Arc 1 chapter 3
459 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gazing at the therapist in front of me,

I see the concern she has in her body language.

"Miss Mia how about you, tell me what happened?".

Looking at her blankly, I explain what happened,

as I do she writes on her notepad,

"Mia from what I can tell, you suffer from PTSD, and you also appear to be outwardly suppressing your emotions, but I can sense the inner turmoil you're experiencing, I suggest we keep doing these sessions.",

surprisingly she hit the nail right on the head...

Usually, it takes a few sessions to get that much information, but I guess that's what separates a Super from an ordinary human.

I should know because in my forties I saw a therapist for stress... Leaving her office clutching Bun-Bun I go back home with Dad.

As I was Staring blankly outside, dad asks out of nowhere,

"Mia, how was Mrs.Halsey?".

I Glance at him with a blank look while saying, "she's a nice lady.".

Hearing a sigh I look at him again,

" Mia just know I'm here for you."'...

Soon a week passed, during that time I would see Mrs.Halsey daily and witness on the news,

Moon Academy city being attacked by an S-rank villain called Darkmatter.

So far the search for the monster has been unsuccessful, she disappeared without a trace, which made my imagination run wild...

I found that wandering the hallways is therapeutic,

while also being stress-inducing on certain days.

"What a strange contradiction.",

I mumble to myself while relaxing in the bath,

after meeting the therapist Mrs.Halsey, I've found stuff that makes me relax,

but it also means I found triggers.

Knives Anywhere around me fill me with fear, especially a kitchen knife,

I would shiver in fear imaging knives...

After the bath, as I was getting prepared for school I see a Young cute girl standing in front of me...

While I found the appearance likable it's also the source of my misery.

If I was faster I wouldn't have died a traumatic death...

Ah, there I go again with self-loathing, the infamous downward spiral.

Mrs.Halsey taught me ways to spot the self-loathing downward spiral, and how to get out of it.

"... Mia take ten deep breaths and ten deep exhales...".

Following her instructions, I soon relax with a tingling sensation all over my body...

I dread going back to that school, but... If I want to live a normal life I have to go.

As I was Psyching myself up I hear, " mistress Mia it's close to school time!".

"Okay, Layla...", filled with dread I walk slowly downstairs to eat breakfast...

Layla has been throwing me concerned glances at me as if she had enough I hear,

"Mistress Mia, where was I during the incident?".

Looking at her blankly I say in an even tone of voice, "I lost you during the chaos so I don't know.".

slowly taking my next step I hear a barely audible whisper, "I won't fail to protect you next time...".

Finally getting to the dining room I hear dad and big brother Lucas talking, "so Lucas, how has school been?".

"Good! Dad!" I look at this scene blankly but felt weird inside...

I'm still not used to having a family I guess,

"Hi, dad... Hi, big brother Lucas." After that, I started to eat breakfast,

which consisted of pancakes and sausage and many luxurious foods, with orange juice on the side...

Soon to leave my father and brother hug me, "Mia, tell me when you use your power again!".

Big brother Lucas and his antics I muse while inwardly wincing, " Okay Big Brother Lucas...".

" Mia, remember I'm here for you, and here.", dad says while handing me a thin, see-through phone.

"Dad... Why the latest X series?", confused I look at him with a tilt of my head...

" Mia, it's to contact me, and your sister along with your brother."...

Standing in front of the portal to Moon Academy city, I'm reminded of how real my trauma is. But...

To live a normal life I must go to Exodus. Determined I step through the portal to another world...

----------------------------------------------

Sorry, the chapter Is short, but It's more of a time skip chapter!

12