Chap 2: Av(s)M
85 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[atman pov]

Hearing some noise my eyes opened. like normal days people are starting to work their job in the morning. yawning I looked at the clock. The time is 6.20 am.

'they sure do work early, huh~, good for them'.just like always my morning routine is to close my eyes and sleep again. this is too early to wake up. 'Good ni…morning'

At 10.00 am I wake from sleep. I really had a good sleep. I was having a terrible dream but when I feel mother singing in the dream ended it and because of her fairy-like voice, I had a really good sleep.

it is really amazing how she changes the sad dream into a peaceful one.

'can you guess what I dream about? well, in a dream I see.'

one father bastard turns his daughter into the experiment object and a really good father dies leaving his small daughter and wife alone.

'Let's not think about sad stuff. Yah'

Getting up from his bed goes to take a bath where a maid has prepared a bath which he likes in freshwater as the weather is perfect for it at this time of year.

After the bath, he wears clothes with an old maid that takes care of his clothes. Looking red in a t-shirt that matches his hair on it I have blue jeans like a jacket and pants. How it is here I don't know.

He goes out into the hall to have breakfast.

Today he is having toasted bread with elven tea unlike yesterday when he slept so late that could not have breakfast.

his life is very relaxing with his mother who is worried about his health so he can sleep late in the morning. no servant wakes him up when comes to check in his room.

his aunt did bug him into waking up in the early morning but he always gets away from that. she likes to annoy him.

After eating he goes to his mom's workplace to meet her. he did not see her yesterday.

he will go there to spend some time with his mother. his aunt is in charge of guarding while his mother mostly does administrative work. his aunt is away for some work that he did not know about. for other family members, he did not have an idea.

His family is in charge of this city. it is the biggest city around this area that is as large as a big country on earth.

Other cities around are maintained by subordinate families. this is their zefay territory. The other 5 territories are managed by other families and some are under the control of the 4 largest academies.

so he basically a prince. After he comes to the big palace where his mother manages the city and territory affair. at the entrance hall, he is greeted by guards who late him.

"Good day young master, what can I do for you ?," the receptionist greeted me when I entered the palace.

whenever some call me like that I feel like I am a young master in a Chinese novel. they are weak, arrogant, hot-watered people who think can kill god with a slap and get every beauty for them.

in end away face is slapped by the main character and gets their fiance stolen.

I may be weak but at least I am not like them who behave or act without thinking.

I'm getting sidetracked here. with a slight nod and smile, I spoke "Where is my dear mother? I want to meet her if my mother is free," cringy but that's what I learn from the class.

"Well wait a moment, please" she just activated an orb for communication that channel to a secretary of my mother, Tisha Eldan.

As the name suggests, elvan women like all elves have the same surname eldan because they believe all elves are born from the world tree, Yggdrasil.

They live in their separate realm. as they are a secluded race that likes their peace. so reception using this communication artifact that looks like an orb telepathically asked ms. Tisha about me.

"Young master, at the moment lady zefay seems to be occupied with meeting and might have some time for you to meet her ladyship."

"No problem, I can wait, I will go myself to the wait room.no need to escort me" saying that  I walked ahead as I knew my way around here.

You can see people working as I reach the waiting room for guests. Their butler served me refreshments as I sat on the sofa.

After some time the servant told me I could meet my mom. I get up to go to my mom's room. there outside I see ms.tisha and some servants were there with two people that are living with unhappy faces.

as they left I was in front of the room I can hear ms.tisha talking about how finally the insect had left. I can see an unpleasant look on her face that turned to a normal professional look as she saw me arriving.

"ma'am is waiting for you," she said as opened the door for me to enter.

[general pov]

a gorgeous blue-haired lady of nobleness – who just might shoot an arrow through your heart with just a look. She certainly gives off the vibe of a sassy noble lady, with her fur collar and light pearl accessories.

in dark blue flapper dress that matches a coat-like top with fur and her short neck length silky dark blue hair with bright blue ends. She sits there working with her gem-like azure green on the computer like a holographic screen on a table with some pepper on it.

When she heard the door open again, she looked to see if the one that came was the same one she expected to come. after all work, she did not wish other work to do. She was right as a ten-year-old child came inside.

A bright and lovely motherly smile came on her face. her persona changed a bit but sure she became more charming.

Looking at Atman walk in she stops working and takes a break. He walked to her mom and hugged her. "Good morning mom ".Lady takes the child in her arms and kisses his cheeks. "Good morning baby, so why are you here, do you miss me?"

"Yeah, you should not work so much, it's not good for your health," Atman said in a sweet caring voice to show her concern. "Aww, how caring but you don't need to worry about it. how are you feeling? did you sleep well"

They both sit on sofas that are in front of the table for meeting guests there. "I did sleep well". Just as they were talking about each other's day Tisha walked in with tea and snacks for them to eat.

[atman pov]

As the mood was good, I decided to ask about swords and magic training. "Mom, you know that I am old enough to learn magic and sword, and these days I am feeling good too, can I start learning it?".I look into my mom's eyes to see my pleading expression.

With puppy eyes, I pleaded. "Mom, please''.My mother looked at my eyes and then drank tea with closed eyes.

as she was thinking for while my hope got up but she opened her eyes. "No, I think we already talked about it," she said, crushing my hope.

there I was thinking this is going to work.

"... but I want to become strong to became, yeah to protect my family !" I tried to make some bullshit to get what I want.

"How sweet, is that you want me to tell you, hah, kids this day, where did you hear this huh. This will not work on me "

"I really …"  I tried to talk but she bit me.

"Listen to me, for our family I woke up in the morning to sit in this room all day. You don't need to do stupid things and hurt yourself. When you talk like that I'm tempted to call your teacher and make you study all day. if you are free please do tell me".

She trashed me hard. Sweat formed on my head as I tried to think of how to answer this.

"Mom, I think you are b..blackmailing me."

"Oh, you already know about blackmail? you will become a great scholar if we …"

" I want to go to eat. I am really hungry, it's already afternoon" This conversation is not going in a good way for me. I need to change it.

I will lure her with lunch as the time is right. some times I scare myself with how smart I am, haha!

"Mom, let's have lunch together ?" seeing her son's hard effort to pull back, she decided to leave the matter "fine, let's go ". success! 

"Tisha, I am going to have lunch with my son. take care of the place, will you? okay"

"Okay, ma'am ". Tisha said while walking us out.

she said a few words as we left.

"We can go home or to a restaurant to eat. where do you want to go? "

"let's go out to eat, I miss that restaurant aunty's cook  " I am in the mood to eat out.

0