Chapter 4: Mysterious Energy
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell" Roy rocked back a few steps. His grip on the sword tightened, while forming a stance.

"What are you talking about?!" he was perplexed. How could this doggy die just like that? weren't you a f*cking cultivator? and it was a wild beast! they were supposed to have stronger physical bodies than mere humans. It shouldn't have died that easily, much less in the hands of its 'mortal' opponent!

Unfortunately, before he could get any answers, the strange dog's body had already vanished completely into thin air. This made him bewildered, because from his predecessor's memories, there wasn't any that could explain this weird phenomenon.

"Damn! the beast is already gone.." Roy muttered slowly while gasping for air.

What did it mean by saying that? Lord? What Lord? probably the dog's lord? Aaah whatever.

While looking at his unbroken sword, he muttered "This sword sure is too strong for a mere mortal-grade items."

At this time, all of Roy's injuries had already been healed, and he was feeling extremely grateful that he had the system while in this dangerous world.

Plopped to the ground, he asked softly, "System, are all organisms in this world evaporated like that when they die?" while lightly checking on his body conditions, he asked the system curiously.

 

[DING]

[Replying to the host.]


[In this world, the normal body decomposition timeline is as follows:

24-72 hours after death — the internal organs decompose.

3-5 days after death — the body starts to bloat and blood-containing foam leaks from the mouth and nose.

8-10 days after death — the body turns from green to red as the blood decomposes and the organs in the abdomen accumulate gas.

Several weeks after death — nails and teeth fall out.

1 month after death — the body starts to liquify.

]


[In the case of the beast's strange phenomenon just now the system hasn't had any record of it]

 

[DING]

[Upon closer scanning, the system has determined that the wild beast just now was only a mere clone]

Ehh? there is such a thing.

"What... was that clone thing?.. a battle art? or a skill?" he struggled with his rough breathing.

[It was a battle art ]

[Please, Host, bear in mind that The Host is the only one able to execute a skill]

"Huh? Really?" he questioned rhetorically. How great is that!

"By the way, what are the other differences between the two?" he added, "I get that both differ in their energy activation."

[Fundamentally, aside from differing in conjuration, in order to learn a <skill>, one wouldn't be restricted by a certain amount of energy, as every <skill> would start at level 1. Whilst for a <battle art>, one would require to attain certain cultivation base for an eligibility to learn a <battle art>, to avoid qi deviation that can result in death]

"Oh.. Okay." Roy absentmindedly replied, he found himself too tired to hear the system's explanation. His stamina was at its lowest margin right then.

 

..

In this world, consisting many different races that are distributed over a considerably spacious area. However, the most populous one mainly known as the human race, and It’s said that there are many man-made tribes. There are human race tribes even in the far distant lands. But there also exists unexplored land that mankind doesn’t inhabit.

The human race who boasts the largest population, has an aristocratic society with slavery at the core and A monarch at the apex of each continent.

And when there is a war between great powers, A power struggle between royalty and nobility runs rampant within, As a result a civil war develops.

And the city being destroyed because of such a situation constantly occurs.

In every continent, small or large, there are a number of Sects. Sects develop while constantly improving themselves in friendly competition.

...

 

The Rose Quartz City

The Rose Quartz City is located in a region higher than adjacent land and contains many hills or mountains. Serving as the capital to the continental government of The Garrhant Continent, the rose quartz lived up to its reputation in terms of grandeur. The city was crowded and it has many skyscrapers, therefore its magnificence wasn't something many other cities could compare. One might even mistake the city as a capital of a royal immortal kingdom with all the otherworldly palaces and mansions in the city.

At the center of the city was a palace which looked more like a citadel from the outside. It was heavily fortified by human guards who were on constant vigilance, not like anyone would dare attack this place for it belonged to the monarch of the continent government.

 

Monarch! The strongest man on the entire continent!

The current monarch of the continent government is Jiaro Hexane. He was a middle-aged man with brown hair and a small beard.

