Chapter 2 : To Hell with The World!!
372 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the course of the next 18 months, Gaizen endured a harrowing array of psychological and physiological torments, encompassing the full spectrum of human cruelty. Amidst the anguish, Gaizen eventually yielded to the relentless pressure, admitting to the grave crime of murdering 26 individuals, among them his sole remaining relative and even his own grandmother. His journey through this ordeal culminated in a courtroom appearance on that very same day, his body marred by scars, his mind fractured beyond recognition for a 16-year-old.

 

Yet, as the trial unfolded, a stark absence of empathy pervaded the room. Neither his tender age nor the physical remnants of his torment evoked any compassion. Each set of eyes he met mirrored the cold, detached gaze he had grown accustomed to – a sea of faces devoid of joy. They resembled a flock of sheep, shepherded by an emotionless guide. As he faced this insurmountable tribunal, a muffled exhalation slipped from his lips, “To hell with the world!”

 

The judgment rendered was unequivocal: 28 years of incarceration, without the possibility of parole. Stripped of legal representation and denied the chance to voice his perspective, he confronted a lopsided battle. A quarter of a century behind bars stretched before him, a void where hope flickered faintly.

 

Emerging from prison’s confines after the passage of those long 28 years, Gaizen’s heart yearned for the tranquility that had eluded him for so long.

Unfortunately, Gaizen's hope for a peaceful life would not easily be realized. The 28 years he spent in prison served as a breeding ground for resentment, anger, and a twisted sense of justice. The psychological and physiological torture he had endured had left a lasting impact on his mind, leaving him disillusioned with society and harboring deep-seated hatred towards those who had neglected his plea for empathy.

Upon his release, Gaizen found himself faced with the daunting task of reintegrating into society. The scars on his body acted as a constant reminder of the torment he had endured, further fueling his resentment. But he was determined to rise above the darkness that had consumed him for so long.

However later on that day mainstream media advocated the spread of his face on not only the national news, but it turned out even other news channels around the world suddenly held this information within days, which included his release, the things he did, his family, where he lived even down to the color of his socks. People far and wide came to the prison he was being released from.

That day people knew who he was…many people. Because of it there were crowds upon crowds of people surrounding the prison which blocked him from coming out even one foot.

As if he was in a movie of his own he could hear chants like 'Morales killer stay in there and face justice!' and 'Mentally insane should be burnt to dust with shame!'  or even ' Take one foot out and we'll kill your heartless ass! '. Even the guards itched to pull the trigger but not at the thousands of people in-front of the penitentiary rioting, but at the one man who was behind them.

He would soon be escorted out and driven into another state to then be dropped off on the street-wished good luck and to survive on his own. Having no other options he had to turn to the dark side of society for a job of some kind, because he needs to eat somehow. So he chose to dispose of dead bodies.

Gaizen sought therapy and counseling, it was too much on his mental as he was desperately trying to make sense of the trauma he had experienced even before and to regain some semblance of normalcy.

But even the counselor couldnt deal with him as he was yelled at and ridiculed to be a hypocrite and yet the scars on his body were visible to all, serving as a constant reminder of his troubled past. People who too worked with the bodies would stare, judge, and ostracize him, perpetuating the cycle of isolation and bitterness he had grown accustomed to.

Without a support system or any guidance, Gaizen was left to navigate the complexities of life on his own. Employment opportunities were scarce, as employers were hesitant to hire someone with such a dark history. Even when he managed to find work, the stigma and prejudice followed him, making it difficult for him to rebuild his life.

Gaizen's mental state deteriorated further as he battled with severe post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and feelings of isolation. He dreamt of a peaceful life, but it seemed like an unattainable fantasy. The nightmares of his past tormented him, making it nearly impossible to sleep without waking up in a cold sweat. He tried drugs but it didn't help at all, it only soothed his body, not his mind.

Getting addicted to some of the drugs he did wasn't even an option, it was like he was immune to such things. He tried acid (LSD) in high dosages to end his pain. But every time he tried the acid it wouldn't affect him mentally as his body would be the only one being harmed by it. As for example, when one takes acid they would have an experience similar to that of a dream, but not Gaizen, he tried other drugs to not be sober but the only reason he went to drugs isn't happening, not even a slight feeling.

His brain was deteriorating so he thought that he could finally die, but soon he would begin to become immune to it and following up after his body would be healing. Defeated he tried a more direct approach, death by hanging.

He was ready this time, no more pain nor torment. He got the noose, went to a tree deep in the woods. He got on a ladder to finish the job but, when he finally tied the rope around his thin neck, he sighed and kicked the ladder, but the ladder never fell.

He started to tear up asking himself why it isn't working? When you kick a ladder, especially in Gaizen's situation you're going to use a lot of force to do that, usually the ladder would've fallen to the floor and his soul would either fall or rise.

