Chapter 7: The Phonolukamy Ambush
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        "Now that's what I call beautiful women!" Lando felt like he was living a dream. In the bright, tropical sunlight of Supher, he rested on a lounge chair with a fruity drink in his hand. Palm Tree Beach was definitely everybody's favorite beach.

        In front of Lando were a group of dancers. They practiced a traditional Supherian dance called The Suphera. They moved like hula dancers. Mixed in with the group of women were a couple of unique-looking aliens. Perhaps Lando should stay on Supher. He was away from everything there: the First Order, the Phonolukamy Blockade, and that pesky Kylo Ren. Unfortunately, he couldn't enjoy his vacation for long because Finn just had to ruin it.

        He rushed to Lando's side and grabbed the back of his chair. "Mr. Calrissian!"

        "Shh," Lando said. He held up his hand. "I'm in the moment. These dancers love my company." He took another sip from his drink.

        Finn's cheeks puffed out. "This is important."

        Lando continued to lounge. However, he lowered his drink when the young man leaned in close to his ear.

        "It's about Rey."

        That got Lando to his feet. "What about Rey?"

***

        "Rey's missing, and we're not going to do anything about it?" Finn asked Leia, who was teaching Temiri, Akinli, Akon, Beatrice, and Shudu how to use the Force to dodge blaster bolts in the academy's front yard.

        "We don't need to," she answered. "She's done what she must do. Since she's left, the Beacerika is no longer threatening the Resistance base."

        "But where she's going are the Suicide Territories!" Lando argued. "Someone has to make sure she gets through them safely." Standing off to the side were Chewie, R2, BB-8, C-3PO, Rose, and Poe.

        Poe crossed his arms. He smirked at Lando. "Let me guess... That someone is you?"

        Lando glanced at him. "I just think you should get help from someone who knows this galaxy inside and out. Please, Commander, I made the Kessel Run with Han Solo in twelve parsecs."

        "And I've fought multiple battles in outer space," Poe argued. "Unlike you, Mr. Calrissian, I'm not a smuggler. I'm a pilot."

        Leia chuckled, but she did not take her eyes off her students. "You're a very impulsive pilot, I have to admit. Temiri, chin up. Feel the Force around you."

        Temiri tried to concentrate, but it was difficult. He pulled his helmet off his head, showing a mass of tangled hair, and told her, "I can't, General. I'm worried about Master Rey."

        "See?" Finn asked. "Even he agrees we should go after her."

        Without asking for Leia's permission, Lando went ahead and came up with a plan. "I can get us past the blockade to the wormhole. After all, I did just come back from Phonolukamy myself."

        "What were you doing there in the first place?" Finn wanted to know.

        "I'll tell you on the Falcon. Now, let's move."

        "You're not serious, are you?" Leia said. She hoped she was wrong, but she knew she wasn't. The Force told her so.

        Poe turned to her. "Sorry, Leia, but Rey is our friend," he admitted. "We can't have her roaming around the Suicide Territories by herself. She didn't even take Bee-Bee-Ate with her. Therefore, she is vulnerable."

        BB-8 rolled to his side and chirped with agreement.

        "You think Rey is vulnerable?" Leia snapped. "She lifted those rocks during the Battle of Crait like they were nothing! Not to mention, she also threw Mr. Calrissian yesterday."

        "And I'm still feeling it," Lando grumbled. He rubbed his hip.

        "We have to do this, Leia," Finn said. "Rey needs us. If she finds Kylo Ren, he is going to turn her to the Dark side."

        "You don't know that."

        Rose ignored Leia's response. "And if she turns to the Dark side, then the whole galaxy is in turmoil. We need to snap her out of it."

        "Personally, General, I think this whole plan is preposterous," 3PO stated.

        "It may be preposterous," Finn said, "but it's the right thing to do."

        Leia stared at him. It looked like she was thinking. Finn had the makings of a great leader one day.

        Through a round of loud roars, Chewie begged for her to let them go.

        Finally, Leia sighed. "Fine, but I hope you know what you're getting yourselves into. If and when you find Rey, you must leave her alone. Only watch her from a distance. She can have no distractions if she if going to confront Kylo Ren."

        "Yes!" Instantly, Temiri dropped his helmet and joined the group of friends. "I want to go, too!"

        "Whoa, whoa, shortstack!" Finn gently pushed the young boy away. "This mission is way too dangerous for a little man like you."

        "But I can't just stay here. Rey is my friend, too. I want to help," Temiri argued. The desperation in his voice and eyes almost caused Finn to comply, but he decided not to.

        "Not today, Temiri. You are in the care of General Organa."

        Leia gently took Temiri's arm. She pulled him close.

        Shudu, Akon, Akinli, and Beatrice put their exercise on hold. They, too, tried to volunteer themselves, only to be rejected as well.

        While Poe, Chewie, Rose, Finn, R2, and BB-8 started to make their way to the base's headquarters, Temiri watched them upsettingly. 

