Chapter 14: Life and death
118 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Regina) "Well, you see, while he's fixing the body, the soul remains trapped inside. I can't remove it now. It's like mother is awake, enduring relentless punches that cause extreme stress and agonizing pain to her soul. It's as if we're slowly snuffing out her life while she's still conscious... so that's where I come in.

 

My role is to keep her soul calm while directly repairing it. The thing is...under normal circumstances, the soul would have left the body naturally to avoid experiencing the intense suffering of the vessel.

But in this case, I'm constantly forcing the soul back into the body because, if Soror can't fix it, mom's damaged soul... as fragile as it is... won't be able to exist without the body to keep mothers form. The beast somehow inflicted unimaginable damage on her soul with an insidious attack that went undetected even by us.

If I were to attempt to force the soul out now, the risks of breaking it and subjecting it to even more excruciating pain would be higher."

The group exchanged dismayed glances as Regina's teary eyes darted towards Soror as if looking for another way about this, but they both knew this was the only way. In the midst of the heavy silence, Elzaisis found the courage to voice a question.

 

(Elzaisis) " Um, cant you store mother's soul inside another body temporarily?" 

Regina looked down, her face a canvas of questions and uncertainty. She struggled to find a simple way to answer, her knowledge limited in the realm of soul manipulation.

(Regina) "Well... every soul is intricately linked to the body it inhabits. Mother’s soul is unique... her current body originally belonged to someone else in this world. Under normal circumstances, mother should have met her end by now. But somehow, her soul clings desperately to this little girl's body, as if it's being forced to occupy it. This arrangement makes it nearly impossible to transfer her soul into another vessel…least we risk killing mom-" 

*BANG!!*

The sound of Alexsis's sudden punch against a nearby wall shattered the tense atmosphere, startling Regina. She jumped, fear gripping her heart as she tried to make sense of the loud, anonymous noise that echoed through the room

The others turned into thought about the overall situation, many emotions like guilt and anger coming forth. Regina looked at her mother tearfully as she covered her hands over her face. Teddy in thought, broke the mournful silence

(Teddy) “ But thee wouldst barely holdeth on, t seemeth to me thee still barely knoweth thy pow'r, and mother's soul is too stout-”

(Regina) “ YES! Yes….your right Teddy…i can only hold onto her soul for a limited time, it would be close enough to endanger mother's life directly, since....” she said with annoyance in her voice as it drifted, putting both her shaky hands on her face again, covering her eyes in stress.

(Breeus) “ The question is, can Righteous hold on until then?”

(Righteous) “ Ye-yea i can….save mom first before me...”

She said with a quiet tone, her face getting pale and cold sweat surrounding her, she can be heard breathing heavier as the make-shift turna kit Soror made to stop the bleeding is beginning to have its use evacuated.

(Spirlunia) “ Bu...b-but you d-d...don't look g-g-g-good R-....Righte-ous!!”

Spirlunia said with a concerned look

(Alexsis) “ Tch! We need to save mom first and foremost, she can heal herself till then-”

(Teddy) “ WE saveth Righteous while we eke saveth mother, both needeth careth anon(now)!”

The room then started getting louder and louder, arguing who to save, who to go first and last. Bickering of whether it's Raiza, or Righteous. Until Righteous heard a weak voice, more girly than anything they ever heard before she yelled at the group to be quiet so that they could hear what Raiza was going to say.

(Raiza) “ You...bastards…save….Righteous….n...no one…..dies…on m-my watch!”

With a weak voice Raiza spoke barely audible words, most of what was heard was blood being chocked on and the gurgles. The room became quiet. With a quick swiftness Soror began treating Righteous legs with his expert surgery skills, filling in the muscle tissue and tendons with beast’s that had similar ones, fixing her legs in under 3 hours all while Righteous was conscious. Not even making a sound she toughed out the pain as what was left of her tendons were being pulled out, filled in and muscles stitched together, her leg straightened, seeing her own legs bleed pools of blood.

