Chapter 8: Regret
120 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pausing for a moment, Roy’s eyes fell on the book placed on top of the jade bed, so he walked over and picked it up. The seemingly thin book was so heavy that his arms sank under the weight, startling him. What material was this book made of that it weighed close to thirty pounds for something so thin?

Looking at the book cover, there were three words written in ancient inscriptions: ‘Conqueror of the Abyss’.

[DING]

[Congratulations!]

[The host has found an ancient Divine Book: Conqueror of the Abyss ]

[The host obtaining the reward of 50 system points!]

At this exact moment, as if an explosion rang out, a terrifying aura of frenzied slaughter spread out in Roy’s mind. His eyes flickered and he appeared in a place surrounded by infinite mountains of bones with a boundless sea of blood at its boundary.

Standing on top of a mountain of bones, it was as if he was the embodiment of a Devil from Hell.

Above the endless mountains of bones, ghastly apparitions of resentful spirits tried to ‘invade’ him. Feeling the countless ghastly, resentful spirits’ desire to swallow him, a light flickered again in Roy’s eyes and he was back in the third room of the cave.

"What was that? illusion?" Although it was only for a brief moment, cold sweat drenched his body.

Looking with trepidation at the book in his hand titled Conqueror of the Abyss, the scene with the mountains of bones and boundless sea of blood did not appear again for a second time, allowing Roy to breathe out a heavy sigh of relief.

A while later, repressing the shock in his heart, with slightly trembling hands he opened the first page of the Conqueror of the Abyss.

Flipping to the first page of Conqueror of the Abyss, a pair of blood-red eyes seemed to jump out from the page. A humanoid illustration of a Devil standing upright. The Supreme Devil King is a shadowed figure dressed in black and red medieval knight-esque armor with numerous tendril-like spikes across his body, with the largest ones jutting out of the armor's back and 9 jutting out of the shoulders, a headdress with a tall collar and a floor-length black cape. In the middle of the black armor embedded a cerulean crystal in the form of icosahedron containing 20 triangular faces, with 5 faces meeting around each vertex.

Studying the humanoid Devil illustration, a sensation of being in hell crept up his skin, mad slaughter and an endless sea of bodies awash Roy’s senses, and his eyes turned blood-red; confused and in pain, Roy starts to lose his consciousness in the blood-thirst frenzy when suddenly behind him the double-headed serpent martial spirit appeared roaring towards the sky – a roar so thunderous that it shook the heaven. The red bloodlust slowly faded from his eyes as he regained his conscious. Waking up, his heart pounded like it was going to burst out from his chest.

Roy slumped to the ground, his heart beating like crazy.

!!

"What?!" he wasn't startled because of the strange phenomenon, rather he sense a person was standing behind him.

He swept a glance at the surroundings before turning his gaze to this unfamiliar face standing in front of him. ‘Zheng!’ He drew out his sword and pointed it at the newcomer and asked ferociously, “Who are you?"

an old man?

The old man’s expression changed, “You certainly have guts!"

A mortal little boy actually dared to bark at him instead of bitterly pleading for mercy!?

This sent the old man into a rage.

He swiftly grabbed Roy’s right hand and applied some force. With a “crack”, his right hand fractured into two.

Startled by the sudden pain, his sword and torch dropped to the ground.

“Argh!” Roy let out a pained scream.

The old man continued to lift Roy off the ground. His right hand glowed with a faint light before forming a fist and smashing into Roy’s midsection.

This punch was nothing if not powerful. Roy felt like his entire being was going to split in two.

“How is it, my fist are pretty good, huh? This is only my casual punch, and I only used one-millionth of my strength. If I were to truly use all my force, your small body would be in pieces.” old man darkly chuckled.

As his life hung from the old man’s hands, Roy weakly whispered, “Who are you? What kind of a grudge do you have against me? For you to start attacking me the moment you saw me.” he was racking his brain on where did he do wrong. He had searched through his predecessor's memories pertaining to the old man to find nothing at all.

Who the f*ck is this old b*stard?! Why is he so strong?

Roy's strength has already improved greatly in the past few days. He had reached a level 3! Naturally, his body's defense should be equal to a Early Spirit Foundation Stage Cultivator. Regardless, his hand was easily crushed by a mere pinch from this old man. What kind of monster was he?

What had I done wrong?

"Nope. You should ask yourself. What are you doing in my house?" his eyes flashed a sharp glints.

"Your house? This cave is your house?" Roy weakly muttered.

Another fist smashed onto Roy’s body; the force of that heavy fist left Roy unable to stifle a cry. Unfortunately, the cry was accompanied by a large mouthful of fresh blood.

The heavy attacks of each fist were something that Roy could not withstand. His vision worsened from the dizziness, and he was constantly spitting out blood.

If things were to continue in this way, he would definitely be beaten to death by the old man.

At this moment, his right hand was broken, and his eyes could not see clearly in the darkness. In addition, he was being beaten by the old man and suffering serious injuries.

Roy regretted coming to this cave. He was too focused on obtaining the completion rewards as well as possible treasures within, that he forgot his previous conjecture about some potential danger. He even ignored his survival instinct that had rung a few times in the last hour ever since he set foot into the cave.

Now that it has come to this he could only face it.

Even under this kind of circumstance, his mind was completely clear.

Although he could not clearly see the crazy guy, he could very clearly sense the rage and craziness that was being directed at him.

He was venting!

Now, he must think of a way to get out of danger!

Roy turned to look at the system interface screen and opened System Store to look for a certain items in the Amulet section panel. Then, with a thought he swiftly picked the particular item.

!!

He noticed the Divine Escape Amulet is now in the inventory.

1