Chapters 1-15
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

 

Arthur woke up from his 3-hour sleep. The big day he had been preparing for months has finally come. He turned his head to the digital clock on his nightstand; it was showing 7.30.

The room was like a one-room dorm room where the landlords robbed college students. It was a fairly simple room with a desk, a bed, and a bathroom. The floor of the room was filled with scribbled papers and books.

Arthur quickly got out of bed and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After 2-3 minutes, he came out of the bathroom with a towel in his wet hair and looked out the window. cloudy as usual, he thought.

He wore his usual attire and start to preparing backpack. Arthur put rulers, laptop, calculator in his backpack and went to the kitchen and spread peanut butter on a piece of bread, and put it in a backpack with a container to hold it. Everything seems ready.

Still, he checked one last time to see if anything was missing. Then he realized that he had forgotten his phone, and when he turned his head, he saw that it was charging on the nightstand.

After making sure that everything was ready, he opened the door and went out of the house and he saw his next-door neighbor and friend John, who had come home at this hour.

"It was a fun night, huh?"

“it was a fantastic night” He was still looking a little high. Then John's eye fell on the bag.

“Was your presentation today? Bro”

“Yes, after today I'm going to be free from hell.”

“You’re graduating huh.., We need to celebrate. I haven't seen you in.. what 2 weeks.”

“Of course. I need a few drinks after this,” Arthur said.

“I don't want to hold you man see you tonight”

“Tonight then”

 

After saying bye to his friend, Arthur left and headed for the door. He could hear voices coming from houses in the hallway. 'I'm finally getting out of here,' he thought, and walked towards the exit. He opened the main door of the building and when he took the step to get out, he felt like he had fallen into a void. As if he had taken the wrong step while descending a staircase that he couldn't see, a stream of fear ran through his body in that small time, and he found himself in a plain covered with grass and trees.

“Where the fuck am I?”

'FUCK, am I hallucinating from lack of sleep?' he said to himself, then crouched down and touched the grass. The grass looked completely real. His hands were wet with morning dew. He cleared his hands by tapping the side of his blue jeans and straightened up.

He took out the phone and checked the signal. There was no line. He looked around, and there seemed to be no one in sight.

Then his eye fell on a thin layer of smoke rising behind a distant hill. The only sensible thing to do was to walk to where the smoke was, so he started walking towards the layer of smoke. At the same time, he started taking pictures of the surroundings. “My professors will not believe this,” he thought.

After 2 hours of nonstop walking. He stopped and looked for a suitable place to rest. It was tiresome to walk bare lands without a road. He saw a tree standing alone on his right. He went to the tree and sat under it and took it out in the sandwich box he had prepared. He wasn't sure if he would find food afterward so He split the sandwich in half and put the other half back in the box. Arthur was trying to make sense of what had happened while eating the sandwich.

He reviewed the events in order. He had taken a shower in the morning and left the house, and then he had met John and had found himself in this damn place while leaving him and going out of the apartment. He was sure that it was no longer a dream or a hallucination. The pain in his feet was the biggest proof of that and Arthur feel weird about this place. He cants put a finger on what exactly but he was sure that something feels wrong.

While thinking about these things, his eyes fell on the rabbit 100 meters away. He was happily eating the grass next to the rock. Suddenly, from behind the rock, a crab-like monster with a purple glow on its back jumped onto the rabbit. The creature used its feet like blades to attack the rabbit's neck. The rabbit had no chance to escape. When the rabbit's last struggle proved fruitless, it remained motionless then the 50-centimeter monster started to eat the rabbit.

“Purple giant crabs, Great!” he said. Along with being terrified, he realized something, and it frightened him even more. He was no longer in the same world.

"Half-meter Purple crab definitely not the residence of my world, am I in some kind of parallel word?" he muttered.

He threw the last piece of bread into his mouth, quickly put his bag on his back, and moved on. This world, which he knew nothing about, made him very nervous and afraid. Now he was paying attention to every step he took and wanted to meet the people in the center of the smoke as soon as possible. 1 hour later he was climbing the hill. The last part of the journey was quiet, passing by at least 50 meters from every rock he saw.

He slowly climbed to the top of the hill. As he approached the top, he lay down and began to examine the source of the smoke. The sight he saw didn't look heartwarming at all.

Down the hill was a small village with 20 houses. The village had a wall made of logs and its structures looked medieval-style. Of course, there was no trace of the village anymore. Half of the houses were burned, and that was the source of the smoke. There was no sign of life. After examining the surroundings, he got up and started to descend from the hill.

“Fuck fuck fuck what’s going on here” he muttered while descending.

The closer he got to the village, the stronger the burning smell got. The big village gate was broken and lying beside the entrance. He entered through the gate as quietly as possible. He looked around. Bodies were lying on the ground in the village square.

He rushed towards the nearest one. The body looked like it belonged to an old man. He turned his body so he could see his face. There was a 5 cm wound on the neck. It was as if a sword or blade had cut deeply him in the neck. A pool of blood formed on the floor where he lay but was absorbed by the earth. He checked the man's pulse. It wasn't beating.

After he was sure of the first man's death he rushed for the second one. when Arthur looked at the second body, he froze. His ears were pointed and looked like an elf character in games. Arthur lifted his head and began to look more carefully at the people lying on the ground. Others were different, too. The most obvious one had an owl's head and His body was covered with feathers.

Arthur couldn't stand it anymore.

“Where the fuck am I?” he shouted.

But no one answered. After getting over the initial shock, he checked them to see if there were any survivors of these human-like beings.

 

He checked all the bodies lying on the ground but found no sign of life in any of them.

After the shock that different species lived on the land he was in, he faced the fact that what was lying on the ground was corpses.

He leaned his back against the water well in the middle of the village and sat down on the ground. "No one survived," he muttered to himself. What he experienced was feeling a little heavy. After half-meter crabs, now the species in fantasy books. Yesterday, his biggest problem was the finishing project, but now he is alone in a destroyed village and sitting by himself. It just everything changed too quickly.

 

He closed his eyes with his hands and stood there. Then he thought that if he left the corpses like that, it would lure the wild animals into the village. And he was sure that the forest outside wasn't just home to the crabs. Putting one hand on his knee, he forcibly got up. After taking off his backpack and leaving it by the well, he headed towards a house that had survived the fire. Hoping to find a shovel or some tool to help to bury to corpses. He pushed the door and went in.

Although the house was protected from fire, it wasn't protected from ash. The floor of the house was covered with a thin layer of ash.

The house was a fairly simple one-room house with a bed in one corner of the room. There were 2 chairs, a table, and a fireplace-style stove that probably cooked food. It looked like it belonged to a married couple. While examining the room, a knife caught his eye on the floor by the fireplace. Bent down and picked up the knife. He had found his first weapon to defend himself in this terrible world. A kitchen knife.

After looking some more, he found a bag of wheat and some beans under the counter they used to prepare the meals.

"At least I won't starve," he said to himself.

After he looked everywhere in the house. 'Maybe they were keeping the tools outside of the house,' Arthur thought, then left the house and headed towards the back of the house. At the back was a half-open room within the style of a warehouse. Arthur finally found the shovel he was looking for,

After finding the shovel he went to put it near the well,

Then he went to look for other houses that survived the fire. He found some food in other houses, too. Whoever attacked, it was certain that they didn't attack for food. Then he came to the well and took the shovel.

He had thought of burning the corpses, but the smoke of the burning houses was almost extinguished. Whoever attacked the village, Arthur didn't want to attract their attention again. He started walking towards the north side of the village. When he got close to the wall, he found a suitable place and started digging.

After a while, it became rhythmic. Stick the shovel on the ground, lift it, throw the earth to the side, stick the shovel on the ground, lift it, throw the earth to the side and repeat. Doing something physical relieved the burden of what he experienced today. It took an hour to come out of trance. Arthur realized he was trapped inside and his t-shirt was wet from sweat. He had dug almost half a meter. He got support with one hand and came out of the hole he had dug. He went to the side of the well.

There was a mechanism in the well that you could turn, and a rope was tied to it. There was probably a bucket at the bottom of the well. He started to turn the mechanism and feel the weight of the bucket when the bucket was high enough, he reached out and took it to the side of the well. He smelled it; it looked clean. The water was ice cold. He started to drink like crazy. Then he fell to the ground to rest. After 10 minutes he went and started digging again. After digging for another 1.5 hours, he decided it was wide enough for everyone to fit in. ‘The dirty part starts now.’ he thought.

While searching other houses, he remembered seeing a wheelbarrow. After finding the wheelbarrow, he went to the first old man he checked in. He dragged the body of the man into the cart and took it towards the grave he had dug. After placing the man in the grave, he repeated the same process for each corpse then He began to throw the soil on dead bodies lying on the grave.

 

After he threw it in the last soil, the top of the grave had become convex. He left the shovel to the side, straightened up, and looked at the grave. Arthur didn’t know anyone in that grave, but his mood was very melancholic. Something very horrible thing happened here before he came.

After a while, he feels a little better and started walking towards the center of the village to get his bag. After taking his bag, he realized it was getting dark. He was planning to sleep in the first house he entered.

He entered the house, closed the door, put the chair behind the door. He put his bag on the table. Arthur was hungry and tired. He didn't want to deal with cooking. He took out his unfinished sandwich and started eating it. Then he pulled out a bottle of wine he had found while searching other houses.

"At least one thing went as planned," he said with a forced smile on his face while looking at the bottle.

“Taste like shit,” he said. After the first sip. And prepared for sleep.

It wasn't cold enough for him to light a fire. After he finished his meal, he cleaned the bed for a bit and then lay down on it. He thought about what he had been through today. Life was very strange. When he was a normal university student in the morning, he was a refugee who buried 7 people in the evening. He knew nothing about what this world was prepared for him. His eyelids become heavy. Arthur fell into his first sleep in the other world while listening outside the monster’s howls.

 

[Level 2 survivor ]

 

[-Danger sense Skill gained]

His eyes shot open, and he sat up in his bed.

"What the fuck was that"

“Am I in some kind of game?”

Chapter 2

 

Arthur woke up with his whole body aching, which is what would happen if someone who hadn't worked in a physical job dug a grave. At first, he couldn't remember where he was, then he looked around and when he saw the strange house, the events of yesterday started to attack his mind. He remembered the level 2 incident last night.

While Arthur wasn't exactly a game addict, he wasn't too far off-topic either. He played wow in high school. He still played other games from time to time. And who didn't love games? But it wasn't all that fun when life became one of the things to lose instead of just experience. He needed more information.

Just as he was deep in thought, he heard some voices from outside. "Shit?!, Who is that?" he muttered in fear. Right next to the bed was his magnificent weapon, the kitchen knife.

Arthur reached for the knife as quietly as possible and got off the bed, walked to the window made of wooden planks. There were tiny gaps between the windows, enough to see outside.

There were 5 people outside. They seemed to be examining the burned houses. The person to touching the charred houses was a human. But the others were like different creatures in human form. One had a head that looked like a hawk. The other one had an ox-headed. The other was a tall, beautiful woman. But with pointed ears, she looks like an elf. The other one looked like a dragon in human form.

The person examining the house at the front shouted, "I think we are late, it's been 2 days since it burned."

“Fuck you Askar, if you had gotten up early from gambling, we could have made it just in time,” said Dragon-human

"That's not what you said when you were massaged by satyrs," the man replied.

The minotaur-like creature watched the two of them with a smile on his face. It was obvious that he was enjoying the fight.

"Your bickering doesn't solve our problem, let's focus on finding the bandits," said the bird-man.

"They are not bandits, thank god, WAIT did they speak English" Arthur whispered.

The elf watched in silence. As if the surrounding fanfare did not affect her, it was probably a constant situation. She went to the well and examined footprints on the ground. Then she started walking carefully towards the house, the house where Arthur was located.

When she got to the front of the house,

"Hey, I know you're there. Get out before I break the door."

Hearing this, her friends all started walking towards the house too.

Arthur decided that the best move would be to get out. He lifted the chair that was closing the door and opened the door very slowly.

“I ha... I have nothing to do with those who attack the village” said Arthur. He had his hands up to show that there was no threat. The group's eyes went to the kitchen knife in his right hand.

"It's obvious," said the human man.

Arthur looked at the group standing in front of him. The Minotaur-like one had a huge shield and a sword on his back. Two thin swords hung on the sword belt around the human’s waist. The hawk-head also had a bow on his back. The elf and dragon-woman seemed to have nothing to wield as weapons.

“So what's your story, my friend,” said the bird-man. By gesturing, to lower his hands. He lowered his guard a little when he saw that his only weapon was a kitchen knife.

"When I got to the village, half of the houses were burned. There were corpses on the floor, I buried the bodies so they wouldn’t attract monsters," said Arthur quickly, hoping that suspicion would clear up soon.

“Smart move, but what are you doing near this village in the middle of nowhere,” said the bird-man, and he began to look at Arthur suspiciously. The other members of the group nodded, indicating that they agreed with him.

"I honestly don't know," said Arthur after some thought about how to explain things.

My answer surprised them as well. "How so?" said the dragon-woman.

“I suddenly found myself in the village's south. It was as if I was teleported there. Then I looked around and saw smoke and started walking in that direction in search of a campfire or people,” said Arthur, wishing they would believe.

The bird-man turned his head towards the elf."Is he telling the truth, Elda?" he said.

“He is,” the elf said.

Elf’s answer instantly relieved the group. They knew he wasn't a threat, but it could have been someone they left behind.

'Wait What? Can they tell if I’m telling the truth?.' Arthur thought.

The person they called Askar came up to Arthur and put his hand on his shoulder and said, "It looks like you have an interesting story to tell."

At that moment Arthur’s stomach rumbled. He had only eaten a sandwich yesterday and he didn't feel hungry because of the adrenaline. The feeling of hunger returned when he realized that he was not under threat.

“A good breakfast will help us all right now. We can listen to his story while we eat.” said the bird-man. He was most likely the leader of the group.

“If we are going to eat together, at least we need to introduce ourselves? Right,” said Askar.

“Let's start with the captain of our team.”

Pointing at Bird-man with his hand, "Our Avian captain who looks like he's walking with a stake in his ass is Mefzar .”

“Our Minotaur teammate is Bill, the iron fist of our little group,” he bent Arthur’s ear and whispered, “if he invites you to arm wrestling, don't accept it”

“Lady Darkis is the fire mage of our team.”

“Elda is the only team member to graduate from a magic academy and be careful, if she starts talking like she's giving a lecture, just run away, unless you want to be bored to death."

“And lastly I am Swordmaster Askar,”

Arthur thought he should introduce himself, too.

"I'm Arthur the architect "

Askar looked at Arthur and said, “Your story is getting more and more interesting.”

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----

It looked like Elda was in charge of the team meals. After she had stacked the wood on the stove, she whispered something. And the wood suddenly caught fire. 'I must learn the spell for sure,' thought Arthur. She began to pull out the ingredients from a small bag she carried with her.

Arthur was sitting in the chair, waiting for the meal to be done. When the items she took out were at least 5 times the size of the bag, Arthur couldn't stand it and said, "What is that?" Arthur said while pointing a finger towards the pouch. Elda looked at Arthur with an awkward expression, as if he had asked an absurd question and said, "Space enchanted pouch" as if she were explaining something obvious to the kid.

Everyone was able to sit at the table with the chairs they brought from the neighboring houses.

Mefzar spoke after taking a piece of bread with the feather-covered hands, “Well, tell me, architect Arthur, How did you find yourself here?"

“I come from a different world,” said Arthur, making the point at the beginning.

They looked taken aback. Avian gestured for me to explain.

“There are only humans in my world, and there is no such thing as magic. As I was walking out of my house towards school, I suddenly found myself in a place covered with grass and hills. I didn't know where I was. At first, I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a dream.”

The group must not have believed what Arthur told them, because they started looking at the elf, waiting for him to say that he was probably lying. "He's telling the truth," said the elf, surprised by his own answer.

He thought of something that could show as proof, and his cell phone came to his mind. He took it out of his pocket. And showing it to the group, "I think that's enough evidence, it's a device belonging to my world," said Arthur.

The team was looking at the phone curiously. What could this little device be doing? Then Arthur turned on his camera and took a selfie and showed it to the group.

The Elf took the phone from Arthur and examined it closely. She seemed the most curious.

"Like a record stone," she muttered. "I guess they're not as backward as I thought," said Arthur to himself.

“What else can it do?” said the elf. From his eyes, it seemed that he was like a child who found a new toy.

“Many things,” said Arthur, and decided to turn on a piece of music.

When the sound of music fills the room.

Everyone focused on the music. Most likely they had a voice recording spell, but the main thing that caught their attention was the music itself. They had never heard these rhythms before. It was obvious from the eyes of Elda and Darkis that they fell in love with the song. Others loved it too, but not as much as the 2 women.

“Is there any other song?” Darkis asked when the song was over. “Of course,” Arthur replied.

Elda was trying to understand the phone, turning it around and looking back. Then she turned to me and said,

“How does it work, I don't feel a single bit of mana?”

“With electricity,” then Arthur thought, wasn't a good enough explanation.

“Think of it as the energy of lightning, but much, much less powerful.”

"I have never seen such a tool before, "Mefzar said. He was surprised by Arthurs claims

“Can I ask a few questions too?” said Arthur.

“Go ahead,” said Mefzar with a hand gesture.

Arthur couldn't take it anymore. He didn't know where he was, the dangers outside, almost nothing of this world. And he longed to know.

“Where are we?” said Arthur. Eagerly waited to answer.

“We are north of the Gateless mountains on the continent of Alwarti. We are one day away from the nearest town.”

“You chose the craziest place to teleport to” added Bill

“Why?” Arthur asked with a curious expression.

“Well, you can say that north of gateless mountains most dangerous place in all Alwarti”

‘At least I know where I am now, but fuck my luck,’ Arthur thought

After a little bit of silence, “Last night when ı fell asleep some text appeared in front my eyes and indicated that I was level up as survivor?”

 

“You're really not from this world, huh,” said Mefzar then continued

“After the age of 14, you earn levels and classes as a reward for your efforts in a subject. At the same time, you gain class skills when you level up. People level up when they fall asleep.”

Arthur was even more curious about who was controlling this system.

“What is the source, who is giving these levels?”

The elf looked up from the phone and said, “Gods last gifts before leaving”

“Wait... where, how?” said Arthur, unable to understand.

“They went somewhere very long ago. No one knows where they went. Before they left, they all said one thing, 'Now you're on your own’ after that people started to gain levels or says book I read in Zurdoc academia's library ”

"No one knows exactly how to begin but most people accept this theory."

The elf said as if she were giving a history lesson. She seemed to be the most knowledgeable among them.

“What are you guys doing here?” Arthur said to buy some time to digest what he had just heard.‘Gods do exist and they have gone somewhere, and no one knows where they went. Fuck, is this real?’

To be included in the conversation, Askar said, "We saw a mission about the bandit gang attacking the merchants around here in the Guild. And we said let's do one last job before the gate closes, and here we are eating at the same table with an architect from a different world. The beauties of the profession," he said and took a big sip from his glass.

“What guild?” said Arthur, with each question raising more questions.

"The guild. Ah, because it is the oldest guild, everyone calls it guild, its full name is the adventurer’s guild, which was established by the adventure god himself before the gods left,” Askar said,

"We can talk about this later, let's get the job done first," said Mefzar. Hoping to draw everyone's attention to the task for which they were taken, Arthur's story had made them forget their mission entirely.

