Chapter 2340 Yin-Yang Body
220 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Star Constellation's killer move caught Giant Sun completely off guard and as the move was meant for entrapment it served its job well.

"Star Constellation! Dispel your move!" Giant Sun roared as his defensive killer moves were being pushed to their limits.

The ingenuity of using Star path's ability to create torrents of Star Dao Marks that attach themselves to inflict damage.

Combined with Wisdom path's ability to slow and influence thoughts made for a deadly combination that could wear out even a venerable, given enough time.

"Hmph Giant Sun, I can't help you once my move is activated it has to be destroyed, there is simply no way I can stop it without receiving a backlash myself." Said Star Constellation.

This of course was a lie.

Sure, if a Gu master was interrupted in the middle of their Killer move, they might receive backlash; Star Dome was a one-time cast move that did not need Star Constellation to maintain.

The real reason Star Constellation did not dispel the move was to force Fang Yuan to show more of his hand while also expanding his and Giant Sun's immortal essence.

Simultaneously killing two birds with one stone!

Giant Sun was no idiot either, he could roughly figure out Star Constellation's plans after she refused to free him; however, he was in rush to break free either.

While this move could theoretically kill a venerable it would only work if the venerable sat there and let themselves be killed, and even then, it would be a while.

Giant Sun's real goal was to prepare a sneak attack on the Qi Harvest Fruit!

He had not forgotten the real threat of Heavenly Court, they had 3 venerables in their existence!

Should they ever have 2 Venerables that could co-operate with the level of trust that the Heavenly Court members had.

It would be a cakewalk for them to slowly overturn and take over the lead once they wither have both their venerables be unbeatable and revive the 3rd venerable, Genesis lotus immortal venerable!

In fact, Genesis had the highest chance of reviving, not only was his secondary path, Painting path, completely untouched in the world but his main path Wood path his particularly good at healing and reviving!

So, instead, Giant Sun made Star Constellation assume he wanted to observe Fang Yuan and Spectral Soul, and once he focused solely on defending Star constellation would fall under that assumption.

Fang Yuan of course assumed that Giant Sun did not break merely because he wanted to observe Spectral Soul and he waste their strength.

Would Fang Yuan just let their schemes continue? Of course. Not!

Immortal Killer movie ---------- From The Peak Of Dang Hun Mountain Descend Into The Depths Of Luo Po Valley!

This was a pure Soul Path move but it used both Secluded Domains of Heaven and Earth, Dang Hun Mountain and Luo Po Valley!!

For a 200Km radius, all souls would be grounded up by Dang Hun Mountain and Cut by the Winds Of Luo Po Valley.       

To add insult to injury the move would only strengthen Fang Yuan as the Soul Path Dao marks would be gathered by Dang Hun Mountain and added to him, while the Winds of Luo Po further refined his soul.

The ruined battlefield of Heavenly Court would serve as the perfect place for this move, the souls from not just the fallen but even those in the immortal graveyard could be taken as nourishment!

"Heaven Refining what are you doing !?" yelled Star Constellation who created a Star Fog to protect the souls of Heavenly Court.

But to no avail, this killer moves touches upon the very profundities of Soul Path itself! Even Spectral Soul would have been troubled.

But with his current body made of Yin, the Winds of Luo Po did very little to hurt him and the crushing mountain of Dang Hu had no effect on him as his Yang aperture repelled it.

Still, Spectral Soul had to feint injuries.

"Very Good move hmph to use soul path against me the pioneer of Soul path. I will remember this."

Spectral soul was honest about the move being very good, this move could have been considered a counter to him prior to his resurrection.

Not knowing what other tricks Fang Yuan might have; Spectral Soul sped up.

"Fang Yuan this move of yours is clearly not working against Spectral Soul hurry and cancel it!" Star Constellation yelled as the move was hurting her soul as well!

"How do you know it's not? Don't worry Spectral Soul is in his final stretches he's just feigning strength." Fang Yuan lied.

He could obviously tell the move was not having any effect, but the move was not over yet.

Attached Killer move ---------- Bound To the Mountains And Valleys

Suddenly chains made of Soul path erupted from both Dang Hun Mountain and Luo Po Valley.

