A Born Lunatic
385 10 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Jyoti's POV]

"Hmm, so this was Mayuri's house?"

"Yeah, this was the address she told me in the past"

"It's impressive you still remember it"

"Well, I listen to her"

"U-uhm, Mam? are we sure about this?"

" 'You' are not sure, me and Jyoti are"

"Y-yes"

He's such a creep, now that I know his secrets, I don't even want to talk to him but it's not like I am any better. Still, I do have a choice wheater I want to talk to someone or not and choose not to.

But this house sure is small, there is no garden outside it and inside there are only two rooms. One room has a kitchen, dining table and the mattress for sleeping, all of which are in shabby condition. But this house has been abandoned for so many years, so it's only natural. The second room is the bathroom and washroom.

Spider webs are can be seen all over the walls and furniture. Mold is like a common sight in this house, the walls are damped because of all the harsh wheater it has endured. For some reason, there are slice marks all over the walls.

Everywhere inside the house is dark, except for that small ray of light coming through that one broken window. The air inside the house is chilly, it smells like rot in here. This house can perfectly be referred to as a haunted house at this point.

"Mehak, are we sure to find something in this beaten up house?"

"Yes, just search everywhere. Make sure your phone's flashlight is on, we can easily miss something because of how dark it is here. Jyoti, you search the kitchen side.

"Sure"

"Abhi, you search the washroom"

"Yes, Mam"

I don't know why, but I feel satisfied seeing him search in the washroom. Oh, mother, I think I just want to drag him down because I really hate his guts now. I mean, I didn't like him before because of how scared he acts, but now I don't even want to be in the same room as him. Mother, see how much your daughter has grown—

"Jyoti! put that hair back into the pocket and. Search"

"Alright"

Mother, I will talk to you later. I have work to do now.

.

.

.

Hmm, let's see what's inside this drawer and......oh, just cockroaches. But these are some big cockroaches, just a second ago I even saw a big spider inside the cooking pot. I opened the lid of pot and bam! it was there. Spider webs covering the whole of pot's inside, the spider looking at me and me looking at him.

I should get scared by these things, I should get creeped out by these but Mehak has made me kill so many of these that I don't feel anything towards them anymore, I wonder would mother be proud? when she finds that her daughter doesn't have a fear of insects?

Mother's fear of insects is just like any other average girl, so she should be happy to know that her daughter doesn't.

but there really isn't anything to be found here, I searched everywhere around the kitchen and dining table but nothing. Just more filthiness and trash.

"Mehak, you found something?"

"...yeah"

!! What!? she really found something!

"What!? What did you find"

"Take a look yourself"

Hmm? A notebook? It's in a battered condition, the words inside are difficult to read but huh?!...blood? why are there blood marks on some pages? It's like a small splash of blood, but whose's notebook is it? why is there blood on it?

"Jyoti, read the title of the notebook"

huh?

"My Diary"

Only Mayuri and her mother lived here, only the mother could write properly so... hmm, it's a diary the mother wrote but—

"Why is there blood on some pages, right?"

Jeez, her perception of other's mind is still strong

"Yeah, have you read it?"

"No, I don't want Abhi to hear this"

"You know that I am still here right?"

"Yes, so if you heard me, get out of here and go back home."

"Wh-what? already?"

"Yes, and come back tomorrow"

"Th-that's unfair"

"I will pretend to not hear that, now. O.U.T"

"yES! MAM!"

fucker should have left the moment it was said, no need to drag this out

"So, Mehak. He's gone, read it now"

"Yeah, give the diary back here"

"Ah! sorry..."

"What? Do you want to ask something?"

She really is a perspective one

"I have been wondering, why did you take Mayuri's eye?"

I asked it! I asked it! I really asked it! fuck! fuck! fuck! don't be angry! don't be angry!

"You mean this?"

...

huh? isn't that an eyeball?

but why is it inside a ring box?

No, why is it even inside her pocket?

is it similar to my mother's hair?

"I-Is th-th-that the eyeball yo-you took"

"Yup, it's beautiful right? just look how gorgeous it looks inside this box"

hahahaha... I can't do anything but laugh. What am I supposed to say? your girlfriend eyeball looks pretty being decorated like that?

"Wh-why did you took it?"

"It's her punishment, it will work as a lifetime reminder for her"

"Reminder for what?"