“How many bodies did you find when you entered the village, did you have any clue that you could help us?” Mefzar asked.

Arthur began to describe 7 people he found with their ages and wounds.

 

“7 dead! Hmm, Where are the rest of the villagers? At least 30-40 people seem lived here before the attack. ” Bill said

“They took the villagers with them, but for what?” asked Askar.

“I guess we'll find out when we find them,”

Elda said, putting down the phone and joining her team's plan of action.

“We can follow their tracks. I saw hoof marks at the entrance to the village,” said Bill.

While listening to the past conversations,

Arthur began to think about what to do. Most likely, the team was planning to leave the village. Even if it was a little bit, he understood where he lived with the questions he asked. He knew that even the weakest monster could kill him if he stayed in the village.

“Can I join your team?” he said while afraiding of a refusal.

Everyone in the team turned their heads to avian. This was an important decision. If they took Arthur with them, they would have to protect him, too.

“At least until we get to a city,” he said when he saw the silence of the Group.

“We won't leave you here, But we are not going sightseeing, there will be fighting and we can't guarantee your safety,” said Mefzar,

“It's more dangerous here when I'm alone, “said Arthur

“Okay, but I can't make that decision myself, let's decide with a vote,” Mefzar said while looking at the team.

“I want to hear more about his world,” said the elf while raising her hand.

Darkis also raised his hand. She probably wanted to listen to all the music on the phone.

Askar said, "One more human in the team would not be worse"

“I don't have a problem either,” Minotaur said.

At the last Mefzar, he raised his hand and said, "Let's rest for a while, then we'll follow the tracks."

Everyone had finished their meal. And Arthur went to the door of the house and leaned on the edge. He was watching the forests ahead. He wondered what this new world had in store for him.

Yesterday's sense of helplessness and uncertainty had lessened a bit. He started to think about how he could earn a living, how he would live. His old world had suddenly changed, and he had to adapt to his new life. He thought that if he was late for this, he might die. Death seemed so far away in his old world, but here it was like the stroke of a bandit's sword. And he had to learn magic. He felt an incredible curiosity and excitement about this foreign world with fear inside him.

 

Chapter 3

 

As Arthur was packing his bag, he was trying to digest what had and happened. He wonders if joining the team is the right decision. This world was dangerous. If he was left alone, he would not be able to escape from the lurking monster outside. He thought he had made the most logical decision.

Then He saw the laptop, calculator, rulers in his backpack. He thought that if it broke, it would be impossible to fix it, right at the moment the elf was putting the spices and plates in the magic bag he saw before eating.

 

“Elda, is there more room in that?” Arthur said, nodding at the pouch.

 

“Yes, but what are those? “When she saw the new devices, it intrigued her.

 

“The devices I used to design the building and I don't want them to break,” said Arthur.

 

He handed them to Elda and watched her put it in the pouch

 

Elda was 1.80 m tall and had chestnut-colored hair. She was wearing brown leather pants, was quite a beautiful woman by old world standards. After they finished their gathering, they went out to join the rest of the group. The Mefzar had already found traces and determined the path to follow. 

 

They started walkingand leaving behind the burned village.

 

Arthur approached Elda and said.

 

“Can you tell me how to become a magician?” he asked. Who wouldn't want to learn or become a mage if possible?

 

She spoke calmly.

 

"We are surrounded by mana, we take some mana every time we breathe in and out. Mages hold this mana in their body and use it to control the surrounding mana, but the amount of mana they can hold in their body is different.” said Elda, as if reading from a book. She did hundreds of repetitions at the academy to learn the basics.

 

“Can anyone be a magician?” said Arthur.

 

“No, for a person to be a mage, they must be able to feel the surrounding mana. If they can sense the surrounding mana, their body shows that they are capable of holding mana.”

 

“Is there a method,” said Arthur

 

"The simplest method is to close your eyes and focus on your surroundings, if you feel it, you won't miss it, hmm, it's a very different feeling," she said.

 

They continued to follow the trail. Mefzar was doing the tracking job of the group. He seemed to be doing his job pretty well, too. He wasn't skipping any man-made tracks. His hawk eyes were constantly studying his surroundings.

 

At that moment Darkis come up to their side and asked..

“Do you have other songs on your strange device?” she asked. She seemed more interested in the songs than the phone itself.

“Of course,” said Arthur, taking out the phone and opening his playlist of 300 songs. He showed Darkis how to play it. The phone had a 45 percent charge left. He explained that when the phone's charge value reaches zero, it will turn off and need to be recharged. He turned to Elda with a little hope and said, "Is there a spell by which you recharge the powers of the magic tools?" she said.

"There is, but the Tool doesn't work with magic, I don't know if it will work." said

 

“What do we have to lose by trying,” said Arthur

 

Elda raised her right hand and muttered something. Arthur's eye was on the charging bar. The bar was steady at first. Then it started to move rapidly towards 100 percent.

 

“HAHAHA”

 

He lowered his voice as the team started looking at him.

 

Arthur was relieved and happy. That was great news. Even though he couldn't use it to talk to anyone, he could use the phone for a lot of things. And since he found out that he was in a different world, he had never used it since he thought the phone would turn into a pile of metal when one charge ran out.

 

Since they were following the bandits' tracks, he considered giving the headphones to Darkis so that he wouldn't make any noise. He asked Elda to describe and ask for the headphones. Elda took what she said directly from the pouch. “How do you do that?” Arthur said, wondering.

 

"You imagine what you want to extract in your mind and the enchantment in the pouch gives it," she said

 

'He needs to find one of these urgently,' Arthur noted in his mind.

Arthur paired the phone with the Bluetooth headset and told Darkis how to put it on.

 

A little later, Darkis was disconnected from the world with the phone in her hand, and she was lost in the music.

 

 

Askar and the Bill came to join them in the conversation.

 

“So, architect, did you like our world?” said the Minotaur.

 

“I can't say the other day went very well,” said Arthur. Telling the story of how the purple crab eats the rabbit.,

 

“We call them Erlots, and they're one of the weakest monsters on this side of the mountains,” he said with a laugh.

 

"What's on the other side of the mountains," said Arthur, wondering.

 

“There are kingdoms,-civilization,” Askar said.

 

“When the death-fog lifted 300 years ago, races of 4 different continents flocked to conquer the new continent. The kingdoms that were originally established as colonies are now independent,” he said.

 

“What is the death fog?” he kept asking questions like a knowledge-hungry student.

 

Listening to our conversation, the elf could not resist and spoke.

 

“Previously, we thought that there were 4 continents in the world. We were aware of each other, even with very long voyages. Although rare, trade ships were traveling between continents. But there was a place covered with fog on their way. No one who had entered the fog had returned. That's why the sailors started calling the place Alwarti. 300 years ago, something changed and this fog started to lift. And all the continents flocked to get this new piece of land. What they found were powerless goblins. Defeating them was easy. Before long, 4 kingdoms were established in the south of the mountains.”

 

“Comadia, land of dragons and avians in the northwest, Dowand, land of Satyrs and minotaurs in the southwest, Asters, land of humans and dwarves in the northeast, and Runera, land of elves and gnomes in the south-east,” Elda concluded.

 

“Zzzzzz you are boring Elda ”.

 

“Askar shut fuck up you crude.”

 

"Well, we're in the north now, right? Are there any Kingdoms here," said Arthur.

 

“There is none”

 

“How so”

 

“Well Truce, between kingdoms not allowed to invade north but if it allowed it will be very difficult because in winter someplace in here will be devastated by powerful monsters”

They had come to a small stream. Turning behind Mefzar and he said, "Their traces come this far, they probably tried to cover the traces by using the stream."

 

“We need to find the tracks again on the other side,” said Mefzar, as if he understood all the bandits were thinking

 

The stream was knee-deep, and they crossed it easily and began to descend in the direction of the stream flowed. It was more difficult for the bandits to go upstream in the water, so they decided to try down first.

 

Mefzar signaled them to slow down. There was something strange. Arthur started to feel something different. It felt like ants were walking on his skin, which made him very uneasy. Bill and Askar slowly drew their weapons. Mefzar put an arrow in his bow and waited, ready to shoot at any moment. Darkis had put the phone in his suit pocket and removed the earphones.

 

 

A giant white tiger appeared ahead. Mefzar stretched his bow and fired his first shot. The arrow whistled in the air and pierced the tiger's eye. The tiger was angry. 

 

It rushed towards the group.

 

“Bill, you have the front,” said Mefzar.

 

"Leave it to me, captain," said Bill

 

Bill's shield collided with the incoming tiger. The tiger was stunned. Suddenly a ball of fire appeared in Darkis's hand. And it flew towards the tiger's right side. The tiger was obviously damaged by this blow. He roared and dashed forward.

 

“Elda use [Bind] quickly,” Mefzar said, controlling the entire battle as if he knew everyone's powers.

 

Elda knelt and put both hands on the ground. And vines began to grow under the tiger's feet.Vines began to surround tiger legs. When The tiger remained motionless. Askar took advantage of this gap and struck a sword on the tiger's throat. Blood began to gush from the tiger's neck. The tiger began to struggle. Mefzar sent another arrow to his wounded neck. When the arrow found its place, the tiger fell to the ground, motionless.

 

Mefzar looked at the team and said, "Is everyone okay?"

 

“Ahaha, I wish we didn't kill so soon. The fun hadn't even started yet,” Bill said.

 

“Battle maniac,” said Askar with a smile.

Everyone was smiling except Arthur. Arthur froze. When the battle began, he instinctively staggered to the back of the group. The team had never lost their composure. It looked like it was something they had encountered many times before.

 

Mefzar saw Arthur's state and said, "Well, how did you find our team?"

 

“You're so strong,” said Arthur, slackening a little. The entire team looked at Arthur and burst out laughing. Arthur looked at the Team to make sense of what had happened.

 

“No, we are not,” he said. Needing to explain. and continued.

 

“Our team is at Silver-plate level. If we want to call ourselves strong, we should at least be gold rank. If I had to evaluate our team, I would say above average at maximum.”

 

Arthur began to wonder if this group was above average. What would the really strong ones be like?

 

The team had to take a forced break. The tiger had to be skinning and its precious piece had to be removed. The Minotaur took out the knife from his waist and began to skin the animal.

 

The other members of the team sat under a tree and waited for Bill to finish the job. “Everyone on the team had some responsibilities and things they were good at,” Arthur thought.

 

“How are these plates issued?” said Arthur.

 

“The guild tests the adventurers and gives out plates based on their power level,” he said.

 

“Teams with silver plates are where adventurers are usually level 20-30. Our team is one of them,” he continued.

 

“And how many levels do you have?” Arthur asked after some thought.

 

The team turned and looked at Arthur. The atmosphere fell silent as if someone was indiscreetly asking a question they shouldn't have asked.

 

“It is quite rude to ask for someone's level, others may be perceived as hostile, and don't tell your level to anyone you don't really trust, it's like telling people your weakness",” Mefzar said, knowing he was asking because he didn't know.

 

Arthur nodded, indicating that he understood.

 

Askar said indifferently, "I'm a 21 level swordmaster, don't spread it around, man. “To soften the atmosphere.

 

Elda “23 level Mage”

 

“22 level mage” gesturing to Drakis

 

Mefzar said "25 level archer"

 

Minotaur was also slurring conversations. “I am also the strongest 20 level warrior,” he said. He seemed proud of himself.

Arthur thought of the level he had earned as a survivor. They all said only one level. Can people only level one field? He turned to ask

 

“I leveled 2 levels as a survivor, won't I be able to win the level in another field?” he asked anxiously.

 

His ignorance had once again made the team laugh.

 

“No, we only said the highest levels. For example, I am also a level 9 Cook,” said Elda and continued.” But it's not a good thing to level up in too many areas, it gets pretty hard for high levels too.”

 

“For that, everyone levels up in a few helpful subjects and rejects the others,” said Elda.

“Reject”

"Yes, you can choose not to receive level if you want, just think you don't want it when you sleep, it's automatically canceled, but you can't delete the level that has already been taken," said Elda.

Arthur paused and tried to collect his thoughts, digesting his newly acquired information.

 

Meanwhile, he could not see any part of the animal except its internal organs.

 

“Let's move on. It would be great if we find their hiding places today.” Mefzar said.

Everyone nodded, and they set off. They continued towards the flow of the stream.

 

After ten minutes, Mefzar must have seen something, so they paused. “They continued from here,” Mefzar said, pointing in the direction with his hand.

 

The group continued for another hour. They were passing through not very dense woodland. The tracks came out into a slight clearing. A fire was lit in the middle of the field. “ They camped here,” Mefzar said.

 

It was starting to get a little dark. "Let's camp here, we'll continue tomorrow," said Mefzar. Everyone got to work at once. Arthur just stood there. "How can I help," he said, not wanting to be a burden to the group.

Elda said, "Gather wood it will be needed for the fire."

Arthur began to search the places for wood. After the gathering of one bushel, he went to the place where the fire was lit.

He thought “these would be enough”.

 

Meanwhile, the team had set up tents.

Elda lit the fire with a spell and took from Bill the flesh of the tiger they had killed.

 

Arthur thought, "I think there's tiger meat for dinner."

 

He wanted to check if he could feel the mana using the method Elda had said while the meal was being prepared.

 

He sat on the ground and closed his eyes. He felt like a meditating monk. He tried to send his will around him. At first, nothing happened, then he slowly started to feel something. It was a very strange feeling. It was as if he was surrounded by invisible water. He raised his hand upwards. Water-like The thing was not restricting his movements. When his hand moved, it was as if the water in front of him suddenly disappeared and reappeared right behind it.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Elda looking at him.

 

She seemed to understand that he could sense mana. She had a surprised expression on her face “You felt it on the first try It took me a week”

 

“Is that a good thing?” said Arthur hesitantly.

 

"Is it a good thing? It's a great thing! It shows that you are very prone to mana," she said, looking excitedly as if she had found a diamond waiting to be polished.

 

Elda took out a book from her enchanted pouch and said "Congratulations"

 

Arthur took the book, realizing it was a leather-covered book. It had the words 'Foundations of Sorcery Andrew Lucton' on it. He opened the book and was about to start reading when he heard Elda's voice.

 

“A new mage has joined us!” he shouted to the rest of the group. Mages were rare. The team was witnessing the birth of a new mage. And a mage aged 23 years, it would usually be obvious if people around 13-14 years old were prone to Mage. It was extremely rare for a 23-year-old to become a mage.

 

"This is news to celebrate, hahaha," said Askar, taking a bottle out of his pouch

 

“You just looking for an excuse to get drunk,” Darkis muttered, and turning to Arthur,

 

“Congratulations, Arthur, welcome to the club.”

They all sat around the fire. Arthur gets a glimpse of what kind of life adventurers had. They are always ready to sleep in open and dangerous places but they find joy and friendship in those places. and when people suffer together they build strong bonds.

They talk about how their ex-missions went wrong. How Askar loses all his money to a scammer in some city. Arthur laughs too. with them. and forget about being a different and dangerous place for a bit.

Then they start to decide who is going to look out for the night.They schedule a plan for the night,

"You can use my place for sleep with bill's tent," Askar said.

"thank you," Arthur said.

Arthur noticed a weird smile on Askar's face.Then went tent for sleep.

When he has fallen sleep

[Mage Level 1]

[Mana Sense Skill gained]

Arthur proceeds to sleep with a smile on his face

 

Chapter 4

When Arthur woke up, he couldn't see Bill next to him. He didn't have a comfortable night. Bill's snoring made him experience a fragmented sleep adventure. 'Askar I won't forget this.,' he made a mental note in his head.

 

After looking around a little bit, He took the book Elda gave him out of his bag. He hadn't had the opportunity to read yesterday. The conversation around the fire last night had helped him get to know the team better. It would be absurd to take out the book and read it in that environment.

 

The edges of the book were worn and it was obvious that it had been used for a long time. He opened it and began to read the preface.

 

“The path of sorcery is a long and difficult road. Some walk on this path for the long life provided by mana, some for their own desire for power, and some for a better understanding of this world. Whatever you walk for, the foundations need to be solid. This will determine how far you can go on this path. I am Archmage Andrew Lucton. I am writing this book intending to help you understand magic.”

 

The preface of the book excited Arthur. Mana gave people a longer life.' fuck is this real.' he thought and continued reading.

 

He immediately turned the page and opened the first chapter.

“What is mana? This is the question every mage has asked himself and other mages for centuries. No mage can claim to know everything about mana. But for thousands of years, sorcerers have made some discoveries. Artis Zurdos, the most powerful magician in the last 10000 years, defines mana with the words "Mana is Energy It enables people to do impossible things by imposing their will on mana. For this, mana is both a tool and energy.” Of course, not everyone is inclined to this magnificent tool and energy, and even those who do are predisposed to different levels. However, this predisposition can often be deceptive. I have seen that many young people with the potential to become archmages waste their potential. A tortoise can beat a rabbit in a race. so consider yourself warned.

 

"There are three types of Magic: word Magic, manipulation Magic, and enchantment Magic that we enchant items wit--“

 

“Breakfast is ready Arthur”

 

At Bill's voice, Arthur lifted his head from the book and looked out the tent door.

Everyone was ready.

 

He came out of the tent and saw Askar looking at him with an ugly smile on his face. The team was all sitting on the ground by the fire. There was morning coolness in the air. He went and sat next to them. And he took his food from the bowl that was extended. And he sat down and the food was like yesterday's tiger meat and eggs, and there was some bread

"I should definitely bring the food of my Old World into this world," he thought.

“Arthur how your world was?” Elda asked.

 

"That's why she asked me to join the group," he recalled. Elda was most curious about the new world. Elda was like a scientist who had found a new field in science.

 

“Well... We have around 200 countries. Before th- the teleportation accident I was living in England"

"How do you know that?" Askar asked.

"What?"

"How do you know the exact number"

Arthur thought about how he can explain the internet. then

"I showed you the phone, right. There is a thing called the internet. You can look up any knowledge there with the phone"

"Can you still?" Asked Elda, with eyes shining

"No, I need to be my own world," Arthur said. Elda's mood comes down with Arthurs answer.

 

 

“Let's move on, we need to find traces of their camp today,” Mefzar said.

 

The team packed up their tents and prepared to set off. Arthur was helping Bill pack his tent. Arthur wanted to keep reading the book as he walked, but they were chasing a bandit gang in the most dangerous land of the alwarti. If he didn't pay attention to his surroundings, he could be eaten by a passing tiger. Although he was dying to read the book, the book had to wait.

 

The forest was getting thicker from time to time, then getting sparse again. The bandits seemed to know the safe routes well. They did not encounter any danger like yesterday. The long walk bore fruit after 4 hours. Sounds began to come from far away. "They're close, let's not make a sound from now on," said Mefzar in a whisper.

 

In front of them was a hill. They climbed the hill in silence. Mefzar lifted his head and watched what was happening below. When Arthur looked, he saw a group of humans, elves, Avians, and goblin-like beings building a wall.

In the center of the wall stood a blue purplish vortex.

 

“Lucky bastards found a Dungeon,” Askar said.

 

“Last time I checked, the Dungeon reporting reward was 1000 gold,” Mefzar said.

 

The whole team was excited by the dream of gold. Arthur realized that something important was going on. He did not know how much a thousand gold coins were worth. He could take some guesswork out of the team's reactions. He also didn't know if this Dungeon worked like the games in his own world.

