Chapter 18 – A Moment of Clarity
98 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait!" Aki shouted in desperation. She desperately tried to defend herself from the quick attacks from Kimimaro. Only able to deflect them leaving multiple scratches on herself.

-8 HP

-12 HP

-13 HP

Aki looked in fear at her HP bar. It was already in the yellow reaching halfway. If she didn't have this system she would be as good as dead. A nasty wound like the one Kimimaro gave would already make her unable to use her left leg. Seeing that he didn't stop nor go all out knew that he was told to train her and not kill her.

He could easily kill her with the first attack to the head, yet he only slashed my leg. Aki knowing that he wouldn't kill her grew a little more confident but was still scared. "Kimimaro who is stronger than drunken rock lee and almost beat Gaara as well. Only losing due to his illness." 

Aki reached for her pouch but found it missing. Seeing that she had nothing besides the chakra and her curse mark it didn't look that well for her. "Shoot, I should've learned some actually jutsu's. I was too careful..." Facing Kimimaro's attacks she dodged with her life using clone's, and substitution trying her best to hide or run.

"I need to stop holding myself back. I know what my issue is." Aki had an epiphany she could have easily secretly learned advance jutsu's but for the sake of fitting in she didn't. Setting a limit not allowing herself to grow, this self-hurting action would have taken her life. "You idiot, look at Naruto. How did he become the most powerful ninja?"

"Because, Naruto wasn't thinking of who is looking at him. Naruto wasn't thinking of who was judging him. Naruto had set his goal and fought for it. Proving his words with his actions. Looking forwards and not behind. In a way I am just like Sasuke. Someone talented thinking not putting in as much effort as you can."

"While I put 80% effort. Naruto puts in 110% effort. There is no thought as to who will outgrow the other." Aki knew this thought, but she distracted herself and constantly made excuses thinking that if she lived quietly she would be free. "That isn't how it works. You need the strength possible to control your life otherwise you would only be puppets to the strong ones."

"Obito was a puppet to Madara, and Madara was a puppet to black Zetsu. Zetsu worked for Kaguya and Kaguya was a puppet of the Otsutsuki Clan." Aki looked up thinking how funny there was a person that always seemed to be above yet not many think about the person who lives above. But, the ants roaming below.

 

You could say that Aki was pessimistic. Lately it has been true. For years, she was gladly living with a happy expression excited about chakra. But, connections hurt the most seeing the lovely people you know will die. Aki had a special way of thinking, of why she should not affect the timeline of the world for two major reasons.

One is once she changes an event it will go off track in the future she knows of. And this might change it drastically whether Kaguya is sealed once again or released becoming the overlord of this world. The fear of the unknown reaches to all. 

But, there is another reason Aki felt that she shouldn't affect the timeline of the world. Character development. What would happen if Aki opened her mouth saying to Orochimaru. Hey you become a good person in the future! Also, you solved immortality and have a son! Would this take away the sense of achievement that he deserves from his hard work of research.

Also, the fact that although he is a good person in the future right now in the present he is pretty much evil. Researching on children the wood style chakra. Edo tensei the ability of rebirth after death. And sacrificing his minions lives for the sake of his own self prolonging. Aki didn't know whether he might fail or not if she were to say the future events.

It might also destruct and ruin their skills. They might become too reliant on the future they don't think of the present. Just like Nostrade family leader and his daughter Neon. He was too reliant on the future sight of his daughter when she passed away he had no skills to keep his business afloat.

The small gains of now or the large gains of the future.

 

Aki soon collapsed on the floor. She was truthfully scared of approaching Kimimaro knowing that he could grow a bone armor. Only thinking of dodging and making as much room as possible.

Aki passed out in exhaustion. Waking up she found herself back in her room. Sitting up suddenly she remembers the events of yesterday.

"How was your first day of training?" A voice spoke in the corner of her room. Looking up she found Kabuto. Her eyes widened for a moment before closing.

In a quiet shy voice Aki responded. "It was okay."

"That was disastrous not okay." Kabuto sharply spoke the results. "You make no signs of attacking. Only running and dodging. If you don't land a single hit today... just know that you likely won't survive. Orochimaru isn't pleased with your results." He pushed his glasses up before leaving the room leaving the prodding Aki alone to her thoughts.

 

Aki sighed sliding down back into the bed. Wanting to cover herself and just sleep. "Focus Aki!" Slapping her face. "You've done enough reflecting. It's time to focus on the present and not the future." Although she felt terrible inside with a gnawing feeling that since she has been reincarnated in this world that this will come one way or another.

Just much sooner than she was expecting. "Think of it this way Aki. Maybe you can learn immortality from Orochimaru and Kabuto. I can think of them as two smart mentors, and they are willing to train me. I have to show that I have some promise otherwise I will become a science test-subject."

With a heavy heart she got out of bed. "But, where do I go?"

1