Trial and Error 1
42 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the next month Jinhai and Nie prepared for their plan , and it was as crazy as Jinhai had guessed. Nie was in fact inspired by a sentence of Jinhai's which was no more than the theory of evolution by which all living organisms adapted to the environment they lived and their habits. This comment sparked an avalanche of thought in Nie's restless mind , and finally subsided when Jinhai was bit by the Blue Fang snake and survived.

This occurrence sparked a thought in Nie who was very interested in the flora and fauna of this world, not only because he was being trained by his father to be an apothecary, but because it brought him joy in discovering unknown things. Jinhai was very sure he would have been considered a genius in his old world, but here he was just the son of an apothecary in a village.

........

In the desolate side of the village Jinhai and Nie were intensely focused on a book.

"Jinhai, if the word's you said are true, and I suspect they are , the way to train without a Martial Manual is possible, but not walked upon" said Nie as he was looking at the book depicting the meridians and energy nodes in the human body." Usually a human uses a set of movements depicted in the Martial Manual for year's to develop his Vital Qi and enhance his flesh, bones, marrow and organs to become superhuman, but that is only for humans.....

"But not for beast's, is it?"

Nie gave a sideways glance at Jinhai's face, and Jinhai definitely noticed as he smiled."You didn't think I would have come up with this on my own?"

"I had my doubts, but....

"Tch, it's even more insulting now, but I get it. If you don't really think about it you really can't get a decent conclusion, but if you ask the right questions you can definitely understand." calmly said Jinhai as he faced Nie with a smug look " We know for a fact that the beast's don't have the intelligence to cultivate until they reach a certain stage , but they still manage to accumulate Vital Qi. If it isn't effected by the environment, then.....

"It's exactly as you said. The beast have adapted in such a way that the way they live their life is their cultivation. The 'Dao' is said to be the most important thing in cultivation , but it seems that humans have distanced themselves from it in favor of intelligence. Well, I guess if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be having so much fun right now."

"Heh....

"Anyway, as you said the beast's don't cultivate as humans , and the way almost all Martial Manual's imitate the motion of animals to circulate the Qi inside their bodies ro increase the volume of it and temper the body confirms this."

"But we're not aiming for this are we?" said Jinhai and he laid on his back and rubbed his sore eyes. Reading was not something this body was used to, but he was still grateful that even though there wasn't a real school like in his old world , all people from age 8 to 15 learned to read and write.

" Indeed, that is exactly the point of this, and we're very lucky to have obtained the blood core of the Blue Fang snake. Together with the right herbs , the right dosage, and the right preparation, I'm certain it will work."

"Well, if it doesn't work the only other option is that I will die." nonchalantly said Jinhai making Nie freeze , but he didn't say anything as that was really a possibility. Messing with the Qi balance of a person wasn't recommend , and messing with it to the extent they were going to attempt was definitely forbidden, but their minds were set.Nie was ambitious and wanted to leave his name in the books other apothecaries like himself would study for centuries to come, and Jinhai didn't want to be a villager working the land forever, only to be married to a village girl and grow old as a normal human in this magical world. Only the thought of power made his heart flutter, so why wouldn't he take this opportunity?

...............

Day's passed quickly and more than four months passed in the blink of an eye , also autumn came. During these months Jinhai and Nie didn't idle by and had begun experimenting , Jinhai being the test subject of course. 

Firstly Jinhai indulged in food bought by Nie and trained his body to the best he could so he could handle the next stage which was ' Qi Tolerance'. Then Jinhai was injected with low amounts of Yin Qi directly to his Yang meridians, and Yang Qi to his Yin meridians. In paper it sounded simple, but the amount of Qi injected was very crucial, or it would result in bad consequences. Fortunately they weren't hasty and Jinhai coupled with a stronger body and a lot of trials finally arrived at the point he wanted to be, so they decided to take it to the final level.

Inside an abandoned barn of the village Jinhai who was now a couple cm taller and Nie who had somewhat longer hair were talking around a 1,5m tall and 1,5m wide wooden tub." Are you sure you're ready? We could wait a little while longer if you wish." said Nie who was preparing his golden needles, only to be met with a scoff from Jinhai.

"Yeah, and to ruin your fun? Never in a million years I tell you." jokingly said Jinhai as he undressed and got into the tub filled with water. The water was neither cold nor warm to the touch, but Jinhai wasn't paying it any attention.

4