 

After examining the tomb guards and the camp thoroughly

“We need to plan an attack, they outnumber us, but it looks like there's only one person in our level,” he said.

 

They slowly went down the hill and found a place to hide.

 

Mefzar said in a serious tone, "We need to take down at least a few of them before the fight starts. We can wait for the night and catch the guards off guard. What do you think?" He showed that he wanted his team to be included in the plan. Arthur simply listened, he had no experience with the subject.

 

“The man in the tent is our main target. While we distract him with Elda and Askar, you and Darkis will take the others down from afar,” Bill said.

 

Mefzar then looked at Arthur and said, "You can stand on the hill a little while ago and tell us about the dangers that we couldn't see during the war. You can do it, Right?" Mefzar asked.

'The classic stay in the car situation,' he thought and nodded his head, Arthur.

“We have to wait until it gets dark, but I don't want to take our eyes off the men, you wait here, I'll go watch their movements. “Mefzar said.

 

Everyone nodded. And Mefzar slowly started to climb the hill.

 

Arthur's life depended on this battle of the team. But he had seen battles with the tiger and this increased his confidence in the team.

In addition, during the time he spent together, he warmed up to the team and did not want anything to happen to anyone.

 

Askar and Bill were sharpening their weapons, while Elda and Darkis were adjusting the blue pots. It was still time before the dark.

Arthur decided to take out the book and read it. The book described the different branches and functions of magic. Manipulation spells were divided into 7 as air, water, fire, earth, wood, light, and dark. The element that Darkis was prone to be fire. Elda's was wood. Arthur didn't know how to blend this with the knowledge he had gained in his own world. Then he made a mental note thinking he would work on it.

The next part was word spells. this type of magic could be described as the meaning and understanding you ascribe to words, for example, The recharge magic that Elda use was an example of this magic. And lastly, the enchantment was a more technical part of it. With the help of some metals found in nature, permanent spells could be made. These things that were processed were called runes. 108 simple rules had been discovered so far and more complex runes could be made by mixing them. Space enchantments were an example of this.

 

It took him 1.5 hours to read the whole book. It was not a very thick book. It was a 50-60 page book and Arthur could read very quickly. But he read it deliberately slowly and with digestion. Reading and understanding were two very different things.

He decided to try the manipulation magic. He focused all his will on the ground. The grains of soil were moving, albeit slowly. Arthur's heart was pounding with excitement. He had done magic. Even if that means moving the soil grains a few centimeters

 

Elda and Darkis watched Arthur's movements with amazement on their faces. He was able to apply the manipulation spell in one day. And he had done so, not with the help of a teacher, but simply with a book Elda had given him.

 

Elda came up to him and said, "You really have potential, I've never seen someone grow so fast."

 

“I took my chance,” said Arthur, feeling embarrassed by the advice.

 

“I guess you have a predisposition to Earth,” he said.

 

“How do you know what you are prone to?”

 

Elda again took on a lecturing attitude.” You try every element. The least difficulty is the one you are most prone to, you can control them all if you want, but you cannot be as strong as those who focus on only one element. Of course, some people are predisposed to 2 or even 3 elements, although it is rare.

 

"Let's try the others," said Darkis curiously.

 

Arthur also decided to try water. They put 1 drop of water on the leather cover of the book and Arthur tried to move it at will. The drop moved very slowly this time, but Arthur realized that he was not inclined to water. It was 6 times harder.

“We know what I'm not prone to,” he said, panting.

He tried the air and it created a very small breeze as well, but neither gave the feeling of the earth.

"How do you test fire," he said.

 

Darkis took out a candle and lit it. “Try to feed and grow the flames with mana,” said Darkis.

 

Arthur directed his will this time to grow fires with mana. He felt the comfort of the earth again. He smiled.

“You are prone to fire as well,” Darkis said with joy.

 

Then he tried Wood by trying to move a small leaf. The wood element was the element that forced his willpower the most among the elements he had tried so far, but the leaf seemed to insist on not moving from its place.

 

It was getting dark and everyone was hungry, so they couldn't light a fire and show the bandits their location.

Therefore, dinner was dry bread and some jam. Meals were eaten in silence.

The sun was almost completely gone and it was getting dark.

 

Mefzar slowly descended to them from the hill and said, "Is everyone ready?"

 

Arthur and everyone on the team nodded.

"Come on then," he said, and they climbed the hill together as quietly as possible. As they got to the top, Arthur saw that the villagers and goblins were locked up in a prison-style place.

6 people were given the duty of guards, and they were on guard duty as a big warning shift.

Turning to Arthur, Mefzar said, “If there is something important that we do not realize, shout”

"But beware, your location will be known the moment you shout," he continued.

and handed him a knife.

"A little better than the kitchen knife" isn't it, laughing

Arthur forced a nervous smile. The wall under construction blocked the guards' view of the hill.

But two sentries were standing guard over the top of the wall.

Mefzar said, "Wait until I take the men down on this side of the wall, then let's go down there." He put the arrow on his bow, took a deep breath, took the aim, and released the arrow. The arrow went silently and pierced the guard's neck. Mefzar put the second arrow on his bow without wasting any time. The other guard also heard a sound and was heading towards the dead guard. Mefzar released the second arrow at this time. That arrow also hunted the second sentry by the neck. Arthur was delighted that he and Mefzar were not enemies.

The team began to quietly descend the hill. Arthur was just realizing the gravity of the situation. Every war was a battle of life and death. And the people he had just laughed at while eating dinner were risking their lives. He focused all his attention on the castle under construction. He was ready to yell if anything was dangerous for them.

 

The other sentries would come to replace the guards on this side of the wall. Two minutes later, the other guards returned to take over, but they found Askar and Bill's daggers in the face.

There was no point in hiding anymore. Darkis threw a ball of fire towards the central tent. She was aiming to cause chaos. Mefzar fired another arrow and shot someone in the chest. Bill Askar and Elda rammed them towards the burning tent. A man emerged from the burning tent.

 

“You finally found me, huh,” said the man. He seemed to know what was going to happen to him. The leader of the bandits was a big man. He was almost 2 meters tall. Bill was no less than him in size. Bill and Askar attacked the man. Elda was also trying to restrict him in place with her wood magic.

 

Darkis and Mefzar rained arrows and fireballs at the remnants. Arthur was watching carefully what was happening. Then he noticed something. Where Darkis and the tomb were heading towards the hiding places, someone wearing a hazy black long hooded robe was waiting. He seemed to be waiting for Darkis and Mefzar to approach.

 

“Mefzar, Darkis, someone is hiding on your right!” he shouted.

 

The black bandit sprang from his hiding place and attacked towards the Mefzar. At the same time, he shouted "kill him" to the guards who were hiding. Coming out of their hiding place, the two bandits began to rush towards Arthur. Darkis managed to kill someone by sending a fireball. But the other bandit was able to escape, and he ran towards Arthur and started climbing the hill.

 

Arthur was frightened. Time slowed down with the adrenaline pumping his heart into his brain. He thought, 'If I run into the forest behind me, he'll catch me in less than 5 minutes.' He was on the top and the soldier was down. There was a height advantage. If he had thrown the knife when he got closer, then he dismissed this idea. If he lost the blade, his 1 percent chance of survival would drop to 0 percent. If the soldier went to the top, they would fight on equal footing. And he would lose his only advantage. Best to meet him halfway, he thought.

 

Arthur let out a cry to get some relief from his Fear "aaaaaaahhhh"

He didn't realize he was making a sound as a cat pressed on his tail.

He ran towards the man. They met in the middle of the hill. The man had a sword in his hand and he swung it at Arthur. Due to the difference in level, the sword had come to Arthur's right calf. It had inflicted a solid wound on his right leg.

 

"Aah"

Using his left leg, Arthur jumped towards the man.

The blade didn't pierce his body because of the man's armor

They began to roll down the hill. Arthur's foot was hurting unbelievably. When they stopped, he looked up. The man was lying 2 meters next to him and he seemed to be trying to figure out what was going on. With the last of his remaining strength, Arthur grabbed the blade and jumped on the man, the blade pierced through the man's chest. The man's eyes looked at Arthur. Then the life in his eyes disappeared. He remained motionless, and Arthur tumbled to his side.

 

Blood was flowing non-stop from his leg. He had no strength left to move, but if he left his leg like that, he would bleed to death. He took off his shirt and applied a tampon to the wound. He lay down next to the man he had killed, hoping the team would win. After a while, the sounds of battle stopped.

 

When the battle was over, Elda came running towards Arthur. She knew something was up.

"Arthur what's wrong with you"

“I- I had to kill him.”

“Are you injured”

“I got a sword blow to my right leg”

Elda took out a red vial from her enchanted pouch.

“Try to drink in one gulp”

When Arthur finished the bottle, he began to feel a burning sensation where the wound was. It was an uncomfortable feeling as if ants were walking on his body.

“I- but how come”

The wound was visibly closing. After a minute or two, the wound was completely closed. Arthur tried to move it.

“Thank you, thank you so much”

"I didn't do anything to deserve thanks, what you did was very brave, you saved Darkis and Mefzar

"How so "

“The black bandit was an assassin on our level.”

If you hadn't let me know..."

“I am glad that everyone is well”

Askar was coming towards us with a smile on his face.” How was your first battle, my friend?

"It sucks," said Arthur

“Hahaha, firsts are never forgotten”

It didn't matter to Arthur. He wasn't forgetting anyway. This day would probably haunt his dreams for a long time.

As for Mefzar and darkis

"You saved our lives there, Arthur, I will not forget this day," said Mefzar.

"It does not matter"

Darkis came to me

“Nice save, Arthur,” he said.

“Thanks,” said Arthur.

"So what are we doing now?" We're going to leave the slaves free and stay here today, we have to go again tomorrow. Said Mefzar.

They went into the castle in the construction trench, where the villagers and the goblins were kept in the same cage.

They were shouting for joy because we won. Bill unlocked the door and the villagers burst into tears. It was certain that they would not be able to sleep tonight. There was tiredness on Arthur, he wanted to sleep as soon as possible.

After everything is taken care of. Arthur went to sleep.

 

[Survivor level 4]

 

[Adrenalin rush skill gained]

Chapter 5

Arthur had woken up in the early morning stages. Needless to say, he didn't sleep much. During the night, what he experienced yesterday had not gone out of his mind, how he stabbed the bandit with the knife, the man's struggles, Then slowly the life faded in his eyes

 

He didn't want to kill the man, but he didn't want to die either. He didn't regret what he did, if he hadn't killed the man, he would have died himself. But he still killed someone.

 

Bill hadn't woken up, snoring beside him, and he crawled out of the tent.

 

There was morning coolness in the air. "It was cold," he muttered to himself.

Askar is awake too. He was sitting by a rock.

"Good morning"

“Good morning,”

“Nightmares?”

“Kind of,” said Arthur.

“How are you coping?” said Arthur, as if he wanted to hear a method.

"No one can cope, maybe that's a good thing, but with time you start to numb" and Askar continued, "Where I come from, there is a saying 'whoever takes a life cannot be the same as before, but it's up to him to get better or worse'

 

"Where are you from?"

When he said “Aspien” Askar saw that Arthur didn't understand anything from the expression on his face.

“A land of humans and dwarves beyond the ocean east of Alwarti,” he said.

“Why did you come to the alwarti?”

I had nothing to do in Aspien so I came here land of danger and the riches”

Arthur thought he was hiding a story.

“How did the team come together?”

He said, "Ahahaha, look, this is a good story," and began to tell

“I came from Aspeien to Aster. I didn't know anyone. I could fill my stomach by doing the little chores the guild gave me. Again one day I was tasked with hunting wolves in the forest. The task had a permanent place. A few silvers per wolf. I went looking for wolves in the forest by myself. Let's say I found what I was looking for. The wolves I was looking for surrounded me. If more I would die if I stayed at that moment when an arrow pierced the wolf. I turned around and saw Mefzar and Darkis. After that day, the three of us started to take on bigger assignments together. We found Elda and bill while we were traveling from kingdom to kingdom.

 

After some thought.

“It is difficult to find a team you can trust in our profession. I am very lucky,” he said.

Arthur and the Askar were silent and just sat there.

The sky was clear.

Arthur was moving the rocks back and forth with soil manipulation to keep his mind occupied.

 

After a while, his mana started to run out, and his head started to hurt. The surroundings began to get brighter, the villagers, goblins, and the team woke up.

The villagers started to make porridge in a big cauldron. Everyone took their turn and started eating.

After the meal was over, the Mefzar said loudly, “First we will go to the village, and then we will pass through Bardall. You are free to follow us, we will protect you until the village.

“I don't know what to do when it comes to you,” he said to the goblins.

When Alwarti's fog fade all the kingdoms flock to new continent They found goblins when they first landed the Alwarti. They lived in tribes. Their shamans could use magic. But their warriors could not gain levels and skills. Defeating them was not a problem. Some goblins surrendered, some were killed. Some came to the north despite the threats. These were probably a group of goblins who came to the north.

 

One of the villagers turned to the goblins and said, "You can stay in our village if you want."

 

“The goblins' eyes lit up with happiness” they didn't know where to go. And this offer was a glimmer of hope.

Mefzar sat on the ground and said, "This is also taken care of."

“Nice speech, captain,” Askar said.

"Well, should we take a look at a dungeon before we go," said the bill.

"Maybe," said Mefzar.

“Would you like to join?” he said, looking at Arthur.

“I've had enough adventures yesterday, I'll wait for you here,” said Arthur.

 

 

------

 

 

Arthur Seated, waiting for the Team to emerge from the dungeon. The villagers and goblins were making their last preparations before returning to the village. No one came to talk to Arthur. But Arthur was aware that they occasionally glance at him.

 

Arthur noticed that he could move the Rocks more easily. He was making progress, albeit very slightly. He felt that it was like bodybuilding. Then he was moving the grains of sand again. Finally, he thought, 'Let's try a little bigger.

 

He picked up a walnut-sized stone from the ground and held it in his palm. He struggled when he tried to move it. But he was able to move it, even if it was only a few inches.

 

Time flew by. Arthur was so focused on the magic that he didn't realize how time passed. Finally, the team came out of the vortex.

 

“Nice dungeon, I wish we could have stayed longer,” Bill said to his teammates as they exited the Vortex.

 

“It would be great if we could capture the central ore,” Askar said.

 

“Don't dream, it takes at least 2-3 years to get the ore,” Mefzar said.

 

The team came towards Arthur.

 

"No problem, right?" Mefzar asked Arthur.

 

“No, everything was fine.”

 

“Okay, we're going out in half an hour, folks.” Mefzar raised his voice. The villagers and goblins nodded, indicating that they understood.

 

“And the bodies of dead bandits,” Arthur asked.

 

“Ahh I forgot them”

 

Mefzar went to the villagers and said something. Villagers and goblins started to prepare a platform from the woods around. After the bodies were lined up on the wood, Mefzar turned to Darkis. "Darkis will you"

 

A ball of fire appeared in Darkis's hand and flew towards the platform. The platform caught fire And the flames began to rise towards the sky. After looking at the flames for a while

“Let’s go guys we need to be in the village before the night. “

 

The group of 60 people left a castle under construction behind them, while the bandits burning in the flames rising to the sky, and started walking towards their home.

When they arrived at the place where they had spent the night, they decided to stop.

 

Arthur saw Elda pop something into his mouth. They were little brown grains.

 

“What are they”

 

"Ahh, these are the seeds of a plant that grows in the homeland of the elves"

 

“It keeps you awake”

 

“Can I” Arthur took a few in Elda's hands. And he sniffed.

 

“Fuck, this is coffee!” He shouted. “Thank god, I thought I will never taste it again.” almost crying

Elda was startled by Arthur's reaction.

 

“Is there any more?” Elda nodded her head yes even though she didn't understand what was going on. These seeds were like bitter medicine for Sentinels and adventurers to sustain themselves.

 

Arthur asked Darkis to light a fire. He took a frying pan from Elda and began to roast the coffee seeds. Everyone on the team was watching him with interest.

 

When the frying process is finished, “Is there a tool that you crush the plants?” asked.

 

Elda gave it to him too. She was wondering what he was trying to do.

 

Arthur ground the beans into powder. And it boiled enough water for the whole team.

 

He poured it into glasses and offered it to the whole team. "It's the most consumed beverage in my world," he said.

 

When Arthur took the first sip, he almost cried with happiness. Although he wasn't exactly a coffee addict, he drank at least one a day.

 

The team was surprised by Arthur's different movements. They were looking at the almost black brown liquid in the glass in their hands. They sipped slowly...

 

“This is wonderful,” said Elda. Despite being grown in his own country, no one smoked these seeds the way Arthur did.

 

“He needs some sugar,” Askar said as he took the sugar out of his pouch and poured it into the coffee.

"It's done now," he said with a smile on his face.

 

“Does it grow in Alwarti?” said Arthur, wondering if the climate was right.

 

“No, it only grows in the ancient lands of elves and minotaurs,” said Elda.

 

“They were pretty lucky,” said Arthur.

 

“How so” Bill had wondered.

 

“Most people in my world drink at least one cup of coffee a day.”

 

“Think how much money they'll make,” said Arthur.

 

The elf and the minotaur were stunned. It was as if their race were standing on top of an unexplored gold mine. And the discovery of this mine had already been made by a human from a different world, north of the Gates of the Mountains, unknowingly. The team fell in love with the coffee at first taste.

 

They continued their conversation over coffee. Afterward, Mefzar said, "Let's go, folks," and the convoy took action once again. They did not encounter any monsters the rest of the way.

 

When they reached the village, the villagers were full of tears. The houses they built with their own hands were burned.

An elf woman was kneeling beside the grave Arthur had dug, crying. Then those who lost their loved ones in the attack went to her side and started to cry. “This world is so cruel,” thought Arthur. The magic and the existence of different races made him feel like he was in a fairy tale. But the reality of those who lost their relatives in a bandit attack brought him out of this fairy tale realm and back to reality.

Mefzar turned to the team and said, "Let's stay here today, we'll go to Bardall tomorrow." The sun was about to set. The villagers were shocked when they saw the state of their houses. They started to prepare the remaining ten houses for the night. Some villagers also were cooking in big cauldrons.

 

Arthur was working his land manipulation magic every chance he got. Everyone was silent while they were eating. The sadness of the villagers lowered the team's morale as well. They ate their food in silence and everyone retired to their homes to sleep.

 

The team was given a house of their own to sleep in.

 

When Arthur falls asleep

 

[Mage level 3]

 

[Mana manipulation skill gained]

 

He saw your writings and continued to sleep.

 

-----

 

“Why...” bill said. he was having a hard time understanding.

 

“To be fair,” Arthur.

 

"But in the real battle, you can't choose your opponent"

 

"They're just fighting for fun, not really preparing for war."

 

“Your people are so weird, Arthur,” Bill said.

 

It had been 2 hours since we had said goodbye to the village and set off. And the topic had come to the fighters in Arthur's world. Bill was surprised after he said they fought according to their weight difference.

 

The landscape they walked on might have been one of the most beautiful places Arthur had ever seen in his life. They were walking among green hills with few trees, with mountains on the horizon.

“Beautiful and deadly,” thought Arthur.

 

Mefzar said, “You better not tell everybody where you came from in Arthur bardall. Not everyone will react as we do.”

 

“It was stupid of you to even tell us,” Askar said.

 

“Give me a break Askar I was teleported to a new world How could I have known it was a world with bandits and monsters,” said Arthur.