" It will always remind her to not doubt herself. It will remind her that the moment she doubts herself something will be taken away from her"

"doubt herself"

"Yes, didn't I say that she is becoming conscious of her actions. She's doubting everything about her life, she was doubting her love, she's doubting her insanity, she's doubting how normal she is, she's doubting how different she's from everyone else"

"and taking her eye will help?" that's just bullshit

"It doesn't have to be an eye. It can be anything, the point is she will lose something every time she starts doubting herself"

"isn't it bad? that you are taking away her ability to doubt herself? she will never grow that way"

"The ability to doubt isn't bad, even I doubt myself several times but if it's taken to an extreme then the person is just devaluing herself daily. Mayu's self-value is decreasing because of how extremely she's starting to doubt herself. So, I will return her to the way she was before"

"Someone who isn't conscious of their actions, someone who has utmost faith in herself, someone who thinks they can do anything without any consequences"

"Yes, that's what she was used to be and she was much happier and clear-minded than today"

"but it's not a guarantee that she will turn out how you want her to, and you are basically manipulating her life"

"Yes, it's not a guarantee but there's a chance and I will bet on it. Even if she doesn't end up how I like her to, I will take care of her my entire life. She's my responsibility, I will support her even if she becomes mankind's enemy."

"Hmm, that does sound pretty and romantic to hear. What about manipulating her life?"

"I will manipulate her, I will lie to her, I will do anything I can to make her life better"

"hmm, you turned out pretty romantic compared to those school days"

"Well people change, blah blah...and I also wanted to know what it felt like to torture someone you love...anyways give me the notebook"

"Yes, here you go" I feel like she doesn't want to talk about the real reason, no need to push her. Only, I would get hurt doing so

"Not everything is readable, but I will try my best to understand it. So, help me out here"

"Sure"

.

.

.

[My Diary]


I don't have anyone to talk to             

                                                              Father, Mother abandoned me                                             care about image more

     man also abandoned me                               the baby's still here                               she's only one with me                          

 

                Should take care of her                                                                      she's the only reason        to live

1



                           they don't send money anymore                

                                                                                                     they just forgot about me

                    what am I supposed to do now?                                                                             

                                                                                                              have to earn, or Mayuri will                                        have to work for Mayuri

          her school fees                          daily food                               everyday necessities

                                           that child looks at me with such innocent eyes                                              have to protect Mayuri

21



               Tired                        I am so tired                               everyday                            every day

                               EVERY FUCKING DAY       

                    I work so hard for her                                                I clean other people's houses                                    

                                         I provide her with everything                                         and she just                       she just

                     CAN'T STOP BABBLING ABOUT THAT FATHER

       I work hard for her            I give her school fees                     It's not that MAN

                     He hasn't done anything                                      for us                                        yet why?   why?    why?

                 She just keeps asking about that man                                              it's like she's reminding me that I chose the wrong man to have sex

with                                         Is she blaming me?                                   for not giving her a life of luxury

                         yes she is                                      she's definitely blaming me                                      

 

                                   What am I saying?                                 she's not blaming me                                 

                                                                        I just need some rest

46



Tired                                   Tired                             Tired                                Tired

                     Tired of everything                                                  that child is not innocent                                           that child

      asks about that man                                                        every fucking day                                         she doesn't stop

                             Got fired from my main job                                                                      she doesn' give a shit about that

                                                                                      I am looking for another job                                           she doesn't give a shit about it

              How I am getting the money                                        that child doesn't give a single shit about it

                     always                        always                                                  always                                                 always                                     just

FATHER                                      FATHER                                                   FATHER                                    FATHER

            FATHER CAN GO TO HELL

                                                 WHY DOESN'T SHE CARE ABOUT ME?

       DOES HER FATHER PROVIDE FOR HER?

                                                         I AM HERE                    I PROVIDE HER

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME                              NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ME

                   MY OWN CHILD DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME

65



Yelling at her is becoming a hobby                                                               she's doesn't cry

                                         doesn't do anything while being yelled                                                           she just stares at me

        she just locks her eyes with mine                                                                 it's like she's looking at a filth

                she must be laughing at me                                                         she must find her mother to be a clown

                                                                        she doesn't know anything about me

             she judges me like everyone else                                                 she's creepy                                 that child's creepy

                             that child's not alright in the head                                                         that child's an alien

               that child just stares at me                                                what's that child thinking?

                                        every night she just stares at me                                                  while cooking she stares at me

                   while taking a shower she just stares at me                                                               what is she thinking?

                                     why does she stare at me all day?                                                  is she planning           to kill me?

      NO      NO          NO                NO         NO    A child can't kill               but                       that look in her eyes

                 she bullies children at school every day                                                   she kills whatever insect enters this house

                                   the week before,  she was playing with a knife                                               

                                                                        yesterday she was swinging the knife                           she sang while doing it

                            she caught a rat today                                                       it was a big mouse

                                                                                        she stabbed the rat                             didn't stop there

                                  she started singing

                                                                              Litte Mayuri had a Knife
                                                                         She gave her mother 40 whacks
                                                                        When she saw what she had done
                                                                                 She gave herself 41

          she just kept on singing this                                      she just kept on stabbing the rat                                           she just kept on looking at me

                                                                      she just kept on that innocent smile

                     71



   

