Author’s Note/Back in Time
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Hello! Are y'all ready for an adventure to the time of the dinosaurs? Messummer is a spin-off story of Through the Wormhole. While the plot's gist is the same, it has been slightly changed to fit the short story genre. I decided to write this for my Capstone Fiction Writing Class Spring 2022.

        Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved dinosaurs, and I've always wanted to write a story about them. The original draft for Messummer, which I wrote in 8th grade, was my guinea pig for writing about prehistoric times and putting my geological research to the test. Messummer's story has changed over the years, and I'm still trying to find it to this day. This has always been one of my favorite stories, because it sparked the birth of my very first sci-fi novel, Through the Wormhole itself.

        I don't see a lot of stories written from the perspective of a Quetzalcoatlus, the largest flying reptile ever to zoom across the Mesozoic skies, so I decided on this approach. I did try switching back and forth from Messummer and Dan's perspectives, but at the end of the day, I always come back to Messummer. Her name is a mixture of two words: "Mez (Mesozoic Era) and "summer", the season. I have always loved her as a character, and I cannot wait to share her story with you guys. Have fun with this story! Hopefully, it will re-spark childhood memories of The Land Before Time and Jurassic Park. Dan, PPMC, Messummer, and I wish you luck for the journey ahead.

- Catherine Victoria Christie/Viktoria Fyodorova

 

Wattpad Accolades:

🥇 1st place in the Carnival Awards 2022 Short Story Category.

🥇 1st place in the Rose Gold Awards 2022 Short Story Category.

🏆 Winner | Dinosaur/Prehistoric Stories | The Amby Awards 2022!

🏆 Perfect Story Award in the Stellify Awards 2022.

🏆 Semifinalist in the Rose Gold Awards 2022.

🥈 2nd place in the Sundae Book Awards 2022 Short Story Category.

🥈 2nd place in the Stellify Awards 2022 Short Story Category.

🥈 2nd place in the Auctor Awards' Short Story Category.

🥉 3rd place in the Brine Awards' Short Story/One Shots Category.

🥉 3rd place in the April Awards' Short Story Category.

🥉 3rd place in the Platinum Awards' Short Story Category.

⭐ Featured by Ooorah in their Tevun-Krus #100 || Dino Punk section (May 9th 2022).

⭐ Featured on Speculative Fiction || Breaking the Space-Time Continuum Reading List (May 13th 2022).

⭐ Added to Speculative Fiction || Featured Speculative Fiction Stories Reading List (May 13th 2022).

⭐ Added to KirukkanGuild || Diamonds in the Rough | Featured Picks (September 29th 2022).

⭐ Featured on TheAmbys || The Amby Awards Winners 2022 Reading List (November 17th 2022)!

 

Special Category Achievements:

🥉 3rd place for Best Protagonist in the 2022 Rose Gold Awards.

 

All rights reserved: Please do not plagiarize this story. I put a lot of work into it, including three years worth of research. I do not want to have to turn on my bad side. Just FYI.

1