Chapter 2 : Fight ! (VS. Living Armour)
576 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't look very happy to wake up... Man, I understood it. To be woken up forcefully from a nice nap is never pleasant. They should make a law or something... "If you're sleeping and someone wakes you up without any reason, you can kill them." Or something like that. Yeah, good idea. I'm a genius.

But, at that moment, I didn't have to think about all of these genius ideas. No, rather, I was busy shitting my pants. Or whatever the equivalent was for my species. It soon formed back in an armour, although it was full of holes here and there. But its core was still intact. Another piece of metal fell down from the ceiling along with a reddish liquid, covering the ground around M. Armor.

'Hey, maybe he is friendly !' That was what I thought when I saw him not moving for a few seconds. But, as I would find out later, nothing was friendly down here. Not at a fucking thing. So, my thoughts were discarded as soon as it spotted me. And it started to run. I had already made quite a few steps back, so it wouldn't be on me right away. But it won't be long until it reached me. Although I didn't know how strong that thing was, I couldn't die. For some reason, I wanted to live. It was not my basic instincts that told me to, although they were still very much present. No... I felt like I could not die. I could not let that happen. I had to fight.

I was correct in the fact that I was slow. The armour managed to close the gap between us in mere moments, taking much less time than me to do so. It tried to crush me, or rather, my core. It knew that was the only way to defeat me. And I knew that the only way to defeat it was to crush its core. Thanks to the multiple holes in it, I could clearly see the red sphere, right where a human heart should be. It spun endlessly, constantly drawing mana in to regenerate, and I could already see the holes in the metal closing. From my previous contact, I knew that it would be impossible to break it, for me at least if it manages to completely repair itself. But, how? How could I kill it ?

The previous urge to eat was then replaced by a much stronger urge. To survive. And to kill it. Just before its foot made contact with my core, I slipped it aside, the sphere easily travelling inside of me. The foot sank into my gooey body, but I didn't feel pain. Rather, I clung to it. It tried to punch me. I moved my core again, making it miss entirely and sink into my body again. Wait... this was OP. Like really OP. Of course, if it was faster, it could've hit my core before I could move it away. Or if it could crush my entire body at once, it would be another story. But it had no means to do that. 

I slipped in one of the holes where its tibia should've been, if it was a human, and I was soon inside of the armour. It had no way now to fight me. Although it tried wriggling its foot or putting a hand inside of itself, it could not pass through its own defences. In a way, I was lucky that it was so resistant. I couldn't yet make my way to its core though, as it would easily plunge its hand in its chest and take me out. So, I waited. Yes, I just waited. Inside the body of a dangerous monster. But what could it do, really?
Apart from taking a roc-
Oh.

Slam

This was problematic. As soon as I got the idea, the living armour took a rock and slammed it where I was, making the metal fold in. It had almost hit me. Thankfully, by the time it got the idea, the massive hole in its chest was almost completely closed. But the problem was that I now had to make my way to its core before it bashed itself until it killed me. It knew that it could just regenerate afterwards. I had no other choice but to hurry up now. And hoped it wasn't smart enough to block my path by bashing its lower abdomen, so I couldn't pass through. I wiggled my way up to its leg, dodging each time it tried to kill me and nearly got stuck at its crotch, but I managed to find a small interstice. As long as the space was large enough for my core to pass, I could pass through it. My core wasn't so big to be honest, just 2 cm in diameter. But, at that moment, I cursed myself for being so big. Finally, although just a few seconds passed, I had reached its chest area.

Now, it couldn't do anything. I grinned, as I enveloped its core with my gooey substance, then... touched its core with mine. It had kind of a sensual side to it. It shivered, as I started absorbing it, the red core slowly integrating mine, becoming blue little by little. It had stopped moving since the moment I touched it. It fell down, but it didn't matter. In just a few seconds, the absorption was complete.

It felt like an eternity to me, but, in reality, it had taken no more than 3 minutes to do all of this. The majority of which I waited inside of the armour. In actual fighting, or rather dodging, no more than 30 seconds or so passed. Now, it was time for the text to appear. The pieces of metal fell down around me lifelessly, as I made my way out of the dead monster.

'Hurry up'

I internally smiled as the blue text appeared in front of me, just before I could read what was written.

[New energy detected. Processing...]

You son of a b-

12