 

She glanced a little looking at the precision Soror was able to use as he was fixing her legs, seeing muscle fibers be stuffed in her legs and surgically fitted to be working with the rest of her body. It almost made her pass out from the sheer amount of pain she was in, but she held on.

The others quietly watched as Soror did his work on Righteous's legs, as if she wasnt injured in the first place, the skin had didnt have bruises, the muscle, bone and even nerve's was replaced and fitted in perfectly. They watched as he went from table to the tubes he held samples of the different inhabitants and took parts of the animals quickly and expertly and went to Righteous and worked on her like a car. Arenea asked if she could assist him from having to leave the table.

 

In a quick response he nodded and listed a plethora of numbers, words and tools at Arenea at once. Without hesitation she was able to grab them in quick succession as he was still listing the materials and tools he needed to be returned and to be brought to him. You wouldn't even be able to tell if she was even injured as much as she was before hand. They then prepared to treat Raiza, which took the most time.

(Teddy) “ Art thee sure thee can still wend on Righteous? Thy mana is about to be depleted!”

(Righteous) “ I-im ok! We need to save mom first!”

With much dedication she focused all of her being into her magic.

(Yokishoto) “....Save mom, Soror. Regina, we’ll be outside waiting.”

He then picked up Vedo on his shoulder and went up the stairs, Vedo throwing a thumbs up for good luck. The others followed Yokishoto  besides Arenea as she was able to give him tools he needed quickly since she knew the layout of the place pretty much like it was her own home now.

 

They all looked back at Raiza and Righteous, depressed and scared of the possibility that they might lose their mother and sister. Regina nodded towards them and Soror looked at them with a stern look, telling them through his look that he got this. They all came out of the lab and were now at the room they went into before going downstairs. They decided collectively that they should go out of the home.

(Alexsis) “ So what now? Do we just wait here?”

She asked in an arrogant way with her arms crossed.

(Elzaisis) “ Sigh….i guess so...”

He slouched on the bench they sat on. The others were in dead silence, thinking of what to do or what to say, until Vedo got up and started to go on the tallest fountain to speak a virtuous speech, that would help the current mood, until a flying creature, as big as a quetzal came and swooped him up in its claws. Its beak was long and thin and its head had a dull horn on top of its head. Even more came and started to fight over Vedo

(Vedo) “ H-Help!!”

He cried in a bland , nonchalant way. He wasnt really feeling anything from the bird-like creature

The others simply looked at the creatures in the air, then at each other, and then started to fight the creatures, releasing their pent up stress. Spirulina and Alexsis simply sat on the bench together and watched as the beasts were being massacred and Vedo being thrown around when one of the creatures died, then caught again by yet another creature. Alexsis turned around and looked at Spirulina, seeing how ghostly white her hair is, and how well, how pretty she was, which Alexsis simply admired for 1 second, before arrogantly saying with a sly smile,

' You sure are beautiful, huh? '

Spirulina stuttered like hell in embarrassment, which made Alexsis giggle and ask a question walking off to join the massacre, taking her daggers out

(Alexsis) “What are you going to do if mom isn't saved?”

As Alexsis was walking away, she flinched a little, feeling as if thousands of pins and needles were poking her back. She then turned around to Spirlunia who simply smiled back kindly. Alexsis shrugged it off and jumped up towards one of the creatures, tearing through its neck.

There was a small beast, similar to a rat but 3 inches bigger than a common rat, was sucked dry of blood. Spirlunia eyes glowed a bright golden/whitish color as she feasted on the very essence of the rat, mumbling clear words of hatred. After she finished her meal, she had a devilish, sadistic smirk run across her face.


(Soror) “ Ok, now that there gone Regina, i need you to be ready for mom-”

(Regina) “ I know! I know! Just hurry up, I can only do this for so long!”

