Vinland Saga(1)
183 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dizziness overwhelmed Draco as he struggled to open his eyes. It felt as if he was floating in this darkness, not knowing where or what was happening. It almost felt surreal.

At the end of that darkness, however, appeared a spark of light which blinded Draco. Suddenly, he felt his feet stumbling against something and he regained his vision.

"Where am I?" Draco completely disregarded the weakness in his body and looked around first. He was in some kind of wooden cabin. Draco also felt like the whole place was moving and it didn't take him long to understand that he was on a ship.

In the end, Draco decided to take a breather and calm his nerves down. He could hear shouts and music coming from above, though there were no humans in the near sight.

Looking around, Draco finally noticed a screen floating in the air just before him.

-

[World: Vinland Saga]

[Quest: Prevent Thors Snorresson's Death]

[Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes]

[Note: Time Conversion is 10:1]

-

Draco read through the information carefully, sighing in relief when he saw the note. It basically meant that 10 days here was the same as 1 day in his world.

'Thors Snorrensson.' Draco engraved this name into his mind. He didn't know who was that, but he had to somehow find him and prevent his death. The task already seemed quite hard, considering he didn't know in what kind of world he was.

There were too many factors at play.

Draco clicked his tongue. He didn't like this situation at all.

'I only have a week. I need to find out more about my surroundings.' Draco stood up from the ground promptly, knowing he only had one week or else he would die. That was enough of a motivator.

'Perhaps I would need to fight.' Draco thought as he stretched out his sore muscles while looking around for a possible weapon. He took the wooden broom from the corner of the room and broke it in half, taking the sharp part with him.

Before he could leave the room, however, he heard steps coming from nearby. Draco halted his steps, deciding to his the broom behind his back for now.

"Ehh... someone's already here?" A person dressed in clothing that revealed most of his clothing stepped inside. He had long golden hair falling on his shoulders, coupled with a beard.

Draco gripped the broom tighter, ready to attack at any moment.

'Wait... what's that?' Draco saw a grey screen floating above the person's head, depicting his name and age. 'This just made things much easier.'

"Oy, what are you looking at, errand boy? Wanna have a go at it?" Asketill expressed his annoyance, frowning slightly. Draco saw him walking closer as the smell of cheap ale flooded his nose.

"What if I am?" Draco smiled warmly.

"Who the hell do ya think ya are?" Asketill pushed Draco aside with one of his hands, walking towards the bed and slumping down. Perhaps if he wasn't so drunk, he would be more affected by Draco's words. "Don't disturb my sleep, errand boy. Know your place and bring me something to drink."

Draco smiled slyly before complying and walking out of the room.

'So, I wasn't just thrown here.' Draco thought, walking through the corridor of the ship, closely scrutinizing his surroundings. He tried to provoke Asketill back there, and it wasn't without a reason.

The force with which he was pushed aside wasn't something that Draco couldn't handle, so it seemed that his rank was at most [H+]. Moreover, he was so drunk that he would probably forget his words tomorrow.

'I need more information.' Draco sped up, not so doubtful anymore. Now that he knew he wasn't just thrown into this world and people wouldn't recognize him as an intruder, Draco was more confident in his actions.

Eventually, Draco reached the end of the corridor as he walked up the wooden staircase. The first thing he saw was almost ten bulky men sitting next to each other, munching on raw meat and drinking some cheap alcohol.

Draco saw all of their names above their heads. They all looked quite similar to each other, Draco noted. The next things that attracted his attention were weapons and equipment stacked in the ship's corner.

"Oy, kid! Come and have a drink with us!" Draco heard a voice coming from the group and a warm smile appeared on his face. Scratching the back of his head, Draco got into the character of an errand boy and joined the group.

"Coming!"

-

It has been three days since Draco appeared on this ship, and so far he had gathered more than enough information. First, Thors wasn't on this ship, nor was he on three others. Yes, there were four of them.

Second, from what he could gather, they were currently on an important mission to kill someone. No one, except Askeladd, knew who they were going to kill, but it didn't take so much intelligence to understand who.

Four ships full of warriors to kill one person seemed a bit excessive, no?

Currently, they were still traveling towards the destination and Draco was going around and doing whatever these barbarians told him to do. It was honestly getting pretty annoying, but Draco never dropped the act.

"Askeladd said it would take at least two more days to reach that place," Draco mumbled, deep in his thoughts. Perhaps it was the time to start preparations for the upcoming battle. He didn't care a whole lot about these brain-dead minions, but Askeladd and his loyal dog Bjorn were quite a problem.

'This is such a headache.' Draco frowned, messaging his forehead. The entire situation was still a mess. If he could just know that taking out these bastards would cause the completion of the mission, then he would have already done that. However, he couldn't be sure.

Maybe there was another fleet coming for Thor's head.

Draco would only calm down when he saw Thors surviving this ordeal with his own eyes, meaning that he could only start acting once they reached the destination.

'I really hate this quest.' Draco placed his head against the desk, feeling the wooden surface with his cheek. Closing his eyes for a few seconds, Draco fell into deep thought.

Poison.

Yes, that's what he needed.

A warm smile appeared on Draco's face.

10