Undercurrents 1
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the golden wheel spun slowly Jinhai started to feel a little anxious about it , but was also anticipating it's results. During the last two years he had somewhat understood the golden wheel was used for, but mystery and fear still surrounded it.

In the past two years the wheel had appeared in front of Jinhai two more times, and unlike the first time, it didn't move by itself, staying unmoving. Only by gathering his courage for months and with a little liquid courage booster he finally decided to use the golden wheel again, willing it to spin, and spin it did. It moved slow and quiet as the numerous geometrical patterns shifted inside it , and only when a balance was found it stopped. At first Jinhai was expecting a snake to appear out of nowhere and  bite him, but that didn't happen. In fact even after a couple of days and months nothing happened, but the change he wal looking for had already happened and was continuing to happen, albeit slowly. Unbeknownst to Jinhai or Nie , Jinhai had somehow had the luck that less than one in 100 cultivators would have. 

If you normally cultivated with a Martial Manual, the imitating moves of animals performed were not only to rile up the Qi of the body, but also cause changes to the users body. If someone who trained in a Martial Manual which imitated the moves of a tiger , in the muscle tempering stage there was a possibility of increased muscle mass and endurance beyond the limit without even training. If someone used a Martial Manual using the moves of a turtle during his organ purification stage there was a possibility for increased lung capacity, increased vigor and decreased metabolism.These changes were rare and not completely understood by people of this world, but they existed, and Jinhai had experienced one of these changes. For who knows what reason during his 'muscle tempering stage' the ability of Jinhai to contract and retract the muscles in his limbs faster than normal had manifested. He could punch faster and kick faster than he had before, something that wasn't very useful in a normal life, but in a battle it was very effective.

...........

Jinhai opened his eyes with a strange look on his face. As he was still facing at the wooden ceiling, he couldn't help but notice a little hole less than one cm wide on it, and spoke his thoughts out loud "Hmmmmm..... that's a little strange. Nie, is that normal?" pointed Jinhai at the hole on the ceiling and Nie immediately looked up. At first Nie had a displeased look on his face expecting a joke, but as he looked at the ceiling, he also saw the hole.

"Hmmm.....it should be the absence of some nail on the floor, nothing serious I presume. I'll make sure the servants fix it before tomorrow comes."

"Oh, okay then." absentmindedly answered Jinhai"  So then , when are we getting to eat something, I'm starving my ass off as I sit here. Is there a kitchen here or something?"

"Unfortunately it's shouldn't be in function at the moment." said Nie as he got up from his seat " Still, even if that is the case we can head to one of the many food stalls of this great city. Meat, vegetables, sweet's, everything you may want is in this city."

*Bam*

Jinhai slammed his hand hard on the table as he also got up. " Good, great, and I'm guessing that boss is going to treat me to these dishes? It's his city after all."

"Hmph, enough joking, let's get out of here."

"Heh, as you say boss!"

And so Jinhai closely followed Nie, staying only two steps behind him, but his focus was not on the crowded streets of this great city, but on the way Nie had clasped his hands behind his back. The left hand was clutching his right which was a closed fist, meaning not to say anything out of the ordinary and follow him.

Seeing this Jinhai's eyes narrowed and his ears perked up, but he didn't show anything outward and calmly followed Nie on a small tour of different food stalls, the huge southern market, and then finally at the second floor of a tea shop where they sat to relax as they sipped on high quality tea. 

"So, I guess you haven't brought me here to enjoy the tea, did you?"calmly questioned Jinhai as he sipped his tea. The corner table they were sitting on was only big for the two of them, though they were expecting some company.

"It would be great if I did. Unfortunately this is not that time, and it seems we got some company. I think you have also noticed that someone is following us , haven't you?"

"Heh, I would be stupid if I said I haven't. Even though neither of us have any good detection skills, the two of them stick out immediately. " Jinhai snickered " So, what is the next move? We go back to the house like good little boys, or are we making a move?"

Nie though about Jinhai's word's as he finished his tea, numerous scenarios unfolding in his head, and he came to a decision as he rubbed his brow "Haaaa....as much as I want to end this, we can't make any hasty moves as it may as well backfire on us.  We go home for now."

"Tch, so it's good boy's then. And I finally thought we were going to have some fun."

"Stop complaining!"

"Fine~

3