Chapter 2
137 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time quickly passed and the academy lessons finished. Naturally, Nao headed to the Yamanaka clan compound and started his training.

Staying idle wasn't something Nao was willing to do, He planned to reach the peak of the world, And training to his very limit was the bare requirement to achieve that.

But training alone is nowhere near enough, Nao wasn't a ninja god reincarnation like Naruto and Sasuke, and he wasn't naive enough to believe that simply training to his limit would let him reach his goal.

Most S-rank ninja have forbidden or hidden techniques,  and many of them had a strong bloodline limit such as the Sharingan,  those who became S-rank ninja without such a thing were a rarity.

Truthfully, Nao didn’t plan to be a mere S-rank, he plans to reach the peak of the world and surpass the power of beings such as the Ten-tails, Kaguya and hopefully… the Ōtsutsuki God.

Nao knows that this goal of his is dangerous, and that  sometimes he would feel dying is better if he walked this path  but he is willing to risk that if it meant he could have a chance to reach that level of power, no matter how slight the chance was.

Nao's desire to reach the peak of the world is because of one reason, he wants to live freely. He knows that those who don't have absolute power aren't truly free, they can only be powerless when something outside their influence happens.

Even people hailed as monstrous geniuses with ridiculous power, like Uchiha Itachi couldn't do anything when something more dangerous than them strikes.

While many just accept that as the natural order of the world, Nao refuses to just be what he considers as a puppet of fate.

Right now, Nao's training is mostly focused on the basics like taijutsu, ninjutsu and genjutsu. He plans to focus on those and on the Yamanaka clan's hidden techniques.

The Yamanaka clan's hidden techniques have a lot of potential. The ability to manipulate minds wasn't something that could be underestimated, it has the potential to reach very far.

So for now, Nao plans to build influence within his clan and gain access to more of its jutsus, he already knows some of the basic Jutsus of his clan such as the [Mind Body Switch Technique].

'[Clone Technique].' Nao thought in his mind, to help him concentrate on using the Jutsu.

A dozen clones appeared with a gray smoke, all looking identical to nao.

'The basic academy jutsus are often overlooked,' thought Nao, his hands reaching to his shuriken pouch. 'But they can be very useful, the [Clone Technique] for instance can be used to create several moving shuriken targets.'

Immediately, Nao began throwing shurikens at his illusionary clones, sometimes hitting and sometimes missing, replacing the clones if he managed to destroy the majority of them.

This served as a training to both his chakra reserves and throwing accuracy. Soon after Nao got an idea to increase the difficulty and effectiveness of his training.

He made his clones throw their shuriken at him, making him dodge those shurikens and use the [Body Replacement Technique] when he couldn’t physically judge the rain of illusionary shurikens directed at him.

Nao continued doing that until his chakra reserves dropped significantly.

After which he began his physical training, doing standard training practices such push ups, squats and running etc. Followed by a lot of variation of the Leaf Sticking Technique on, such as sticking several leafs on his body.

While I don't think you should over describe there is no description of what the building Nao is inside looks like, wouldn't a ninja be wary of there surroundings incase of any traps so it serves as a good exposition.

'Training sure does make time pass faster.' Thought Nao while sitting on the ground with sweat coming out of his body. '4 hours already passed and while my training for today is nowhere near finished, I will go and visit Inoichi's house first before I continue my training.'

And so Nao headed to his uncle's house, now wearing clean clothes instead of his previous one which got sweaty during his training.

Nao stood in front of his uncle's house, pressed the bell and waited for a while until the door was opened.

"Oh. It’s you Nao." Said Ino, a bit surprised due to not anticipating him visiting them today.

"Hi Ino, sorry for dropping  by so suddenly. I just wanted to greet uncle Inoichi, now that he is back from his mission." Replied Nao.

"Don't worry about such a thing. Now come inside quickly." Replied Ino nonchalantly.

"Then, I will take on your offer." Nao entered the house, and had put his shoes in its designated place.

"Dad is now in the living room." said Ino.

Nao went with Ino to the living room, heading toward Inoichi.

"Hi Nao, how are you doing these days?" Asked Inoichi softly, a small but visible smile plastered on his face.

"Quite good, uncle. how about you?" Replied Nao.

"I am doing good, don't worry much, I didn't survive a great ninja war to be worried about by you kids." Said Inoichi while laughing vigorously. "How is your training going? How is your progress with the [Mind Body Switch Technique]?, I remember that you were training it before I went on my mission."