Currently, Jiaro was sitting alone in a spacious hall. The majestic hall towered into the sky like an ancient behemoth, and uncountable runes surged around it. The aura of Heaven and Earth surrounded it in worship, and gave it the appearance of a sacred shrine.

Inside the hall, he sat cross-legged in cultivation. Chaotic Spiritual Qi revolved around him, and the sounds of Heavenly chants and Great Dao rhythms faintly sounded from his surroundings. His aura surged towards the Heavens, and pressed down on the world around him. He was like an ancient god who could split the sky with a single movement, and no one could estimate his true might.

In front of him, an old man kowtowed.

"What did she say? " he spoke with a clear indifference while showcasing majestic aura.

"This matter, actually..."

The old man dared not hide the matter, immediately recounted everything clearly, without leaving out any small details.

 

...

 

A long time ago

A small meteorite sunken in the ocean not too far off from the Garrhant continent's southern border. Ignoring the existence of the barrier, the small meteorite entered devastatingly. Suddenly, the meteorite opened up to reveal a large 'egg' made of blood-red crystals. The people of the nearby city kept the egg under the care and warmth required for 'hatching'. After five long years, the egg 'hatched and a fairy-like baby was born.

Her skin was snow-white and her hairs were silver-white. From her back, faint traces of black wings were visible. But, this fact was kept hidden by the previous monarch, bestowing her with a high level concealment amulet.

Then, the mysterious girl was escorted to the palace.

A few years later, she was old enough to speak. Her first words were: "Where am I? This is not my home! No! This is not even my planet!"

She was born with innate memories of her world but there were things she didn't know such as why she was on a different planet or what happened to her home.

She told the people from the palace to call her by innate name, Ether, but the people there called her goddess. A title she loathed for what type of goddess would be an orphan?

Years later the people of the palace gave her the title of holy seer after she awakened her innate ability. A title she accepted for her path was of a seer and a holy guide to the continents.

Holy Seer!

The ability to perceive the future! How heaven-defying was this!

Unfortunately, as of now, this ability was only limited to a certain extent and too dependent on the user's innate talent and soul strength. Therefore the cost for its activation was enormous. But still, the full potential of it was endless.

..

 

::PRESENT::

In the Ancestral Grounds

Ether opened her eyes slowly. She was sitting on a throne made of black crystals. Her skin was snow-white but there were parts which were black after fusing with the black crystals. Dressed in a white one-piece, she exhibited a naked shin and feet that were as beautiful as jade. As her white hair scattered all the way down to her waist, this enchanting allure was unparalleled.

An old man bowed toward her with deep respect and reverence. He has gained strength which can destroy cities but in front of the holy seer, he has no arrogance. He was like a devotee in front of a god.

"You have become an old man now, huh" Ether teased him, a faint of melancholy across her face. She hasn't aged for years but those she knew have long died due to old age.

The old man didn't speak for he didn't know how to reply to such a remark.

"How many years I have slept this time?" Ether asked.

"66 years," the old man politely answered.

"Is that so?" Ether looked around the room made of blood-red crystals and finally brought her attention on him, "What guidance do you need?"

"This.. Actually we have learned that a space crack has been detected in the Dark Purple forest's area, and it was strange that the protection array hadn't been damaged at all. Moreov-" the old man answered her.

"What?" there was a faint shock apparent on her beautiful face.
...It should have been impossible with the barriers present, but to bypass it without alarming you people.. Then what else have you found? " she asked softly.

"Yes. We have yet to probe further, but from the spiritual transmitter we received from the adjacent array formations, there was also a faint unknown energy." the old man answered with a serious expression.

"Unknown energy ? What do you mean ?"

"I-it was definitely not spiritual qi.. From the traces, we have found that its properties were too violent and extremely destructive, so it was impossible for it to come from a living being.. It's just a guess but.. the characteristics seem to resemble the primordial spark written in the history. Furthermore, this mysterious energy also can disintegrate spiritual qi."

!!

2