCK YOU."

Angela was so shocked that she couldn't speak, but Liz was the same way, only Mr Bros was smiling. Angela looked into Norin's eyes, and upon seeing her red eyes, she started sweating and slightly shaking. She looked at Mr Bros, hit the table with great force, and hung up the call. Then she looked at Liz and asked, "Liz, who the hell is your brother... He seemed and still seems like a weakling, especially compared to Bob and his team. His team is not the greatest but could kill an average person with minimum difficulty. So tell me, HOW did he, HOW was he able to beat three trained men if he is stuck in a wheelchair?! And why do I have a bad feeling about him now that I have taken a closer look at him?! "

0