Chapter 10 – Training Course
210 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we came to the set location, it was a fairly open space in the forest. You could see targets already set up all around the place hanging from the trees, on the trees themselves, or next to bushes and in other places that required the person to have a good eye to spot them.

"You will be running through this course there are twenty targets, and you will only get twenty kunai's. Mizuki-sensei will show you how to do this course." I could sense animosity from Mizuki towards Iruka. He had an evil face that was not likable despite him trying to smile. Mizuki waved to the classroom while having a smile on his face. Most of the kids didn't really pay attention to the details, only focused on the task at hand.

"Then Mizuki-sensei, will you please." Iruka asked.

"Watch me, a real chunin do it." Although at first it doesn't sound condescending, but when you know that Mizuki means to put down Iruka you can notice the signs. Mizuki then started to run through the course. Throwing kunais at the targets, he hit all twenty targets in less than a minute.

"Woah!"

"That was so cool!"

"Amazing!"

The entire class was shocked at the amazing performance of Mizuki-sensei, seeing him easily hit all those twenty targets was super cool. Even I thought it was amazing with how he moved through the forest with such skill. "So this is a chunin." Iruka smiled, seeing the children get excited.

"Then we will be going in the order of your grade. First is Sasuke." Screams and cheers erupted, in fact I feel like I've grown immune to this. The loud shouting and Sasuke fans was annoying at first, but I learned to ignore them. After all, they would cheer for anything that Sasuke does.

=== {Quest!} ===
<Iruka Umino> Lv. ???

Training Quest - Rank {E}
[Kunai Training Course]
Description: There are twenty targets spread throughout the area, hit each target accurately while in a timed manner.
{Unlimited Attempts}
Reward: Graded
Failure: Points Deducted
Accept? / Decline?

"An assignment that Iruka grades us on. The factors are the accuracy, and how fast you can accomplish this course." Aki accepted the quest, seeing no reason to decline, just like many previous quests. Looking up, I could see Sasuke waiting for Iruka to get ready. As Iruka pulled out a stopwatch, he looked over, seeing Sasuke was ready. 

"Are you ready?" Sasuke nodded his head. "Go!" Iruka shouted as he clicked to start the stopwatch.

Sasuke ran through the course, moving through the forest as if he was a monkey. He easily weaved through the trees, all the while throwing the kunai's with such accuracy, hitting each target even better than Mizuki-sensei. Within a minute, Sasuke completed the course with a perfect 20/20. It isn't required to hit the bullseye, only to hit the target itself, so Sasuke went up and beyond with his performance.

"Perfect Sasuke! You are free to go." Iruka seeing that Sasuke passed, he allowed him to leave early. Since today is a training course, you only need to stay until you get a passing grade, then you are free to go. Sasuke seeing his results left to go back to the Uchiha Clan. Although this was out in the forest of the Konoha Village since it's nearby and with the assurance of ANBU watching over they had nothing to fear.

"Then next..." Before Iruka could complete his sentence, Naruto interrupted him. 

"Let me go next! I can show you all that I am better than Sasuke." Iruka sighed in defeat as he knew Naruto was stubborn, gave up and let him go.

"Go!" Iruka shouted as he started the stopwatch, keenly watching Naruto go through the course. Naruto copied how Sasuke went through the forest, throwing the kunai in the general direction before coming up to Iruka at the end.

"How was that! I was faster than Sasuke!" Naruto gloated in happiness.

"Oi, Naruto, you missed all your kunai's." I couldn't help but look away as Naruto caused me pain by his stupid actions. "I think it will be a year later when Naruto trains himself because he was always behind in class. Then to get attention he would be a prankster, and it was during that time when Iruka would finally open to him."

"Naruto, zero points!" Iruka exclaimed.

"What!"

"This course is not about speed. It is about how well can you travel and throw kunai's at different targets with high accuracy. You missed the entire point! Stay behind." Iruka shouted at Naruto.

"Whatever!" Naruto shouted back before running away.

"Oi, Naruto!" Iruka seeing as he hurt Naruto's feeling shouted back for him to return.

"Leave the monster, if he wants to run away, so be it." Mizuki whispered into Iruka's ear. "I didn't know you were this evil." He gloated, seeing Iruka guilty. 

"Iruka-sensei are you alright?" A student asked seeing him down. Iruka, seeing that he was causing worry to the rest of the student's sobered up to continue the training course.

"Next, Aki Shiroi."

"It's me." Stepping up to the starting line, I felt nervous, this was the first time I would be doing something like a real ninja. Sure, I threw kunai's and shuriken's before. But that was on flat ground, standing at a distance. I replayed the entire course in my head. "First, the three targets on the tree. Next, jump onto the branch to hit the high targets like the one hanging from a wire and those two targets low in the shrubs."

"Ready, Go!"

"Wait! I'm not ready!" Seeing as Iruka started the timer, I ran through copying what Sasuke did, taking my time to hit each target. In about three minutes I completed the course and I knew I failed.

"Aki Shiroi, 14 points in three minutes. Stay behind to try again."

"Ha~." Aki sighed as she was disappointed with herself losing to a child. 

11