 

“Just be careful, bandits not the worst people live in Alwarti”

 

Arthur nodded to show he understood.

 

The road was long. They could only arrive when it got dark. Arthur approached Darkis , Darkis asked for the phone again and was immersed in the song. He touched his arm. Darkis took off an earpiece and looked at Arthur.

 

“How can I help you, Arthur”

 

“Can you help me with fire?” he asked. He more or less understood how to control the land. But he hadn't had a chance to work on the fire yet.

 

“Hmm.” He looked at Arthur as if wondering how to respond.

 

"Imagine a fire in your mind and try to feed it with mana, that's how it works for me at least," she said.

 

"How so," he said

 

“I grew up in an orphanage with Mefzar in Compadia. The orphanage manager would occasionally bring adventurers to give lessons. Then it was up to you, and when I learned that I have a tendency to Fire, I learned it my own way,” she said.

 

“I am sorry”

 

“Don't be, we are the lucky kids a lot of places don't have the luxury that we have. we have food and teachers at least.”

 

“Good job Arthur,” said he to himself.

 

He left Darkisi alone with his music and left. And fire manipulation started to work as described by Darkis. He could not create fire somehow. Then he wondered what would happen if I applied the knowledge of my own world to magic.

 

What was the fire? Simply the plasma state of matter. Then he further elaborated the picture he had in mind.

 

And he began to feed with mana. A spark suddenly appeared on his hand, and then it turned into fire. As he stopped transferring mana from the excitement, the flame quickly disappeared.

 

“You are fucking genius Arthur,” said Darkis when he saw what had happened.

 

“How did you do that?”

 

“Using my old world knowledge I guess”

 

It was clear on her face that she wanted to learn more. Arthur began to explain how the fire was formed. Although it seemed strange at first that everything was made of small grains, the result was clear. And Darkis had never heard of anyone being able to create a fire on the first try. It would take weeks or even months for some students to do.

 

Elda came up to them and began to listen.

 

Darkis tried to create a flame as Arthur had told him.

 

"It's so much easy this way," she said

 

“It will take time to recover from the old way, but I can be at least 2x stronger,”

 

There seemed to be some jealousy in Elda's eyes.

 

"Arthur, tell me everything you know about trees"

 

“Mages,” said the Askar with a sigh.

 

And they continued their journey.

Chapter 6

 

For the past 2 hours, Arthur has been telling two mages what he knows about fire and wood. The sun was moving towards the back of the mountains. They began to slowly climb a hill.

 

When they climbed to the top, the visibility increased and they could finally see something man-made. The road became more evident. Some carriage marks can be seen on the road. There were wheat-style crops on both sides of the road waiting for the harvest. Although far away, Bardall was beginning to appear.

The workers in the field they passed were looking up at the team. As they got closer, the details of the town were also revealed.

 

Surroundings flat around the town. The town was surrounded by 10-meter stone walls. Guards were walking on the wall. It was not a long time before the sun went down so the people in the fields were in a hurry to leave their jobs and go home before the doors closed.

 

As they approached the town, Arthur had the opportunity to examine the Walls more closely. The stones forming the wall were new and no moss was growing on them. When he looked more carefully, he saw that some shapes were engraved at certain intervals. They were shining as the sun's rays hit.

They approached the gate of the town. The farmers and those who wanted to enter the town were lined up in front of the gate. The guards were checking everyone who wanted to enter.

When it comes to Arthur's team, one of the guards says, "oooh Mefzar, are you coming from the mission?"

 

It was obvious that he knew the team. "Yeah, we got lucky," he said.

Arthur caught the guard's attention.

 

"Who's your friend?"

 

“We met on the way, he is our new mage ”

 

“Okay you can pass, the pass takes 6 coppers.”

 

After Mefzar gave the money, they were able to pass the guards and enter the town.

 

“The people earn thousands of gold just from sitting,” said Askar

 

"Which people?" Arthur asked.

 

“Silver rank adventurers like us who founded the town, silver and gold plate adventurers who dream of becoming nobles after the agreements of four kingdoms are establishing towns in the north,” he said.

 

First thing Arthur noticed was the smell. the smell of urine. There seemed to be no sewer in town.

They walking on the town's road. the roads were just soil

The team finally stopped in front of an inn. Arthur looked up and saw the inn's sign. 'Golden ale'

Mefzar pushed open the door. Arthur's face was hit by a heatwave and the smell of alcohol. The inn lobby was made up of tables and chairs. People of different races were eating and drinking alcohol.

The team came in. The people sitting at the table took a look and continued what they were doing.

 

A middle-aged potbelly Dragon-human came up to them and said,

"Oh Mefzar, are you returning from your mission?"

 

"Yes, we need a place to stay, do you have a spare room?"

 

“I have 3 rooms left, you are very lucky. Adventurers have already begun to retreat south.”

“We keep all 3 of them. Can you prepare the bathroom, we all need it. After that, food"

Of course, Jully, get the bathroom ready for our guests!” He shouted to the serving girl.

Arthur was watching this medieval setting with interest. It was like the concept pubs he went to.

The bathroom was quite needed

How many days has it been since he came to this world 4-5 days

But to Arthur, it had been like weeks. And he smelt like hell. After the battle with the Bandits, he had borrowed clothes from Askar. But they were starting to stink of sweat, too.

 

They sat at a table until the bathroom was ready. The girl whom the innkeeper called Jully said that the bathrooms were ready after 10 minutes.

The team got up and moved towards the bathroom at the back of the Inn. There was a separate section for men and women. Mefzar Bill Askar and Arthur entered the bathroom. After taking off his clothes and washing, Artur felt lighter.

“We'll get you new clothes tomorrow,” Askar said, handing the spare clothes to Arthur.

Askar's clothes were a little tight for Arthur.

Then they returned to the lobby. And they found an empty table in the corner and sat down. The ladies of the team looked like they were having fun in the bathroom. They joined the team after 15 minutes.

Jully served the food.

The meal was stew and hot bread fresh from the oven. The food was quite delicious. They certainly had a high-level cook.

 

“When was the town founded?” Arthur said wonderingly.

 

“Three years ago they found a treasure on a mission, the Bardall team made a huge amount of money. They spent the money to build a Town.”

"How much "

“400 gold”

Arthur finally realized how much 1000 gold coins were worth.

“You can fucking build 2 towns with that kind of money,” he thought.

Arthur hadn't realized how excited everyone on the team was for the money. When he looked carefully, he realized how excited they were. Everyone was waiting for tomorrow with excitement. The task and the gold they will get for finding the dungeon.

 

After everyone ate, they retired to their rooms without wasting time.

The room was plain. It has 2 one-person beds and one desk. Arthur was tired after all day walking and want to sleep. He chooses one the window side bed and lay down. when he fell into sleep.

 

[Level 4 Mage]

 

He saw the notification appeared in front of him. He just getting used to it by now and continued to sleep.

 

 

--------

 

 

When he woke up in the morning he saw Bill snoring in the bed next to him.

He was sitting on his bed practicing fire manipulation, while he waited for the others to wake up. His flames were now the size of a candle flame. He could feel the mana he could hold increase as well. He worked until he had exhausted his mana, then someone knocked on the door.

When Arthur opened the door, he saw Askar.

"Let's go-to breakfast, then we'll go to the guild"

Arthur woke Bill and they went down to the lobby together.

The team was ready. After a quick meal, the team made their way to the Guild.

Arthur's attention was drawn to the Streets by the fact that there were no children. "Of course, who brings their child to the most dangerous land," he thought.

Another difference was that the businesses were for adventurers. Everywhere was full of inns. Traders wanting to buy what adventurers find. Blacksmiths repairing armor could also be heard. This place looked more like an outpost than a town.

 

They came to the Guild Building. The building was higher than the others and was made of stone. When they entered, he saw that enchanted glass things like Lamps were hanging on the walls. To the right of the ground floor of the building were the reception desks. To the left were the sitting areas. Arthur saw a few adventurers there looking at the papers. Papers could be seen hanging on the walls. Mefzar went to the reception desk and said something. The woman pointed to the stairs.

“We need to talk to the manager,” he told the team.

The team started walking towards the stairs. The people sitting in the waiting area were watching what was going on. They were wondering what had happened to attract the attention of the manager.

They went upstairs and came to a large door. Two guards were waiting by the door. Mefzar knocked on the door and entered.

The manager was a human in his 50s. He seemed to know the Mefzar and the team.

“What happened to bring your team to my room?” he said to Mefzar.

“We discovered a dungeon, Albert,” he said without further ado. The manager's eyes lit up.

“Where, is it near?” said Albert excitedly.

“Two days' walk from here, the bandits were planning to take it for themselves. Before We killed them” Mefzar said with a grin.

“2 days is pretty close, you can go in one day with a fast horse”

“Seeing the expectation on the team's face, we should check first, if it's true, your money will go straight to your account on the Merchants guild,” he said and laughed.

“He pulled out a map on the side of the table and said, “Where exactly?”

Mefzar showed where they found the dungeon on the map with his hand "here it is"

“John John,” the guard elf waiting at the door opened the door. And went in.

“Send the fastest [Raider] here immediately,” he said.

"It takes 2 days to be verified, and then if it's true, you get your money," he said.

The team left the room after saying by to Albert.

“Why was he so happy?” said Arthur, unable to understand.

“Guild administrators receive a share of the Guild's earnings. the money he earns will increase too,” said Elda.

 

“The founders of the town also get 20%,” Askar said.

 

“I understand why Adventurers build towns, now,” said Arthur

 

The team laughed. North of the gateless mountains was full of treasures, if you were getting 20% ​​off this it was definitely worth taking any risk.

Mefzar went to the reception desk and showed a stone to the people at the box office. The people at the counter handed him a pouch.

When he came back, he gave everyone their share. Arthur handed 3 gold coins.

"But I didn't do anything"

“Don't belittle yourself, Arthur, if it weren't for you, the team might be missing a person”

“We will also divide the dungeon money into 6,” he said.

Arthur's eyes widened. "I just can't accept that," he said. 150 gold It was a huge coin, he understood.

"When he asked if I could join the team, we all agreed. It's best if you get the money"

“But it was temporary”

“Arthur, you almost died for us, now you're part of the team,” Elda said.

“Exactly,” said Darkis.

“Him,” Bill nodded.

Arthur's eyes filled with tears.

“No need to be a tearful eye, let's get you an armor with the gold you bought,” Askar said.

“Thank you guys its means a lot to me,” said Arthur, looking at the team.

After an emotional moment for Arthur, the team left the guild and went to an armor shop.

There were a lot of different armors. Steel armors, armor made of skins of different animals The owner of the shop was a middle-aged avian. But his head was an owl's head, not an Eagle like Mefzar. "Who are you looking for?" he said with a smile on his face.

The team pointed to Arthur.

“Will it be enchanted or not”

The prices of the enchanted armors were very high. A steel armor could see 100 gold.

"Don't be enchanted," said Arthur, and they began to look at the leather armor.

Arthur liked leather armor and went to try it in something like a cabin.

“How is it?” he said when he came out.

After Elda came to him and arranged the armor, he said, "It's fitting all right."

Darkis nodded, too.

Bill took out the fur and claws of the white tiger they had hunted from his Enchanted pouch and said, "How much would you give them?"

“His skin is almost unharmed,” the seller muttered to himself.

“I will give you 5 gold”

"Well," Mefzar took out some armor from his enchanted pouch. Arthur immediately realized that that is the bandit’s armor. They probably took off the clothes before he burned them.

“Hmm, 2 of them are enchanted but quite damaged,” he said.

He said "30 gold for all"

“Come on, man, we all know that armors are easy to repair,” Askar said.

"Okay okay 45 gold last price," he said

They shook hands and parted.

Arthur did not refuse the extended money at this.

“Guys where can I buy that” Arthur pointing to Elda's enchanted Pouch. He had fallen in love with Enchanted pouches since the first time he saw them.

"And you're not afraid to spend your money, huh?" Askar said.

Then they entered a very luxurious store. Two very beautiful elves came up to them and said, "How can we help you?" said

“We were looking at the enchanted pouch,” Askar said. He looked like he was trying to flirt with the girls.

"From here please," said the elf hand.

There were different levels of enchanted pouches. The lowest one could carry 1 m2 of material. Some of them delayed the spoilage of the food. The prices were rising from 5 gold to 50 gold.

Arthur bought one of the lowest 1m2 bags. And he tied it to his belt. Paying the money and leaving, Askar was describing the location of the Golden ale inn to the Elf. Arthur seemed to see that there was a hint of jealousy in Darkis' eyes. But then Darkis was back to his normal self.

They went back to the inn And sat down for a drink.

Everyone ordered a drink and sat down.

"Well, have you ever thought of starting a town," said Arthur, taking a sip of his drink.

“We thought, but we didn't have the money. “Darkis.

“You have Dungen money now,” he said. Arthur.

The team suddenly realized that the topic they were constantly talking about was actually more likely to happen.

“And now we have an architect,” Darkis said while looking at the team.

 

Chapter 7

 

“Askar, what exactly are we doing here,” said Arthur.

 

They were sitting in a bar and having a drink. The raider who went to Dungeon to check would be back this evening. The team was seriously planning to build a town. Arthur didn't expect his casual question to inflame the team so much.

 

"We're clearing your mind," he said and continued.

 

“Since you came here, you have been constantly faced with death. I am trying to show that this world is not just about death,” Askar said as he eyed a human woman.

 

“We need to talk about building a town with the team in the evening”

 

"Yeah in the evening, just relax, man"

 

Showing the female adventurers around.“Try your luck and have fun.”

 

Arthur couldn't bear the Askar's words any longer. He got up from the table. And walked over to the table where the 2 Elves were sitting. One of the elves was blond and the other dark-haired. It seemed like the only way to please Askar. “That's the way,” he heard Askar say behind him.

 

“Hi, can I sit with you a little bit? At least until my friend shuts up,” he said, pointing to Askar.

 

They smiled and pointed to the chair next to them.

 

“By the way I am Arthur,” said Arthur as he sat down in the chair.

 

“Your friend seems pretty eager to see you with someone,” the blond elf said, then remembered that she had forgotten to introduce herself, and pointed to herself.

 

“Lyda and my friend here is Iris”

 

“Nice to meet you,” said Arthur. and continued

 

"Let's say worried for me, our last mission was a bit dangerous for me"

 

“What happened,” said Iris.

 

“They were on a bandit hunt and I was on the hill as a lookout…” After Arthur told the story, the elves' eyes widened.

 

“It was very brave,” said Lyda with interest.

 

“What are your class”

 

“Mage but I am just starting to learn”

 

“Just starting? How come you are here?”

 

“Well let's say I am a very unlucky person,” Arthur said, trying to put a forced smile on his face.

 

Everyone had secrets when the elves noticed to he didnt want to tell them,they didnt asked

 

“How come you are here,” said Arthur, trying to divert the conversation towards them.

 

“We are adventurers too, we tasked to find some alchemical herb for one of the mages by the kingdom of Runera”

 

“Did you guys find it what you looking for” Arthur

 

“Yeah we find it near Endless river and we are on the way back for Runera”

“Endless river?” Arthur asked.

 

“Don't you know? Well, north of here, there's a big river that runs almost from west to east. Nobody knows where it started.”

 

“Was it dangerous?”

 

“The river itself is not dangerous, but we encountered a few monsters around it.”

 

The other continued, "It wasn't something that gold plates couldn't fix," the other elf said.

 

“Wait you guys gold plate”

 

They seemed to be waiting for this question. They nodded.

“my team has a silver plate on,” he said. After collecting himself.

 

“silver plate? Do we know?” said the elf.

 

“Hmm we have Elda as an elf on the team,” said Arthur.

 

“Wood mage I heard her joining different species team”

 

“You know her?” said Arthur, surprised.

 

“We went to the same academy.” said.

 

“Oh really, how was she at the academy.”

 

“I didn't know her personally but she was always in the library I guess. I was quite surprised when I heard that she had joined a team of adventurers.”

 

"Why," he said

 

“I expected him to stay in the academy more. I heard she was pretty good at researching spells,” the elf said.

After 30 minutes Arthur stood up from his chair and

“Ladies, we have a meeting with the team and I have to leave. I really enjoyed our conversation,” said Arthur.

 

"We too," said the elves.

 

"Maybe we'll meet south of the mountains, Arthur," said the elf.

 

“Yeah have a safe journey.”

 

Arthur left the elves and went to the Askar. Askar was chatting with an avian.

 

“We have a meeting with the Askar team, we are running late.” said

 

“You are as much of a killjoy as the others, Arthur, you fit the team perfectly,” he said, and after saying something to the lady next to him, they set off for the Golden Ale.

 

 

--------

 

 

Afternoon Golden Ale's lobby was empty. It was usually full in the evenings and there was no place to take a step. Arthur and the other members of the team were going to talk seriously about building a city. It was probably like our plans to open a bar in the world. But Arthur being an architect and finding the money to build it made things serious.

 

Mefzar took a sip of his drink. And ” Guys what do you think.”

 

“We definitely need to build a city, or we may not get this opportunity again. You never know what the kingdoms will do," said Askar.

 

“Yeah I agree with him It is a golden opportunity,” said the bill.

 

“We risk our lives for very little money. By building a city, we can earn a lot more,” said Darkis.

 

Elda nodded as well.

 

“I'm an architect and my ability is best for building,” said Arthur.

 

"As long as everyone approves, let's get into the details then." said

 

“First of all, where should we build it?”

 

“The most important factor in the growth of cities is accessibility,” said Arthur.

 

“The Gateway is already surrounded by many cities,” Elda said.

 

“Is there a map?” said Arthur.

 

Elda took out a parchment from her enchanted pouch and laid it on the table.

 

Arthur looked at the Map.

 

“Is it safe to travel across the oceans?”

 

“Yes for a skilled captain,” Mefzar said.

 

“Well, why there are no cities on the Shores so the Gates closing won't be a problem,” said Arthur.

 

“As everyone uses the Gate, Adventurers have identified the dangerous places. The Shores And The Outlands Adventurers have not been exploring for a long time." Mefzar said.

 

“Besides, the transportation is a problem, on shores, if something happens there will be at least ten days wait,” Mefzar said.

 

After thinking for a while, Arthur pointed to a place on the map with his hand.

 

“I think this is the best place for a city,” he said.

 

The team bent over the map and looked where Arthur was pointing.

 

“How so”

 

After a small cough, Arthur began to speak.

 

“First of all, accessibility, adventurers will be able to cross south even in the winter”, pointing at the 3 islands east of Alwati, “secondly, merchants will be able to reach academies faster” and finally “using the river, we can establish a transportation network up to the interior of Alwarti”. The team listened to Arthur's words with interest. These were features of a large city.

 

"But uncharted lands harbor danger, so we must take a big risk," he said.

 

“If this place is as important as what you say, I'm willing to take that risk,” Askar said to the team, nodding.

 

“It will be difficult to persuade the workers,” Mefzar said.

 

“Why don't we give them free homes? That is after they built the City Walls,” he said. Arthur

 

" This might work," said Mefzar.

“But first we have to go south of the Mountains, and a three-week journey awaits us,” he said.

“Then we must arrange the workers, merchants, and craftsmen by Spring”

 

“Of course, after we get our money,” Askar said.

 

"Hey Arthur, I want you to build the world's largest colosseum," said Bill, stepping away from the truth.

“Of course,” said Arthur, smiling.

