Chapter 18
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

...

Thinking back the past couple days the most I can think of is the mountain? Is that my territory…

*Ping

I’m feeling much better twenty years younger than before. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)

  That’s great, stretching my legs and I quickly stood up. Using space magic I quickly took out the “soul” left to me.

  Immediately as it left my magic, small red flares begin to shoot around the room Originating from a small blue and black Circular ball in the middle of a dark cloudy fog. That hovered just a foot above the cave floor.

  A large sense of oppression filled the room for a split second. I could almost make out the figure of a large grotesque old man. With two large red horns protruding from his forehead shrouded in a ragged old blue cloth his eyes just barely peeking from beneath. Peering like a tiger looking for lunch.

Finally snapping out of it I stared for a minute at the small ball..

 

*Ping

Eat it before it eats you. :)

  Quickly jumping forward I clamped my jaws down on the ball. It quickly began to melt and mold in my mouth before quickly dissipating. A single large growl echoed through the cave shaking me to my very core. Gasping for air I quietly looked around the cave. The small red flares were gone.

*Ping

Absorption active… Damaged advance Soul Detected…

4 - Skills available… Please choose 2.

  1. Dance with the Devil.
  2. Smooth talker.
  3. A Thorned heart.
  4. Horns of the fallen.

  I guess the soul must have gotten damaged… I wonder how he died. None of these names really jump out. Quickly looking over the list once again i picked [Horns of the fallen] and [Dance with the Devil] while I didn't quite understand the use behind them i figure they could come in handy at some point.

*Ping

~ Dance with the Devil: lvl 1

Gains instant “Friend” favorability with devils when activated can be increased with effort.

                - Special trait of Succubus

~ Horns of the fallen: lvl 1

Each high lord demon is born with horns that extracts negative energy from the surroundings to increase their power and magic output. Legend says grafting said horns onto another body is highly dangerous (No human researchers have survived the process) Error: no further information access.

Horn integration: 78%

              - Special trait of high ranking Devils

Well they seem pretty useful for the names they have… speaking of who even comes up with these?

Aki?

*Ping

Its not a single person who does it. They kind of just come to be. :/

Even skill names?

*Ping

If you make a new skill you can name it yourself but if it's stolen… Someone gave it one before you got your hands on it.

Huh, Okay well this world has some real shitty names.

 

*Ping

Well what do you expect from lesser beings.

True, but what do…

“Fang, Who are you talking too?”

  Mearie’s voice quickly groaned behind me, quickly turning to see a dreary eyed looking Meaire yawning and stretching her small arms comfortably.

Before I could even answer Dawn walked sleepy out from the shadows of the inner Den.

“ *Yawn, Mearie come lay down, he likes to talk to himself a lot you'll get used to it.”

Shrugging it off Meaire quickly turned around and followed Dawn who disappeared further into the shadows where she came.

  Quietly turning around I headed out into the forest, instead of grabbing a couple of the fallen branches. A couple old trees had fallen not too far from the Dens entrances. I thought they would make much better firewood for the next couple days. But it won't fit in my magic space…

  I quickly bit down on the trunks, while they were pretty large trees it wasn't too big compared to my size. My mouth just about fit around ⅓ of the trunk giving me just barely enough leverage to lift it inches off the floor. My jaw began to strain slowly taking small steps and I slowly made my way back to the Den. Quickly dropping the large trunk it came to the floor with a large thud creating its own small indentation in the dirt under it.

Hastily turning I made my way to the other trees and slowly repeated it until all 6 trees were beside the Den.

My jaw felt numb. I had never clenched down that hard before. Moving my jaw left and right I quietly headed inside the cave. I was quickly greeted my Winter and Snow who probably came out to check on all the noise. Quietly gesturing outside the cave I quickly turned and moved to the pile of trees.

“I brought the down tree’s you guys can use them as firewood, all be heading to the mountain peak for a bit.”

  Quietly nodding, Winter quickly broke off a couple branches from the large trees and moved to the firepit inside the den. Within seconds flames grew across the cave walls. Looking down, Snow was blankly staring up at me. Its eyes glazed over.

“You wanna come too Snow?”

  Letting out a large chirp he quickly flew to the top of my head and nestled down. A couple of feathers drooped down across my head. I could just barely see them peeking out the corner of my eye.

Ready?

*Chirp!

We steadily made our way around the mountain side before finally reaching the base of the mountain peering up the path. To my surprise almost all the snow covering the mountain had turned.

*Ping

Look who is getting friendly with the spirits.

Is that what this is? Because Snow likes me?

*Ping

Welllll not 100% right but close. It's more complicated but you'll get it eventually. ;)

You can't just explain it??

No response…

  Quietly Snow and I made our way to the peak of the mountain. It was much easier this time. We quickly made it to the top; the silence of the wind quietly filled the air. The warm feeling of the blue snow once again filled my body. It felt… welcoming.

  Taking a deep breath I laid at the very top of the mountain. Looking out over the large forest the small village filled with small plumes of smoke rested just barely out of reach… Taking another deep breath with a final look my vision began to fade. A dull white mass filled my vision until I could no longer see the mountain view… was this another dream? The hollow sound of two beats filled the air, drowning out the howling wind which wailed around me.

 

*Badam Thud Badam thud…

What was it?

...

..

.

1