Chapter 4 – Academy Training (Rewritten)
333 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My name is Iruka Umino. I will be your teacher for your academy days." He turned around to write his name on the chalkboard, but noticed a drawing of a cute cat in the bottom right corner.

"Who drew this?" He turned back to the class, but seeing no one come forward, he sighed. He just erased it, moving on writing his name on the board.

"Iruka Umino spelled this way." Iruka pointing to the chalkboard. "I will be taking attendance."

"Ikko Gima!"

"Here!"

"Ino Yamanaka!"

"Here!"

"Aki Shiroi!"

"Here!" I raised my arm once I heard my name called out.

"Sasuke Uchiha!"

"Here."

"Kyaaa!"

I heard a wave of shouts and cheering once Sasuke's name was said. "Wow. It's true, he has a crazy fanbase."

After getting attendance seeing that everyone is here Iruka wrote three sentences on the chalkboard after erasing his name.

  1. Love the village and hope to help preserve peace and prosperity.
  2. Have a mind that will not yield, able to endure hard training and work.
  3. Be healthy in mind and body.

"These are the three requirements you need to be accepted into the academy. We all have the will of fire within us to protect each other. To help the village out. You all are here to learn what it means to be a ninja." Iruka gave a thunderous speech, but the kids here didn't even pay attention.

"You have been given the curriculum of the classes we will be teaching at the academy. You will be graded, so don't think of skipping assignments. For our first class, follow me outside." Iruka grabbed a clipboard, opening the classroom door. "You don't need to bring anything, just leave it in the class." He said, as some students grabbed their utensils.

Aki and the kids stood up from their seats to walk down to the front of the classroom, following Iruka outside. Going through the backdoor of the academy, it opened to a large open space with chain link fences, and a wooden fence to the side. On the dirt was an oval, white shape on the floor. There was a fairly large running track further away. 

"Once I call your name, you will enter the circle on your respective sides." Iruka held a clipboard in his right hand. "We will be doing an old tradition. Shinobi Sparring."

Standing at the edge of the group, I listen Iruka speaking. "To start, Aki Shiroi! Renho Hirai! Step forward."

"Me!" With a bright smile, I run into the circle to the left side as Renho walked to the right side.

"What are we doing, sensei?" Renho raised her arm, asking Iruka.

"You will be sparring against each other. Before you begin, you must make the Unison Sign." Iruka spoke with a serious face, bringing his left hand up like a peace sign with the fingers together. Seeing Iruka I copied his left hand making the Unison Sign. "Good. You too Renho." Renho also made it after seeing me do it.

"This is the Seal of Confrontation you must do this sign before sparring, and once the sparring is over you make this sign. This is the Seal of Reconciliation. You always start by showing your opponent a one-handed sign, which represents half of the two hands used when unleashing a jutsu, and displays your intention to fight! This is called the Spar Sign. After the sparring is done and the victor is decided, both partners present the spar sign, then bring their hands together to form the Unison Sign as a show of friendship. This is the etiquette of hand-to-hand combat."

"Aki Shiroi. Renho Hirai. Start!"

Turning into serious mode, I remove my smile. Running forward I tackle Renho who froze up seeing me fearlessly run towards her. At that moment, I copied what happened in the anime, having my fist centimeters away from her face.

"Aki Shiroi wins. Now perform the Seal of Reconciliation." I lifted Renho up from the ground before showing half of the symbol. Renho after some seconds completed the seal. "Good, you've done the Unison Sign. Next!" The next minutes Iruka repeated, calling up two people, having them spar and calling the winner. 

Some time later, "Next, Naruto Uzumaki!" Iruka read out from the clipboard.

In the group shouted Naruto in a loud excited voice "Yes!"

"Ow! Naruto has a very loud voice." I turn to see him wearing a black shirt with a red swirl in the middle. He had shard blond hair sticking up with a green goggle headband. I heard the other classmates whisper to each other. 

"Is he the one...?"

"My parents said not to speak with him."

"He's one guy I don't want to be paired up with." 

"Wait, this is the flashback episode! If it is true, then Naruto will be absolutely pummeled by Sasuke today. Sometime later, he will also lose to choji's butt attack."

I already know what will happen. Seeing them both walk up inside the circle while the crazy fans scream for Sasuke. "Start!"

I had no time to process how quick of a spar it was the same as mine, in fact even faster. "Sasuke wins!" Naruto laid on the floor flat as Sasuke held a fist over his face, shocked and dazed. "Now both of you make the Unison Sign. All right, next!" Iruka looked back to his clipboard, not paying attention to those two.

Sasuke got up, walking away as Naruto was still dazed. Naruto finally realizing that he lost shouted to Sasuke. "Wait! So you couldn't care less about me, is that it, you turd?! No, you piece of crap! Hard and runny! Stupid! Stupid!"

"The guy's so dumb, he can't even swear properly." Kiba said in a sigh.

"I'd wish he'd make up his mind if he's constipated or got the runs. The reason is..." the gloomy bug guy said, I think his name is Shino?

"That's what I mean by you being fixated on the minor details!" Kiba exclaimed.

"Hmph" Sasuke said while looked down at Naruto.

"You got something to say to me, you hard and runny crap-turd?!" Shouted Naruto. "Ouch!" Oh, Iruka hit Naruto's head.

"Didn't I tell you that Shinobi Hand-to-Hand Combat is a sacred tradition?! Now hurry up and make the Unison Sign! You too, Sasuke! Damn it..." Iruka pouted.

"Hmph" This time Naruto said it.

"You want a piece of me, you loser?!" Sasuke egged Naruto.

They both grabbed the other's shirt collar, both staring at each other. "Hey! That's enough! Both of you!" Iruka got in-between, separating them both.

"Naruto's the worst!"

"What is up with him?"

"Peh!" Naruto stuck out his tongue, running away. Jumping over that high fence. Now sensei is stun locked... I would be too if this was my first day.

13