(Soror) “ Sigh…alright Arenea stands back, this is going to get bloody. Huuuu….here we go.”

Arenea walked back far enough but not too far. He looked around, examining the tools necessary he would need, with a sigh he started to hastily unravel the body, blood, guts and some tendons started to untwin as Raiza’s body was being torn apart but reversed. Raiza tried to scream but couldn't since the pain was too great. All that could be heard was the gurgles of blood. Soror's eyes was frantic looking carefully at what needs to be taken cared for and what didn't, what peices of flesh was still usable and which wasnt needed.

(Soror) “ Righteous keep on healing! It's much more battered than I thought! Regina!! His soul get re-”

There they could see his soul coming out with a loud pitch scream, cries echoing across the lab.

(Righteous) “ Wha-what's happening? Why do we see mom's soul now!?!”

(Regina) “ It's because of how much pain mom’s in!! I-i got this!”

With a visible string as cold as the dreaded place called space, it went towards Raiza, with her hands out in a claw position, her arms stretched out like a zombie, she both healed and forced, the soul back into the body, seeing small tears within the soul, Regina then let out a weap of despair. For 48 hours, they pushed themselves to save their mom and dad.

 

Soror's hands were covered, in blood, exhausted and ravished from the loud yelling of his mom and dad. Arenea was there to clean off any of the excess blood there using her webs as a basket that soaked up the blood. The basket turned crimson red as she used hundreds of them

He was now laying still on the table, sleeping, well passed out from the pain.

Righteous, she went into mana depletion as soon as they were half down,  pushing her upper limits using her life force as a means to heal Raiza. She was now being treated by Teddy and Breeus in their labs.

 

Raiza, having both his organs torn and bones crushed to dust, obtaining some of beasts bones, tendons, muscle tissue, veins, artery's, parts of the brain, most of the skin on his lower part of the body, lungs, rib cages, chunks of the heart, parts of his skull, his whole femur, his phalanges and most of his nose, and his entire stomach and intestines was replaced by mainly 3 beasts that Soror was still studying, meaning he didn't exactly know what the beast was, what it’s anatomy, it’s behavior with other beasts, or how it survives in its ecosystem.

Raiza, for approximately 3-8 weeks, was in recovery. The 13 was checking in on him when they could, besides Righteous, who was still recovering from using her own life force to heal Raiza. 

(Raiza)“ Cough!! Ugggh, god damn it…..ugh it hurts….”,

He said as he woke up with a strain in his voice, barely letting out one. He then turned around in his bed, noticing his feet were brushing up against something similar to that of a fluffy, textured blanket of some sort. So he struggles to turn back around to then lift the covers, which was strenuous to do since his muscles were filled with lactic acid, and saw Regina curled in a ball directly underneath his feet, sound asleep.

Raiza)” What the? If you don't wake up!!”

His voice was broken and quiet. With all his might he tried to use his feet to kick Regina awake but to her, it was like a massage.

(Regina) “ Ummm….”

(Raiza) “

Using sound transmission magic, he forcefully woke her up

'WAKE UP!!'

With a loud thunderous voice he screamed at Regina, She then jumped up, looked around with her claws out scared as hell, almost on the brink of tearing up, only to see Raiza awake and making an angry face full of rage. Regina hates loud instant noises.

(Regina) “ M-MOM!!!! YOUR AWAKE!!”

She then goes and tackles Razia’s sore body, making him pass out from the pain he felt. The others heard Regina’s voice and soon stormed into the room with happiness all around…besides Raiza, who was now crushed by everyone hugging him. 

(Raiza) “ Ge-get off me dammit!!! I'm hurtin!!”

He said with a strained voice when he woke up to heavy weight on his body. They all quickly got off and lined up in a row in front of the bed.

(Raiza) “ Sigh…Regina come here”

(Regina) “ Yay!!”

With a quick jump she landed on the bed laying on Raiza's chest. Wearing a bright happy smile

(Raiza) “ Gimme your tail, I need to think right now…”

(Regina) “ O-oh ok!”