“And the biggest Casino,” said Askar

“Library,” said the Elf

“Orphanage,” said Darkis, after that team gets a little bit gloomy.

 

“Yeah I am going to build the best and biggest Orpahanege in the world,” Arthur said while turning towards Darkis.

 

Darkis looked at Arthur and said, "Thank you."

 

Then a young Avian came to their desk and said, “Dungeon confirmed. The Manager asked me to tell you the money was deposited in your merchant's guild account.” said

 

Mefzar took out a silver coin in his pouch and handed it to the boy and said, "We are going to drunk tonight," with a big smile on his face.

 

The first part of the plan had been successful and the money had arrived.

 

“Let's drink like no tomorrow,” Askar shouted.

 

The innkeeper, who was watching the team, took advantage of the opportunity and sent the drinks. The faces of the team were smiling.

 

Adventurers wouldn't have a home. They would go there wherever their mission was and lie outside without saying anything in rain or cold.

The team will eventually have a house. The house they built with their own hands was exciting for the team.

 

Arthur fell silent as he sipped his beer. He had been through a lot since he'd been here. He hadn't even had a chance to miss his family and friends.

But oddly enough, he had become like a family with his new team. For the first time in this world, he didn't feel alone and alien. Maybe he was going to do the biggest graduation project Oxford University had ever seen.” I am going to build a fucking city in a different world.” he thought to himself. Then he imagined the professors scoring points in the city they didn't like. He laughed to himself. And he joined the team's enthusiasm.

 

----

 

The Sunrays were hitting on Arthurs's head in the morning and his eyes flickered then opened. The headache left his head throbbing and the inside of his mouth was dry. He reached for his enchanted pouch on the nightstand next to his bed. He took out a canteen and drank the water in huge sips. "You're a wonderful thing," he said. He stared at the enchanted pouch. Then he looked back, Bill was asleep. He was used to his snoring now and was unaffected.

 

Neither fire nor earth manipulation could work yesterday. He also had to learn word spells from Elda. Elda had said she could teach as much as she knew.

Darkis knew nothing but a few useful word spells. Elda had made the same offer to him in the past, but Darkis refused because he wanted to focus on the fire.

 

Arthur tried to lift the walnut-sized stone in his hand. He could only lift it half an inch from his hand. After repeating the same thing for a long time, the fire passed, and he tried to carry the flame further over his hand and continue to burn there.

His mana control was getting better and better.

 

“Arthur Bill, let's go-to breakfast.” came a voice. It was Elda's voice. Arthur woke Bill up. He handed the flask when he saw that his head was throbbing from alcohol because of his face.

“Thanks, man,” Bill said.

 

“We're going down for breakfast, Bill,” said Arthur as he made his way to the door of the room.

 

The lobby of the inn was full of adventurers having breakfast.

 

He searched the table where Elda and Darkis were, and saw that they had managed to get a table in the corner.

 

“Good morning”

 

“Good morning,” They both say at the same time.

 

“Where are the rest of the team,” Arthur said.

 

“They will come... Probably everyone wasted last night.” Elda said while smiling.

 

“Yeah, my head hurt like crazy.”

 

Elda took a pill-like substance from her enchanted pouch and handed it to Arthur.

 

“What is this?” Arthur asked, looking at the pill he had taken.

 

“For your hangover,” said Elda.

 

Arthur swallowed the pill. Within 30 seconds, the headache was gone.

 

“This is magical,” he said in surprise.

 

Arthur was seeing different and magical things in every corner of this world. His reaction managed to make the ladies in front of his laugh.

 

First Bill came, then Askar and Mefzar.

They all seemed to know about the pill Arthur had just taken, and they looked normal.

 

When the food came, they started to make a plan of action.

 

“Let's leave Bardall in two days,” Mefzar said.

 

“Our next destination is Riverdown.”

 

After breakfast Arthur wanted to explore the town a little more. Arthur and Bill began to walk the streets of the Town. Goblins caught Arthur's attention. Almost all businesses were using goblins. Goblins had a very tragic story. They were the natives of Alwarti. When the fog cleared, the whole world suddenly swooped down on them like a greedy wolf.

A long time ago, before the leveling event came, they might have had a chance against other countries, but leveling up had changed all the balances.

From what he heard from Elda, before leveling came the kings of the world were mages.'But why, why Gods leave all the sudden, why Goblins cant level and why he is here' Arthur thought while scrolling around the town.

 

Chapter 8

 

It was cold. The weather had changed a lot in the past week and it seemed that winter was coming to the Alwarti continent. But regardless of the cold, the wheels of a carriage insisted on turning. The roads were neither well-maintained nor looked like they had been used much. It was an Avian driving a chariot. A Minotaur was sitting next to him. And a voice came from behind the chariot.

 

"Can't you use it with a little care?"

 

“Shut up Askar,” Mefzar said. Hoping he'll stop whining.

 

The team had bought a 5 gold carriage for the journey. They could sell it back even if it was a little cheaper in the south of the mountains. It was a good purchase. All that was left was to get the horses and the cart safely to the south. Their next stop was Riverdawn, 4 days away.

 

Arthur was drawing the first plans of the city on the computer. It was pretty ridiculous to plan without seeing the actual construction site, but he was doing it to form an idea for the team anyway. The bumps in the road made it very difficult for him. Finally, he couldn't stand it and decided to do it later. Elda kept her head up like a curious cat, watching what Arthur was doing.

 

“Would you like to watch a movie?”

 

“What is that?” Elda said curiously.

 

“is there bard class right?”

 

“Of course”

 

“Instead of telling, the movie is like showing to the story.”

 

The awning of the Horse Carriage protected the 4 passengers from the wind.

 

“Askar do you want to join?”

 

“Different world weirdness? write me too," he said,

 

4 people were sitting side by side in the back of the Carriage, waiting for Arthur to open the movie.

Arthur opened his favorite movie and it was a suitable movie in the environment, Lord of the Rings. When the members of the team saw the movie scenes, they started to watch with curiosity and interest. They were trying to understand what had happened.

 

"I thought you had no magic in the world," said Elda in amazement.

 

“No, but we fantasies these thoughts,” said Arthur

 

As for the hobbit scenes

 

“They are like satyrs,” said Darkis.

 

“Shhh”

They continued to watch carefully. They even forgot about the shaking of the car. They couldn't come to their senses when the closing music played. Even Askar was stuck. Finally, Elda was able to gather herself and say something.

 

“Arthur, did you lie to us?”

 

"About what?"

 

“Technology, only human, peace”

 

“No … think of it as an illusion, fictitious”

 

“But the story was so real. Are you sure the power ring isn't real?” Darkis said.

“I'm 100% sure it's pure fantasy. Hmm wait”, then he actually searched the archive for a movie he could open.

 

“Look, this reflects a little more real life,” he said. By opening the 'Notebook'.

 

They locked onto the screen as if they were hypnotized again. Mefzar and Bill were curious, but one had to drive and the other had to look for the dangers around.

 

At the end of the movie, when the text flowed down the black screen, Arthur looked at his teammates.

 

Askar's eyes filled with tears, but he was holding back from crying. The ladies were crying without hesitation.

 

“N..that was a good story,” said Darkis.

 

“Yeah” Elda nodded.

 

“If we spread this, all Bards will be out of work,” Askar said after he had gathered himself.

 

They watched two movies in a row. And they watched so carefully that they didn't even move. Askar stood up and tensed his muscles.

 

"We should camp, it's getting dark," said Mefzar.

 

They pulled the cart into the clearing at the side of the road. And they started to set up tents. Arthur had gathered some wood and lit the fire. Elda began to prepare the food.

 

“Elda, why are you the only one cooking?” said Arthur.

 

“Have you ever eaten something that others have made?” said Elda, pointing to the team.

 

“I would not recommend it to learn. When I first joined the team, the food was so bad that I had to take the [cook] class ? ' he said, smiling.

 

“Elda, you were going to tell me about your word spells, can we talk after dinner?”

 

"Sure, what do you know"

 

“There are only 108 main words” Elda's book was very superficial and she was the only source of information.

 

"That's right, you just read the book I gave you, right?"

 

"Okay, we'll talk over coffee after dinner."

 

They had bought some milk from Bardall after Arthur had said that coffee was better with milk. Elda's enchanted pouch also had the feature of preserving food. The team thought they should get one too, so they bought 20 gold before they came to the north.

 

After dinner, Elda and Arthur sat by the fire with coffee in their hands.

 

Elda began to speak calmly.

 

“There are 108 known basic word spells. The last discovery was 100 years ago. Anyway. In word spell enchantments, if you infuse these words with silver, platinum, or gold and engrave them on an object, you can transfer the power of word spells to items. But every basic word magic can be combined with other basic word magic.”

 

Arthur thought of what Eldan had said, then there was an almost endless array of word magic. But he was even more surprised by the other sentence of the hand.

 

“And 3 combinations can be made, 4 in 5, and Artis Zurdos made the most combination with 17.”

 

“Why is it difficult to combine word spells? "Said. Arthur. And Artis Zurdos appeared before him again. His name was also in the book. As the most powerful mage of the last ten thousand years.

 

"Each word must be combined with another word and form a whole. If this unity is not achieved, the spell may explode or disappear by itself. Those who work in these combinations must take very high-security measures." said Elda

 

Elda handed Arthur a book. “We'll talk again after we read this,” she said, handing Arthur a book.

 

“You have a lot of books, Elda,” he said with a smile.

 

“The books I used when I was in the academy,” Elda said

 

Arthur thought of talking to the elves in the Bar. And he wondered why he didn't stay at the academy and continue his magic research.

 

"Why didn't you stay at the academy and continue your magic research," he said.

 

When Elda didn't seem to expect the question, Arthur told her about the elves he had met at the bar.

 

 

“My father was a lord of a small town in Runera. But he got involved in some business that he shouldn't have gotten involved with. They were exiled to the continent of elves with my mother. It was not free in the academy. I decided to leave too. Maybe I could stay by selling the enchantments I made, but I didn't see the need.” she said, her face falling.

 

“How about we start a school when we build the town,” said Arthur.

 

“You can do that?”

 

“Of course”

 

“Thank you Arthur it mean a lot to me”

 

After talking a little more about magic, they joined the firemen.

 

“Askar, you are driving the car tomorrow, I want to see these movies too,” he said.

 

Bill nodded, too. The room was curious, and they had had a tiring time focusing their attention on the road.

 

"Why don't we watch another one before we go to sleep."

The eyes of the team shone. Those who saw the movies wanted to see another one. He was dying to see those who could not see.

 

“Elda laptop is running out of battery, can you recharge it?”

 

“Okay,” he said, and muttered something.

 

“What word spell is that?” Arthur asked Elda.

 

“The combination of the 2 words “Fill” and “Mana”,” she said.

 

Arthur planned to read the book on the trip tomorrow. And opened a movie from his archive.

"Harry Potter"

 

The team was soon locked into the sounds of the laptop.

 

“Who needs a wand to cast a spell,” Elda said in the middle of the movie.

“Very troublesome,” said Darkis.

Arthur found their response quite satisfying. And he was laughing at these reactions.

After the movie ended, Bill looked a little disappointed.

 

“Hey Arthur, don't you have any warrior stories in this gadget,” Bill said, pointing to the laptop.

 

“There is, can watch it tomorrow.”

Arthur's Answer was satisfying. A smile appeared on his face.

 

Apart from the movie, there was something else they were impressed with. Cities, Roads, Cars. How clean it is.

"Is this the city we're going to build," said Darkis hopefully.

 

"Probably not," said Arthur.

 

“I have to produce the cement from scratch, so we will have to wait at least 1-2 years,” said Arthur.

 

"And the structures in our world use a lot of iron and steel if we can't find a mine near the city I don't think we can afford it"

 

When Arthur saw his team depressed,

 

“I can build a great city out of stones, and as new materials become available, with magic it can be even more beautiful than they are,” he said.

 

Then a question suddenly came to Arthur's mind.

 

"What will we name the city?"

 

The team looked at each other. No one had thought of this question. What should they name the city they were going to build?

 

"Let everyone think of a name by tomorrow night? We'll discuss it then, what do you say?"

 

After everyone nodded, they began to think about what name they would suggest.

 

Then

 

 

 

"Let's set the watch line and go to bed," he said. Mefzar without looking at Arthur.

Arthur also wanted to keep watch. He didn't want to be a burden to the team.

 

“Mefzar, I can keep it if you want, I have the [danger sense] skill,” said Arthur.

 

Mefzar wasn't expecting such an offer. He looked at the group, then said, "Okay, you're on the first watch," then wake me up in 2 hours and I'll take over, throwing an hourglass at Arthur.

 

The team retreated to the tents and Arthur started to sit alone as the campfire went out. He didn't bother to light it again as the fire would reduce his vision. He could hear the sounds of wild animals in the distance. There were the sounds of small insects. It was full of life.

 

Then he looked up. And he saw the presence of a crescent. He hadn't looked at the sky since he had arrived. He just realized. The moon was slightly blue.

 

“Wha…” then he swallowed the words that were on the tip of his tongue to keep from making a sound.

He wondered what else I hadn't noticed. Many mysteries were waiting to be discovered in this new world, and Arthur was on the first page of a thick book.

 

With the absence of fire, he began to feel the cold of the night even more. He grabbed his cloak tighter and began to watch the hourglass. Slowly time passed like grains of sand and the last grain fell. Arthur got up and went to wake Mefzar.

 

“Mefzar,” he whispered. Avian woke up straight as if he had gotten used to it.

 

"Is it my turn?" said the room in a whisper. In the tent, the soldier continues to sleep. Arthur shook his head.

 

“Okay, you can sleep,” he said, and slowly got out of the tent.

 

Arthur went to the tent he shared with Bill, opened the tent, and went in. Strangely enough, he wasn't snoring. "I'm lucky," he said, reaching out to her.

 

And he fell asleep with the tiredness of the road.

Chapter 9

 

Arthur was woken up by Bill suddenly jumping out of the tent, then he heard the sounds of fighting outside.

 

“Arthur wake up, we are under attack”

 

Arthur quickly shook off his stupor and stepped out of the tent.

 

He began to look around, hoping to find the team and what they were fighting.

The time was like the late hours of the night, even the sky was starting to light up a little. He was finally able to see what the team was fighting.

 

A monster 3 meters tall, resembling a giant kangaroo. But this kangaroo had blade-sharp claws for its hands, and its tail was covered with hard scales.

 

Bill immediately took his shield and sword from his enchanted pouch and donned them. For situations like this, everyone was sleeping in their armor, then leaped towards the lizard.

"You finally woke up Bill," said Mefzar.

 

“You would still sleep if 2 armies fought beside you,” Askar said.

 

“Okay guys, leave the defense to me now,” he said as he leaped towards the creature.

 

Arthur just watched. If he had tried to help, it would have been more of a hindrance to the team, and he was fed up with it and wanted to do something.

The battle progressed so fast. Arthur couldn't even understand the team's combat composition.

 

Although Elda tried to use the vines, the animal kept slipping away.

 

Darkis launched a fireball, but it missed. On her third try, she had finally hit the monster. The fireball landed on the animal's neck. The Beast was stunned when it was hit. Elda had taken advantage of this opportunity to finally catch the animal with the vines. Mefzar immediately started shooting arrows at the monster.

 

But it looked like the beast had no plans to give up. He swung his tail at Bill standing in front of him. Although Bill saw the incoming attack, he could not dodge and took the forward shield and defended. Bill was thrown backwards when the tail hit the shield.

 

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he said, standing up. And he ran towards the animal again.

 

Elda pulled two more vines from the ground, but their ends were pointed. These vines quickly moved towards the beast and stabbed into the beast. The monster let out a cry. At this time, Askarda began to strike the beast with sword blows on the beast's knuckles.

 

 

The monster slowly fell to the ground. The animal finally fell motionless. Everyone collapsed to the ground, panting.

 

“I miss the south sometimes,” Askar said.

 

Everyone nodded.

It was a rare time when the team all agreed with Askar.

 

The sky was about to clear. The team began to assemble the tents.

After some rest, Bill began to skin the animal with his knife.

 

Soon the tents were assembled. Coffees were made. They were assessing the war.

 

 

------

 

The carriage was once again on the road. This time the drivers were different. Mefzar was checking around again, but this time it was Askar who was driving the car. The roads had not changed since yesterday and were still in bad shape. But they came out of the woods and continued on their way through a flat valley completely covered with green grass. Elda was reading a book in her hand. Darkis was using Arthur's flame tips to improve his control. He had trouble with control in the last war, but he had increased his power, and control remained.

 

Arthur was reading the book Elda had given him in the back of the chariot. Speech spells were very complex. There were 108 basic word spells. But these word spells could be combined with each other. What's more interesting is that compound word spells could also combine with other compound word spells. This offered an almost endless field for mages to explore.

 

There were many examples in the book. Arthur was looking at the word magic Elda used to charge the phone and laptop. It was one of many examples in the book.

 

He decided to give it a try and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Its charge was 56%. Looking at the charging bar of the phone, he said the words [mana-fill] Arthur felt the mana in his body being absorbed by the phone.

 

Arthur gasped when the phone charging bar showed 100%, using almost all the mana in his body.

 

"I did," he said excitedly.

 

Elda looked up from the book she was reading. And he looked at Arthur. “Congratulations Arthur,” he said.

 

When Arthur was overwhelmed by his success in word magic, he turned to Elda.

 

“Elda is it possible to use the surrounding mana for magic”

 

"It's possible, but you need to be very good at mana control"

 

“You remember the enchantments on the Bardall wall, right? They use the mana in nature as an energy source.”

 

"Can you do it"

 

“I can do it, even if I'm not very good at it,” said Elda.

 

“Do we need to find someone to enchant the walls of our city?”

 

“I can try, but it is better to leave the job to the professionals. There are only mages who tend to this area, we should probably hire one of them," said Elda.

 

Arthur could have built the wall. But there were giant monsters north of the Gateless mountains. It was impossible to stop them with the staying power of the stone alone. And the walls had to be enchanted. Arthur thought he had to learn these enchantments. If he learned well, he would have gained a lot of maneuverability in the buildings he would design.

 

Thus the carriage continued on its way.

 

Arthur opened episodes of the Spartacus series for Bill. The people behind the carriage started watching the movie.

 

“Guys, hide them, we have another carriage ahead of us,” he said.

 

Arthur immediately closed the laptop and put it in his enchanted pouch.

 

As they approached the carriage in front, they saw that one of its wheels had come off. Even more, interestingly, Arthur knew the people in the car in front.

 

These were Lyda and Iris.

 

“Do you need help?” said Mefzar. Adventurers often helped each other. It was like an unwritten rule. The adventurer's life was tough, and other adventurers knew it best.

 

The blond elf said, "No, we're done"

 

Then he saw Arthur sitting in the back.

"Oh hello Arthur"

 

“Hi Lyda”

 

“Is this your team?” said.

 

“Yes, we are going south,” said Arthur.

 

“Riverdawn?”

 

“Yes”

 

"If you want, we can travel together, and we're going there,too," he said.

 

Arthur looked at Mefzar, this was not a decision he could make.

 

“Of course we wouldn't say no to extra hands to fight Monsters,” said Mefzar

 

The Lyda and Iris team consisted of 4 people. Lyda, Iris, a gnome, and another male elf.

 

Gnomes were a slender race, unlike dwarves, who were usually one meter tall. They had come to the Alwarti continent with the Elves. And they were quite prone to Magic.