Spectral Soul could not react in time and was ensnared by the 2 Secluded Domains of Heaven and Earth.

The move continued to grind away and focused its effects on Spectral Soul. The increased focus helped bypass even the effects of the Yin Yang body(1)

As soon as Spectral Soul was captured Giant Sun broke through Star Constellation's dome.

With the state of the battle as it was there was no opportunity for him to inflict and harm onto the Qi Harvest Fruit.

"Great job, Fang Yuan we can now dissect Spectral Soul's body and learn the secrets within." Giant Sun said.

Fang Yuan sneered: "How bout you wipe off that lecherous look off your face first and, why should I share the secrets of Spectral Soul's body I'm the one who did all the work, and besides I doubt any of you dare to soul search him."

This was true, even Fang Yuan with all his knowledge and Soul path resources would not dare touch Spectral Soul's soul.

One only needs to look at Fairy Zi Wei to see how that could turn out.

Meanwhile, Spectral Soul tried all his methods, but the chains were beyond his strength.

A grand voice reverbed in Spectral Soul's head "Idiot"

Spectral Soul was shocked, the voice was transmitted through Heaven path methods which could only mean: "Heaven's Will!"

Heaven's Will had finally developed a consciousness!

It could think and calculate and scheme far greater than the mechanical rules that it operated on previously.

Heaven's Will was always bound by the Heavenly Dao and could not directly interfere with mortal affairs but after gaining a consciousness it could exploit certain loopholes and theoretically that it previously could not.

For example, Heaven's Will could never directly kill any mortal rather it had to use a convoluted way to do so by either using tribulations or creating something to deal with it.

However, the original Heaven's Will messed up when it created Fang Yuan to deal with Spectral Soul and like any good computer, it calculated what went wrong and devised a solution.

It evolved its own consciousness to help circumvent some of the Heavenly Dao's restrictions to allow it a greater arsenal to deal with Fang Yuan.

Originally it planned to use Spectral Soul's body as a puppet to fight against Fang Yuan, but Spectral Soul still had some of his consciousness deep within the body sealed by a killer move as a method to come back after the crazed demon cave.

But it was suppressed during the whole time Heaven's will used the body to plug the hole spacetime created by Limitless to experience the Chaos.

However, even though Heaven's Will could infinitely suppress the move from activating, after spending so long in the hole.

The Chaos had eroded the move causing it to trigger but not perfectly.

Making spectral Soul only able to follow the instincts of Heaven's will's plan to make Spectral Heaven and devour the sun.

But Heaven saw this as a better opportunity and instead revitalized Spectral Soul's will and gave him the mission to kill Fang Yuan in exchange for his life back and some bonuses.

Thus, Spectral Soul was given the Yin-Yang body and an immense amount of Luck but this still wasn't enough to let Spectral Soul escape.

Heaven's Will was quite disappointed by Spectral Soul.

"Activate the Yin-Yang body's ability" Heaven Will spoke.

Confused Spectral Soul used the time the 3 Venerables were still bickering to investigate his body.

He found that his aperture was in the shape of how his male appearance was. He felt a connection to it and tried strengthening the feeling.

Outside the 3 venerables were still arguing when suddenly, a wave of intense coldness assault them.

Spectral Soul had been covered in a ball of ice as a blue glow emanated from his chest. His form started to grow larger and larger until he burst out of the ice ball in his male form!

"HAHA, I am now truly back." Spectral Soul unleashed a giant soul path explosion that shook even Dung Han Mountain and Luo Po Valley!

Spectral Soul had returned to Rank 9!

(1) Yin-Yang body is something I've decided to name Spectral Soul's body, it has the ability to switch between a body of Yang with an aperture of Yin and a body of Yin with an aperture of Yang. The 2 bodies share different cultivation levels because Spectral Soul Lacks any attainment in Fire Path so his body cannot become venerable, but switching to the Male form he was given back his Rank 9 status. The quirk in this body lies in the fact that in his Male form Spectral soul is a body of Yang using Yin moves which allows him to maintain balance. Same for his Female form he would be a body of Yin that is largely constrained to Yang moves, like Fire Path. This body will be further explained and used in the future but you can kind of think of it as a simplified Sovereign Immortal Fetus Gu.

1