Chapter 12
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

The boy quickly ran to the girl's side trying to pull her back over to his grandpa. Standing still she didn't budge from the boy. Leisurely stroking my fur.

 

How'd she figure out it was mana?

 

*Ping

 

Normally elves have a pretty high sixth sense for mana. Some High elves can even contact spirits.

 

Damn…

 

Before I could even finish my train of thought I could feel my mana around me wince in pain.

  The illusion around my body had a hole through my right side. Luckily whatever it was didn't hit my real body. Looking up, There was a wooden bolt sticking from the old man's chest. Quickly turning around there were four men. Three of the four were with i guess you could call modern weapons.

A priest in the back while a man with a crossbow in the middle. The last two men were standing side by side in front. one was very poorly dressed with a large single edged sword dragging across the floor behind him. The other, Cleanly dressed with a great sword by his hip that shined as the sun hit its blade

How the hell do you Hold a great sword at your hip?

 

“Man I missed the big one!” The man with the crossbow shouted.

 

The young boy let out a loud cry before running to his grandpa's side and clutched his hand. Mearie quickly dropped the handful of my mana and ran after the boy.

 

“ You three quickly kill them off, so we can go back to the church.”

  The priest in the back waved his hand before turning around and moving to the edge of the tree line. Before muttering a few words under his breath and waving his hand, Faint white symbols filled the air before shooting ahead of him forming a golden tunnel through the trees. Which disappeared a few seconds after he passed through.

 

I soon remembered the man with the crossbow, Looking around the area I quickly scanned looking for Him. The more well dressed of the two men started moving faster towards me, While the man with the crossbow pointed at me then directly in the air and fired. A single bolt shot from his crossbow into the air. Within seconds it turned into a bright white flash before multiplying into eleven more arrows which rained down on top of me.

Jumping out of the way using my [Leap] skill a majority of the arrows missed but an arrow grazed my mana field. Wincing in pain I quickly regained my footing.

I have to get better at moving when I'm this large.

 

After hastily repairing my mana field I noticed the well dressed man was getting pretty close pretty fast.

Using my [Charge] skill I quickly closed the distance between us with rapid speed. It looks like it surprised him for a second. Because he dropped his guard a bit before he suddenly tried to strike my shoulder with his sword. Last second I managed to activate my [Iron skin] skill which hardens my fur close to the density of iron. On Top of my mana field my defense is almost more than doubled.

 

His Sword connected with my mana field sending small pain throughout my body. Soon after the sword connected to my real body's shoulder which made a loud thud as it was hit, deflecting the sword away. I could feel my shoulder was dislocated by the strike. I wanted to shout. I had no time to reset it. Quickly using my new skill [Poison Spores] before slashing across his stomach.

 

He quickly jumped back clutching his stomach as blood spilled between his fingers.

 

Even though it was a small cut, my claws are sharper than any knife I've ever seen… at least in my last life. Clutching his left hand on his stomach he raised his sword with his right hand pointing it at me. Turning my head away from the man I looked over at the man with the crossbow who was silently pointing it from across the field. The well dressed man's arm collapsed sending the sword plunging into the floor before he himself fell face first into the floor.

Both of the men left stood silently staring at their fallen comrade…

 

Seems like this skill could be pretty useful. Before they could collect themselves I quickly ran towards the man with the crossbow who when he noticed me started to panic and fired random shots which went right over my head. It only took thirty seconds or so to reach him. Pushing my Icey mana around me onto him, it quickly froze his skin. He began to scream in pain. Not long after small shards of ice pierced out from his skin slowly growing larger until he completely consumed his body. His screams stopped a few seconds after.

 

Man, I thought these guys would be a lot stronger…

 

Looking over at the last swordsmen who stood silently in the middle of the field.

My shoulder throbbed in pain… I better finish this fast.

 

After a minute or two of silence he took a step forward dragging his great sword behind him.

I thought he would be smarter… oh well

 

Taking a few steps towards him until we were around five feet from each other. He quickly threw his sword behind him, sending it sliding across the floor. Before bending down on his knee, Without a second thought.

 

“Please spare me.” His voice was old and wary but shook as if he was a small child being scolded. Shutting both eyes he quickly pushed his face into the dirt.

 

“Please”

 

*Ping

 

Why not just kill him, he could bring more people.

 

Well lets see first. Do me a favor and translate my voice please.

 

*Ping

 

Alright whatever...

 

“What will you give for it?”

 

“I don't have anything to offer besides my sword or information.”

 

*Ping

 

Pretty lousy choices. If you ask me

 

They can be pretty useful sometimes.... Translate again for me?

 

*Ping

Jeez why don't I just give you the damn skill.

 

~ [Kitin language] skill has been acquired.

 

You can just give me skills! Wait wait now's not the time...

 

“For your ignorance you’ll serve under me for a year! Do you accept it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

*Ping

 

And how is this helpful? (ㆆ_ㆆ)

 

Don't forget I only came to this world around a month ago. Any info is better than none. Turning around there was a large pool of blood in front of the cabin doors. Both Mearie and the young boy must have drugged the old man inside the cabin while I was fighting…

 

Walking towards the cabin the wooden door quickly flung open. Mearie hurried out the door followed by the young boy whose hands were covered in blood. Closing the door to the cabin he sat against the door before sinking to the floor silently pushing his face into his knees.

...

..

.

1