Chapter 7 – Mending Relationships
220 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Thunk *Thunk *Thunk

The sounds of a kunai embedding onto a wooden target. Overhead, the target points appeared as if it was a video game.

+20 points
+10 points
+10 points

"The eyes of a player. So, I see the world as a player." After yesterday's flood of information after seven years of silence, Aki had so much to accomplish. Having forgiven IWS for its forceful summon into another world, Aki loved living here. Walking to the target to retrieve her kunai's she walked back behind the white line to throw again.

Today's class is about shurikenjutsu. Despite its name, shurikenjutsu is not only using shurikens, but things like senbon, kunai's, and any other hand-held bladed weapons. Aki looked over to the transparent quest panel.

{Repeat} Combo Quest: Target Practice
Hit the bullseye three times in a row

 Kunai - (0/1)
 Shuriken - (0/1)
 Senbon - (0/1)

Reward: +3 DEX each

In her last attempt, she was lucky and hit the bullseye once, resulting in the 20 points. The ten points are the circle around the bullseye, the next circle is worth five points, and the last circle is only worth one point.

*Thunk *Thunk *Thunk

"60 points! Well done Sasuke."

"Kyah!~"

"Sasuke!~"

I looked over to see Sasuke strolling towards his kunai's they all landed in the bullseye. Next was the large group of Sasuke fan's who would go crazy whenever Sasuke did anything cool.

"I can do better! Just you see!" I deadpan look at Naruto shouting. I wonder why he even tries to compete with Sasuke when there is a clear gap.

*Woosh *Woosh *Woosh

"HEY!" I heard Iruka scream out as a kunai flew at him, thrown by Naruto. Suppressing a giggle coming out. I smile, looking at Naruto frozen like a statue after throwing those kunai's.

"Naruto! Zero points!"

"Eh!" Naruto shouts out surprised. Laughter rang out in the class during the first weeks as the children who have been told by their parents avoided Naruto started to find him as the class clown. The clan children weren't told this, after all, they had no problem talking to Naruto or hanging around him. Those who told their child to stay away were the civilians who were afraid of the monster inside him.

Aki turned her focus away from Naruto back to the target, getting ready to throw the kunai's.

+20 points
+20 points
+20 points

{Repeat} Combo Quest: Target Practice
Hit the bullseye three times in a row

 Kunai - (1/1) COMPLETE
 Shuriken - (0/1)
 Senbon - (0/1)

Reward: +3 DEX each

+3 DEX

"Eh!? I got three bullseye in a row?" Aki surprised believed that, it was just luck. Yet, she did not notice that her body relaxed after laughing at Naruto's shenanigans. 

At the academy, they believe that all those who attend must have solid basics before they can graduate as a genin. The teachers will test you on taijutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu. There is a written test, but it is not required to graduate as a genin. It seems that after the wars they lowered the requirement needed to graduate in their time of needing more fighters. This was when the fourth hokage was alive in the third ninja war.

One of the things they teach is that your weaker arm still has to be good enough. Not to the level of your main hand, but to the point where there isn't a weakness. So if you are good at throwing with your right hand but not with your left, then you will need to train your left arm to the point it is "good".

Aki continued throwing the kunai at the target, alternating hands. Changing from right to left and back to right. 

Gained New Skill* [Marksmanship] Lv.1

"Huh?" It wasn't surprising that Aki was confused after all for the past seven years without the system, many problems arose. 

{This is another function that I automated.}

"Why were you gone for seven years then? Couldn't you come earlier?" Frustrated, Aki angrily thought out. 

{... That is my fault. Please forgive me.}

"Fine. I am just annoyed, but you are here now. IWS I know that you are trying to redeem yourself. So thank you."

{(˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )}

"Stop crying, it's weird. I already forgave you." Shivers ran up Aki's back. "Quit being gloomy, it happened, I got over it. So you should do it as well." Sighing, Aki mentally went up to hug IWS that sat in her mind. 

{(◕ヘ◕)}

"Are you okay?"

{Yes.}

"Hm... I haven't really asked for your name, IWS. Let's start on the right step forward. My name is Ray Everly, and you?"

{I am the Invading Worlds System, you can call me IWS.}

"Then IWS let's be friends."

{(⦁ᴗ⦁) Yes!}

Smiling, Aki feeling better, after mending her relationship with IWS looked back to the new skill.

[Marksmanship] Lv.1 {Passive}
(Skilled in throwing projectiles reaching targets with high accuracy)

+10% Accuracy to throwing weapons

"A permanent bonus to accuracy when using throwing weapons. IWS why is it gray?"

{That is the skill rank. There are multiple skill ranks being: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra, Epic, Legendary, and Ancient}

"A common skill. IWS can I ask more about the system? Can you explain a little of everything?"

{Sure! I am the Invading Worlds System. I am capable of entering into fictional worlds from there I give my users a task they must accomplish, and the rewards will automatically be given in accordance to the danger of that task. For you, the task to survive to the end of five fictional worlds.}

{After that, you will be reincarnated to that world at my discretion of where the story starts and ends. For Naruto, the story begins at the birth of Naruto and after the ending of Naruto Shippuden. Boruto is a completely different story that you will not be doing.}

"That's good, I also don't really like Boruto after all they ruined many of the characters I liked."

{With the system you are given access to these functions: Status, Character, Attributes, Equipment, Skills. I have updated it so that quests, levels, skills and many others are not that reliant on me.}

"In short, I had a bugged system before?"

{Yeah. As you weren't a user before but a half-user, it is more like having a bugged demo.}

"Now I have full access to the system as a user, right?"

{Yes. This is about it. Please don't let me ruin your experience, I like spectating more. If you wish to talk, then we can talk. Then I will be going! (*^▽^)/}

Aki felt the presence within her mind retreating as if IWS left to another room. "Goodbye, IWS I'll call if I want a chat." Aki mentally waved at IWS. "Well, IWS was more human than I thought." Smiling after seeing IWS face, Aki no longer kept this grudge inside her, moving on officially. "Time to live in the Naruto world as I please, I suppose."

11