Small Rotation 2
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhou Jinhai looked at the big golden wheel in front of him, and the only thing he could describe it was "Big". It towered over him like a unsurmountable mountain, and it was the only thing he could perceive at the moment. 

"What the hell is this!" asked Zhou Jinhai in confusion as he stared at the "thing" in front of him, and as if to answer his questions several words appeared in front of the golden wheel. It was unknown what they were or where they came from, but the word's send a rumbling across his soul.

"Hah...hah...hah.... what....

Even though Zhou Jinhai didn't know the words , it's meaning was imprints in his soul and he wouldn't forget them to the day he died. It read " As Fate forges great beings, The Dao guides their path.

One Small Heavenly Rotation."

Those majestic words both filled Zhou Jinhai's heart with awe and fear at the same time. ' Dao...fate.... heavenly rotation? What the hell is going on!?'

Zhou Jinhai was beginning to panic at his predicament when the gigantic golden wheel in front of him begun to spin, and the world with it. A great sense of vertigo made Jinhai drop to his knees and then blank out. When he came to, he immediately jumped up only to be met with a reprimanding by his sister.

"Zhou Jinhai, what are you doing? Why did you suddenly get up?" 

"Waaa....waaaaa...waaaaa...

"Look at what you did!"

"Waaaaaaaa....

His sister continued to reprimand him as she tended to the crying baby, but he couldn't find the strength to refute. The golden wheel was nowhere to be seen and he was once again at the house of his brother in law, the later staring at him with concern.

"Little brother Jinhai, are you feeling okay? Is something the matter?"

"Huh...no, everything is fine... just something scared me. Uh, I'm sorry for making a mess, but I think I have to leave right now....

Jin Jie gave a good stern look at Jinhai before he nodded, and Jinhai didn't waste a single second. He almost practically ran out of the house and even almost fell over in the front yard. He looked so flustered that it was a complete turn to the previous minutes where he was calmly eating his meat. 

.........

An hour later Jinhai was sitting on the tall grass looking at the sun who was shining brightly above him, but he couldn't really feel it's warmth. He felt a coldness in his soul that he couldn't shake of, and the reason for that was definitely the golden wheel he had just seen.

' It looked too real to be a hallucination.....it felt too real to be something else. And those words... Fate...Dao....'

Zhou Jinhai wasn't stupid, he knew what Fate meant , and Dao was also something he somewhat understood. It was a widely used word in this world with a wide definition as; fate, road, knowledge, to justice and so on. The memories he had absorbed from Zhou Jinhai  only knew of these, but he was sure they were more. He couldn't exclude that bhe was going " Cocoon" but seeing as this world had Qi and cultivation, he leaned towards a more magical explanation.

' I could be a side effect of crossing over, a gift ,or maybe even a curse.... but one thing I'm sure of....

"HELLOOOO!"

"Gahhhh.....

Zhou Jinhai was brought out of his thinking as someone shouted in his ear. He angrily turned around, and saw the culprit. It was a young boy the same age as him with black eyes, a defined nose, long black hair tied in a ponytail, and silly smile on his face. Seeing that face Zhou Jinhai forgot about the wheel and rushed the young man who was now running away like the wind.

"Nieeeeeeee.....

"Hahahahaha....catch me if you can."

.........

Several more days passed and Zhou Jinhai continued to do the menial, back breaking labor he always did. Collecting the shit of the villagers to feed the pigs, collection more shit for the fields, tending to the crops his family had sown , and bringing the lunch to his brother who cut and processed huge blocks of rock for who knows what. When he saw the tired figure of his older brother breaking and cutting rock he was somewhat less indignant about his labor, but he didn't want ' collecting shit' to be his main job.

' Ah, better to be the turd of a dragon than the smallest in the family.....shit....

Zhou Jinhai finished feeding the pigs and went to the well to refresh himself.  With a plop the wooden bucket fell in the well and Jinhai begun to slowly drag it up until the bucket was almost over the edge of the stone well. Jinhai hadn't stopped because he was tired or because the bucket was heavy, but because a slithering mass of darkness was inside the bucket he had just drawn.

"Ahhh...

He didn't even have time to scream as it launched itself towards him, and bit him in the right arm. First, Zhou Jinhai felt like numerous small hot needles pierced his skin and then he felt chilling coldness flow through it.His mind hadn't grasped the situation yet, but he knew he was in trouble.

4