Chapter 1: My death
2k 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was 17 when I died. It happened on a rainy day, I know, cliche, but it's true. I always loved the rain, well more precisely, I always loved the moments after the rain. When all is calm, and the fresh smell clears your nose. When all your worries melt away.

I was chasing a girl when it happened, not for some great reason such as a declaration of love, or a kind thought such as sharing umbrellas, instead, it was to borrow money.

I was never popular with the opposite gender, they seemed to avoid me like the plague. This girl, however, was different, she was a very popular and beautiful girl, who was infamous around the school for having unimaginable standards.

She had been asked out by almost every single handsome, athletic or popular man in school, including several guys who never even went to our school. In fact, almost every guy who asked her out was always full of all three aspects, handsome, athletic and popular. I still think the only handsome, popular, or athletic guys who haven't asked her out yet are deeply in love or gay.

However this unattainable girl chooses me of all people to ask for money, that's right to borrow money. It still baffles me. She completely ignored every member of her all-male entourage. Now, normally I would have simply ignored her, after years of rejection I had learned not to care about the opposite gender, at least to the best of my ability.

But the stares those followers gave me after she asked me for money was petrifying. I was peer pressured. After I lent her the two dollars I was planning to use for my ice cream on the way home, so she could buy a soda. She never repaid me. In fact I never even saw her buy a soda, we were right beside the vending machines when it happened and right after she got the money she immediately headed to the bathroom nearby as her male entourage waited for her outside

One week following her debt I confronted her. I normally would never have the balls, but I loved my ice cream and still wanted payment. Plus it was a good excuse to talk to her. However, her confidence from borrowing money seemed gone when I comforted her this time. As I walked up to the beauty during a work period, the entire class seemed to focus on me, the men oozing hatred, and the woman, possibly disgust, it's always so hard to tell.

Once I had arrived the girl began panting heavily, as usual, and suddenly dashed off. I decided to wait as she was hopefully just too embarrassed since she didn't have enough money today.

Another week quickly passed and when I had finally built up the determination to get my money back, I saw her exiting the classroom to go to the bathroom. I quickly followed after gaining the teacher's permission of course.

After exiting the class I noticed her walking down the halls, I began following her as she neared the vending machine again, just like where the crime happened previously. I called out her name, but the second she heard my voice she shivered, then looked at me with teary eyes, her breathing turned to heavy panting and she dashed off. I was awed, how can every female in existence be disgusted to such a mindblowing extent for them to physically shiver just hearing my voice.

However, I swiftly followed. As I chased her, the thought of getting my money back seemed to disappear from my mind, I only began to think of her answer to why she would be disgusted by me. I know my single father always says love yourself, but when every woman in existence will go into a seizure at my presence, I obviously need some changing.

She burst out the school's main doors with me close behind and we dashed through the neighbourhood surrounding my school, from sidewalks to streets, however, eventually, I saw an incoming red light. I breathed a sigh of relief for the end of this chase when I noticed, SHE KEPT RUNNING!!

Everything seemed to slow down even though I wasn't in danger. I feared the worst as I turned my head in the direction of loud engine noises, and there I saw the heavenly figure. Truck-Kun had come.

I entered a deep state of thought that barely lasted two seconds as I questioned, will four to five seconds after this inner monologue be enough time to reach her, will I transport to another world with the power of Truck-Kun, is she even worth it.

Of course, she's not! I'm not a cold-hearted man. If it was a child, or even someone my age, maybe one of my friends or acquaintances. I would have instantly sacrificed myself for them, but the chick who won't talk to me or repay me the money she owes, she the opposite of saveable.

I don't hold a grudge, but I won't do great deeds for someone like that, and after all my experiences I definitely won't be swayed by her beauty.

After finishing my inner monologue to decide our fates I noticed another strange thing, instead of standing there in a daze like usual she's looking at me, and... is she blowing a kiss? WHY!?! after all my decision making you had to do something that will make me regret this brilliant decision!!!

Then I noticed the last thing I would ever notice on earth, the Truck-Kuns direction, it seemed to... TO SWERVE! WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!! Isn't Truck-Kun supposed to kill the person on the road, why is it swerving, and in my direction!

I however won't be like an idiot isekai protagonist or heroine, I will jump out of the way. With my quick thinking and quicker reflexes, I leaped to the side of the truck into the road, I was safe, however, the unimaginable happened.

Truck-Kun hit the sidewalk way too hard, making all the trucks speed and the previous build-up to launch vertically in my direction, Truck-Kun began to roll over, directly over me. Before I could even get off the ground the truck had completely crushed me, though terrorizing, it was a painless death.

43