But the damn ladder didn't budge, imagine kicking a hallowed out door and not seeing your foot go through it, it's that odd. The reason why that happened was because the day before he set out to do his thing it rained hard, and the area where he tried to hang himself was muddy. Unknowingly when he set the latter in the mud it was sinking into the ground being stable enough to not be nudged.

Gaizen looking at the sight sighed a weary sigh and gave up the gentle approach, lets burn in fire this time. It's more painful but compared to drowning, it's a sure way to die.

He would choose water but he was nowhere near a big body of water, and if he tried to use a pool, he would expect the water to drain or it would take too long. Overall he expected something bad to happen. He went to an abandoned home which was empty ans quite spacious, it might've been a drug house before, with some gasoline and a match where he poured the entire jug on him, lit the match, and awaited death. Now- when you're on fire and you don't feel on fire, there's only one thing you can say, God is doing something.

In a pit of rage he lifted his arm slowly to the sky giving it a middle finger for 1 hour while cussing, still on fire. All hope for anything was officially gone, he has no one to blame but the existence of a higher being toying with him for its own amusement, that's the only logical answer to his situation. 

His job, which is to decompose bodies, he would see both young and old, even a fetus is common to see in his share of bodies he stuffs in either a furnace or a vat of flesh eating acid.

 

Children's bodies would come to him with bone, flesh, or simply the genitals removed, so were his day to day life. In his day to day life he would wake one day feeling odd, he went to work as usual with his face entirely covered so that no one would recognize him, not that it did any good but him having his face covered relieved some stress if any at all and to block the horrid stench coming from the bodies. Soon lord behold one of the bodies he came across in a pile of hundreds were somehow belonging to his grandmothers.

Tears he held inside came out like a waterfall, finally letting go. He put the body inside of a body bag and instantly drove to his old house where it was abandoned, passing by his old life left him with good and bad memories of it. He parked the car and took the body out of the trunk.

He took a shovel and went behind the broken down house with overgrown vines and bushes, covering the house and front gate, and into the backyard where memories lost were found once again….he then climbed up the mountain, remembering how hard it was taking the both of them up there when he was a kid. He walked to the edge, dropped her down and started digging the grave whilst digging, him crying was happening even more so when he found her but it took no time at all to finish digging, grabbing her body, and burying it.

Sighing, he sits down besides his grandmother's burial sight. He opens a can of beer

(Gaizen) ¨ ….I did It grandma….I made your wish come true…¨

But the burying of his grandmother was all but a dream, oh how cruel fate can truly be.…because when he woke up he was on the streets holding a liquor bottle in one hand and his amulet in the other. The amulet he was lucky to find back at his old home.

(Gaizen) “…The same dream, huh? Why… why… why!! Why, God?! What have I done to deserve this torture? All I want is to find peace after enduring what you allowed to happen to me. But I can’t even find solace in death! I despise you! To hell with ya!”

 

As Gaizen’s anguished cries echoed through the night, a familiar figure emerged from the shadows. It was his only friend in the world, Shijah.

Her face was young, almost as if she was in her mid 20's. She had a coke bottle-like body with her hair having the same tint of green in her predominately orange hair last time he saw her. It was curled up and flowing down to her waist. Her eyes sparkling with a confidence only those who can walk off a cliff's edge can have. Her face had no wrinkles and no blemishes, same with the rest of her body. She wore a simply short skirt with a dressing shirt which was pink in color. 

She wore white leggings as her shoes were a designer the world hadn't seen yet, on her plump lips wore pink lipstick and on her eyes black eyeliner. She had these strange emerald green eyes as when looking into them you could get lost within them. And her skin was close often mistaken as carmel as when you compare her skin and actual caramel, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Its softness was similar to a newborns just out of the mothers womb, as a simple touch would make any man fall in love with it. Most would call her a beauty that only a god could have but to Gaizen, it felt like nothing to him

 

(Shijah) “Oh, Gaizen! Hey, old friend. How have you been? It’s been what, 28 years? Quite a stretch of time! Sigh...”

 

Shijah’s face lit up with a wide grin her plump lips formed into, her words carrying an air of nonchalance. Gaizen gazed into her eyes, recognizing a familiarity that he struggled to accept.

 

(Gaizen) “…How can you not know…”

 

(Shijah) “Huh? Know what?”

 

Shijah’s voice carried a sweet tone, her head tilted coyly.

 

(Gaizen) “…How could you not be aware of…?”

 

(Shijah) “I don’t understand. What are you talking about?”

 

A playful innocence coated Shijah’s words, though Gaizen’s suspicions couldn’t be quelled.