After replacing the wheel, they continued on their way in the form of a convoy.

 

They did not encounter a monster during their journey. It had been a quiet journey. As it started to get dark, they chose a campsite and stopped.

 

After the tents were set up, a fire was lit in the middle. And both teams started to prepare the food.

 

Elda and Lyda were talking about their days at the academy while they were preparing the meals. They were laughing about the good memories and the mistakes of their teachers as if they had met at a high school reunion.

 

After meals, Arthur started making coffee. Members of the other team watched Arthur with interest. When he finished and handed out a cup to everyone.

 

“What is that?” said Iris. The gnome and the other elf were also looking curiously at the glass in their hands.

 

“Coffee,” said Arthur.

“A drink made from bitter seeds,” Elda said.

 

The opposing team took a sip of their coffee.

 

"This is great," said the gnome

 

His other teammates also agreed. They were amazed that this herb, which had been in front of their eyes for a long time, turned into such an amazing drink.

 

“Well, have you thought about what to name it?!” Said Mefzar.

Seeing the visiting team looking at itself, “we are planning to build a city to the north of the mountains”

 

They nodded as if to say they understood. All the adventurers south of the mountains dreamed of building a city in the north and becoming a noble and swimming in gold.

 

then Lyda

“Or was it you who reported the dungeon?”

 

“Word is spreading pretty fast, huh,” Askar said.

 

“All the gold plates around going there, right now,” said iris.

 

“The first group to get the core ore will be rich,” Bill said.

 

“Why didn't you go?” said Arthur, they had a gold plate, but they were going south.

 

“We need to deliver the herb he wanted to the alchemist,” said the gnome, his voice unexpectedly deep for his small size.

 

 

 

“If he's keeping you from the dungeon, he must be pretty important,” Mefzar said curiously.

 

“Delivery of Lucas the alchemist,” said the male elf

 

“Mystic elf?” the group said at once. Arthur seemed to be the only person who didn't know who Lucas was.

 

When Elda saw Arthur's frivolous gaze

 

“One of alwarti's top alchemists was recently working on a potion that would make anyone's body capable of using magic.”

 

If such a drug existed, how much would it sell for? What would nobles do to give to their sons and daughters?

 

 

Mefzar must have thought that the subject was too dispersed, so "we were saying names"

 

“City of adventurers,” said Bill.

 

“At least half a dozen towns use it already,” Mefzar said.

 

“City of gambling,” said the soldier

 

“No,” said the whole team in unison.

 

The team fell silent. Others couldn't think of anything properly.

 

"Unity "

 

“What,” said Mefzar.

“The City of Unity,” said Arthur, and continued.

 

“I think it is quite appropriate that a team of different races is establishing a city”

 

He seemed to have the approval of everyone on the team.

 

"I'm starting the vote then," said Mefzar

 

“Those who accept the City of Unity,” he said.

 

The entire team raised their hands at the same time.

 

 

 

"Okay, our city's name is Unity," said Mefzar.

 

Askar took a bottle from the enchanted pouch and said, "This is celebratory news."

 

"You're right," said Darkis, as usual, it was truly something to celebrate.

 

The other team shared the excitement of Arthur's team.

 

Glasses were drawn and drinks were poured.

In the middle of the desolation north of the Gateless Mountains, a group of lively people of different races began to celebrate. No one drank to the point of getting drunk. No one knew what might happen in a moment in this land, but laughter had already filled the air.

 

Adventurers mingled very quickly. People who experience the same happiness and the same pain understand each other more easily. Conversations were held until late into the night.

 

After both teams chose their scouts, they went to the tents to sleep.

 

Arthur went into the tent. Bill was on the first watch. He lay down on his matrix and stared at the ceiling of the tent. A lot had happened today, monster attack then encounters with other adventurers, their city had a name, he had a purpose in this world, now maybe a bigger purpose than in the previous world he could really have an impact on this world

 

If magic and technology were combined, there was no limit to what he could do. He fell asleep dreaming of such a world.

 

 

[mage level 5]

 

[increased memory skill gained]

 

Chapter 10

 

Two chariots appeared on Riverdawn's horizons. Slowly, they drove along the flowing roads in horse-drawn carriages. It had started raining for the last two days, still sprinkling from time to time. The weather was getting colder, it was time for those who didn't have a job in the north of the mountains to retreat to the south. Because of this, Riverdawn's streets were busier than ever before. And the merchants were trying to take whatever the adventurers had. Those in the two carriages hastened to join the revel on the Riverdawn.

 

The carriage of Arthur's team was reminiscent of a merchant car with a tarpaulin at the back, pulled by two horses. Although the car's awning protected those in the back, it did not protect those who were sitting in the car and driving the car. And the unlucky one who used it in the rain was Arthur. Driving a carriage was easier than expected, the horses were already following the current road. Arthur was controlling the horses to stay calm or where to go in an emergency.

 

In the past 3 days, Arthur had gained 2 more levels. The team watched in amazement at the rate at which Arthur leveled up. In addition, his control over fire and earth had increased. Although he still couldn't use it as a weapon, he could make the fireball burn up to 2 meters away.

 

The movie nights of the team were over because of the other team they traveled together. Arthur observed the riverdawn ahead.

 

Not much different from Bardall. Sawn fields lined both sides of the road. If he didn't see it wrong here, they have an orchard planted apple trees in here.

 

The carriages came slowly to the town gates. They did not wait in line because no peasants were waiting in front of the door.

 

"Let me see the plates, gentlemen," said the guard at the door.

 

He was not at all surprised when Mefzar and the others showed the plates the silver inlaid plates. Most of those who came to the north were silver plates. Although Arthur didn't show it, he had no trouble getting in and out of towns because he is surrounded by advanturers.

 

“24 coppers,” said the sentry.

 

“24? Are you trying to rob us? said Mefzar with shock.

 

“Complain to the lords, we want what they say.” said the guardwith flat tone. It was obvious they got the same reaction from everyone.

 

“The opportunists are literally robbing those who go south,” Askar said.

 

Mumbling to himself, Mefzar paid the money. And the team walked through the door. According to Bardall, this town was quite crowded. Here you could not smell the urine as much as in the bardall. The fact that there was a river right next to the town made it easy for them to build sewers.

 

Merchants opened their stalls selling potions, scrolls, knives, and much more.

 

Lyla's team knew a good inn. And Arthur's team was going after them. They came to an inn called "Yellow rose".

 

It was a wooden 3-story building. They pushed the door of the inn and entered. The lobby of the inn was 2-3 times larger than Golden ale's. When the elven innkeeper saw Lyla, she immediately came to the door and greeted them.

 

"Lyla, it's been a long time," said the innkeeper.

 

“How are you Eldur”

 

“Great, I made the right decision coming here. I'm leveling up at least twice as fast as Runera. I'm already level 24," he said.

 

Everything you did when you pushed yourself or in difficult conditions accelerated your leveling. Maybe that was the case with Arthur.

 

Everything you did when you pushed yourself or in difficult conditions accelerated your leveling up. Maybe that was the case with Arthur. He had been alone one night in a town filled with corpses teleported to a different world and had been trying to adjust to his new reality for the past 10 days.

 

“Do you have room for us?” said Lyla, pointing to the nine people standing behind her.

 

“I have 3 rooms left, and if you don't act quickly, they can be taken at any time.” said

Eldur.

 

"Okay we're holding on," said Lyda

 

"We'll stay together anyway, it doesn't hurt anyone to get stuck a little"

 

“We need a bath,” said Arthur.

 

He couldn't take a shower due to long journeys and was just getting used to this life. It was uncomfortable for the others, of course, but Arthur had gone from showering once a day to once every 4-5 days, and it was quite uncomfortable.

 

Eldur promptly told a young male elf that the baths should be prepared, then pointed to their rooms. The rooms were cleaner and larger than the Golden's, and the sheets smelled clean as if they had just been washed.

 

After putting the things in the room, the young elf came and said that the bathrooms were ready.

 

Then they all went to the bathroom together. Actually, it wouldn't be right to call it a bathroom, it was something like a small bathhouse. The steam bath relaxed all the muscles that had been tense from the journey. When they got out of the bathroom, they went straight to the inn's lobby to eat.

 

Eldur had arranged a large table for both teams. Arthur understood why he was leveling up so fast. This innkeeper was doing his job pretty well.

 

The conversation started when they got to the table and started to eat the food. The two teams had gotten very close to each other in the past few days.

 

“You should definitely come to the town we built next year,” Arthur told Lyla.,

 

“Where are you setting up, is it close to here”

 

“No, we decided to follow a different path.”

 

“Which way?” said Lyla curiously.

 

“We are planning to establish the city on the shore of the ocean.”

 

“But no one has been there since Alwarti's first landing,” said Lyla

 

He said "Yes we take some risks"

 

“It looks like it's going to be a very interesting city, we'll definitely stop by,” she said. The main source of income for the gold plates was the north of the Mountains. The harsh conditions created many legends. And the alchemists were crazy about the plants found. And the dungeons were not appearing anywhere except Alwarti.

You were obtaining a core ore when you completed Dungeon When you broke this ore, the dungeon would re-open wherever you wanted, but every time it was opened, the monsters and puzzels in the dungeon would get stronger. An ore could be broken 3 times so far.

 

After the meals were eaten, the tiredness of the journey settled on the teams and everyone retired to their rooms.

 

 

--------

 

 

Bill's snoring woke Arthur, but this time he wasn't alone, the men of the team were all sleeping in one room. As Askar woke up, Arthur heard Askar say, "I thought I was done with this." And a smile appeared on his face.

 

The team couldn't take it anymore, and They woke up Bill and went down to the lobby of the Inn for breakfast. The meals were very tasty. After dinner, Arthur asked a waiter for hot water. This caught the innkeeper's attention. When the hot water came, the innkeeper was watching with interest what Arthur was doing.

 

Arthur made coffee for both teams. Lyla's team also became addicted to coffee when they were traveling together. The innkeeper could not stand it and come to them.

 

“Lyla, what is that?”

 

"Arthur better explains, it's a drink he found," she said.

 

The innkeeper looked at Arthur.

 

“It's called coffee,” said Arthur, handing him a cup. When the innkeeper took the first sip, his eyes lit up. As the taste of coffee began to spread in his mouth, he realized that this was a golden opportunity and looked at Arthur, who was sitting at the table.

 

“What is it made of, please-, I can make the payment,” he said,

 

Arthur had an idea when he saw the innkeeper's behavior.

 

"Okay I'll tell you, but you can't tell anyone what it's made of, you just sell it in your inn."

 

Those in the team were surprised Arthur's Words

He told the other group directly. But he made a condition against the innkeeper.

 

When the innkeeper agreed the conditions, Arthur told the innkeeper what it was made of and how it was made. When the innkeeper leaves, the team asked Arthur why he was acting like that.

 

“I came up with an idea to double the money we have.”

 

“How?” Askar said excitedly.

 

“First we have to go south of the mountains and then we will collect all the coffee beans in the big cities.”

 

“When we introduce coffee, there will be an explosion of demand”

 

“Arthur, this is genius,” said Elda.

 

Darkis nodded excitedly.

 

The team got even more excited as they considered the possibility of doubling the gold.

 

Coffee beans were like a drug used by night watchers or adventurers to stay alert. If they could have a monopoly in the coffee market in a short time, doubling would be the worst possibility.

 

Lyla's team were hesitant to get involved in the plan.

Arthur wasn't one of their teams, but he had told them a great way to make money.

They did not want to take advantage of this situation.

Seeing the expressions on their faces, Arthur continued.

"You should also buy as many coffee beans as you can afford"

 

They also began to dream of gold. It was a win they would earn without risking their lives.

 

“Thank you, Arthur,” Lyda said with gratitude in her eyes.

 

Teams could not standstill. After drinking their coffee, they immediately got ready and left the Riverdawn.

 

Arthur was sitting in the back of the carriage, practicing his spells. He was able to grasp its logic, albeit slowly. He was trying little word magic. The excitement of the team was evident on their faces and he could feel the chariots starting to move faster. They had 2 more weeks until the gate of the south. And Arthur planned to spend this break working on magic.

 

Chapter 11

 

“Crazy, absolutely cra---”

 

“What happened,” said Darkis

 

“Arthur was level up to 12 last night”

 

"At this rate, you'll catch us before we build the city," said Askar, looking at Arthur.

 

It had been 2 days since I left the last city. With magic, Arthur could control fire and earth enough to defend himself from little monsters. They were now passing through a forested area. As they were getting closer to the mountains, the number of monsters was greatly reduced. But both teams continued on their way without giving up the precaution.

 

They would arrive at Gatecity, right next to the gateway, which is the first city to be established in the north of the mountains today in the afternoon. The team was very excited both because of the plan to get out of the north and Arthur's money-making plan.

 

Horse carriages were moving along the road surrounded by forests on both sides. The quality of the roads improved as they approached the gate, and they started to travel without much concussion. Eventually, the trees around the road started to decrease.

 

Arthur came from the back of the carriage to the front, poked his head out from the grove, and looked at the landscape before him.

 

"Breathtaking," he said

 

“Everyone who sees it for the first time has the same reaction,” Bill said. Bill was driving the car with the tomb.

 

The mountains before him were so high that Arthur had to look up. There was snow near the summits of the mountains, and it probably did not melt throughout the year. It looked like the Himalayas Arthur had seen on postcards. The foothills of the mountains were covered with sharp rocks and cliffs.

Again, nature somehow found a way to sneak into this difficult land and trees were growing on the steep slopes. Arthur finally understood why it was impossible to cross further south than through the gate. According to the team members, Compadia and Aster offered the adventurers thousands of gold coins to find another gateway, but despite all the search, there was no other gate. From one end of the Alwarti to the other, the mountains were going. Except for the Gate, it was perhaps the most strategic area in Alwarti, and the four kingdoms would do anything to keep it from falling into the hands of a single kingdom.

 

The car continued on its way. They got closer to Gatecity. The walls were rising 30 meters. Crossbows were set at the top of the walls, and the guards were constantly checking for monsters approaching the city. Arthur was fascinated by the wall's majesty. They approached the city gate. The sun was yet to set, but adventurers who wanted to go south had already formed a long queue at the city gate. While waiting in line, Arthur was watching the group of adventurers in front of them with interest. Most of them were silver level. Of course, iron was not absent at the level. But something caught his attention more. Teams were usually made up of a single race or the races of their affiliated kingdoms.

 

Arthur's team was made up of different races, and this was extremely rare.

 

“There aren't many racial groups,” said Arthur, pointing to the group in front of them.

 

"We're rare, aren't we," said Askar.

 

 

“Gatecity is like a fun place right now, watch your purses,” Mefzar said.

 

Lyla was talking to Gerr and Thure. They were right behind Arthur's carriage.

 

After seeing the Adventurer's plates, they gave the sentries 6 coppers and passed. In all the towns where they stayed to the south, they paid 3-4 times this amount. Gatecity was different. It was a city of 100 thousand people. And this figure exceeded 130 thousand with adventurers and traders who wanted to go from north to south.

 

When Arthur first entered the city, the first thing that caught his attention was the width of the roads. It was a cobblestone road designed so that at least 4 carriages could pass side by side. The buildings were 3 stories high and looked well maintained. The streets were filled with shouts, laughter, and hastily moving people. The carriage passed through the streets and stopped in front of one inn. The goblin, who was waiting at the door, immediately came and showed them a place to park the car.

The inn was a 3-story Stone made place. The sign had a Bread and beer goblet logo with the words Bread & Wine right next to the logo. Pretty creative, Arthur thought when he saw the sign.

 

They walked through the door and an elf greeted them. "How can I help you?" said the elf.

 

“Do you have any spare room”

 

“You are very lucky that 2 groups left today to go south. "Our 5 rooms are empty," he said.

 

They were indeed lucky, it was the heyday of the gate city and almost all the inns were full.

 

"We're holding," said Mefzar hastily, for fear someone might hold the rooms before him. Until they came here, they did not feel comfortable in the towns where they stayed. They always stayed in cramped rooms.

 

“How many days will you stay?” said the elf.

 

Mefzar turned to both his team and Lyda's team and said, "How about we stay for 2 days"

 

"It's okay for us," Lyda said after looking at her teammates.

 

When those in the tomb's team nodded their approval

 

“2 days,” he said.

 

"I can show you your rooms if you want, and then I think you'd like to take a shower," he said.

 

As if reading to the team's mind. Two teams followed the elf and went to their rooms. The lobby was the largest lobby that Arthur had ever seen in an inn. There were enough tables and chairs for 200 people to sit comfortably in. Lots of waiters were bringing food to the tables. And Arthur was going to his rooms without seeing the innkeeper for the first time. This place looks more like a small hotel than an inn, he thought as he climbed the stairs.

 

While they were taking their showers and eating their meals, it was 2 hours before dark and Arthur wanted to visit the city for a bit.

 

“I want to take a tour of the city, who will join me,” he said, taking a bite of his food.

"I'll come," said Elda

 

“Me too,” said Darkis, they had become two.

 

“I'm just thinking about the bed,” Bill said.

 

Mefzar Askarda indicated that they would not come. Driving the car and sitting in the cold made them tired. Lyda's team also seemed tired, so they wanted to sleep directly.

 

“Okay, let's go out after dinner then,” said Arthur.

-----

 

People of different races were trying to sell things on the streets of Gatecity. Street food stalls were shouting to attract customers on the side of the road. As they continued to walk, they also moved away from the street vendors. There were big shops in this part of the city. They came to the places where the wealthy part of the city lived.

 

As Arthur was walking down the road, he saw a shop selling books. Excitedly turning to Elda and Darkis.

 

“How about a look”

 

When they entered the door, the shop owner Satyr came up to them and said, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

 

“No, we're just looking,” said Arthur, and wasted no time in examining the books.

 

Books were divided into Shelves. Books about magic were in one section. Other books were in a separate section. Most likely, spell books were many times more expensive than other books.

 

He went to the Magic Books side of the shop and began to examine the books there. The covers of the books were tied with a rope so that they would not open. And there were labels on the back of the book describing the contents of the book. Then he moved on to the other section.

 

Arthur pulled a book from the regular bookshelf and looked at its name. The inscription “Alwarti History” was on top of the book and looked at its author. “Arnold Grasseater”

 

 

He skipped the preface and started reading the first page of the book.

 

“The Word Alwarti is a word used before the common language and means death. This is because no one who enters the fog comes back. As the fog disappears, the whole race---”

 

Just as he was about to continue reading, he heard the sound of the hand.

 

“Arthur what did you find”

 

“History of Alwartin.”

 

“It is a very good book. The author wrote it as neutrally as possible, if I remember correctly,” Elda said.

 

"Did you read"

“Yes, my father forced me to read it when I was a kid.”

 

“The noble life must have been tough, I guess,” Arthur joked.

 

“We weren't a very high-ranking family, so I never considered myself noble. Dad tried to do something about this situation, but as you know, it didn't end well,” Elda said.

 

After a little chat with Elda, Arthur took the book to the shopkeeper.

 

“I wonder how much that is,” said Arthur.

 

"2 silvers," said the shopkeeper.

 

“After Arthur took the money out of his purse and handed it over, he returned to Elda and darkis. Darkis looked rather bored, although Elda did not mind staying in this shop for hours. Arthur didn't want to bore Darkis with more books.

 

They all left the shop together. They started walking on the street. It was starting to get dark in the air. There were enchanted lamps similar to street lamps.

 

As he continued walking down the road, Arthur felt something And turned around.