"My training is going well, I managed to raise my proficiency with the [Mind Body Switch Technique] to a degree where I could do it with no hand seals a while ago." Said Nao, a small proud smile on his face, but it quickly went off when he remembered how far from his goal that was.

"I still can't do that, can you demonstrate how you do it for me, Nao? Seeing how you do it may give me additional insight about the Jutsu." Asked Ino, a bit excited about that as she is very interested in Jutsus like most kids her age.

"Sure, I could demonstrate it on one of the rabbits that our clan raises to practice our Jutsus on, we just need to go to the training ground the rabbits reside in." Replied Nao, shrugging his shoulders before agreeing.

"That's a good idea, I agree." Said Inoichi before standing up and going out of the house.

Ino and Nao quickly followed him and they headed to the training ground together.

'[Mind Body Switch Technique].' Thought Nao.

Nao used the Jutsu with no hand seals on one of the rabbits, and his body had fallen on the ground, his mind now in the rabbit's body.

Nao played some tricks in front of Ino while controlling the rabbit's body before cancelling the Jutsu and returning to his body.

"That's so awesome, can you give me tips later?" Asked Ino, excited with some sparkles manifesting into her eyes.

"Sure, how about tomorrow at 3 pm?" Replied Nao.

"That's good with me." Said Ino.

"My little princess is growing out!" Said Inoichi, rivers of tears of happiness  going down from his eyes. "Today is a day of celebration, now only if my little princess's crush on that bastard Sasuke disappeared, I can die peacefully."

"Dad, stop embarrassing me," Said Ino, her face flushed from embarrassment. "And also for the 100th time, neither Sasuke-kun nor my love for him is a bad influence on me!" Argued Ino passionately.

"As if concentrating on that bastard more than your training will do you any good, and more importantly any threat to my little princess's purity is something that should be eliminated!" Said Inoichi passionately, however it was clear that he was joking, even if he didn’t approve of Ino's crush on Sasuke.

The trio continued their conversation, messing with each other and laughing together.

"It's getting late and you will go home soon so I should say this now," Said Inoichi, then his face suddenly turned serious. "Since you made so much progress in your training, how about I reward you by teaching you the [Mind Body Disturbance Technique]?"

Ino looked at the situation a bit jealous, she still hadn't mastered the [Mind Body Switch Technique] but that is to be expected as Nao is older than her.

'I really should up my training,' thought Ino. 'At the rate I am progressing at, I won't be able to do the [Mind Body Switch Technique] with no hand seal before graduation, even though it was the basic clan technique that everyone in the clan learned early on, as the Clan heiress I should do that before I graduate.'

"Thank you uncle, I will of course agree to receive your reward." Bowed Nao a bit, an appreciative smile on his face.

Inoichi began teaching Nao the steps to use the [Mind Body Disturbance Technique].

Because it's a variation of the [Mind Body Switch Technique] which Nao is already proficient at to the degree he doesn't need hand seals to use it, Nao was progressive at an impressive rate.

He was trying to use it on one of the rabbits.

Time passed and Nao tried and failed multiple times, his chakra reserves beginning to feel the drain.

"don't put pressure on yourself, Nao," said Inoichi sternly, but when he saw the determination in Nao's eyes, Inoichi's eyes softened. "You should rest for now, I could continue teaching you the jutsu tomorrow."

"Don't worry uncle, just let me try for one last time then I will stop training for today." Replied Nao with a determined look on his face.

"Sigh, then Fine, just be warned that I won't allow you to train after you have your last try." Said Inoichi, a look of annoyance and fondness appearing on his face.

"Thank you Uncle." Said Nao.

Nao quickly went through the hand seals, and then focused for a while before using the jutsu.

'[Mind Body Disturbance Technique].' Thought Nao.

Part of Nao's chakra was sent to the rabbit's nervous system, surprisingly this time the chakra that carries part of Nao's consciousness succeeded to take over the rabbit's body.

Nao was able to feel a connection between the part of his consciousness in the rabbit's body and himself.

"Congratulations on learning the Technique this fastly, your determination is splendid, especially for someone your age," Said Inoichi with a proud smile on his face. "Just don't stress yourself, training without rest will only lead you to a path of self destruction."

"Thank you, uncle. I will put your advice close to my heart." Replied Nao with a small but genuine smile on his face.

'Even if I still didn't truly learn the jutsu, and can only perform it with a lot of concentration, and only on being with a weak mind like animals… this is not an abysmal start, learning a B-rank jutsu this fast.' thought Nao with a grin on his face.


6