        C-3PO tried to stay behind, but Finn was not having any of that. He grabbed hold of the droid's arm and pulled him away.

        Akinli, Akon, Beatrice, Shudu, Leia, and Temiri did not take their eyes off the friends until they one by one disappeared inside the base.

        Upset and slightly angry, Temiri lowered his head. He felt Leia tighten her grip on him.

        "Come on, Temiri," she said. "I need to talk to you."

***

        Rey prepared to pull The Resistance Proud out of lightspeed. She turned on the autopilot and scooted over to a chair at the back of the cockpit, which housed a console. Thinking hard, she pressed a button on the center of it. The second she did, blue, holographic lasers scanned her hand.

        "Welcome, Rey," said a robotic voice. Holographic stars exploded from the console and surrounded her. Within the hologram was a map of the Suicide Territories.

        Rey examined it and rubbed her chin. "So, I'm here, and I want to be here." She slid her hand across her current coordinates and stopped at an image of a huge wormhole–the Phonolukamy Wormhole.

        It flashed a few times, and then the mechanical voice said, "I am detecting massive life forms. It looks like a blockade's conquered your destination."

        "So it's true," Rey told herself. "The First Order has set up a blockade to prevent people from entering and leaving the wormhole. Why Phonolukamy, though? What is so important that the First Order had to disturb a dystopian planet?" Right when she asked that, she felt something. An aura, but this was not a new aura. It felt familiar. "Ben," the young woman spoke under her breath. With those words, she dropped out of lightspeed.

        The force at which she did threw her into her chair. Clenching her teeth, Rey grabbed the back of it and lugged herself to her feet. She leaped back into the pilot seat.

        A TIE Silencer appeared behind her, followed closely by a group of TIE Fighters. In the cockpit of the Silencer, Kylo Ren/Ben Solo focused his attention on The Resistance Proud. He sent a communication to the rest of the TIEs behind him and announced in a proud voice, "We've got her."

        The First Order had pulled Rey into an unexpected ambush.

***

        Before boarding the Millennium Falcon, Finn slipped into Rey's room and picked up the ancient Jedi texts she took from Ahch-To. She left them on her desk. If there was any hope to save her, he had to read up on the Jedi religion. There were five books in the bundle: the Aionomica, Rammahgon, Karobela, Reacher, and the Xiteska.

        Finn stuffed them into a satchel he wore over his shoulder and met up with Rose in the hallway.

        "You know," she joked, "the last time I saw you carrying a satchel, I stunned you."

        "You're not going to do that again, right?"

        "No, because this time, it is okay to run away." Rose cracked a small smile. She pecked Finn's cheek.

        He blushed. He needed that kiss. It calmed him down. "Are we ready?" he asked his girlfriend.

        She nodded. "We are."

***

        Rey saw the approaching TIE Silencer and TIE Fighters out the corners of her eyes. Her jaw dropped. "I'm so dumb. I fell right for their trap," she said.

        "Approaching the Phonolukamy Blockade," said the mechanical voice from the console she was just at.

        Rey thought about leaping back into lightspeed, to get the heck out of there, but her mind returned to the reason why she left Supher in the first place. She had to win Phonolukamy back from the First Order.

        Two TIEs came at her from either side, but she thought fast. She waited until the last second, and then she punched the accelerator. The Resistance Proud shot straight up. The surprise ascent caused the TIEs to crash head-on with each other. A huge explosion lit up the space surrounding the spaceships.

        Kylo Ren groaned with frustration. He punched his own flying console. "We don't want to kill her," he communicated to the surviving TIEs. "We just need to disable her ship. That will buy me time to climb aboard and capture her."

        "Supreme Leader!" one of his stormtroopers communicated back. "She's heading for the wormhole!"

        "Then stop her!" Kylo shouted. "We can't let her reach Phonolukamy!" Just as he said that, the ship the stormtrooper just spoke to him from exploded like the two before it. Scraps of metal narrowly missed Ren. Rey had managed to strike it with one of The Proud's guns.

        "Whoa," she shouted, "this is crazy! I can't believe I just did that!" She had to admit, just like what Leia told her on Supher, she almost enjoyed herself.

        Ren, though, was not having fun at all. If Rey took out another one of his TIEs, he was going to lose it. "It's time to play dirty," he spoke, punching the button that activated his own guns. "I'll show her the true power of the Suicide Territories."

***

        Rose and Finn were the last ones to board the Millennium Falcon in Supher's spaceport. They met up with Chewie, Lando, R2, BB-8, C-3PO, and Poe in the cockpit.

        "What took you so long?" Lando asked from the pilot seat.

        Finn set his satchel down next to his chair and plopped down on it. He answered Lando's question. "There are so many twists and turns in the Resistance base that Rose and I lost our way."

        Poe rolled his eyes, but he went ahead and approached Lando from behind. "So, what's the plan?"

        "The plan, Commander?" Lando asked. "I'll tell you the plan. We're going to gun it to the wormhole."