 

He met eyes with a young Goblin, his face covered in dirt, his rags dangling from his body. The goblin's hand was on his enchanted pouch. Arthur froze as the Goblin tried to quickly tear the pouch from the belt.

 

“The thief!” shouted Arthur. Elda and Darkis, who were just ahead of him looking at the clothes in the shop window, got over the initial shock and looked towards where Arthur was and rushed towards him as soon as he realized what had happened.

 

The little thief finally managed to snatch the purse, and he tried to run away.

Elda quickly used the wood magic to catch the thief using ivy.

The young goblin escaped the first Ivy with a body maneuver but was caught off guard by the second.

 

Hearing the commotion, 2 sentries were coming to the scene.

 

Elda Darkis and Arthur started walking towards the young Goblin they had captured.

 

“Let me go, please,” said the goblin, with a look of horror in his eyes.

 

“This is the third please let me go”

 

"What third," said Arthur, unable to understand.

 

“Caught counting, please”

 

“What happens if you get caught 3 times”

 

"He'll be hanged," said the guard, coming up to them.

 

The atmosphere suddenly turned cold. Arthur was just beginning to understand the seriousness of the situation. He looked at the goblin, emaciated with hunger. It was also very difficult for them to find a job since the goblins could not level up.

 

The goblin had lost all hope when his sentries arrived on the scene as well.

 

"I haven't had anything to eat for 2 days," he said quietly, then his voice rose.

 

“What should I have done?” he cried. In the direction of Arthur and the guards.

 

These words were not the words of a liar and a thief, they were the words of a starving goblin, and did not contain a dash of lies.

 

After the emotional discharge, she began to cry. Darkis was also impressed by the event. The goblin's state reminded him of his orphanage years. But he was lucky. And he was able to gain Levels. He had no trouble with food and clothing. It was like Darkis worse, the goblin before them.

 

"If I don't blame," said Arthur, turning to the guards.

 

"We can't let him go, if not now, he'll steal it again," he said in a firm voice. By extinguishing the light in the goblin's eyes, which were soon filled with hope.

 

"What if we can make sure he won't steal it again," said Darkis.

 

“Are you sure you want to be the guarantor? You will be tried together for the next crime.” said the guard

 

“Yes,” said Darkis without thinking.

 

The vines that bind the goblin have been dissolved. And he was trying to understand the events. He was confused and happy. He was saved. But why would a person he didn't know want to be his guarantor?

 

The guard took out a sheet of paper, cut a hole in the goblin's finger, dripped his blood on the paper, and said, "Sign here," looking at the darkis.

 

When the guards left, Darkis turned to the goblin and said, "Are your parents alive?"

 

The goblin shook his head. "We'll talk to you after you've had your fill," said Darkis.

 

The goblin apologized and handed the pouch to Arthur. Then they made their way to the inn.

 

Chapter 12

“What did you say his name was,” Askar said, looking at the goblin that was eating like a hungry wolf before him.

“We don't know,” said Darkis.

“Can you guys explain again what happened?,” said Mefzar, apparently confused.

Darkis repeated the events in turn. Mefzar could understand Darkis' reaction. He also did not want anyone to experience the difficulties they experienced during the orphanage years. But being a guarantor seemed a bit too much.

Then he turned towards the Goblin.

"We can't leave you in this city any longer, as Darkis is your guarantor."

"But we won't be staying here long, we're going south, you have to follow us"

“Okay,” he said without looking up from the meal.

“Mefzar, you always ask the wrong questions,” Askar said to the goblin, smiling.

"What's your name buddy"

“Rook,” said the goblin.

“Welcome to the team, Rook,” Askar said.

The goblin found this alien environment strange, but he was happy to escape life on the streets. He had never met such people on the streets, and he didn't quite trust them.

"How long have you been here," said Elda

“I came here from Manumit 6 months ago, hoping that maybe it will get better, but I couldn't find a job because of my weak body. And no one is giving a job to a foreign goblin,” he said.

“I needed a good assistant and you should have no trouble with the work to do,” said Arthur, looking at the goblin.

“For what?” he asked, puzzled.

“I am an architect and together we will build a city,” said Arthur.

The goblin's eyes were wide open.

“But… I can't level up.”

“You don't need skills or classes for what we're going to do,” said Arthur.

The goblin's eyes lit up when he heard Arthur's answer. Goblins were doing the dirtiest jobs in general. And the money they earned was quite small. Since they did not have skills and levels, they could not be adventurers. This was salvation for Rook.

"We'll get you some clothes tomorrow," said Darkis.

The goblin was like in a dream, all the pain, all the hunger was finally ending, it was like he was stepping into a new world.

———

In front of Gate city, 2 carriages were making final preparations to cross the gate. The journey was made on a road with 12 km of steep slopes. The wheels of the carts and the horses had to be checked to see if they were calm. Lyda and Iris approached them while Arthur was checking the cars.

“I guess it's time to part, huh,” Lyda said.

“You guys aren't coming with us Manumit?”

“No, we need to deliver the cargo this month”

“I see, see you lyda iris You should definitely come to the city we will build”

“Of course we love to”

After saying goodbye to everyone in Lyda's team, they got into the carriages and started to move towards the pass.

Passage. A path leading through steep blackish jagged rocks. The road is used by thousands of people every year. Arthur would see the Pass for the first time. He had heard what it was like in bars. But the words didn't seem like enough to explain.

Carriages began to slowly approach the entrance to the north of the pass. The entrance was widened with picks and shovels.

The black stones of the passage consisted of a substance that did not allow soil manipulation. Why ? Even though they did research on academies, they could not get a satisfactory result.

They entered the pass and began to follow the tracks left by the wheels of the carriage due to the years of use of the black stones.

Arthur didn't want to miss this, so he got to the very front of the car and began to watch. With each passing minute, his admiration for the gate grew.

------

Mefzar increased his attention to the roads as the carriage passed by the bottomless darkness. The horses had slowed down too as if they had realized the danger.

“So this is the bottomless darkness,” said Arthur. They were passing perhaps the most interesting part of the passage.

The name “Bottomless darkness” was a dark pit given by the group that first discovered the portal. No one had come back down. In fact, the screams of falling people were inaudible due to the distance, and there was no crashing sound again. There was something, but no one knew. All over Alwarti was filled with such mysterious places.

“Would you like to take a look down there, my friend,” said the Askar jokingly. He was sitting next to Mefzar.

“Not right now”

“Not right now?! So you want to enter in the future?” Askar said, Arthur's answer surprised him.

“ When I get high enough level why not”

“You know these rocks affect the mana flow, you can't fly here.

" said.

“I heard, just need some research, man”

"Arthur, I didn't know you were crazy," Mefzar finally said.

The carriage continued on, leaving the bottomless darkness behind them. They had left the most exciting part of the passage behind.

After that, the roads in the gorge began to improve.

——-

After 4 hours, 2 carriages came out from the south opening side of the pass.

Walls built to block monsters from the Gate appeared before them. These crescent-shaped walls were built by the 4kingdom to prevent monsters from coming to the south in winter. And in front of the gates of the fortifications, the carriages coming from the pass formed a line. The crossing of the bandits to the south was prevented in this way. If you were bandits in the north, you had to spend the winter in the north.

Passing the gates of the city walls, plains with green lawns appeared before them.

“This is the south end,” said Arthur, again sticking his head out from the back.

Elda and darkis had learned to take selfies on the phone. And they weren't as curious about the pass as Arthur. They had been on the phone for 4 hours. The goblin was also keen on the phone, but he did nothing to avoid angering the public. He looked quite timid and scared. Bill was asleep in the back of the car.

After another half hour of driving, the carriage came to a fork in the road.

"We're leaving here, take care," Arthur heard a shout, and he stepped forward to wave.

"Remember your promise to come to the new city," replied Arthur.

During their time with Lyda and her team, they had grown close.

The cars parted and they both went their separate ways.

Half an hour later, the famous Manumit walls were in front of them. The vastness of the city seemed even more striking as the carriages descended the hill. The city stretched as far as the eye could see, and the buildings were built according to the aesthetic understanding of 4 different kingdoms.

And the team approached the gate of the city where they would spend most of the winter and call home.

It had been 2 hours since the sun had just left the top. There was still time for the evening, and the gatekeepers seemed to be enjoying the off-peak time.

“Hey Mefzar, where will we stay”

“A friend of ours has an inn here, we are going there, Arthur,” said Mefzar.

When he passed the guards, he started to drive the car on the roads, knowing where to go.

Arthur looked around him. For the first time, he felt that he was in a civilian city, as he could not see swords in the waist of some people. The streets were not populated by mages or adventurers, as in northern cities. Normal people lived here.

The avians of men continued on their way among the voices of elves and dwarves.

Finally, they stopped in front of an inn with the inscription "Adventurer's home".

"We came "

"I wonder what our old friend is doing," said Askar as he got out of the car.

"Whose inn is this exactly?" said Arthur.

“old mike's inn but everyone calls him old wolf he is a legend among adventurers. he was a gold level adventurer when he quit adventurism and opened an inn for himself and retired. We met him in the north a few years ago,” Askar said.

The whole team got out of the carriage. No one came to pick up the carriage, and they left the carriage where the inn's horses were tied and headed towards the entrance of the old wolf's inn.

The condition of the inn was not very good, the outer boards were worn out. Some boards were completely dislodged and wobbly.

The warm lobby greeted them when they pushed the door of the inn and entered. Its lobby was only big enough to accommodate 40-50 people. Arthur began to carefully examine his surroundings. It wasn't a luxury inn like they were staying in Gate city, but it had a different feel. The atmosphere of home.

When they entered the lobby, a man with white hair on the other side of the bar was wiping the counter, when he heard the doorbell, he looked at the people entering and smiling.

“You came back alive this year, huh,” he said, looking at the team. Then his eyes fell on Arthur and the goblin.

“I guess they have good stories to tell,” he added. As you walk out of the bar counter.

“Yeah we got lucky, old man,” said Askar as he sat down at a table in the lobby.

"Are you hungry."

"We haven't eaten anything since morning," said Mefzar.

“Okay, sit down, let me have you prepare something, then let's listen to your story, it's been a while since I heard a good adventure story,” he said, and walked towards the kitchen with a laugh.

He looked really happy that the team got it alive.

 

Chapter 13

 

It had been a while since the dwarf woman working in the kitchen had brought the food. The meals were the best meals Arthur had ever eaten in this world. It was clear that she was a high-level [Cook]. Meanwhile, Askar had come to the end of the story of their journey.

“I think you hit the jackpot this time,” said Mike, taking a sip from his glass.

"It was so," said Mefzar

"Well, you'll finally be able to build the city you want then"

“Yes, we plan to stay here in the winter, and in the summer we will go north.”

“Have you decided on your place?”

“Our architect has already chosen a place,” said bill, pointing to Arthur.

"Architect!?"

“Yes, I am an architect,” said Arthur.

“Where is it, there are enough cities around the Gate, you come across a city if you move a little bit, I hope the place you chose is not next to the gate, rumors are spreading that they are losing money.”

Arthur took a map from his Enchanted pouch and slid his drink to the side, laying it on the table.

He gestured with his hand where the Endless River met the Ocean.

“Right here.”

Mike bent down from his chair and looked at the map. His eyes widened when he saw where Arthur was pointing. He leaned back, smiling as his surprise faded.

"You're not going the way everyone else is going, are you?"

“Let's just say Arthur convinced us,” Elda said with a smile, taking a sip from her glass.

“How did he do that?”

“This seemed like the best place to build a city in the North. The river runs almost to the other side of the North. Travelable in winter and close to academies where materials are sold in the North.”

Mike thought of the benefits Arthur had counted and shook his head.

“Good luck, but here's my advice to you. Don't underestimate the North. No one hasn't been to that area for centuries. There's a danger under every stone.” He seemed to speak from his own years of adventure. The whole team nodded. Looks like the team's morale has dropped a bit. When he saws that,

"But that's what adventurers do anyway, going where no one's been, taking risks no one else is taking, and returning with a big bag of gold" and he burst out laughing

Hearing these words, the blood of the team also boiled. Even Rook was excited.

And the conversation continued until dark. Before everyone had retired to their rooms, Arthur said, "Let's talk about coffee tomorrow, we have to make a plan as soon as possible."

The team left after agreeing to talk about the coffee business tomorrow. Arthur was sharing the room with Rook tonight.

When Arthur entered the room and lay on the bed, he turned to the rook.

“Are you used to the team”

“ yyy-es”

He was still timid, and nothing more than a few words had been spoken, even with the team. Arthur lay down on his bed, deciding to give him some more time.

------

Arthur woke up in the morning to the sound of the crowd in the street. When he lifted his head and looked out, he saw that the sun had just risen. “Life starts early in Manumit, I guess,” he muttered.

He turned his head to the bed next to him and saw that Rook was asleep. But droplets of sweat had pooled on his green brow and he struggled a little in bed.

“Is he having nightmares?” thought Arthur.

He got up from the bed and went to the bed where the rook was lying.

“Nooo,” he woke up shouting just as Arthur was about to nudge him with his hand.

When Rook's Eyes opened, it took a few seconds for him to wake up and remember where he was.

"Are you okay," said Arthur.

“I'm fine just a nightmare, it always happens” Trying to smile.

“I'm here if you want to talk, now you're a member of the team,” said Arthur.

"Thanks." This time with a genuine smile.

When Rook relaxed a bit, they dressed and went down to the lobby of the inn. Elda and Darkis had descended before them and were waiting for the others at a table.

“good morning”

"Good morning "

They pulled out their chairs and sat down. And they waited for the others to come. After 5 minutes the others joined the table in the lobby.

“Arthur, how are we going to do this?” said Elda.

“First of all, we must collect large quantities of coffee beans from the market. Do you know who's selling it?"

“Usually the merchant guilds of the Dowand and Runera kingdoms sell, There was also the human guild, but I forgot the name,” said Mefzar..

“Okay, we have to talk to them today and find out how many coffee beans they have. We'll go buy them tomorrow. But more important than that is how we are going to introduce Coffee to the Manumit people.”

“How are we going to do it?” said Darkis.

“Hmmm, is there a big event in the near future?”

“Every winter, a tournament is held in Arena of Manumit, which is a pretty big event,” Askar said.

"When exactly"

"In a week," he said after some thought.

"Ok."

“What is it, how are we going to introduce it?” said Elda curiously.

“We will distribute free coffee at the event”

"Is it free?" ' the whole team said at once, to an unexpected answer.

“Thousands are watching the tournament, Arthur,” Mefzar said.

Arthur realized that modern marketing is far from the people of this world, and he took a deep breath and began to explain.

“Nobody knows about coffee, if we want them to buy our product, they should at least try it. Although we seem to be losing money at the beginning, this will allow the coffee to be recognized by Manumit people and to sell it at the price we want”

Elda nodded as if to say I understood.

"Okay, let's go out for breakfast and see the market, me and Askar see the human trader," said Arthur.

"Mefzar and I talk to the Runera’s merchants," said Elda.

“Bill and I are at the merchant’s from Dowand.” said Darkis.

His head dropped forward when Rook heard his name not being said. When Arthur realized this, he realized he had made a mistake, and turned to Rook.

"You're coming with us, assistant," he said.

Rook nodded, with a smile.

Just then, their breakfast arrived and the team stormed into the monstrous meal for the long day ahead.

------------

It was 9 o'clock for the team to finish breakfast and go out on the street. Although the weather was warmer than in the North, it was felt that winter was approaching. After a trembling session, Arthur separated from the other members of the team and started walking with Askar and Rook towards the direction of the trading guilds of humans. The streets were packed even though it was early in the day, and different races were moving fast as if they were in a hurry.

For the first time, Rook saw these streets where he used to live with a different eye. He was trying not to lag behind those around him.

"How are we going to find this man's trade guild," said Arthur as he walked.

"I don't know, we'll go to the marketplace and investigate," said Askar.

Arthur realized that Rook looked as if he had something to say.

“Do you know anything, rook?” he said to lure Rook into the conversation.

“I heard a few things when I was in Manumit, when the Mefzar said human merchant, my mind went straight to her.”

“So who is that?” Askar said curiously.

“I seem to remember Lady Elise selling bitter seeds,” he said, afraid of giving out false information.

“Okay, let's first go to this lady Elise and check if she sells coffee seeds or not. Do you know exactly where rook?" said, Arthur.

“Yes, I know, it's a 10-minute walk,” he said and showed the road in front of them with his green hand.

“Okay, show me the way, man,” Askar said, quite pleased with the prospect of shortening the Search time.

Askar and Arthur started following Rook. Arthur was examining the architecture of the buildings as he walked through the roads. Buildings made by the Elves Mostly timber was used, while Dovand buildings had stone carvings with pointed ends on their ceilings. The buildings of the Aviens and the dragonmen were the tallest. The humans, on the other hand, looked like normal medieval structures.

While Arthur was thinking this, they stopped in front of a building. The sign said red roses trade guild.

“Here it is,” said Rook.

“Okay, let's go in,” Askar said.

The three of them climbed the stairs and walked into the building. When they entered the door, they were greeted by a receptionist.

“Hello, I wonder if we could talk to lady Elise,” said Arthur.

The woman standing at the reception was a blonde person in her 20s. “May I ask what it's for,” she said after scrutinizing the incoming trio for a bit.

“Let's say for a big job,” Askar said.

The receptionist nodded and stood up.

"You can wait here and I'll let you know." he said, pointing to the tables in the lobby.

Arthur nodded as if to say okay and headed for the table.

They sat down at the table and began to wait. At the next table, two people, whom he understood to be merchants by their clothes, were talking. One was a rather old white-haired man and the other was a middle-aged man. And they involuntarily overheard their conversation.

-------

“Can he really smell the money?” said the middle-aged man.

"I don't know, old friend, but there's a rumor going around." The old man with white hair.

“This explains how Red roses have brought this level in 3 years,” he said.

“Do you know exactly what class is?”

"No one knows, she was keeping it top secret," he said.

“Maybe it's a skill. You can gain such different skills at level 30.” said.

"Maybe"

----

When Arhur heard the conversation, he looked at Askar out of the corner of his eye. Not long after, the receptionist girl came and

“Lady Elise is waiting for you,” she said, looking at the table where Arthur was.

The people at the next table stood up in surprise and a bit of anger and said, "But we came first."

“I'm doing what Lady Elise said,” she said indifferently.

The three of them stood up and started to move towards the place that the young girl described. Arthur was beginning to wonder what lady Elise was like. The conversations he heard. It had piqued his curiosity.

Finally, they came to the door with two guards waiting in front of it. The guard opened the door and gestured for them to enter.

 

Chapter 14

The room was illuminated by the morning sun. The glass windows that went up to the ceiling were behind the desk where Lady Elise was sitting. The table was quite large and there were seats right in front of it for the people with whom they had business meetings to sit. When the three of them entered, lady Elise got up from her seat and walked towards the door they had entered. She was wearing a black one-piece dress. Arthur was stunned by Lady Elise's beauty. She had long straight hair that reached down to her back. And she was almost as tall as Arthur.She could easily have been a model in Arthur's old world.

“Welcome to Red Roses, this is Elise,” she said.

"Hi I'm Arthur, These are my friends Askar and Rook," he said after he had gathered himself.

“Very interesting,” said Lady Elise.

“Excuse me”

“You don't see many people presenting a goblin as my friend in Manumit”

“I think we are a little different from the Manumitians,” he said.

