Chapter 1: Chosen As Disciples
38 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Knock! Knock!

Loud knocks echoed through the dilapidated room as the lone man in his white messy pajamas woke up before leisurely getting up, ignoring how the knocks become anxious now. 

"Charles! Charles! You better get up now! We will be late for our early routine practice!" a shout travels through the door, almost deafening the other man.

The lone man, Charles, was still calm as he casually put his uniform that was placed beside the nightstand before opening the door. A burly big man appeared in his strange vision, looking at him as if wanting to kill him.

"Damn you! Why are you always waking up so late?! If we get another punishment, I'll kill you!" the big man said as he grip Charles' neck. 

Exerting some force, Charles hasn't still feel any pain or suffocation, as his face remained calm. The big man, Joseph, has gotten used to this that it makes him really want to kill Charles and watch his calm face twisting for mercy.

"What's happening here?" A sudden voice echoed, making Joseph instantly lose his grip as he smiled at the middle-aged woman.

"Nothing, Ma'am. We will go towards the training field now." Joseph, with his forced smile, dragged Charles away as if dragging some garbage bag.

Hiyaa! Clang! Swish!

Numerous loud sounds suddenly echoed as Charles and Joseph reached the training field since numerous students had already begun to yield their own metal swords, showcasing their might and strength, not afraid of getting hurt. On the side of the training field, some middle-aged woman sat quietly, patiently waiting for someone to be injured while at the backside of the training field, you can see three strong and burly men, wearing golden armor, attentively looking at all students.

These three people were known as the three strongest knights that capable of killing dragons. Although they can't use magic, their strength and swordsmanship can't be underestimated or else you'll be killed without knowing. These three knights were also currently the leader of the famous army that the current emperor takes a liking to.

In this world, magic and sword are the only things that people based their life on. Those who excel in these two can be revered second to the emperor and royal family. 

"Can I get everyone's attention?" A loud voice, as loud as a thunder, echoed making all students halt. An old man, yet despite his old age, still has a big body and strong aura, making students and even the three respect him.

"Very good! Today.. is a special day for you all. As all of you can see, we have these three famous knights observing today, as they will try to pick the 3 best students who excel at swordsmanship. The chosen 3 will also be the representative of our academy in this upcoming tournament." the principal said, making all students excited. This is a really rare chance for them.. since being chosen by the three was akin to finding a dragon essence.

"You can continue your practice now." The principal said as he let all students excitedly showcase their full abilities.

"Hey, Charles! You better give me this chance! Or else.. I'll kill you!" Joseph, who was assigned to be Charles' practice partner threatened the latter. Although Charles was never been good at swordsmanship, Joseph can't be too complacent as Charles might have good swordsmanship and just doesn't want to show it.

Charles remains silent as the look in his eyes becomes a bit colder than before. The thing he hates about a person is those who are using their strength to attain what they desired!

As all students start their fight, Charles then goes to the left side before getting into standing in a slanted position with bent knees. Joseph was quite surprised to see Charles changing position from him, but just smirk at it as he was confident that he will defeat the latter. Seeing how Charles gets into his position, Joseph mimics the latter as he gripped his sword tightly.

Charles looks at Joseph with a cold glare as he grips the sword properly, different from how Joseph holds his sword. Placing his right hand at the top end of the grip, while placing his left at the bottom end of the grip, closer to the pommel, Charles actually snatches some attention from the observer.

Charles also opens his body at a 45° angle with his hip facing towards Joseph, without aiming it towards the side.

"Hiyaa!" Joseph, holding his heavy metal sword, stabbed at Charles with a strong force as Charles just took a step away, evading the attack.

Joseph didn't expect Charles to evade his attack as he got somewhat annoyed. Swiping his sword towards Charles, Charles just lifts the blade of his sword as he successfully blocks the attack.

"Damn you, Charles! How.. how can you possibly avoid my attack?!" Joseph angrily said but Charles remain quiet as he just look at Joseph, not intending to attack or catch some attention. He just stands there, not steadily, as he waits for Joseph to attack him.

