Naruto(5)
86 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabuto watched the unfolding scene before him with surprise. He already knew that Cale could use the curse mark to its fullest extent, for he was the one who survived the most time in the octagon.
Draco, however, was a unique case. He had been here for over two months, yet could already use one of the strongest curses and transform. It was something even Orochimaru probably didn’t expect. It was hard to get used to its violent energy.
‘Something’s wrong.’ Kabuto stared at the arena, Draco and Cale halting their attacks. He then glanced at Draco, who had a smirk on his face for the first time since getting imprisoned here. Kabuto suddenly had a terrible predicament as he motioned his guards for something.
However, everything happened sooner than expected. Affected by the curse mark, Draco’s lightning turned black as it unleashed from his blade, flying at Kabuto at an incredible speed.
A wall made of earth rose before him just before it reached him, yet it wasn’t strong enough to hold on as Draco released another slash, completely breaking it apart. Dust rose into the air, causing Kabuto to frown even further.
Even so, Kabuto stay steady-minded, for he knew that there was no way they could escape from here. Outside of the arena, there were tens of people guarding the entrance, and even if they passed through, Orochimaru would already be informed.
It was just a futile struggle.
The dust settled on the ground.
Cale was nowhere to be seen and only Draco remained standing, his eyes cold. It was now three against one, but the smirk never disappeared from his face. Everything was going according to plan, he only needed to hold these three for a few minutes.
“Raise the alarm.” Kabuto motioned one of the figures behind to leave. Before he could take at least one step, another lightning slash appeared out of nowhere, missing only because it was never intended to hit the person.
Colliding with the wall, the underground shook for a moment as the exit was buried under piles of rock. Kabuto halted his steps, glancing at the already approaching Draco with a frown. Did he think that he could win against all of them? Where did his confidence come from?
Suddenly, it struck his mind.
“Damn it. We have to leave before it’s too late.” Kabuto said, his calm demeanor disappearing. “Kill him.”
As he gave his command, the two guards changed altogether. Their limbs prolonged, their skin turned dark, and their aura became fierce. Without waiting, they blasted from the spot, attacking Draco.
Kabuto smirked.
There was no way Draco could fight them.
However, his expression turned pale when he saw his two guards flying back at him, blood spurting out of their mouths. There was a deep cut in their stomach, coupled with burning marks.
“You have been hiding all your true strength all along while pretending to struggle to the point of sustaining injuries?” Kabuto said, his guards rising back up to their feet from the shock, now even more fierce. “That’s commendable.”
“I haven’t been hiding anything.” Draco cracked his neck, his eyes cold. “It’s just that I became stronger.”
With that, he rushed forth again, engaging in the battle with the three of them. Cerulean color shined within the darkness as the battle ensued, followed by both crimson blood and battle shouts.
Despite being confident of not dying, Draco couldn’t really get close to them, for they used their strange magic to block his slashes. He decided to play low and not engage in close combat, hence prolonging the battle and making Kabuto more desperate.
“Break that wall.” Kabuto no longer had the patience, commanding his guard to concentrate on making a path instead of fighting. He knew that there was not much time anymore, or maybe there was no time at all.
And, in fact, Kabuto was right as he suddenly heard the underground shake once again. Glancing to the side of the arena, he saw another hole made in the wall, Cale standing there.
Behind, tens of other prisoners stood, their expression regaining their complexion. They all looked at Kabuto with vengeful eyes. It wasn’t even a moment before they all rushed at those three, not an ounce of hesitation in their eyes.
Draco smirked.
The plan went well.
While he was busy distracting Kabuto, Cale opened up all the cells and released them, aiding them to the arena. They, of course, wanted to escape, but they also more than anything wanted to kill the one who tortured them in this place for months.
That was something Draco decided to use to his advantage. Glancing at Kabuto, who was getting engulfed in this ordeal, he warmly smiled and waved. He would definitely miss him.
He then glanced at Cale and nodded. Using the turmoil to their advantage, they both made themselves out of the arena and back to the prison, not daring to go into those corridors, for who knows what could happen there.
“Are you sure it’s going to work?” Cale asked, breaking the silence.
“I have examined this wall for over two months. If I wasn’t sure, then I wouldn’t have agreed to this plan myself.” Draco answered, shutting him down. They weren’t friends, but they just used each other for their own good, and Draco respected that.
It was much better to deal with these kinds of people.
Retracting his hand back, Cale’s dark hand enveloped in chakra and he punched the wall with the cracks on it, easily breaking through. Much to his delight, Draco’s statement was true.
There was a vast space behind the wall, and it wasn’t covered in those creepy candles. There were no corridors, even. This whole underground place was built based on the cave’s structure, and most caves had many exits from it.
From the wind that blew through the little hole in the wall, Draco could deduce that they would be able to leave this place just by breaking this wall, and he was correct.
“Let’s go before that monster comes.” Draco rushed forth, not even bothering to imagine what would happen if Orochimaru found them.

5