Naruto(1)
90 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I have been too careless.’ Draco cursed in his mind, admitting his mistake. He hadn’t died, but simply used [World Travel] at the right time, hence saving himself. ‘I should have predicted this.’

He had really been too relaxed, as he relied too heavily on his knowledge of the future. Since he was still in the academy at that time, he never heard of any major accidents happening in the dungeon training, meaning only one thing. He had changed the future, somehow.

That was a huge mistake on his part, which could potentially ruin all his future plans. He should have relied more on his instincts. They were always right. However, it was too late.

Now, his classmates were trapped inside a dungeon, together with the traitor. It didn’t take him long to deduce who the traitor was - it was most probably Mark, who couldn’t accept his defeat.

It was also very likely that he signed a contract with a demon, meaning that the Nest of Darkness was also involved in this act. Draco really didn’t know whether those four monsters could survive on their own.

He had to come back fast. Before it was too late.

Their deaths would be catastrophic for the future.

Draco couldn’t let that happen.

While he was still in deep thought, still frowning at his own mistake, the darkness covering his surroundings finally ceased. Instead, it was replaced by blurriness, and Draco felt coldness all around.

Despite so, Draco didn’t panic. His eyes promptly adapted to the water, and it didn’t take him long to understand that he could actually breathe, however strange it seemed. From what he deduced, he was in some sort of capsule.

‘Laboratory?’ Draco thought, seeing many other capsules within his surroundings, humans and some other creatures resting inside of them, seemingly unconscious. Waiting for a few moments, the screen depicting his task finally popped up from the air.

-

[World: Naruto]

[Quest: Escape from Orochimaru’s Base]

[Time Remaining: 90 days]

[Note: Time Conversion is 10:1]

-

‘Shit.’ Draco cursed, even more, his eyes turning cold. This time, luck wasn’t on his side. 90 days. It already meant that the quest was much more difficult than all the ones before. Other than that, his biggest worry was the safety of those four.

Would they be able to survive in that dungeon for 9 days?

Maybe, if they played it safe, it would be possible, but Draco had too little information about Mark. Did he commit this act alone or not? If not, how many of them were there? Then-

‘I should calm down. I am worrying over nothing.’ Draco sighed, brushing away all the worries. What was done was already done. He couldn’t change anything anymore, only hoping that everything would turn out well. Now, he had to concentrate on keeping his own life.

It hadn’t been long since Draco understood that he couldn’t move. This much was already enough to make him frown. If enemies attacked, he would not be able to do nothing about it, simply await his death.

‘No, this skill doesn’t give impossible missions.’ Draco kept his head cool, trying to activate [Berserker], to no avail. This capsule worked in mysterious ways. Knowing that physical force wouldn’t answer his questions, Draco decided to understand more about his current situation.

It seemed like this time he had been given no particular role since the screen said nothing regarding his identity. That was good. He didn’t have to pretend to be someone else. However, Draco couldn’t really be positive in this situation.

He was a lab rat. Or some other thing that they were doing here.

‘Someone’s approaching.’ Draco closed his eyes immediately, hearing steps resounding through the area. Not wanting to be found out, Draco pretended as he had never woken up, like all the other creatures in the capsules.

Soon, a faint voice of two individuals reached his ears, as he listened closely to their conversation, trying to remember as much as possible.

“Orochimaru-san, the experiment isn’t going well. There had been eighteen failures in the last week.” Kabuto stated respectfully, his voice not showing any emotions.

“Hm...Lower the dose.” Orochimaru answered, continuing to walk with slow steps toward one particular capsule. “Is this the one?”

“Yes.” Kabuto glanced at the capsule where a white-haired teenager rested as he pushed his glasses back to the bridge of his nose. “His pulse had changed for a few seconds. It came back to the usual now, though. It seems that he woke up only momentarily.”

“Still a failure.” Orochimaru licked his lips, no longer interested in the white-haired teenager. Extended his hand forward, a snake escaped from underneath his sleeve as it collided with the capsule’s surface.

The glass broke immediately and Draco’s body flowed out of it from the pressure, colliding with the ground. Though it was painful, Draco didn’t move.

Stepping beside him, Kabuto touched Draco’s neck to see whenever he was truly unconscious. The breathing was systematic and slow, confirming Kabuto’s thoughts as he rose back up.

“Open him up and report to me when you find the reason for his failure,” Orochimaru said before disappearing from the spot as he had never been there before. Draco didn’t see it, but he could feel how his figure seemingly vanished.

Orochimaru. The menacing and cold aura, which escaped from his body... was something comparable to Angelica’s domineering ambiance. No, perhaps it was even stronger. An S rank or higher.

This Kabuto guy wasn’t weak, either. He wasn’t someone Draco could deal with at the moment, however; he had to somehow do it. They wanted to open him up. He could either die without even resisting or try to somehow escape.

Now that Orochimaru wasn’t here, maybe it was possible.

Kabuto grabbed Draco by the hair, putting him on his shoulder. With his eyes still closed, Draco didn’t see what was happening, but by the temperature in the air, he could understand they have left the room.

They walked for a few more minutes before Draco heard a clicking noise, and he felt his back hitting against a rough surface.

Hearing Kabuto step away from him, Draco carefully opened his eyes, seeing the enemy’s back. They were in a narrow room that reeked of blood, and Draco noticed different tools beside him. They were all cleaned of blood, but Draco could almost feel the number of lives taken by these instruments.

‘It’s now or never. This is incredibly risky, but I have no other options. Attack or die.’ Draco removed all the doubts in his mind as he grabbed onto a little knife used for opening up the bodies, killing intent escaping from his body.

6