        "That's our plan?" Poe raised his voice. "That has to be the worst plan ever! Have you ever heard of stealth? Why do you think I was able to slip by the First Order's guards during the bombing raid? You know what? I don't think you're cut out to be the pilot." He tried to push Lando out of the pilot seat, but Chewie roared at him.

        "Oh my! I don't think Chewie wants you to be the pilot, Mr. Dameron," 3PO said.

        "Why not? I think I'd make a much better pilot than this lunatic."

        Poe's response made Lando mad. He punched the Falcon's steering console and jumped up from his seat. "Is that a challenge, Commander?"

        "Oh, for the love of–!" Finn slapped his hands to his temples. "Can we save the honeymoon for later? I thought we were chasing after Rey."

        "Sit down, boy," Lando told Poe through gritted teeth. "I'll show you how the professionals fly."

***

        Ren led Rey on a wild goose chase through a meteoroid belt. He shot at the rocks. Bits and pieces of them headed for her ship.

        She ducked under one of the meteoroids and opened fired, but she hit nothing. Kylo Ren had vanished into midair. Sweating and out of breath, the young Jedi brought The Proud to a stop and searched the area. Her senses tingled as the TIEs gained up on her, but there was still no sign of the conflicted Supreme Leader.

        She heard a voice in her head. "Kill them, Rey. Kill them all."

        Without thinking, Rey gave herself to the voice–to the Dark side. She unleashed all her rage. She yelled as she went on a rampage with the gun.

        Boom! Boom! Boom!

        Each blast took out one or more TIEs. It went on and on.

        Boom! Boom! Boom!

        Ren, who hid behind a huge meteoroid, felt what she felt. He could see everything that going on through a Force vision. "Beautiful," he said.

        However, as the seconds progressed, Rey grew even more violent. Before long, she shot at everything that moved and took out every single ship that belonged to the First Order. Everyone except Kylo Ren.

        Her rampage made Ben uncomfortable. He knew he was a violent person, but what Rey was doing exceeded his violence. He kept on hearing the screams and dying calls of help from his comrades. A searing pain engulfed his head, but he tried to shake it off.

        The voice Rey heard kept telling her, "Kill them all. Show them your power." She continued to obey it.

        Eventually, Ben could take no more. "Stop!" he yelled through the Force.

        Rey heard him, but for the first time ever, she felt more fear in Ben's heart than anger and sorrow. At his request, she stopped. Her eyes widened when she saw all the destruction in the meteoroid belt. Wait a minute; she did not just do that, right? Her lightsaber trembled on her belt. It, too, feared her power.

        "What did I just do?" the young woman fearfully asked herself.

        "Stop!" Ben shouted again. He emerged from the meteoroid he had been hiding behind. It almost looked like he was about to cry. During all the encounters he had with Rey, he never felt so much fear around her.

        Fingers still on the gun's trigger, Rey slowly turned her head. Her hazel brown eyes landed on the Silencer, which floated directly in front of her. "Ben."

        Boom! The second she said that, a huge meteoroid crept up on her from behind, smashing into The Proud's tail.

        Yelling, Rey fell forward in her chair. She tumbled into the flying console. The impact knocked her unconscious, and her injured arm started to bleed again. What happened couldn't have been a coincidence. Somebody was punishing her, and it wasn't Kylo Ren.

        The whole interior of The Proud flashed red. "Danger! Danger! All systems are down! The ship is about to blow!" announced the mechanical voice.

        From where he hovered, Ben shouted, "No! Stop! She doesn't deserve this!" Without a second thought, he punched his Silencer's accelerator.

***

        Whoosh! The Millennium Falcon whisked across the No'Ela Lagoon, causing turquoise water to shoot up. Just flying the ship again, Lando was one happy guy. He laughed, Chewie as well. They worked together to steer the Falcon towards space.

        In the cockpit, Rose grabbed Finn's arm. Her eyes widened to an exceptionally humorous size; she was surprised by how fast the Falcon flew.

        "Now, this is what I call flying! Whoo!" Poe shouted. He lifted his hands high over his head and glanced at Finn who had his back glued to the back of his seat. "Don't you agree, Finn?"

        "No!" Finn shouted. "I hate flying!"

***

        General Leia Organa, after finishing her lessons for the morning, watched the Falcon's ascent into the atmosphere from Rhilei Beach, the beach that housed Dark Side Island. "Impulsive youths," she mumbled under her breath. She used her cane to kick up sand and seaweed.

        That was when she felt another disturbance in the Force. It was so powerful that the general sank to her knees in the sand. She brought her palm to her chest. Rey. Kylo Ren. She felt them. Something had happened, something horrifying. No longer did Leia feel Rey's aura. It was just as quiet as the area she was in. Ben's aura, though, was extremely strong. It was almost as if he was there with her. She felt his light.

        Leia tightened her grip on her cane. Eyes rolling up to the blue atmosphere, she begged, "Ben, please. Save her."

0