Chapter 16: friend or Foe?
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  After catching my breath I stood still for a while staring off at the village, I don't know why. After a minute or my mind finally came back, sitting up and thought for a second. The freezing cold… snow, ice. It was so calming my breath became shallow. I closed my eyes without realizing it. My lungs are heavy like a large sheet of ice. Breathing out slowly I could feel the chill run through my body for the first time in a long time. My bones quivered and gowned before slowly settling. Opening my eyes the snow had stopped.

The mountain top still covered in a large sheet of snow, the only indentation was the small path I walked to reach the peak. Breathing a small sigh a large puff of frost elapsed my lungs. The smoke stood at a stand still becoming darker and darker before a small snowflake filled the air. Dropping from the air like rain drops with a small thud thud thud. The littered the old snow in front of me.

  Taking a closer look at the new snow flakes they were a lot darker in color, almost a dark blue rather than the faint white blue like normal. Moving some of the snow around in front of me spread… the dark blue flakes quickly spread covering the entire mountain top in a thick layer of dark blue ice and snow. Taking a step back it was already too late the whole mountain top was covered. I've never seen this type of snow before… And it was only from a breath.

  Inhaling slightly I could feel my lungs pull in warm air but it was quickly snuffed out now almost subzero air filled my lungs… but it felt comforting. Breathing slowly out a small cloud of smoke soon formed once again cooling the air to the point of snow. Before quickly dropping to the floor. But this time. They were heavier? Each one shot through the sheet of snow like rocks being thrown.

My breath soon quickened I don't know how to control my breath. Clouds of smoke appeared all around me before freezing almost instantaneously and being thrown straight back to the mountain.

Thud … Thud thud thud.

  After a few seconds I finally calmed my breath. Taking a small breath in and slowly releasing it, I had it almost controlled. Slowly laying down I tried my best to control my breathing.

..

.

  I don't know how long I was up on the hill top. But besides the constant thought of breathing it was rather peaceful… The mountain still covered in deep blue snow felt warm like it was calling to me.

It soon got easier to manage by breathing the air I exhaled and didn't feel nearly as cold as before. But the voices just got louder and became more and more muffled as I sat.

“Pr*##*!....”

  Slowly opening my eyes I slowly looked around and the blue snow covering the floor was so beautiful… The trees were vibrant yet calm. It felt so natural yet concerning… what was happening.

The voice got louder until it was almost to a shout the words just sounded like someone screaming into a blanket. Quickly looking around once again there was nothing. Quickly closing my eyes I focused on the voice. Where was it?

But… the once shout became quiet again like someone whispering in my ear. It was so clear…. “Prince! The prince has come.”

Millions of small voices shot around the mountain top. Where were they?

“Where are you?” Opening my eyes once again I looked around the mountain. There was nothing and this time… everything was quiet.

 

  Within the next second a small blue ball rose from the snow. Much lighter than the surrounding snow… it had a small glow that looked surrounding once again millions of small balls rose from the snow before slowly moving and drifting around in the snow…. The snow… it was falling again but it was no longer normal snow it had a dark blue tinge to it matching the covering floor as it fell. Unlike my breath they gently and slowly drifted to the floor before setting quietly against the snow banks.

Closing my eyes once again I focused on the voices… there were so many shouting and laughing… crying. Some were even angry.

“He can see us…” “Finally.”

                “He can hear?”

  “Why couldn't he come sooner?!”

  The cries and shouting did not stop for minutes before finally everyone began to settle. Their focus seemed to fall on me? Without eyes I wasn't very sure where they were looking but I had the feeling they were just staring and waiting.

 

“Could you tell me where you all came from?”

 

Each one slowly moving closer until they were just feet away they formed a small and very bright circle around me… wait me?

 

“So me and? “

Staying silent they sat still in a circle.

“Just me huh?”

“Wonderful” multiple voices echoed through the mountain top. Their voices rose and shook, bouncing off the snow banks and powder covered trees.

What am I supposed to do? They barely give sufficient answers…

“Is there something you're good at?”

  The Lights soon flickered and stood silent for a second before slowly inching together. Maybe feet in front of me, Sitting silently as they slowly pooled together into a large mass of light. It started getting brighter and brighter. Quickly closing my eyes as to not blind myself within that second a steady smell filled the smooth forest air. Like the smell of fresh roses or flower petals… it was enchanting.

  Slowly pulling open my eyes the faint figure of the lights was gone. Looking down at the snow covered path there was a small bird no bigger than the size of a book. Its feathers are slicked and white with small tinges of blue running down the wing tips.

  Its face is sleek and tight following its jaw, its beak comes down to almost knife-like point with a small round hook on the end, It seems sharper than even my claws…

  Its eyes unlike any bird iv seen before thin and sharp seeming to flow deeper into its eye sockets. Sharp black lines surrounded in a seemingly absent white they followed my eyes.

Moving closer to the small bird its wings fluttered and flicked before slowly calming down… like it was getting used to its body. Letting out a small coo it echoed through the trees before slowly settling and looking up at me… waiting.

...

..

.

1