Chapter 2336 Spectral Soul’s Return!
216 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Winds ravaged throughout the land as the dust was strewn everywhere. Buildings were desolated and it looked as if the world had come to ruin.

Star constellation looked around and, couldn't imagine the last time Heavenly Court had entered such a state.

For over 3 million years the Heavenly court her mentor, Primordial Origin, had lain the groundwork for humanity's rise; with his very life.

Primordial was a true hero, one who forged a way out for humanity overcame incredible odds to bring a race of slaves out against their oppressors.

He single-handedly beat back the Variant Humans forcing even immemorial beasts to go into hiding. He took the central continent from the variants and firmly established it as a human sanctuary.

He established Heavenly Court to oversee humanity, to live for a greater purpose than oneself, to live for the people not to be involved in petty conflicts that humans so easily fall into.

Even till today, Heavenly Court can be considered the most tolerant force in the world, not caring if you were righteous demonic, or alone.

That as long as you can contribute to humanity you would be accepted. That spirit of Heavenly Court had withstood the tests of time, for 3 million years people like Duke Long emerged.

Someone willing to give up on their entire clan and race just to ensure that humanity would continue to prosper. Someone willing to lay down his life for the greater good.

But what now, Heavenly Court is in ruins; Star Constellation is alone. Her master's legacy and hard work were reduced to dust.

Star Constellation Immortal Venerable has lost everything. Almost. Almost everything, even though Heavenly Court's members have fallen, even though nothing but ruin lays beneath her, she still held onto hope.

Hope. That one day her mentor will reunite with her. Hope, that after this whole ordeal humanity would be more prosperous than ever before. Hope.

Battlefield Immortal killer move --------- Starlight Raindiance

A dome of starlight soon covered Heavenly Court. Instantly day turned into night and the glow of thousands of Stars glittered across the sky.

Each star radiates the strength of a rank 8 killer move. At a certain point even, quantity could overcome quality and with that many Rank 8 killer moves even a venerable would be worried.

"Heaven Refining Demon venerable, Giant Sun Immortal venerable since you bothered to come don't dream of leaving." Star Constellation said as the starlight started raining down.

Spectral Soul sensing the strength of the starlight charged head-on towards it, swinging wildly as he soaked out the Star path Dao marks which were accumulating at a terrifying rate.

"Fang Yuan, we need to act fast any hope of Primordial coming back to life. If they revive him the tides will forever be in their favor!" Giant Sun reminded Fang Yuan.

Fang coldly responded: "Hmph easy enough to say. You should know that within Heavenly Court Star Constellation is undefeatable, even without any Rank 9 Gu her attacks border on the level of a Rank 9 killer move."

"At this moment does friend Giant Sun still insist on not using Rank 9 Light Gu. Are you afraid that I would harm it again? I can assure in this situation I will make no such attempt." Fang Yuan said with his hand on his heart to act sincerely.

His actin was so good that it momentarily stunned Giant Sun and Star Constellation!

"How can someone be so shameless; I must learn his technique." Thought both Star Constellation and Giant Sun.

As the rain of Starlight descended tearing up the battlefield further beyond recognition the mayhem and destruction would make the hearts or even pseudo-venerables palpitate.

Yet three figures stood there as if the starlight were mere rain. Of course, it was the defensive killer moves that were on them that prevented them from facing the true might of the storm.

One only needs to look at the state of Spectral Soul to understand the gravitas of this rain.

On the surface, it seems as though the rain itself would be the most damaging but in actuality, it is the aftermath that is truly scary.

The rain leaves Star path marks clinging onto the victim perpetually inflicting damage on the Gu immortal, worse is that the marks radiate with one another growing stronger the more marks there are.

Spectral Soul came in with a height of over 1000 meters and 3 heads but now his heads had shrunk to where only 1 was truly visible and his body had shrunk to 500 meters.

Worse was that Fire Gu was encasing him in Fire to burn off the Star marks and prevent new ones from building up, but the fire was also burning Spectral Soul who was howling all the time.

Spectral Soul truly didn't have the demeanor of a venerable he was so miserable looking!

Meanwhile, as Spectral Soul was struggling the 3 venerables were in a deadlock. While the rain was certainly threatening it wasn't to the point where it would scare off the other 2 sane venerables.

Rather it made them more determined to destroy the Qi Harvest Fruit. After all, even though this Battlefield killer move could in theory make a safe space for allies, the size of the Qi Harvest fruit was just too big.

If Star Constellation were to make a safe space, then Giant Sun and Fang Yuan would just step into it. It might even attract Spectral Soul to them.

Facing 2 venerables was hard enough but if they had the meat shield that was Spectral Soul Demon Venerable, then Star Constellation would be hard-pressed.

At the same time, the other 2 venerables were discussing how to get past Star Constellation and get rid of the Qi Harvest fruit.

Both venerables didn't want to put in the most amount of work nor did they want to reveal their hands.

Giant Sun had to hide the fact that he had lost Rank 9 Light Gu and was still not fully recovered from using I‌ ‌Reside‌ ‌in‌ ‌All‌ ‌Living‌ ‌Beings‌ ‌and‌ ‌Heaven‌ ‌and‌ ‌Earth‌, although using Blood Sweat and Tears would offset the negative effects, they wouldn't last long.

As for Fang Yuan? He had the most things to hide, he had to hide his numerous Rank 9 Gu, his abundance of immortal essence and, the fact that he was running low on thoughts.

Even though Fang Yuan can be said to have quite a degree of mastery over Wisdom Path, it is nowhere close to the amount he needs.

With all the compound moves that he uses it is no wonder that he would be running low.

Nobody wanted to show their hand and initiate the fight, so the stalemate continued.

Until a howl shook the souls of all living beings even the venerables were shocked.

They turned to look at Spectral Soul and saw that although his body had been reduced to only around 4 meters tall, it began to look more like his actual body when he was alive.

Strangely, the starlight would just bounce off his body, yet Fire Gu was still burning away.

"What's happening to Spectral Soul?" the 3 venerables thought. Of course, they were still on guard after all this could just be a distraction from the other party.

*VOOM*

Fire struck down from the Heavens completely scorching everything and tearing through Star Constellation's battlefield killer move.

The pillar of fire struck Spectral Soul Demon Venerable head-on, but instead of howls of pain evil cackling could be heard.

At first, the sound was a carol of demonic cacophony but soon one voice rang louder than the others.

The fire pillar then gathered into a ball of flames resembling a mini sun and a human embryo figure could be seen within.

*WOOSH*

The ball shrank as the figure within it grew bigger and bigger until it resembled an adult man.

*BOOM*

The ball then exploded outwards hurling flames in all directions and there stood,

"I SPECTRAL SOUL DEMON VENERABLE HAVE RETURNED." The roar echoed throughout the continent as Spectral Heaven glowed in response.

The 3 Venerables were shocked to see Spectral Soul return from insanity.

Spectral Soul was back, he twists and turned his body achieving those satisfying cracks.

"Spring and Autumn come and go from the East the Sun will Rise and, in the West, it will set, One Hundred Thousand years set in motion. Through tribulation, I have Returned. Spectral Soul now roams the Earth."

1