Chapter 3
116 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 (3rd POV)

Anbu, they are the black ops of the hidden villages. They are responsible of the high profile assassination, infiltration, sabotage and so on from the missions and tasks that normal ninja aren't assigned.

Usually, prominent Chunins and Jounins who have a specialty or affinity that aligns with the line of work of the Anbu, are given the offer to join Anbu. Though, of course, any strong enough Ninja who is seen as someone who is willing to work in Anbu is also given an offer.

However, the Kyuubi attack and the 3rd great ninja war had caused Konoha a loss of a lot of troops, which by turn resulted in a significant lack of Anbu.

Which was exactly why Shimura Danzo was pushing to recruit several students, who had talent and a personality that was Anbu material, from each ninja academy in konoha and train them up to bar in the quickest possible time to replenish their forces.

Such recruitment tactics are normally used by branches like The Root. However, desperate times lead to desperate measures, which was why this was proposed in the elder council.

Sarutobi Hiruzen was faced with 2 options: 

One — to reject Danzo's proposal out of morals and ethics, as sending children to become Ninja is drastically different than sending them to become Anbu, who were responsible for the dirty work of the village, as that will cause the children much more mental and physical damage.

Two — to accept the proposal and gain a much needed manpower in Anbu. Sacrificing the happiness of many young children of konoha, just to gain an edge in the arms race between Konoha and the other villages, particularly Kumo and Iwa.

Currently, a meeting for these two decisions was happening between Hiruzen, Danzo and the rest of the council.

Hiruzen puffed a smoke in his pipe and removed his pipe before he said, "Okay, fine, I agree to this proposal. The good of many is always above the good of few. Konoha is in a bad situation, we are weaker than we had ever been. Kumo and Iwa surpassed our military strength, our economy is in a bad situation, and so is every other village except Kumo,"

"In such a situation, we must stand strong and increase our strength as much as possible." Continued Hiruzen sternly, his presence and charisma worthy of a war veteran that survived all 3 great ninja wars.

"When will we implement this new act?" Asked Danzo with a raised eyebrow, however, he was internally pleased with Hiruzen being more proactive in arming Konoha's forces and replenishing it, though he wouldn't admit that to someone other than himself.

"After three weeks or so, unless you or the other councillors have a suggestion regarding this." Asked Hiruzen, even while knowing that Danzo, Homura and Koharu won't defy him for such an irrelevant thing, especially Danzo as his proposal was just accepted.

"No, We don't." Replied Homura after exchanging glances with Danzo and Koharu, silently communicating with them.

"Then this meeting is now over. Farewell until the next meeting, Councillor Homura, Koharu and Danzo." Said Hiruzen, giving them a short nod of acknowledgement before seeing them head out.

Two weeks had passed since Nao had learned the [Mind Body Disturbance Technique]. His skill in it increased to the degree where he could use it in battle.

His training was showing its effects as he can now use the Clone and Replacement Technique without hand seals, which is unusual even for Genins, his taijutsu also had progressed well enough.

Though his physique didn't improve substantially, it's still somewhat expected as it takes time to improve but Nao was still a bit disappointed in that regard, but he was still overall pleased with the results of his training.

His talent was pretty good which was one of the reasons his training progressed that well, although it couldn't even slightly compare to the likes of Orochimaru, Minato, Kakashi and Itachi.

While he was musing, Nao saw someone surprising…

Might Guy was going through his day as usual. Which meant he was gonna train to the absolute limit of his body.

Guy was pleasantly surprised when he sensed a youthful young soul training near him. The fire of youth burning brightly in the next generation, always was a happy moment for him.

Which was why Guy went onto his training with a good mood, filled with the power of youth. 

The young man continued his training for a long time with a high intensity, which in turn, made Guy decide to train 3 times the time the young man does.

However, as more time and hours passed, Guy was surprised to see that the young man continued his training that long.

The young man, Nao, headed to Guy and said, "Excuse me, sir, to introduce myself, my name is Yamanaka Nao. May I ask you a question?"

"Of course. you can ask me a question, who am I to suppress the young's fire of youth and curiosity." Replied Guy, doing a thumb up with a shining grin on his face.

"What motivates you to train this much? It's been more than 6 hours since you began training and you don't seem to plan to stop, I am intrigued by what motivates a man like you." Said Nao, his eyebrows furrowed in a partly genuine confusion of why Guy trains to this degree.

Guy laughed lightly, before answering the question, "The answer is simple. The will of fire, the will to fight for the village which I consider to be my home, the village which raised me and my close ones, the villagers which I consider to be my family. I became a ninja, trained, fought and pushed myself to the limit for that reason, just like my father did to me and the village."

"I can understand that, the desire to protect our home and people, I think it's a very noble reason for becoming a ninja. If it isn't too much of an inconvenience, can you give me pointers on my taijutsu training? I observed that you are particularly good at Taijutsu." Said Nao, his eyes shining with enthusiasm for training, though for a different reason than Guy thinks.

"Might Guy. My name is Might Guy, young Nao. Guiding the next generation in their training, no matter how minorly is my honour." Replied Guy with his trademark smile and thumb up.

"Thank you so much, Guy-san." Said Nao after bowing a bit to show his gratitude.

And so Guy began guiding Nao, significantly increasing Nao's progress in taijutsu.

Might Guy is a true taijutsu master, he trained his whole life to perfect it, from the way he positioned his fingers to the way his eyes perceive things, his movements were made to absolutely destroy his opponent and render their attacks useless.

His punches were aimed at the most effective place to cause the most damage to his opponent, even the way he positioned his knuckles looked carefully calculated to fracture his opponents bones.

Guy's advices and instructions were like a gold mine to Nao, each of them perfecting his attack, defense and reaction to the degree where Nao was more surprised about how he didn't do this before.

3 more hours passed and the time for Nao and Guy to separate had come. At least for Nao, as the beast in disguise called Guy still planned to train, muttering something about training 3 times as much as him.

"I can't properly express how thankful I am to all the instructions and guidance you gave me, Guy-san." Bowed Nao, before giving Guy a look of complete sincere gratitude.

"Don't worry about that too much, Nao. As I previously stated, it's my honour to guide the promising members of the next generation such as you." Replied Guy with a smile while he swatted his hand.

After saying his farewell to Guy, Nao headed back to his home, unaware of the surprise waiting for him in the academy.


***

***

9