Undercurrents 3
24 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiaoli's word's seemed to reverberate in the room as all the others looked at him in disbelief. Mo Han narrowed his eyes at this statement as his tone changed to a more menacing one 

"You object? For what reason do you do so brother? It the agreement not to your liking?"

"Something like that." answered Xiaoli who wasn't deterred by Mo Han's demeanor, and continued to stare straight at him. " With all due respect , older brother Han, I'm not trying to make it more difficult for you, but this deal is not sutiable for me as I'm looking to sell everything I received on the will. 

Of course I wouldn't sell it to an outsider, and there is no one more sutiable that one of you four."

It took a few seconds for the four of them to comprehend the meaning of Xiaoli's words, but then they all understood. Their eyes shined with greed as they looked at their siblings and knew that the one to acquire Xiaoli's part would be the new head.

*Click Click*

The sound of Mo Jin's golden rings rubbing against each other was heard, soon followed by the hurried flapping of Mo Xue's floral decorated fan. Meng on the other side gritted his teeth as he didn't say anything, and Han looked at Xiaoli with a strange look.

"I didn't expect such a decision, but I can't blame you for it, brother" solemnly said Han as he looked at Xiaoli " Being banished by father was indeed drastic and I've been against it, but alas! You have indeed suffered, brother Xiaoli."

"Maybe..... maybe time has healed most of the pain, but there are even things that even time is useless and against."

"Indeed..... unfortunately it has come to this. So then, are you completely sure you will sell your part of the Mo family properties and business, and who are you selling it to?"

Xiaoli leaned forward and slowly spoke "I'm sure, and I'll of course sell it to you big brother Han, but only on the condition of you treating the other brothers and sister equally. You will not undermine their business, and you will help them in time of need."

They all looked at each other for a moment, and as no one seemed to disagree with Xiaoli's words, Han nodded."That.....is acceptable."

..............

Back at the mansion Nie and Jinhai were lazying around as they waited for Xiaoli to return. They had to wait about a couple of hours for him to return and Nie went to tell his father about what had happened. Meanwhile Jinhai sat in the darkness as he thought about what would happen now.

He had already invoked the power of the golden wheel, and one way or another shit was going to hit the fan for him. By what he had learned, the wheel would bring into him fortune, but only at the expense of a hurdle. What it was was unknown, but Jinhai didn't stay idle. Fearing he may be attacked in his sleep, he blocked the door from opening by putting a piece of wood at the bottom, closed the window tightly, and of course brought a dagger with him to bed. That night was a restless one for him as he was expecting anything to happen, but nothing came to be and morning came like normal. 

"Haaaaaaaa...." Jinhai stretched his body to remove his tiredness and went to wash his face, but on the way he meet Nie who seemed to have slept worse than him. His face seemed somewhat pale and his eyes bloodshot, but he didn't seem hurt in any way.

 "Woa, you look like you've been up all night. What happened?" exclaimed Jinhai, making Nie look at him with his tired eyes.

"A lot...a lot has happened. Father's move was out of my expectations and very drastic, so much so that everything is twisted." said Nie as he rubbed his temples to clear his mind to no avail. The dark circles around his eyes also didn't tell a good story. Seeing the state of Nie Jinhai did the only thing he could, offering to listen."So, you want to eat something? Maybe you can also tell me about what happened?"

"Mhhm....I really need something to fill my stomach." agreed Nie as he finally felt the hunger"  Alas, if things could be fixed with a good meal it would be great. Shit....

.............

As they were Jinhai and Nie left the mansion in the early morning and headed towards the bustling market. There they engulfed by the ever growing  crowd of people who bought everything you could imagine; from fruit's, cloth, spices, livestock, kitchen utensils, different woodworks, and even some jewelry, but they weren't interested in any of it besides food. They located a certain stall which had some kind of meat skewer and devoured each three servings of them. This of course raised their spirit a bit as they continued to tour the other places in the market, and soon they arrived at a place that sold exotic animals. Most of them were colorful birds and different kind of lizards, nothing peculiar so they were about to go when the owner of the stall stopped them.

"Respected sir's, it seems you are interested in this one's merchandise? Do you care to take a better look?" said the about thirty years old owner, and Jinhai stopped in his track's. He looked at his smiling face and also begun to smile. He gave a sideways glance at Nie and saw he didn't mind so he agreed "Sure, why not? If you really have anything interesting, I'll definitely by it."

"Certainly, certainly! My shop may not be the best, but I'm somewhat confident. I have a good number of exotic species in my shop for you to choose from."

"Oh, we shall see about that." smilingly said Jinhai as he proceeded to ask the shop owner questions for the next half hour. The poor owner of course didn't dare to not entertain Jinhai's questions, only cursing inside as he found such a talkative one today.

3