"Die!" Receiving no answer, Joseph cut across towards Charles but the latter just step backward waiting for the second attack again.

Joseph then moved toward Charles bringing his sword, but Charles took a large step backward as well. Attacking with anger, Charles just parries the attack before pushing Joseph easily, making the latter surprised. How.. how did a man with a small body like him able to push him and outdo him with strength? That was strange!

"You! So.. you're hiding your true abilities after all! No wonder I never took a liking to you!! I'll definitely beat you up and be included in the chosen three." Joseph claimed with confidence as he attack Joseph.

Charles although not obvious, naturally got mad at those words, thus making him step backward from the upcoming sword before counter-attacking, wounding Joseph's arms.

Blood leaks out from Joseph, as his eyes become widened and then screamed from the pain. This.. this is the first time he had become wounded by someone when it comes to sword fighting!

"Ah!!! Damn you, Charles!! I.. I'll kill you!!" Joseph was riled up now as he throw his sword away before launching it toward Charles.

Gripping Charles' uniform and lifting him upward, Joseph throw Charles to the ground before topping him, as numerous strong punches followed.

"Joseph! You better stop now!" the principal hadn't expected this, as he look at Charles with disbelief. The most unwanted students have actually wounded the top three best students when it comes to swordsmanship?

Students once again halted their training as all of them interestingly watched the arising conflict.

Charles, seeing how the principal just stopped Joseph after having his face almost deform, has his anger towards the world increase furthermore. Why does fate actually act like this towards him?

"Hahaha!" Charles can't help but let out a chuckle as he glared at the principal.

"What are you laughing at?! How dare you be this rude?!" the principal seeing the gaze thrown at him felt somewhat irritated as he slap the miserable young man.

Blood leaked out from Charles' mouth as he tried to wipe it away. Students sympathy Charles, but didn't bother to help him as the principal held a high reputation in the empire.

"Sorry, Three Mighty Knights. I.. I am ashamed to make you witness something like this." the principal bow his head as he apologize sincerely.

"No need to be this apologetic. It's unavoidable, so don't worry about it. But.. I want to ask that boy, is it fine, Principal Jones?" the armored knight in the middle asks, as he really took an interest in Charles. Although he still hasn't shown any interesting skills, but he acts like a professional. The way he acts calm, that natural-like defending and parrying the attack that was thrown at him, and his position was quite rare for someone to have.

"Eh? You.. you want to ask something to... Charles? And not Joseph? Head Knight George, are.. you sure you didn't ask wrongly?" The principal might mishear something, as he held expectations for Joseph more.

"Yes." Head Knight George answered firmly.

"Uhm.. it's.. it's fine." the principal, despite not wanting to, still complied as he need to show some respect towards Head Knight George.

"Kiddo.. I wanna ask.. why did you change your position with that boy earlier?" Head Knight George asked Charles, acting friendly. But Charles unexpectedly held high grudges against any knights that belong to the Red Hero Knight's army.

"Charles! Show some respect! How.. how dare you ignore the Head Knight of Red Hero Knight's army?" the principal taking a chance to slap Charles again, uses that opportunity without any hesitation.

"Principal Jones, please don't hurt that kid. That kid was, after all, just a kid." Head Knight George was surprised to be ignored but didn't get annoyed as Charles might experience bad that was due to their army. He can't also be sure if their army has not done bad deeds since the other two beside him were good at hiding things.

"To make him affected by sunlight." Charles speak weakly but was enough to reach George's ears.

"Kiddo.. do you dream of being a swordsman like us?" George, hearing such an answer was so sure now, as he asked Charles with glistening eyes.

"Yeah." Charles perfunctorily answered, as he really didn't put any glance at George.

"That's good. I'll take this boy, Charles, as my disciples." George openly said.. sending turmoil in all those who's been present at the training field.

@PrinceDinero, your suggestion has been created. Hope you like it. I'm never been really good at cyborg and sword stories, but i did my very best. Cyborg hasn't been obvious but it may if some chapters would be created. 

Once again hoping that you'll like it. Thanks for participating in this book.

Do you want another chapter?
  • Yes Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3
1