 

(Gaizen) “…How can you be oblivious about what happened to me over the years? Haven’t you seen the news? About my grandmother? About me?! Aren’t you wealthy enough to have been informed even a inkling on what had happened for decades?? Why didn’t you—wait a minute… it’s you!!”

Gaizen's eyes turned wide, a sudden thought so unbelievable came to him so he shouted it out unconsciously, but didn't know if it was true or not, but the look on Shijah's face was all he needed to have as confirmation. Her head tilted down as her face became dull, her eyes turned solid and as cold as ice almost instantly

(Shijah) “…”

 

(Gaizen) “Heh… HAHAHA!! Un fucking believable, it was you all along! You orchestrated my suffering! You killed my grandmother and those innocent people! You manipulated me like a pawn right? But now it’s time for you to pay!”

 

Struggling to stand due to his body being numb, soon becoming restored, Gaizen made a desperate attempt to rise. Yet, Shijah swiftly forced him back onto the ground with a kick to the head, a triumphant smile gracing her lips. Gaizen stared up, his bewilderment evident.

 

Shijah remained silent, her smile fading slightly as she averted her gaze. Her eyes twitched, revealing a hint of guilt beneath the veneer of confidence. Gaizen looked up in confusion, still having a numb feeling he couldn't get up right away 

(Gaizen) “You knew… you knew all along, didn’t you? You were aware of what they did to me, the accusations, and still, you chose silence. You abandoned me.”

 

Anger and sorrow mingled in Gaizen’s trembling voice, sitting slowly and uncorridinated,  the weight of the injustice pressed heavily upon him. To discover that his closest ally was the architect of his torment was a betrayal beyond measure and a feeling of pain no man could settle peacefully with.

 

(Shijah) “Gaizen, I… I was lost. I didn’t know how to help. Fear and confusion held me back, and I didn’t know how to face you after everything.”

 

Shijah’s voice cracked, revealing her own pain and remorse.

 

(Gaizen) “Fear? Confusion? The fu...Are you tryna mock me? You stand here, untouched, undefiled while I endured unspeakable agony and was discarded like shit! They robbed me of everything, and you played a role in it! Now you waltz in as if nothing happened? Are you broken inside? Do you think you can manipulate me with some half-assed guilt?”

 

Gaizen’s frustration surged, tears welling in his eyes due to anger. His outburst drew the attention of others, their curiosity piqued.

 

(Shijah) “No, Gaizen, it’s not like that. I’ve faced my own demons, my own battles. It wasn’t easy for me either. But I never forgot you, and I never stopped caring.”

 

Shijah’s voice trembled, her words laden with sincerity. Gaizen finally getting up but slowly started twitching in rage

 

(Gaizen) “Caring? Is that your attempt to atone for what I endured? To compensate for the stolen years, the agony, the trauma? How could you stand by, Shijah? Damn you, I entrusted you with my life, and this is how you repay me?”

 

Gaizen’s voice escalated, a blend of resignation and regret surfacing. Onlookers turned their heads toward the escalating confrontation.

 

(Shijah) “I’m sorry, Gaizen. Truly, I am. I made a grave mistake. But I’m here now, and I want to support you, to help you. I can’t erase the past, but I can stand by you now. I-i love you Gaizen...”

 

As tears streaked down Shijah’s face her voice suddenly got softer as she reached out, seeking to touch Gaizen’s trembling hand. He recoiled, pushed to his limit. With a fervent drive, he lunged to choke the life out of the friend turned traitor. Two burly men intervened, armed with a pistol they used to strike Gaizen down by pounding his head in, sending him crashing to the ground in pain.

 

Suddenly, Shijah’s expression transformed into one of seductive satisfaction. Gaizen’s confusion deepened as he spotted the crazed faces Shijah was making, in his mind he questioned just what kind of evil did he commit that he gotta be involved in whatever Shijah is. Shijah approached, leisurely rubbing her throat as if relishing the sensation. She walked to Gaizens side slowly

 

(Shijah) “Heh, the entertainment was simply delightful. Watching you unravel brought me immense pleasure. Your screams were like a symphony, accompanied by the innocent laughter of children. Your agony became my amusement, a melody I danced and twirled to. I even recorded it, a lullaby for my sleep. And your grandmother’s passing… oh, I noticed the amulet you had when you were arrested. A memento I decided to keep, leaving a replica in its place. And her remains? I graced her with the brilliance of white phosphorus. Such a fitting end, considering your demise was my design.”

 

As Shijah’s chilling monologue continued, Gaizen’s confusion escalated. Her demeanor shifted with unnerving ease, now oozing seduction. She recounted her twisted acts, relishing every detail.

 

(Shijah) “And as for your prison sentence, I couldn’t resist leaving my mark. I paid the media to broadcast your face worldwide, ensuring everyone knew of your greatness. And the gift I gave you—the freedom to venture into the black market, you had to be useful so i arranged it for you to be working for my company's...lets just say unalive evidence. It’s all thanks to my boundless affection that you’re alive, my dear Gaizen.”