                              TIRED, ANGRY                         TIRED, ANGRY                    TIRED, ANGRY                               TIRED, ANGRY          TIRED, ANGRY TIRED, ANGRY TIRED, ANGRY TIRED, ANGRY TIRED, ANGRY TIRED, ANGRY TIRED, ANGRY    

                                  TIRED, ANGRY               TIRED, ANGRY            TIRED, ANGRY               TIRED, ANGRY             TIRED, ANGRY

     TIRED, ANGRY            TIRED, ANGRY                 TIRED, ANGRY              TIRED, ANGRY       TIRED, ANGRY                  TIRED, ANGRY                    TIRED, ANGRY                   TIRED, ANGRY

TIRED, ANGRY               TIRED, ANGRY                TIRED, ANGRY          TIRED, ANGRY             TIRED, ANGRY                TIRED, ANGRY               TIRED, ANGRY

TIRED, ANGRY            TIRED, ANGRY         TIRED, ANGRY   TIRED, ANGRY         TIRED, ANGRY       TIRED, ANGRY  TIRED, ANGRY         TIRED, ANGRY      TIRED, ANGRY

                              SCARED              SCARED               SCARED                 SCARED

    SCARED               SCARED             SCARED               SCARED                SCARED

CHILD SCARY            CHILD SCARY           CHILD SCARY

         CHILD SCARY                 CHILD SCARY        CHILD SCARY

101



SHE WILL KILL ME    

SHE WILL KILL ME           SHE WILL KILL ME            SHE WILL KILL ME

          WILL KILL ME             WILL KILL ME             WILL KILL ME            KILL ME

  KILL ME           KILL ME               KILL ME              KILL ME          KILL  ME

 KILL      KILL     KILL     KILL     KILL     KILL     KILL

KILL HER            KILL HER           KILL HER              KILL HER              KILL HER

   WILL KILL HER          WILL KILL HER        WILL KILL HER          WILL KILL HER      WILL KILL HER

I WILL KILL HER             I WILL KILL HER           I WILL KILL HER               I WILL KILL HER       I WILL KILL HER

I WILL KILL HER
BEFORE SHE KILLS ME

I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM THINKING                      I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT THING IS THINKING                                          THAT THING ISN'T                             MY CHILD
             THAT THING IS A DEMON                           THAT THING IS THAT MAN'S PROPERTY                                                   THAT THING SHOULDN'T
                                                                      EXIST
                        THAT THING SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO EXIST                                                                                                 SOMEONE HAS TO KILL HER
SOMEONE                     SOMEONE                 SOMEONE                     SOMEONE               SOMEONE
ME?                        ME?                             ME?                               ME?                               I SHOULD STOP HER                       I SHOULD STOP HER
              STOP HER                       STOP HER                   STOP HER                                                                              STOP HER

THAT THING SHOULD BE COMING BACK                                         ANYTIME NOW                                                  I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN

THAT THINGS HAS CUT OFF MY HAIR AND BURNED IT                                                 THAT THING HIDES DEAD INSECTS INSIDE MY CLOTHES
                                                                                     THAT THING KEEPS STABBING THE WALL WITH KNIFE
                         THAT THING HAS SLICED MY LEFT THUMB                                                                                        THAT THING HAS PUT MY THUMB                                                            INSIDE MY FOOD
                                      THAT THING JUST SMILES
THAT THING DOESN'T CRY                                 THAT THING DOESN'T BECOME SAD                                     THAT THING DOESN'T GET ANGRY
                                                                IT JUST                                                                                          SMILES

SMILES LIKE A                                                                                 LUNATIC

                                   THE BUS IS HERE                                          THE SCHOOL BUS IS HERE                                       SHE'S COMING
                                                            SHE'S COMING

142



[Jyoti's POV]

"The end, so that's why there are knife slices all over the walls"

"Mehak, that's not even funny" I mean what the hell was this diary?

It should be burned away

"Hey, Mehak. What about these Blood marks though? the mother didn't mention anything about this"

"She has mentioned it, we just can't find where it is written. I mean it's a 142-page diary and we could only decipher this little"

"That's true, but why is it finished at 142? what happened after that"

"Orphanage age happened. They fought, and the next day mother ran away"

that must have been one hell of a fight, that it forced her mother to finally run away. I mean it's pretty clear that she was scared of Mayuri, but she still didn't abandon her until the fight.

"But we still don't have any clue about her whereabouts"

"that's not true, this diary must have some clue about her. I will take it and try to read it thoroughly tonight"

"Hmm, as you wish. Call me if anything happens"

I should also return home, I need some rest from all this mess.

Hope you people are still enjoying reading this and are not turned off by all the shit happening. On the sidenote

There will be no chapters until next Wednesday, my second minors are coming so I can't write while preparing for it.

Hope, you will understand

Also if you have any tips or some new story elements then tell me at [email protected]

23