She then turned around and sat in a more lateral way, having her stomach sideways on Raiza's legs while on the bed and her back downwards as, leaving Raiza to get to her tail. Having a wide, joyous grin running across her face as her tail wagged left and right fast.

(Raiza) “ Teddy, update on our current situation please.”

He said with a stern voice. Teddy then walks upwards and then speaks in a blunt way.

(Teddy) “ Aye, food wise we anon has't a maj'r surplus of meat, we're anon running out of space to st're the rest of the meat, Vedo is still in the processeth of making an addition to the house, wh're the space wouldst beest wid'r, and m're spacious. ”

(Raiza) “ Hmmm, Vedo, what materials are you using for both the ceiling and walls?”

Teddy then steps back into the row that the group made, to show respect towards Raiza, and Vedo steps forward.

(Raiza)” ….S-someone picks him up, he's too short, i cant see his ass.”

Alexsis snickers a little, Arenea punched her arm signaling not to laugh. Breeus goes forward to pick him up, putting him down on the front of the bed frame, which has a flat base he can stand on.

(Vedo) “ Yes, the material I'm using is made from the bastion guards, the shell was hard to melt but with the intensive help from brothers Heathien and Breeus, it melted with ease. I mixed it with other metals like

*Indiemite and *Slandermite,

To then help it be molded in a way to cover wide areas. The metals are good for keeping the scent of fresh meat inside a closed room.

Vedo then looks towards Regina, who's in bliss from having her tail petted from Raiza’s soft yet small hands. Vedo then smiles warmly and gets down from the bed frame, and goes back to his position in the row.

(Raiza) “ Good! Good, you've done well Vedo, I'll check it when it's finished if that's aight?”

(Vedo) “ Its always a pleasure for mother to see my works, it's always ok!”

He said with a shaky voice, knowing the others are looking at him with the intent to punch him if he said no.

(Raiza) “ I see, I see…Breeus and Arenea.”

Raiza said with a stern voice, laced with sincerity.

(Arenea, Breeus) “ Yes mother?”

(Raiza) “ How is the invisible border around our territory holding up? Did anything irregular come once again?”

He said with a stern voice as he looked down at Regina's tail.

(Arenea) “ We have claimed much more territory while you were resting mother, Me, Yokishoto, Heathien and Breeus made sure of it. Nothing too dangerous we haven't seen yet has come, leaving us to freely take what we want.”

She said with a proud tone, taking a side glance at Alexsis as she sneered back at her.

(Breeus) “ Ahh, yes! One thing mother! Heathien here has something to tell you, about how irregular their movements were?”

Breeus said with a condescending look towards Heathien.

(Raiza) “ Hm? Well! Go on, tell me!”

Raiza said with a serious look, still focused on Regina's tail, who is now passed out from how good it feels.

(Heathien) "Yes.....the beasts in smaller size began to take over the territory of those uh...”

(Soror) “ Bastion, there called bastions you feeble child~”

Soror said with a smug face. Regina then woke up turning towards Soror who had then noticed she was staring at him. He tried to play it off but she still ended up launching a snowball at him, causing him to be knocked out cold.

(Heathien) “ Yea…..the bastions territory was gone due to the leaders death, so now the other beasts are taking it over mother, as if a free for all was inactive, they were killing each other off.”

Heathien said with a thrilled look, his voice laced with passion.

(Raiza) “ Hmmm, will they be a threat to us in the future?”

Raiza said with a curious tone, fluffing Regina's tail rigorously.

(Heathien) “ For now they are still occupied with the territory control, but in the near future they could be.”

Raiza looked down in thought for a while, leaving the room quiet.

(Raiza) “ Teddy, I need you to create a magic where it lets you see great distances, you got that? Ah, and a big shield, at which it covers our territory.”

Teddy stepped forward from the row with a bright face.