 

Her words oozed with an unsettling mixture of affection and malevolence, her eyes radiating a darkness that sent shivers through Gaizen’s core. As she bragged about her sinister deeds, which she oddly referred to as “God’s work,” she summoned her guards to position themselves behind him, one with a gun pointed at his head. However, her surprise grew as she found herself in a similar predicament, with a firearm aimed at her own head.

 

(Shijah) “What in the world are you fools doing!! Have you lost your minds?! If you pull that trigger on me, your entire existence will crumble, you bunch of fucking apes!!”

 

(Man1) “Heh, you think we’re unaware of that?! A helicopter is en route as we speak. Our mission is almost complete, to eliminate y-!”

 

Before he could finish, his partner lay sprawled on the ground, and Gaizen sprinted toward him, a gun leveled at him.

 

(Man 1) “Wait! Wait!! I can be of assistance!! Don’t you want to rid the world of this wretch?! I can help! I can help!”

 

The man said yelling with his hands up in the air. Gaizen fixed a menacing glare on Shijah, then turned it back to the man, his eyes simmering with a long-suppressed rage.

 

(Gaizen) “…Speak quickly and don’t waste my time! I'm ready to end this shit TODAY!!!”

His voice roared with a mix of suppressed anger and pain as he looked into the eyes of Charles while aiming at Shijah, who stepped back a little.

(Charles) “Alright, our organization is the Raizen Corporation—the same ones responsible for the universe research rumors! The company that this witch is from is called the Optuu Corporation, they are the culprits who plundered our research. We can easily take care of your revenge by partnering to dismantle her company through her demise! Her father wields significant power, making it impossible for you to act alone! We know of the things you went through, we both want this devil gone. But without protection and setup, we can easily fall due to them being close to 24 world wide governments, and we would die either way.”

 

(Gaizen) “…..So I can’t simply put a bullet through her… head….you know what, I intend to savor your suffering!! I would kill you now, but you deserve pain worse then a simple bullet through your head!”

 

Just as he was about to aim at her leg, a helicopter descended from the sky, disgorging armored men equipped with heavy weaponry. Panic and pandemonium ensued, scattering everyone in the vicinity into further chaos.

 

(Charles) “Haha! Do you see now, ‘Shijah’ or should I say Shinzu!! Apprehend her, boys!”

(Shijah) "Humph! Alright, I've heard enough." 

She claps her hands four times slowly, setting off a chain of events that seemed as if swarms of ants were converging on their prey. A total of 246 snipers emerged from all directions, each equipped with laser sights.

 

(Gaizen) ".....Fuck… If I'm going to die, I might as well take you with me!"

He raises his gun, but a sniper's shot finds its mark in his head. Yet, to everyone's shock, he stands up again, uttering a few words, "I'll kill you, for my grandmother shall find no rest until I've accomplished what needs to be done..."

 

In a hushed tone, Charles commends Gaizen's resilience in getting up after being shot by a sniper.

 

(Charles) "Heh… He's got guts."

 

Donned in bulletproof gear, Charles confidently faces his men.

 

(Charles) "Alright, men, you know what we've prepared for. Ready, aim, fire!"

 

In that moment, an event destined to be etched into history unfolds. A renowned painter captures the scenes that would soon become famous, but that tale comes later. Bullets whiz by, piercing the air, puncturing flesh, and leaving holes in his chest and head. Gaizen's body moves as if it's in accordance with his dying wish.

 

(Shijah) “T-this! You lowlife fucker!! You won't go anywhere without me!! That's why I had to make you rely on me! So I had to kill your parents! And your grandmother!! I-i actually like you, more like love you, so I had to do whatever it took to get what I wanted – you, my husband..."

 

(Gaizen) ”...I'LL KILL YOU, YOU BITCH!!"

 

Undeterred, Gaizen charges forward, absorbing more shots. His leg is blown off, but he persists, crawling with his remaining strength. When his arms fail him, he uses his head to inch closer, until he finally sees her collapse in a pool of blood.

 

(Charles) “.....Heh, I got her!... So rest easy… Oh, and the name's Charles, Executor. May I have yours?"

 

As blood flows from his lips, Gaizen tries to speak his name, but his words are stifled by the crimson tide. He manages to utter his name through a gurgle.

 

(Gaizen) “ M-my n-name i-is Gaizen..”

 

In his final moments, Charles whispers something in Gaizen's ear. Gaizen, now visible to all, raises his middle finger defiantly towards the sky. And thus, he departs, not merely a hero, but a legend – a legend destined to ignite fires in the hearts of many passionate souls.

5