Chapter 1: The Will Smith Slap No One Was Expecting
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oscars, 20XX

"Welcome everyone, I'm your host Chris Rock and this is the Oscars!"

Standing on the stage with a million dollar smile was a man in black tuxedos. He was the picture of success that many strived to become, he went by the name Chris Rock.

CLAP

The audience clapped when he ended the introduction. Chris Rock looked around until his eyes settled on a particular couple who were none other than the Smiths.

"Nice haircut you have there, Jada. Can't wait to see you in G.I Jane!"

A comedian to the core, Chris Rock was enjoying the moment where everyone had their attention on him. But there was something the comedian didn't factor in and that was his action was tantamount to stirring the proverbial beehive.

In a blink of an eye, like that of a bull aimed for its target. A man in similar tuxedos got up from the audience and stormed the stage to where Chris Rock stood. Right there he swung his right hand and struck the comedian in the face where millions of viewers watched from behind their TV screen.

SLAP

Taken aback by the blow, Chris Rock stumbled and almost fell to the floor.

"What the fuxk is wrong with Will Smith? Why did he slap Chris Rock?!"

An unknown person in the crowd spoke, but none paid attention as everyone's focus was on the assault that had just taken place. The man who was identified as Will Smith, went back to take his seat by his wife and started to rain curses at Chris Rock.

"The fuxk, don't you dare let my wife's name come out of your mouth!"

Former Oscar winning actress, Lupita Nyong'o watched with shock as she heard a fellow actor make disparaging remarks at the award's host. As with everything else, the show must continue.

That night, Will Smith won the Oscars for the film- King Richard and surprisingly he miraculously evaded jail time. All thanks to the good old boys club, in the form of Chris Rock who supposedly refused to press charges. 

The wife who could not stop her husband from making a fool of himself. A daughter who claimed to have written a letter to her mother's ex's and made the statement, "My mom 'Jada' needs you right now." The said ex has been dead for over ten years. A son that stated, "Around here, that's how we do it." 

Tongues began to wag with every person being the judge and executioner, but what many are failing to understand is that emotion is stronger than knowledge.

Sometimes we might need a sensible partner to steer us out of trouble. At one's lowest point you get to see people at their most ugly and disrespectful.

0