(Teddy) “ Aye moth'r, i'll has't t madeth in due timeth.”

He bowed down with a smile on his face and goes back to his spot in his row.

(Raiza) " Hmmm, Vedo, what have you done with the bigger bastion thingy?”

(Vedo) " Oh, Soror, i gave it to him, i took the hard material off of it and gave the organics to Soror, i'll have the beasts shell be made into armor mother.

(Raiza) " Hm! I see! Soror, what's the plan with them? And where are you gonna put that big ass thing at?"

Vedo steps back into line as Soror steps up again with a wide smile his thin lips could manage to make

(Soror) " Im studying it's, makeup. How it functions, its brain, its body both inside and out, how it created such a tough shell casting it all around its enormous, how it grows, how it can use the "mana", how it its use of magic is different from us!

How it was able to call beings similar to it under its command! How it was able to reproduce! With its size and how smart it was, it was no wonder its territory was managed for so long without any problems! With such a knowledgeable specimen mother, we soon might be able to do greater things in the future~ Soon we might be able to control such beasts and have them under us to manage!!"

Soror said with enthusiasm, his arms spread wide as his smile grew darker, his eyes were more crazed than ever. Raiza simply smiled at the notion, the possibility of controlling creatures like that of that scale and even could make an army out of them. A thought he never even came across. It's a future he could see coming into fruition.

(Soror) " Ehem, i stored the beast after dismantling its body. The parts are tubes deep within my laboratory.

Soror said putting his hand over his mouth glancing over at Regina, but she paid no heed to what he was saying.

(Raiza) " It seems your passionate about this here then Soror? Im glad you are! Huuuu, now that everything on my mind is over, i have something else to say to all of yall"

Soror came back into the line after smiling a bowing down slowly.

Everyone then looked forward tensed up as their hands tied behind their back, prepared to do anything Raiza says.

(Raiza) ”I need to be trained, I've said it before but had gotten interrupted-''

Before he could finish his sentence, a large boom echoed through the walls of his room, causing Raiza’s ears to bleed. He swiveled in pain since the vibrations caused his ears to bust as blood bleed out of them. Teddy then put a barrier that blocked out the sound around Regina and Raiza. Yokishoto then raised his hand signaling that he got this.

He then stepped forward, taking out one of his swords, slicing horizontally at the wall, then quickly sheathing back the sword in the hilt. The sound stopped immediately afterwards. Teddy released the barrier around Raiza. Raiza stopped swiveling and simply just got up. Everyone asked with sorrowful faces,

“Are you ok?”

"Do you need anything??”

He then calmed everyone by getting out of his soft comfortable bed.

(Raiza) “ I can't hear anything yall are sayin, but before I get more annoyed, I will be trained by all 13 of you in your respective strengths and fields you can remember what ever that is. Yokishoto, imma needs you for a while.

Yokishoto then stepped up towards Raiza kneeling down on one knee and having his head hang down with a solitude look on his face.

(Yokishoto) “ Yes mother!”

He said with a stern, bright expression.

(Raiza) “ Your gonna train me with some sword shit, next is Teddy, so be prepared for it aight?”

Raiza said nonchalantly, having his legs crossed on eachother. His arms were crossed too, similar to an old man sitting on a bench looking at a park

(Teddy) “ But moth'r, thy injuries! we cant doth aught until thee healeth-”

Raiza simply cuts him off with a loud long sigh, now sitting down.

(Raiza) “ So Righteous isn't well still?”

He said looking at Teddy with a still, calm face. But with anger behind it, you could tell because he looked constipated as his face was turning a little red.

(Teddy) “ The lady's not, but thee needeth to rest since thy corse is weak even but now-”

(Soror) “ S-shes not healed yet, but your ok to go training now mom! Vedo already made the training room outside behind the main fountain.”

As he was speaking to Raiza, he was hushing up Teddy with his hand over his mouth. Raiza glanced over at the two, he sighed and chuckled little and the got up with a grunt. Regina and Yokishoto tried to help him get up but he waved his hand signaling that he was good.