“Please sit down,” said Lady Elise while pointing to the armchairs.

She sat herself in the chair behind the desk and spoke, While looking at Arthur.

“How can I help you, Mr.Arthur?”

After taking a deep breath, Arthur began to speak. “We wanted to buy a lot of bitter seeds. After investigating around and learning that your guild is selling Bitter seeds, we came to talk.”

“Yes, we have lots of bitter seed, how much do you plan to buy?”

“What is the price?” he said.

“We can say 20 gold per hors”

A hors was a unit of measurement equal to approximately one ton. Arthur had done price research in different cities before he came south, and he knew they were usually sold for 19-20 gold per hors.

After Lady Elise gave her answer, she began to study to catch something from Arthur's movements. It was not something you would encounter every day that someone wanted to buy a large quantity of Bitter seeds.

"How much do you have," said Arthur after some thought.

This answer of Arthur caught Lady Elise off guard. But she managed not to show it on her face, as if proving that she was a successful business woman.

"I don't know exactly, if you'll give me 2 minutes I'll check it out."

“Mark,” she said loudly towards the door.

The door opened and the door guard entered.

“Can you bring the inventory list”

“As you command,” he said, and quickly went to fetch what was requested.

“How rude am I, I forgot to ask if you would like something to drink.” said Lady Elise, noticing that she had skipped the formalities because of the speed of the conversation.

“I can have water,” said Arthur.

“If you have a beer why not,” said Askar. Arthur rolled his eyes when he saw that the askar wanted a beer.

“Water,” Rook said, seeing Arthur looking at him.

The other guard at the door waited for his friend to come, when he saw it in the corridor, he left his place to fulfill the demands.

When the lists arrived, Lady Elise looked at the inventories.

“We have 35 hors of bitter seeds,” she said as raising her head from the paper.

“Well, how much can we make the price if we buy them all,” said Arthur.

Lady Elise seemed to understand from the previous question that this question was coming. After some silence

“16 gold,” said Lady Elise.

“We'll take them all for 14.” said Arthur.

“15 for the last price,” said Lady Elise.

Arthur rose from his seat and held out his hand to Lady Elise. "Agreed." said

Lady Elise also rose from her seat and shook Arthur's hand.

Just then, the guard, who had gone to fetch the drinks, came in with the tray in his hand.

“So where would you like us to deliver it?” said Lady Elise as she sat back down.

Arthur finally realized he had missed a small detail. They had no storage. To gain some time, he reached for the water in front of him and drank from it.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow when we come to pay." said Arthur.

He was about to get up to leave when he heard Lady Elise clearing her throat and hesitated.

“Although I don't quite understand what you're going to do with all these Bitter Seeds, my feeling tells you that you will make quite a bit of money from this purchase. If you need a guild, I will be happy to assist you.”

“If circumstances require us to form a partnership, we will definitely contact you,” said Arthur as he stood up.

When Askar realized it was time to leave the room, he finished the beer in front of him in one gulp. They left the Red Roses Guild afterwards.

------

“Askar, what are you doing, man,” said Arthur.

“What have I done”

“You asked for a beer as if you were in a tavern during our business talk”

“Yeah, I didn't do the talking, so it's okay.” he said as smiling.

Arthur shook his head in disappointment, taking his hand to his head.

“Anyway, we bought 525 gold coins, I wonder how much the others collected,” he said.

"We'll find out when we go to the inn, man, I couldn't enjoy my drink, I need another one," he said.

The three of them successfully completed their mission and started walking towards the inn. The sun was directly overhead.

----------------

When they arrived at the inn, the lobby was empty. Arthur couldn't understand how Old Mike was still running the inn. They sat at an empty table and asked the waitress at the inn for a beer. While they drank their beer, they waited for the other groups to return to the inn.

The first to arrive were Elda and Mefzar. Then, when Bill and Darkis entered the door of the inn, the whole team was assembled.

Once everyone is seated at the table, Arthur.

"We found 35 tons, what did you do"

“We bought 13 tons,” said elda

“We at 11”

"How many gold have you agreed on?"

“208”

"We at 165" said Bill

After thinking for a while, Arthur said, “It makes 898 gold. "Said.

“We can complete it from small vendors if we want,” elda said.

“I think we'd better stay here and if this goes wrong, we'll at least have some money left,” he said. Everyone nodded.

After Arthur thought a bit more, he turned to the Team.

“Guys, I think we should find ourselves a partner.” When Lady Elise spoke, she realized. Even though the team knew manumit, they did not have contacts to make such a big sale.

“Why,” said Elda.

“We don't know about Manumit. With someone who knows, we can melt the stocks more easily. Besides, I don't think we will be able to protect so much goods, even if we promote coffee.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“Who can we partner with and what will we offer them?” Mefzar said.

“Why don't we leave the sales job to them, let's say we got the average Ton under 15, let's say we sold it for 100, they sell it for 110, and they get 10 gold profits.” said

“Maybe Lady Elise, she seemed like a know-it-all.” said Askar

Everyone on the team looked at Askar.

“The owner of the human guild we spoke to,” he said, seeing that they did not understand.

“Is it reliable?” said Mefzar.

"We don't know, we need to investigate, but it seemed reliable." said Arthur

At that moment, Old Mike, who was walking between the tables, must have heard the conversations.

“Did you say Lady Elise, the founder of Red Roses”

“Yes, do you know anything about it?”

“Yes, I think she founded the guild when I opened the inn. In 3 years, she made one of the biggest guilds of Manumit.”

“Is it reliable?” Mefzar repeated the question.

“Yeah of course, nobody could grow that fast if they weren't reliable. The trading guilds in Manumit are in a silent war, If one catches the other's mistake, it will surely be revealed, but I've never heard of Red roses.” said

“Okay, after we sign the sales contract tomorrow, let's offer Partnership,” said Arthur.

Tomorrow, the whole team would go to meet Lady Elise first, and if they could agree, they would bring the goods of other Places to the warehouses of the Red Roses guild.

Arthur couldn't practice magic properly without thinking about it. He wanted to finish his coffee business as soon as possible and return to his magic studies. . He was becoming more and more adept at manipulating the land. And if he developed this in the winter, it would be of great help in establishing the City. He also wanted to teach Rook some basic mathematics and other sciences. He needed to make Rook a real assistant if he wanted to take advantage of him when building a city.

They talked about the plan in more detail until dinner. After eating, everyone went to their rooms to take a shower and sleep.

As Arthur lay on the bed and his eyes fell asleep, writing appeared before his eyes.

[Merchant Level 2]

Arthur awoke from his slumber. It was the first time he had leveled up since coming to Manumit.

---------

In front of the Red roses guild, 6 adventurers and a goblin were climbing the stairs to enter. It was like 9 o'clock. The same receptionist girl greeted when they pushed open the door. When the girl saw Arthur, she stood up and pointed to the Stairs with her hand.

“Lady Elise is waiting for you,” she said.

"Let's not go out together, Mefzar elda and I will be enough."

Askar must have liked this plan, so he headed for a chair in the lobby. The others followed Askar, showing that they understood.

Elda, Mefzar, and Arthur climbed the stairs and started walking towards Lady Elise's Room, when they came near the door, Arthur found the same 2 guards in their places.

After saying hello, they went inside.

“Hello Lady Elise”

“Hello, Mr. Arthur.”

“My teammate elda and my team captain Mefzar”

“I am Elise, nice to meet you”

After the little introduction, everyone took their seats.

“I think you've come to make the payment,” she said with a smile.

“Yes,” said Arthur.

"I wonder if the contract is ready," said Arthur.

“Yes, I prepared it yesterday. ' she said, and handed it to Arthur. Arthur took the extended parchment and read it.

Contracts made in this world could be tracked thanks to the mana trace left on them. If it was signed by force, it would have no validity. But the contracts signed in the normal way were binding.

“I remember we agreed on 525 gold coins, but it says 500 here,” said Arthur.

“Let's call it a gesture of goodwill,” he said, and smiled slightly.

Arthur handed the Scroll to Mefzar, who nodded as he found no problem.

“Okay we can sign it,” Mefzar said.

Before Mefzar came to the Red Roses guild, he took the Gold purse, which they had withdrawn from their accounts in the Trade guild union, from the Enchanted pouch and placed it on the table.

Lady Elise looked at the pouch and nodded. Arthur wondered how she knew the money was complete and real. Probably some kind of skill, he thought.

When the contract was signed, Lady Elise received one copy and Mefzar received the other copy.

Mefzar looked at him as if waiting for Arthur to speak after the signatures were signed and the contract was copied.

“Lady Elise, you said yesterday that you were ready if we were looking for a partner. Is your offer still valid?” said Arthur, taking the signal from Mefzar.

Lady Elise turned towards Arthur, as if realizing that the real deal had just begun.

“Yes it does, but I still don't know what to do with these bitter seeds and what kind of partnership you offer,” she said. It was quite strange for a group of adventurers to take all the seeds of Bitterness in their hands.

“I think I can explain that now. Bitter seeds are known by a different name where I come from. It is known as coffee beans and is used to make a beverage. When I met my team in the north, I realized that they were not aware of this drink and I came up with a plan to make money from it.”

“I think I'm going to lose quite a bit from the sale,” said Lady Elise, smiling. She gestured with her hand to continue.

“You must have more or less understood the plan, it was simply to buy as many Coffee beans as we could afford and sell the coffee at a high price after promoting it.”

"You still haven't said what kind of partnership you're proposing." said Lady Elise, curiously waiting where Arthur would tie the conversation.

“As for the partnership offer, we can make this sale, but we don't know Manumiti as much as the guilds here. For this, we need someone who knows Manumiti.”

“I see,” said Lady Elise thoughtfully, one hand rubbing her chin.

“But I can't decide the probability of success without tasting this drink”

“Then let me prepare a few examples for you and then we can talk about the partnership in more detail. Can I have some boiling water?"

Lady Elise asked the guard at the door for some boiling water, then watched Arthur pull a glass jar out of his purse. Inside the jar was something brown powdery.

“Is that coffee powder obtained from the seeds?”

“Yes, after the seeds are roasted, they are ground and become this way.”

Not long after, the guard came through the door with a steaming jug of water in his hand. And left it in front of Arthur.

Arthur brewed 3 coffees. One is just black coffee, the other is with milk and the last one is with milk sugar.

She handed the coffee she had prepared to Lady Elise.

The guard who doesn't leave the room after bringing the water.

“My lady,” he said.

Arthur realized that he had made a mistake. Why would the owner of a guild drink what a stranger made?

“My apologise Lady elise,” he said, taking a glass from his bowl.

Arthur poured some of all three coffees into his glass, then took a big sip.

“There was no need for that, Mr. Arthur, I trust you,” said the Lady, and began to examine the coffees.

She took a sip of black coffee first. Although it was clear that she did not like the taste, it was clear that he interpreted the taste according to whether or not other people would like it.

Later, she also tried milk and milk sugar. It was obvious that her favorite was the milk and sugar one.

“Wonderfull,” said Lady Elise, for a moment shedding her businesswoman identity.

But it didn't take long for her to gather herself. She was looking at Arthur, her eyes gleaming.

"Okay, let's talk details.”

 

Chapter 15

 

In the early hours of the morning, the first snow was falling on the streets of Manumit. Winter has officially begun. Manumit was filled with adventurers from the north. And one of the things adventurers did in the winter was to rest and have fun and spend the money they earned fighting monsters and bandits in the north during the summer.

In the years when Manumit was first established, there was a big fight between drunken adventurers. Inspired by this, the city administrators decided to organize a winter tournament every year. Thus, the manumit's winter tournament was born.

Although those staying at old mike's inn shouldn't have much to do with this tournament, but there was no one as excited as them for the tournament in manumit.

Almost a week had passed since they became partners with Lady Elise. And tomorrow was the first day of the tournament.

Arthur had talked in detail about this with lady Elise over the past week about how they would promote Coffee. Also, Lady Elise had become addicted to coffee in the past week. Arthur was sure she was also collecting the remaining coffee beans with his own money. Now they had the market in their palms. The only problem was that there was no market.

When the clock showed 12, a horse carriage approached in front of the old wolf's inn. Lady Elise got out and walked towards the inn. There was a guard standing at the door next to her.

The guard next to him pushed the door of the inn lobby and they entered. Lady Elise didn't understand why a team that started a business worth about 1000 gold was stuck in such a neglected inn.

There was no one else in the lobby except the Old man behind the bar counter. Lady Elise walked slowly towards the man. The Old Man lifted his head when he heard footsteps.

"How can I help you, ma'am," he said.

"Hello, I'm Elise, I'm here to meet with Mr. Arthur," said Lady Elise.

“Oh, you came to see the Architect huh”

“Architect?” Lady Elise knew Arthur as an adventurer.

“Yes, I was surprised when I heard it. I knew that Mefzar was a dream of building a city, but he found a real architect hahaha,” said the old man.

Lady Elise realized that she had never asked Arthur about his profession. This man, an adventurer, and architect with such a deep knowledge of the trade, was getting more and more interesting.

When Lady Elise noticed that he was looking at her, the old man pointed to the door.

"He's practicing in the back." said

Lady Elise went to the door indicated and opened the door and went out.

Outside, she noticed a stone staircase rising in the middle of the courtyard. Her mouth opened in surprise. This spiral staircase was a work of art. Statues of several animals were carved on the central stone pillar of the staircase. He saw Arthur 3m above the ground shaping the ladder with stone manipulation. Arthur, who had heard the sound of the door opening, raised his head and looked at who had come.

“Oh Lady Elise”

Arthur came down the stairs as Lady Elise studied the stairs in front of her.

"You didn't say that your profession is architecture," he said.

“I guess it was never brought up,” he said as he took a towel from her pouch and wiped his sweat.

“This is beautiful,” she said, still unable to shake off the scene before her.

“We're planning to build a city next summer, so let's say I'm practicing,” he said.

“I think I finally understand why I couldn't convince you,” said lady Elise, who had noticed over the past week that Arthur was excellent at Trading. So she had offered a high-paying position, but Arthur had kindly turned them down.

"It's cold my lady, let's go inside and talk or I may get sick", he opened the door with his hand and they went inside and sat at a table in the lobby.

After asking Old Mike for a coffee, they started talking. After Arthur had stockpiled the beans, he was quite happy to finally be able to drink coffee. When they came to Manumit, they had decided not to drink in case someone saw it.

“How are the preparations going?” said Arthur, sipping his coffee.

“We have set up a stand at the entrance of the arena, 2 tons of coffee is ready to be distributed. Did you choose who will participate in the tournament?” said Lady Elise.

While talking with Lady Elise about how we can make a better impression, Arthur had the idea ‘why we don't participate in the tournament and advertise it there.’ And they had decided that a few people from the team would participate in the tournament. Bill immediately volunteered. The idea of joining the tournament was suddenly tempting when Askar learned that if he did not participate, he would help at the stand.

“Yes, Askar and Bill are pretty excited about it,” he said.

“How's the roasting and grinding going?” said Arthur.

“Your idea to sell about 5 tons of ready-made powder at a high price was ingenious, Mr.Arthur”

Arthur shyly accepted the compliment.

After thoroughly discussing tomorrow's action plan.

“I think everything is ready then,” said Lady Elise. After finishing her coffee, she stood up.

"See you tomorrow morning in front of the arena," she said.

“Of course,” said Arthur.

-------

Arthur woke up early in the morning as if awakened by an alarm. The big day had come. He Crawled to the side of his bed and sat and put his hands between his head and thought about the day before he came into this world. For some reason, this day was more exciting than graduation day.

This world had changed him. If he was in his old world, he would have started a job at an architectural firm. But now he was running a major marketing operation. How long had it been since he came here 1.5 months? 2 months?

The urge to get ready pulled him out of deep thoughts. And he stood up.

“Hey rook wake up buddy it's the big day,” he said with a laugh.

At Arthur's shout, the goblin started and woke up. He got out of bed and started to get dressed like Arthur. When they were both ready, they left the room and went out into the corridor.

Mefzar, Askar, and Bill were staying in their right rooms. To their left were Darkis and Elda.

After knocking on Elda and darkis's door, he waited. But the answer came from the room he hadn't expected. The room where the other men of the team were staying opened and Askar came out.

“They've already landed in the lobby,” Askar said.

When Bill and Mefzar came out after Askar, they went downstairs to have breakfast.

Elda and darkis were sitting at a table waiting for them.

Everyone sat down at the table and soon their breakfast arrived. Normally there wouldn't be breakfast this early, but Mike had asked the Dwarf woman because he knew they had to leave early.

Mefzar looked up from the meal and looked at Arthur.

“Arthur.”

“Yes, captain”

“Thanks, Although you are a foreigner, you have taken great responsibility for the team You have run almost the entire coffee operation You have established a partnership I am starting to think that as a captain I have not been able to help you enough”

Arthur was touched. When he first came up with his coffee plan, he did not expect that he would take so much responsibility, but the knowledge he gained from the other world inevitably pushed him into this position. It was a good thing that this responsibility was recognized by the Captain.

“Captain, you and your team saved me from death in the north, you gave me a permanent place on the team I joined temporarily. What I've done is nothing compared to what you've done to me,” said Arthur.

"Oow Stop kiss each other ass and let's get some gold," said Askar

The entire team burst into laughter. Arthur even caught rook smiling. After the meals were over, they greeted old Mike and left the inn, and started walking towards the arena.

-------

Arthur was examining the materials to be used in making coffee behind the stand, which was set up with the permission of Lady Elise from the city administrators. Next to him was Elda and rook. Darkis and the Mefzar were keeping Bill and Askar ready for fights.Lady Elise stopped by and after she checked everything, she entered the Arena and went to check on Askar and Bill.

After Arthur had made the final checks, he looked around and noticed that a dragon-man passing by was trying to read the writing on the sign.

"Hello," said Arthur

“Oh- hello”

“Would you like to try it completely free”

"Is it free? Why are you giving it for free? “This was a pretty normal reaction, hadn't seen anything given out for free before.

“Actually, we're giving away this Red Roses guild's new product for free during the tournament so people can taste it before they buy it.”

The dragon-man nodded, though he didn't quite understand.

“I might try one,” he said.

“Do you like sugary things?” said Arthur.

“No, I don't really like it”

After Arthur nodded.

"Come in"

He prepared a coffee with unsweetened milk and handed it to the man with a cardboard cup. Preparing these cardboard cups was a total ass pain. Since the plastic normally used does not exist in this world, they had to write a very low-level enchantment on the papers. Arthur's first enchantment experience was with these cups.

The dragon-man took the Cardboard cup that Arthur was holding out, then sniffed the steaming drink and timidly took the first sip.

Realizing that the man likes the taste of coffee, Arthur immediately spoke up.” This beverage is formed by grinding coffee seeds, you may know these seeds as bitter seeds.”

The man was taken aback by Arthur's words. Bitter seeds were often used by city guards on guard at night.

“Is the effect the same?” he said.

“Of course, if you have trouble waking up in the morning or if you have to stay focus on something this is your beverage,” he said.

"Who did you say was selling," said the man at last.

“You can find Red Roses from the trade guild, we are thinking of selling it to the inns, if you tell them you want coffee, they will definitely buy it,” said Arthur.

Overhearing Arthur's speech, the crowd slowly began to gather in front of the booth.

“Can ı get free as well”

Arthur nodded to the man who asked questions and shouted crowd in front of him.

“COME, COME TO THE FREE COFFEE.”

 

0