Chapter 18: Breakout
889 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment my last finger counted down, all the slaves ran onto the stage, they were screaming aggressively while tackling or using magic to harm anyone who didn't have chains around their neck. It was a risky plan but I was rushed for time and it was all I could come up with at the moment. I was just counting on the fact that the guards would hesitate to kill the slaves since they were their valuable merchandise.

With the chaos ensuing, I began to use wind magic to cut off the heads of anyone who looked like a supervisor for the auction. From the only guard who didn't just have an all-black outfit to the auctioneer himself.

With the raging slaves murdering anyone insight a bloodbath ensued. All the people previously laughing and bidding began to drop like flies or break out into a run towards their nearest ladder, many of them with powerful-looking bodyguards protecting them from any of the freed slaves who came close.

Once I had taken care of all the workers of the slave rig I began to slaughter the bodyguards as well as the bidders themselves. Though I never considered myself incredibly powerful the way these bodyguards swung their swords or used their magic was just a disgrace. I wasn't worried in the slightest about any of the fights I was participating in, though of course I never let down my guard or underestimated my enemy.

within only a minute or two almost everyone who was still in the underground area was either a slave wrapped in chains or a corpse. However though even some of the previously bloodthirsty slaves were puking while taking in the gruesome scene of a few dozen mutilated bodies, I wasn't disgusted in the least.

I thought it could be due to having so many bloody injuries myself and healing them with potions, or maybe it was because I was forced to learn how to skin and gut animals while hunting with my teachers, no matter what it was, I seemed almost used to the gore.

When all the action had wrapped up, I began to help the slaves, from finding clothes for a majority of them to food, there was a large amount of everything they could need in the storage room I had found them in, you would obviously need resources to take care of so many people.

Once they were all taken care of with a full meal in many of their previously starving bellies, I cut all the chains with wind magic and brought them up through the same ladder I had entered through, with myself leading the way and making sure the coast was clear I then led them to the edge of town and gave them directions to the nearest large city which was only a day and a halves walk from here.

Though I was tempted to escort them myself I still had to get to the academy in time with Seth and Sophia, plus with my travel companions, my travel speed had significantly decreased because I couldn't fly anymore.

I wasn't worried because among the slaves a large majority were powerful warriors each from their respective races, with their entire group strength combined they might be able to take on an army as long as the said army had no powerful mages.

After my good deed which seemed to go incredibly well, almost too conveniently. I returned to the room and fell fast asleep. However the next morning an unexpected surprise was waiting for me inside our room.

I woke up to a small weight on my chest, when I opened my eyes and tried to feel it with my hands I felt a soft and warm feeling. As I raised my head I saw a small bump in the blanket where my chest was, and as I lifted the blanket and looked underneath I saw a small loli elf wrapped around me.

She was wrapping her whole body around me in a tight unbreakable embrace I couldn't escape. Following the surprise, I heard a scream from beside me, "WHAT IS THIS!". Looking to my left I saw Sophia staring at the elf in bewilderment. Then she suddenly leaped towards the cute loli and violently ripped her off me while then tossing her onto her own bed.

I was stunned into silence, I was always suspicious, but was Sophia really as crazy as all the other girls I had previously met, am I just that unlucky?

Following her violent actions she lifted a leg up preparing to lay atop me, I heard her mumbling to herself as she got closer, something about "if she can, why can't I?". I was now 100% she was crazy, maybe not Nura crazy but at least Adrianna crazy, I had only met her for a few days, why did she already have such a deep infatuation with me? It made no sense.

Following her actions, however, was a cute high-pitched cry and a sudden small creature leaping onto her back.

"DON'T TOUCH MY SAVIOR!" the small elf loli had leaped onto Sophia's back like a small animal and began pulling at her face, dragging her away from me.

"What the hell?", and to add even more to the mix, all of this action was easily loud enough to wake up Seth who gawked at the current scene before diving in to separate the wild animal that was once a cute loli from his sister, who seemed to be just as savage.

Once the two girls were separated we got right down to who this girl was, she told me that she left the group and instead followed me, apparently she had to protect me now since I was her saviour. Though extremely strange what surprised me, even more, was that when trying to prove her worth she showed she was able to use 3 elements, earth, water, and air. Her giddiness at being able to use the same element as me was cute, but I barely noticed due to my stupefaction.

3 elements! I thought the highest ever recorded was only two, maybe it was because she was an elf? But Adrianna was the one who told me. No matter how far away the elves are people like a princess or her tutor should know how many elements the elves have each, especially when they interact and travel between continents.

Though I couldn't believe it the proof was undeniable as she even knew a few advanced spells such as wind blades the one I was so proficient with as well as some ice magic even, a branch of water magic that only a few water mages are able to use efficiently.

After my initial surprise, however, Seth didn't seem to care too much, he's as easygoing as ever. And Sophia only seemed upset about how the elf girl claimed she had to stick with me forever. Was I the only one baffled about this?

But even with the strange event, our adventure continued, I just decided that if anyone knew what to do with a lone elf, it would be the academy, so I decided to figure it out when I get there. I also heard beforehand there are several demi-human students at the academy, seeing as it's one of the most advanced magic academies in the known world, maybe there was a group of elves there who could take care of her.

Leaving the town of Hull shortly after the incident in the morning we began our journey once more. As we travelled I learned the elf girl's name was Miraleth, though she wanted us to call her Mia.

Though I didn't know anything about her, I was teeming with interest in Mia being an elf, a real elf! Every cultured man would be interested in an elf and their ears, it was only a dream in my past life, but now just like magic, it was real and right in front of me. Though I didn't ask to touch her ears due to it possibly being inappropriate in elf culture, especially cause she was only a child, I was deeply entranced and couldn't take my eyes off them.

In my enamoured thoughts however, I didn't realize the anger showing on Sophia's face with all my attention being given to Mia, or the deep blush showing itself on Mia's cheeks and ears due to my piercing gaze.

Nonetheless, I couldn't wait to get to the academy, after all the time and sweat I had put into magic over the years, its infinite possibilities were something I had become deeply invested in and eager to learn more about, we should arrive at the doorstep of Varia Academy by sunset today!

29