(Raiza) “ I know your concerned for my well fare, and i get that. It amuses me that you all try to cover each other infront of me, so lets do this..."

He said with his hands tied behind his back.

(Raiza) "Since Righteous isn't capable of getting up right now, lets go ask her to see if its ok for me to train right now, we all get that yes?”

Everyone looked at each other and nodded yes.

(Raiza) “ So, is she in your lab Soror or in some new room?”

(Soror) “ Yes, shes in the room next to my lab shes lying in bed right now intaking *Injected mana”

(Raiza) “ Injected what?!?!”

Raiza screamed with questioning look.

(Teddy) “ Mother, we will discuss it with you later, do trust me when i say its perfectly fine.”

Raiza looked at Teddy with a confused expression, but then simply looked ahead telling Soror to lead him the way. Soror gets up from his kneel, bows down slightly and takes the lead in opening the door of Raiza’s bed room, and went to the hall way in-front of them. The hall way was lengthy, having no rooms or doorways on the walls framing the hallway.

There at the end of the hallway was a door on the front of the wall facing towards the hallway, with another hallway opening left and right. But this one was shorter then the other one. Behind the door is the bathroom, the hallway lead to the stair case going down stairs, and to a window. 

At the staircase, it leads to yet another hallway giving sight to more rooms and the such, and yet another staircase. Soror then lead the way down stairs, grabbing hold of Raiza’s hand as if a Queen was being lead down the stairwell, along with Yokishoto holding what he could of his right hand since the staircase was narrow, he was forcing himself to be directly beside Raiza.

The staircase is in a large spiral, similar to that of a castle. They walked down the staircase finally and was now met with the main floor where it was made of marble, lined at the seams, a thin golden bar in between the spaces of the marble tile. Soror then guided Raiza and the others to the front of the house where they went past the kitchen, living room, dining room and some bathrooms. Even Raiza doesn't know how Vedo did the plumbing.

It wasnt anything fancy neither, just these wooden pipes lined with metal inside of it. They lead to a ditch a couple yards deep into the cliff face. Because the dungeon regrows what's been tampered with, including non-organics, the feces and other bodyfluids get destroyed.

  They went towards a door next to the closet that Vedo stored their weapons at, Soror opened the door, warning that the stairs are a bit slippery and that he would need to hold his hands again. Raiza scoffed at the idea of doing that again so he tried to walk down the stairs himself on his own, until he slipped down the stairs causing his ass to crack. With the help of Soror and Teddy, he was able to get back up holding tears.

(Raiza) “ Ah shit that fucking hurts!! Where the hell is the damn room Soror?”

He questioned with a sneer, rubbing his ass in pain with a scornful look. Soror simply smiled back with a bright smile.

(Soror) “ It's around the corner where there is yet another stairwell mother.”

(Razia) " Vedo, make sure you don't make these damn stairs slippery!"

 Vedo simply looked down in thought at Raiza's comment.

Soror then points towards a door to the right of them. The room held high, a chandelier with crystals, framed with a garnet, amethyst mix. Having this purple reddish jewel like frame, go around the 12 crystals on the chandelier.

There Soror guided Raiza and the others to this decorated door, chiseled into the caramel brown wooden door was a elf holding a glass of liquid, and behind the elf, trees and grass, the sun and the clouds behind it. Taking a quick turn around, Raiza praised Vedo highly with his amazing handy work. Alexsis scoffs at Vedo, while Yokishoto smiles in a devilish, jealous way at him.

Making Vedo be more proud of himself. The door was, as if lifelike, had such attention to detail it felt like as if a person was etched in the wood. After a while gawking at the door, Soror opened it leading to a stair case which seemed like a tight fit, but small enough to just fit snuggly. The ceiling was high but the walls were close enough to not allow two people to walk side by side to each other.

1